Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)   The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:34 am

As Nerisei pulled him in to the room, a light hue touched his cheeks denoting his discomfort with the situation. He knew, of course, that nothing would happen without his consent, but the wizard was still a little bit uptight with the possible expectations that Nerisei had of him in this situation. Merlin only knew where this was going to end up, and Dimitri didn't know how to deal with even the thought of possible outcomes.

The witch soon left his side, going to get changed, and Dimitri remained where she'd left him, waiting patiently for her return, as he looked around the spare bedroom that he'd had made ready for her. It was not one of the most intricate of designs, but it was still beautiful in it's own right with the four poster bed.

There wasn't much time to dwell on such things, though, as Nerisei emerged shortly after which had Dimitri's eyes going wide before he looked away, flushed being mildly putting the colouring of his cheeks. He could hear Nerisei moving, and prayed it was not towards him because he would simply have died on the spot if she did.

But as she asked what he wanted to do, Dimitri brought his eyes back up to her, seeing her covered more aptly with a silk robe which allowed him to take a moment to calm himself. If only a little bit.

"I...uh..." Dimitri started, pausing to clear his throat because his voice was completely off. "There are board games here... if you'd like me to get some. Or... we... I..." The boy was flustered, and he wasn't really sure what to say, in truth. Nerisei knew how to play with his buttons, and Dimitri found himself completely lacking in knowing how to deal with her. Phil would have known what to do, Dimitri was sure of that much, but Dimitri was not like Phil, and he didn't want to be like Phil either.

Though, he did wish he could function properly around the witch.

"What... what would you like to do?" Dimitri asked, because he knew board games was not an overly exciting prospect.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)   The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:34 am

"I...uh..."

Nerisei waited for an answer, her smile not once faltering. The witch could see that she had made Dimitri a little more than flustered, but knowing him, he would be back to his normal self in a bit. Still flustered, but able to handle it nonetheless. After all, that was why she had covered herself up before it was too late. Formality was something Dimitri had grown up with, and if she wanted to spend a mere second more with him, she had to abide by his own rules, even though they had no meaning to her.

"There are board games here... if you'd like me to get some. Or... we... I..."

An answer was given, but Nerisei found herself frowning just a little bit. Board games? That was not what Nerisei had in mind. Truthfully, she didn't have something specific in mind, but board games sounded way too boring for the witch at that moment. The thought of truth or dare crossed her mind, but remembering how it had ended the last time, Neri decided they should leave that for another time.

"What... what would you like to do?"

The ball was bounced back to her, and Nerisei found herself perplexed. She didn't know what she wanted to do exactly. All she knew was that she wanted to spend as much time with Dimitri as possible. "Well, I don't really know..." Nerisei said, voice fading towards the end. Her mind had been too focused on getting him to stay, that she hadn't actually thought about what they would be doing afterwards.

And then it hit her.

"Maybe we could... cuddle and... you could... share some stories with me? Talk to me... about anything, really..." Neri shrugged, signaling that she truly had no idea what exactly they should be doing. "I just wanted to be with you a little bit longer..." The Ravenclaw admitted with a small smile. After all, that was the truth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The frown that came at his suggestion of board games was not one that had surprised Dimitri in the slightest. He knew, of course, that it had been a terrible idea, but he hadn't know what else to suggest. The Moreau heir gave the witch a small, apologetic smile in that moment, though, wanting her to know he was trying but simply wasn't very good at this whole thing.

After all, Nerisei was the first witch he'd ever done this with.

She was the first witch -- outside of the family -- he'd ever been alone with.

But at her idea of cuddling and sharing stories, Dimitri raised an eyebrow at the latter half of the sentence. What stories could he possibly tell her that she would be able to relate to? What stories could he tell that would not make her feel bad? Dimitri was not sure, in the slightest of what stories Nerisei might like to hear, but he decided that he would not deny her that much, once again.

Saying no, was growing harder, and harder.

"Okay," Dimitri agreed, motioning to the bed and waiting for Nerisei to get comfortable before he moved to sit on the bed, opening his arms so that she could curl in to him for the cuddle she'd asked for. "But, you can start with the stories..." He explained, getting comfortable with the witch in his arms.

