Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Last Summer (Elenore)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Credit should be given where it was due, so Kevin had to give the witch hers. She caught on fast. And joined in with minimum fuss. In fact, now that he thought about it, she had been agreeing to more things lately with less fanfare as compared to when they'd first met and she had thought herself above the real world.

Her inclination to now join merely mortals like him in the act of living should have pleased him. Tuesday was slowly opening up and experiencing things instead of letting life live her, and yet the idea that she now thought herself on par with mere mortals did not sit well with her redhead. That was however, a road too dangerous to go down now. If Kevin allowed himself to contemplate why it mattered so much how the young woman saw herself, it would not lead anywhere good.

Instead the man focused on what she was doing, as it was clearly for his benefit. Her usually tiny elegant script intentionally enlarged on a piece of paper to indicate ehr distaste for American food. He chuckled softly as she folded the confession into a plane before tossing it away. "You just haven't had the right food yet, and you never will with that attitude," he chided playfully, reaching or his own.

"Okay now we do a proper one, no peeking," he warned as he took another paper from her generous pile and turned away from the witch. To demonstrate his own commitment tot eh task at hand, the man penned out a simple truth on the parchment.

"I think Tuesday is now my second favorite day of the week"

Carefully folding the paper into the shape of an airplane, the redhead called out without turning. "Are you done yet?" If she was, he would turn around to see her own plane formed. However should he be asked to wait, Kevin would do just that.

One both their planes were formed, the man walked over to stand beside her, angling his plane alongside hers so they would be launched at the same time. "Together then," he murmured, focused on his own flying projectile. "One, two..."

His gaze drifted to the witch for a split second before it returned to the plane. "Three."

And together, the two confessions flew off, presumably never to be seen again.

Come plot with me! <3
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:25 pm

The idea was helpful, even though Kevin obviously didn't value her opinion on the American food they had tried, it allowed her to feel just a little more weightless than before. Even if only by fine margins, it was helpful. The game didn't seem to be showing signs of slowing down, either, something Elenore was grateful for as Kevin insisted they do it again, but this time without looking at one another's pieces of papers.

Waiting for the man to act in the manner he stated, and sure the man wasn't looking, Elenore's eyes returned to her own piece of paper, pen poised just above the clear white paper below. Kevin didn't turn around, time seemed to stand still...

I wish someone found me to be good enough, without flaws, and appreciated me.

The cursive font formed in its usual fluid manner, normal sized, not rushed. The truthful statement upon the paper a stark contrast against the brilliant white of the paper, and almost too honest. More honest than anything Elenore had ever written down before, and terrifying to look at upon the paper.

"Are you done yet?"

"Un instant s'il vous plaît," Elenore replied, much too quickly and accidentally in French because she'd become much too flustered with the realism of the statement. Unknowingly, too, as she scrambled to fold the paper without thinking any more on the subject. Not quite so neat as her first few attempts, Elenore let Kevin know she was ready with the softest statement of 'ready' before he moved to her side. The witch's heartbeat had quickened, her grip on the piece of paper tighter than the hold of a boa constrictor should anyone try to take the paper from her hand.

Kevin didn't try, though, only insisting on them being thrown.

His countdown was careful, the witch waiting until the very last moment before her own plane followed Kevin's off the roof, making it five feet away from the edge before it took a nose dive downwards. Out of sight, but not out of mind.

That was it.

It was gone.

But this time Elenore didn't feel weightless like she had previously. This time... she felt a little bit uneasy. With herself, or the realisation, or the idea someone could find it, and read the confession aloud. All of it didn't seem to be quite so fulfilling now as the witch stepped closer to the edge of the roof, trying to find signs of the paper plane she'd let go, but unable to do so from this height.

"If someone found your confession... would it worry you?" Elenore asked, looking back to the man for some kind of confirmation that her own worry was valid in that moment. The vulnerability would likely be palpable, but Elenore was trying her best not to appear to be scared.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:26 pm

He watched her plane clear the rooftop, disappearing into the unknown, carrying the secrets within away. Tuesday however didn't seem so sure, trailing to the edge of the railing to make quite certain that it was gone. The man had t wonder what it was she had decided to confess to, that upon being found, would cause her so much strife. He didn't haven to wonder long.