"What happened when you found out you were magical? I mean, that's not... normal in your family... I'm not saying you're not normal... I mean, you know, your family are Muggles..." Dimitri tried to ask, making something of a mess of the question, but not meaning to offend, or hurt Nerisei. "I just meant... how did you parents take it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

While Nerisei waited for Dimitri to give an answer to her offer, millions of thoughts flooded her brain. Was her offer truly the best thing? After all, Dimitri was a Pureblood, born into a life that was completely different from hers and that was no secret. And Nerisei was not truly in the mood to be bombarded with all the things she would never be able to enjoy. Because the things Dimitri had to offer couldn't be offered to her, a Muggleborn. She was not worth it. She would never be. So why had she asked him to share his stories?

Because you just need a reason to hope, the voice in her mind reminded her, and the usual ache she felt every time she reminded herself of how impossible a relationship with Dimitri was back. But the witch was not going to allow herself to spoil this beautiful moment. Dimitri had agreed to stay with her and the least she could do was enjoy everything he had to offer. Even if it was Pureblood stories.

"But, you can start with the stories..."

Nerisei gave him a small smile, nodding as she moved on the bed along with him, getting comfortable into his arms. Once she had found the most comfortable stance, the girl stared up at Dimitri, waiting for him to ask whatever he wanted to .
"What happened when you found out you were magical? I mean, that's not... normal in your family... I'm not saying you're not normal... I mean, you know, your family are Muggles..."

Nerisei giggled at the sound of his words, leaning up to place a soft kiss on Dimitri's lips, before relaxing back against the pillow --and his arms--. There were times like this one, where Dimitri's blood purity made everything so much fun. Mostly because he found it very difficult to ask things without making things sound weird. But Nerisei had grown to love this more than she expected to.

"Well, to be honest, my parents couldn't really believe I was a witch. They though it was a joke. And well, when they finally understood this was reality, they weren't able to handle it. My grandfather seemed to know, though, even though he was not a wizard himself." Neri shrugged, giving Dimitri a soft smile. Her grandfather was the only person who wasn't surprised that she was a witch, and the only reason she could find was because he was a very open minded person.

"They learned to live with it, though. And after all, dad is constantly away, and mum is very busy. So they didn't really have to watch me being all... magical." At that, Nerisei avoided Dimitri's eyes just a bit, not because she was ashamed about her family, no. But because talking about them was not something Nerisei usually did. She understood that they were both busy people from a very young age, and had become independent, in order to survive.

She didn't really need them.

She didn't need anyone.

Except Dimitri, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dimitri wasn't really sure how he'd have taken finding out he had magic, if he were from a family that didn't have it. It was natural in his family, to be magical. It was simply something that was a given, embraced, encouraged. So, the idea that to some people in the world this was not normal... that was a concept that was difficult to grasp.

But as Nerisei pointed out that her parents had had a hard time with it to start with, before moving in to something of an accepting nature, Dimitri was relieved. He knew, of course, that Nerisei didn't have a bad home life. She'd never complained in anything less than jest about her parents, which showed she got on with them. For this much, Dimitri was glad. If Nerisei's parents hadn't been so understanding... well, there was no telling what he would have done in that situation, but that was not something they needed to worry about.

"What does your dad do?" Dimitri asked, because Nerisei had never told him. She'd told him what her mother did, inadvertently when the witch had been complaining of her mother's antics of trying to get her to be a model, but he didn't remember her telling him of her father.

Though, he could tell there was an element of isolation coming off of Nerisei in that moment, so he didn't wish to dwell on that much. So, instead, he took her hand in his, bringing it up to his lips and pressed a soft kiss on the back of her palm.

"What was your first magical feat?" He asked, looking curiously at Nerisei as he waited for her to answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)   The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am

Revealing a few things about her family was something Nerisei wouldn't really be comfortable with, if it wasn't Dimitri. Nerisei didn't have a bad home life, but she definitely didn't have the easiest one. The reason behind that was because, first and foremost, she was a Muggleborn witch. For most Muggles, it was extremely hard to cope with the fact that their child was magical, and Nerisei's parents were no exception. They had, eventually, come to grips with it, but that didn't mean it was easy to handle.

Another reason behind this was that both of her parents were busy with their professions, making it extremely hard to spend quality time with their child and create lasting bonds. Nerisei knew, of course, that both her parents loved her dearly and wanted the best for her, but in order for them to provide her with everything she needed or wanted, they had to sacrifice other things. And sometimes, Nerisei didn't understand why they valued matter over everything else.

"What does your dad do?"

"Oh, he's a Neurosurgeon. And a very good one!" Neri answered as of instinct, not even stopping to consider that Dimitri might have no idea what she was talking about. A few seconds passed, and then Nerisei tsked at herself for being so inconsiderate. "A Neurosurgeon is a is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system including congenital anomalies, trauma, tumors, vascular disorders, infections of the brain or spine, stroke, or degenerative diseases of the spine. It's a very demanding profession, so he's sacrificed a lot of family time to be what he is today. But we support him. After all, he takes care of us, one way or another."

That was all Nerisei felt comfortable sharing up to that moment.

"What was your first magical feat?"

The change of subject was welcomed by the Ravenclaw, who smiled appreciatively up at Dimitri. He could always sense when something was off, and to be fair, Neri wasn't trying to hide that talking about her parents wasn't on her 'to do' list. But the question was one that brought Nerisei into deep thoughts. Did she remember the first sign of magic she had ever showed? "I strongly believe I was with my parents at my Grandparents' place, in Sweden. I was really young, though the exact age eludes me. We were having dinner and everyone was drinking wine, except my dad, who was having a glass of whiskey. Of course, no one would give me whiskey, but I truly wanted to try it. So, we were in the middle of dinner, everyone was chit chatting, and suddenly I burp really, really loudly. Everyone turns to me and I am there, holding my father's glass, with the bottle of whiskey hovering over me, slipping more liquid in the glass."

Giggles escaped the witch, and she hid her face into Dimitri's chest in an attempt to hide the small blush that ha crept up her cheeks. Maybe sharing that much info was not a smart thing. "My mum went crazy, and she kept giving me milk, in hopes I won't kill myself from the alcohol."

Nerisei could still remember how shocked everyone was, and how hard her Grandfather was laughing.

"Do you remember yours?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)   The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:35 am

The explanation of what Nerisei's father did had been enough at the word Neurosurgeon for Dimitri, he'd started to nod, and arrange a satisfactory reply to such things when Nerisei believed it to be necessary to expand and explain as to what a Neurosurgeon was.

A fond smile touched Dimitri's lips as she tsked at herself before the explanation, and as she explained, Dimitri worked hard to keep himself from letting out an amused chuckle. No, Dimitri was not so rude as to laugh at her for believing he wouldn't know what that meant, so as she finished, Dimitri shuffled down the bed a little in order to capture her lips with his own in a soft kiss.

"You know I do know some things about the Muggle world, right?" He asked softly, showing that her explanation hadn't been a necessity in the slightest in that moment. "But, thank you for clarifying I'd gotten the right area of the body." He added, showing that she hadn't completely wasted her breath with what she'd said in that moment, because he most certainly didn't wish to offend her.

Dimitri's main focus though was Nerisei's first feat of magic, and as she explained, Dimitri couldn't help but smile at the idea of a young Nerisei trying to get in to a bottle of liquor That they were drinking. It was cute, and of course something most people would try. The story was cute up until the point Nerisei came out with the most unladylike of scenes for him to deal with. Burping was not something that was done in the society he was from, definitely not by the men, and certainly not by the ladies.

So, to be pushed with a story, that he knew would be comical in any one else's mind brought the softest, somewhat awkward smile in the young man.

"It's good to know you'd outgrown some old habits," he said in reference to the burping side. "But not quite all." He joked in reference to the drinking.

"Do you remember yours?"