"If someone found your confession... would it worry you?"

The redhead gave her statement some though, not having moved from his own position when she moved to follow the vanished plane. His many years had taught him how someoen pretending not be terrified looked like, and in that moment he only wanted her to stop feeling frightened.

"Well, even if they did, which is impossible because do you go around picking up littered papers of New York streets, it wouldn't worry me because there's no way to tell it's... my secret." Granted it wasn't the best explanation but it was the first one he could logically think of.

"One person's deepest, darkest secret is another person's... nothing I suppose. My confession would mean very little without any context or identifying features." His own had been vague enough to not make any sense to a random person on the street, as he was sure was hers.

"Do you want to make more planes? Or we could just talk?" There was more than enough paper to go around, and they were already litterers so might a swell. But the witch would dictate where they went from here. Kevin thought of himself as more of a guide in that instance, allowing ehr to see what it was she could and couldn't choose to do. And right now he only wanted her to know she could do whatever she wanted.

She could toss away more secrets, she could talk to him, she could laugh and plan and be herself.

Anything, as long as she didn't close off.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:26 pm

The explanation provided by the wizard had Elenore's eyes returning to the streets in search of the paper, wondering if anyone could trace the statement she'd written atop it. It was a worry with no merit, she knew that, but the possibility someone could know that she'd written it, no matter how small... Perhaps Kevin was right, her confession would mean nothing to anyone else, they couldn't understand it even if they sat down and listened to her explain it all completely.

Turning back from the street to the man, and leaving the edge of the building a good space away, Elenore took in his question of whether she would like to make more planes, or else just talk. The idea of making more planes with confessions that would scare her did not do very much to lure Elenore towards that option, but the option of talking...

That was a very open topic.

And if she presented such a topic, she would likely be told to make something up.

The witch had questions for Kevin, how could you not have questions for someone you barely knew? But the questions she had neglected to ask the older man always came with the caveat that you could be asked in return, and if you'd been given an answer, not supplying one of your own was often frowned upon. There were polite topics of conversation, ones usually used at formal events which could be instigated here, but Elenore didn't care for those kinds of conversation with Kevin.

Both options were, therefore, restricting to the witch as she moved back to the coat Kevin had put down and sat with her legs neatly tucked beside her.

"Where do you live in New York?" The witch asked, curiosity piquing in that moment. Kevin already knew where she lived, so this wouldn't end up in a trade off between the two of them, and it was like dipping a toe in the vast expanse of water that was the metaphorical divide between them. Granted, it wasn't the most interesting of topics, and could be answered in just a very short sentence, but it would denote her choice of talking, and hopefully the man had had a plan for conversation before suggesting it to her.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

When the witch selected the topic of conversation over fashioning more secret carrying paper planes, Kevin nodded. The redheaded waited a few minutes for her to make herself comfortable on the coat before joining her there, taking up a small corner for himself.

"Where do you live in New York?"

A grin appeared on the wizard's face, signifying his deep pride on his current place of residence. "Ground level property, Kid," he admitted proudly. "And five minutes walking distance from our campus. Not gonna lie, I really lucked out." The sentiment was sincere, he truly loved his accommodations. it reflected everything that was beautiful in this ugly, gritty, decomposing wreck of a city.

"And my doorman is quite the conversationalist, just two days ago he was telling me of the great government conspiracy of lacing the city's water supply to render all the people gay. You can't pay for a conversation that intuitive." Maurice truly was one of the most interesting people in the world to talk to, certainly more interesting than any of the professors that taught at Julliard.

"What about you? I mean, I know where you live bu why do you live there? Something about the building or area that caught your eye?" The question had been a banal one to begin with but as he asked, Kevin found himself genuinely interested to know her answer. Of course the area she dwelt in was upscale, her apartment as also probably pretty snazzy. But had she chosen it herself? Was she into the whole luxury living scheme? Did it really matter if she was?

The man had to remind himself that it wasn't his place to be disappointed if she was. Her preferences warranted no approval from anyone. Yet he liked to imagine there was some substance underlying her shallow, superficial exterior, the substance that allowed her to make such great music. Artistic core usually stemmed from pain and her music had never really been very cheerful.

Of course, the redhead didn't verbalize any of his thoughts as he waited patiently for her answer.

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

The smile upon Kevin's features when he spoke of the property he was residing in in New York was enough to bring the softest of smiles to Elenore's features. Something about the way he looked so happy about the place just... made her feel a little bit lighter, forgetful of the things she'd just written down as she listened to him talk.

"I assume you rent the building, whilst you're here in New York?" Elenore asked, it seemed to be the norm, from what Elenore had overheard when she had found herself close enough to other students from Julliard. Most of them were worrying over their accommodations for the next year, trying to secure the lease for the properties they wanted for their second year, many moaning at just how expensive New York was. The money they spoke of, though, never sounded overly significant. A few thousand dollars had been the most Elenore had heard of, in truth, which really didn't sound expense...

"Are you keeping your building for next year?" Elenore added politely, wondering what kind of position Kevin was in, or whether he was more like her, and had his place secured for... well, the property Elenore had been residing in had simply been added to the Clement Portfolio, so she figured it was safe until such time they no longer had a use for it, though truthfully Elenore had never enquired about the real estate owned by her family, and the movements that they made.

The idea of the water making the population 'gay', though, brought a thoroughly amused smile to Elenore's lips. Was the doorman serious in that line of conversation? Did he truly believe? The witch shook her head at the idea of water making people gay, not daring to speak on the topic that would make her grandmere's hair curl. No, talks of such things were not ladylike, and Elenore knew better than to partake.

The question of her own apartment made Elenore pause for a moment, though. Her decision hadn't really held much input from her. There were specifications given, and the shortlist drawn up, Elenore's eyes had simply found the beautiful piano overlooking the city in one of the pamphlets and not looked further. A light blush touched the witch's cheeks as she tried to work out how to admit to that...

"I..." The witch started, feeling her cheeks growing slightly warmer. "The brochure provided to me for my apartment had a beautiful image of a grand piano, sat in the middle of the room. Both of the outside walls boasted open views of the city, and other than the piano and the stool, the room was empty. It gave off the impression of freedom, like you could soar across the city as you played at the piano. You could look out far across the city as you played, take everything in as you tried to find your inspiration... and... upon seeing that, I didn't look further.

"Well, I didn't actually see any of it in real life. I just saw that one picture, and... decided." Elenore admitted, looking across to Kevin to see how he took that information. "My parents purchased the property shortly after. Well, their team of advisers did." She finalised, looking back out across the rooftops of the city.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:27 pm

"I assume you rent the building, whilst you're here in New York?"

"Actually no," the redhead replied somewhat smugly. "It's all mine, no one to pay rent to. Besides, we already contribute to the great economy of New York by living here and buying things here. Anymore and the city would be downright stealing from us." The conclusion was only half in jest, the man had his feelings about taxed incomes but now was neither the time nor the place to bring up political philosophy.

Instead he renewed his concentration on the young brunette, studying her features carefully as she spoke of seeing the picture of the piano and making her decision solely on that. As she nicotine to speak, more honestly than anything she had said to him thus far he believed, Kevin reached for the hidden flask in his back pocket, quietly bringing it to his lips and taking a sip, allowing her to continue.

She had come here.. for freedom. What kind of freedom had not been afforded to her back in France, the man could only imagine. But then again, he also wasn't surprised. Freedom meant different things to different people, and as much as he wanted to ask Tuesday if she had found hers, he knew it wasn't the right time.

"But you like it now that you're living there, piano and all?" he prompted gently, restoring the flask to his back pocket. All is questions about liking New York had yielded hollow, uninspiring answers. Perhaps asking after her living situation would yield better results? "Piano and all?"