"Mine... Dimitri mused, thinking about it for a moment. Then, a small smile touched his lips at the memory -- or rather the story he'd heard a couple of times. "I was two, I'd gotten some kind of flu. A strong strain of some magical flu -- not life threatening, but severe case of the sniffles. My mama used to always give me medicine mixed in to either my food, or a drink, so I wouldn't notice. Or, in the very least, it would be made to taste nice.

"St Mungos are not quite so forgiving with their care, and instead of waiting to speak with mama about my medicine needs, they fed me one of two mouthfuls of this grotesque medicine. Suffice to say the rest of the batch the Healer had ended on every surface of my room, and not in my mouth." Dimitri explained with a soft chuckle. "Mama insisted that the Healer was not very accepting of the 'if you'd only waited a short while, you'd have had the right means to do this'.

"It's not overly interesting, but I was only little, so, you know." Dimitri said, leaving it at that to see what Nerisei thought.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Once Nerisei finished explained what her father did for a living, and what exactly his profession was, she took some time to reconsider. Dimitri might be a Pureblood, but he wasn't dumb, and Nerisei knew well enough that Dimitri's curiosity exceeded the limits. Which meant that Dimitri probably knew what  neurosurgeon was and that Nerisei's explanation wasn't really needed. The quick kiss she received earned a small pout and a whine from the young witch who wanted more of him.

His next words proved that Dimitri indeed knew what a neurosurgeon was, and Nerisei felt slightly bad for thinking that he didn't. The male had proved over and over again that he was very, very intelligent --hence why he was sorted in Ravenclaw-- and that his knowledge over things was very extensive. He was, in sort, everything Nerisei was looking for. Intellectual conversations was something Nerisei enjoyed way too much, and Dimitri offered her that and even more.

"It's good to know you'd outgrown some old habits,"

The smile awkward smile that touched Dimitri's lips didn't go unnoticed. Nerisei already felt weird sharing embarrassing moments from her life, but Dimitri was making her feel even worse about it. Of course, in the world he lived in, such things were not acceptable by men, even more by women. But Nerisei, unlike all the ladies he had grown up with, was not a Princess. That didn't make her any less of a Lady, though. After all, she was but a baby. How could she know what was appropriate for a girl?

"Yes, well, I learned what's appropriate and what's not."

Next was his turn to tell the story of how he had shown signs of magic. Nerisei listened carefully, paying attention to every little detail and loving how the older Ravenclaw was opening up to her. Dimitri was not an open book, Nerisei knew that very well. Being a Pureblood, he probably found it hard to deal with the inconvenient Muggleborn girl, who went against everything he had grown up to know.

"It's not overly interesting, but I was only little, so, you know."

"You were adorable.." Nerisei admitted, leaning up to place a kiss on his lips. Pulling back slightly, Nerisei looked deeply into Dimitri's eyes, noticing for the first time what a deep dark brown color his eyes were. Noticing how... alluring he looked to her, even though he would never believe it. Fluttering her eyes closed, Nerisei crushed her lips on Dimitri's once again, deepening the kiss. She didn't want to go back home. She didn't want to leave Dimitri.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dimitri smiled softly at the admission he had been adorable. He'd been a child, children did not like medicine and often acted up when presented with the concoctions aimed to heal. To him, there was nothing out of the ordinary there, but as Nerisei's lips met his, he lost the will to argue, instead just savouring the moment because there was nothing he could say or do to make her see it in any other light. Not in that moment, at least.

As she pulled away, Dimitri was working through another question, something else to speak of, his eyes upon Nerisei as she looked back at him fondly. But just as he was about to say something else, she closed her eyes and her lips were upon his again, making attempts at conversation futile as he followed her lead.

Dimitri didn't pull away, either, safe in the knowledge they were alone, relaxed by the wine they'd drunk earlier that evening... no, this was comfortable. Which was why neither teen fell away from the kissing that turned in to deeper kisses, and tentatively passed in to a make out session upon the bed that had been made Nerisei's for the duration of her stay.

But, through some mutual knowledge of one another, it passed no further than that. The kisses didn't lead further, only dipping from faster and passionate back to soft and loving, and then somewhere in between for hours.

Dimitri couldn't have stayed up any longer if he'd tried, in truth, as they both slowly gave in to exhaustion, falling asleep atop the bed, wrapped in one another's arms, their lips more than a little swollen.

The morning time, though, Dimitri had woken up in his own bed.

Without Nerisei.

Somewhere in the early hours he'd woken beside the witch, and known he shouldn't have succumbed to staying with her the previous evening. He had known better than to sleep beside Nerisei, and still he'd let it happen. The Moreau heir had berated himself as he showered that morning, knowing that he'd taken a step forward in to a relationship that could never be.

And yet, no matter how many times he told himself this couldn't be, he found himself wanting more.

The house elves had been instructed to take Nerisei breakfast in bed that morning, and to let her know that he'd gone for a run -- this was not a lie, Dimitri had gone running before his shower -- and that he would meet her in the music room when she was ready to join him.

Which was where Dimitri sat, at the piano, trying to figure out the next part of his composition. A composition that had long since stopped from writing itself, and was growing increasingly frustrating for Dimitri. The piano was his release, and when it was not flowing freely... it was because he was struggling with a vast number of things in his head.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The second kiss had been more passionate than the former. Nerisei felt like she needed the closeness, as if Dimitri was the only thing that could keep her alive in that moment. And maybe, a part of her brain truly believed that, since the small kisses turned into a make out session that Nerisei enjoyed way more than she thought she would.

The couple was lost in the moment, neither of them thinking of whether this was wrong or right. Nerisei had never considered this wrong, but Dimitri was always the voice of reason, the one who pulled back and reminded them both that they shouldn't be doing this. That they had taken this too far, and that he didn't feel comfortable enough to do anything else. Of course, their kisses hadn't lead to anything more, since neither of the two were truly ready to take the next step yet, this, the intense make out session they were having, was a new step on its own. Maybe not a big one for Nerisei, but she knew it meant way more to Dimitri. He was letting go a bit more.

And she loved it.

Night found them in the same spot, since neither of them wanted to move. Nerisei was tired from the activities of the day and there was no way Dimitri didn't feel the same. The couple fell asleep in each other's embrace for the first time. Of course, there was that night in the Music Room, where it all began, but this wasn't the same. They were on a bed now, not on the floor. And their relationship had flourished into something beautiful. A name was yet to be given, though.

It was the best night Nerisei had, as she allowed herself to let go, thinking she would wake up to the sight of her love.

But that wasn't true.

When the morning came, Nerisei woke up alone, the side on which Dimitri had slept found empty. She wasn't sure when he had left, but the coldness of the sheets proved it had been a while. A sigh escaped the young witch's lips as she fell back into the mattress, staring at the ceiling. They were constantly taking one step forward and two backwards. But maybe it wasn't Dimitri's fault, after all. It was hers, because she was still hoping to be part of something she could never be. Part of his world.

The elves had come to her room before she had the chance to leave, informing her that Master Moreau had insisted on them serving her breakfast in bed today, and also that he would be waiting for her in the Music Room, whenever she felt ready. Neri had thanked the elves for everything and took her time with breakfast, not because she was hungry, no. But because she was thinking once again. And the more she was thinking, the worse she felt, because she knew that Dimitri would never truly be hers.

But how could she let him go?

Once she was done with breakfast, Nerisei dragged herself out of bed and towards the bathroom to have a quick morning shower. Nerisei wasn't the type of girl who spent years getting ready, she always estimated how much time everything would take. The witch used her wand to dry her soft curls, and then slipped into a pair of shorts and a shirt, something comfortable and simple. Dimitri would obviously judge her attire, but Nerisei wasn't really that stressed about it.

Leaving her room, it took the witch some time to figure out where she was and where she would have to go, but eventually, and after some help from a little elf, Nerisei found herself outside of the music room. Walking inside, a smile touched her lips as her eyes found Dimitri, who was currently sitting at the piano, looking.. troubled? "What's troubling your beautiful mind, my love?" Nerisei inquired, walking over to him and placing a soft kiss against his lips. "Good morning..."

Nerisei's Attire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)   The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Scottish Retreat (Nerisei)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next