His own instrument of choice, most recently a phone with a hundred different filters and camera accessories, was easily stored on his person. He could live anywhere with that by hid side. Her instrument needed space, her art needed space to grow.

Now if only she understood how to take that space as rightfully hers. "Because if you don't like it, you can move. You can take the piano with you. You can change anything in your life that doesn't make you happy."

The words were quietly spoken as he gazed up at the slowly sinking sun. Perhaps the most sincere dash of beauty in the city, untainted by the steel and grit. New York's sunset at the very least could be inspiring. Removing his phone from another pocket, the man aimed it at the setting halo of yellow and pink.

Clicking several times, he  then turned the contraption over to Tuesday. "May I?" he asked before snapping a picture just a mere second before the witch was ready, catching her in the process of trying to summon the courteous smile she wore as a mask upon her face but not quite there yet.

Turning the screen towards her, he showed her the results, her own hesitant features in a half smile framed by the sunset. "See, perfect."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:27 pm

The news that Kevin was not paying rent was... surprising. Nothing about the man spoke of great wealth, but then, he was at Julliards. Still, the young witch had not put him down to being from a family of enough wealth to buy property in New York. No, Kevin always came across as a man from a less fortunate background...

But then, wasn't everybody when you compared them to her own background?

Realising she'd been somewhat wrong on that, Elenore simply gave the man a small smile at the comment on being robbed by the city, but didn't contribute further.

"But you like it now that you're living there, piano and all?"

Elenore's gaze remained out across the city as a wry smile touched her lips. "Non," she answered simply, almost too softly so it could be lost in the soft noises coming from the street below. For a moment, it would look like no further comment was coming from the witch, for a moment the witch didn't believe it the best route to carry on forth with the honesty of the opinion in her mind. But, after contemplating the notion for a few moments longer, Elenore spoke again.

"I didn't find the freedom I'd expected to find here." She explained, still not looking to Kevin as she did so because she doubted he would understand anyway. "I found isolation instead. New York was supposed to bring forth with it new opportunities away from... new opportunities to make friends, explore..."

But it was clear the witch was stuck on the notion of what freedom was. What she was actually looking for past the blind state of running away from her home in France in search of something better, to hurt her Maman. None of that had worked out, though, instead of hurting her Maman, she'd hurt herself, and the city was as unforgiving as it was ugly. "My piano is my only comfort here, and..."

The idea of telling Kevin that he was her only other comfort died almost as soon as it had been thought, the witch finding herself truly horrified at the notion of finding comfort in a man of no status. The unfinished sentence remained that, but the truth hung between the two of them like a beacon, and Elenore could not take that back.

Kevin continued on with the notion of taking her piano wherever she liked, and the younger witch simply laughed softly, shaking her head at him. "It's not that easy," she told him softly, but once more, she did not elaborate, the man would not understand.

Not that it mattered, Kevin had grown bored by that point, withdrawing the Muggle contraption everyone seemed to own. Pointing it to the sky, the man took what Elenore knew to be pictures with the camera that was inserted in the device. The sunset was captured on the small screen, but the beauty of the picture would not be quite as beautiful as the reality.

"May I?"

The question came before Elenore truly registered what was happening, and the sound of the picture being taken went off a second later. Elenore's features had most certainly not been sculpted in to an acceptable state, likely the remnants of her laugh showed too much of a dimple in her cheek, too much vibrancy in her eyes, her shoulders too relaxed...

"See, perfect."

As Kevin turned the phone, Elenore quickly shook her head, barely looking at the awful picture he'd taken when she wasn't ready for him to do so. "Please delete that, Kevin!" The witch insisted, not wishing for him to keep pictures of her looking so... "Please, I don't want people to see me like... that." She tried to explain, though it fell short. The witch would not relax until he did so, either, because Elenore did not wish for any photos of her to be kept without her permission, the idea was most terrifying, but surely Kevin wouldn't do something so... invasive, would he?

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

"I didn't find the freedom I'd expected to find here."

Kevin nodded, still not looking directly at her in case his inquisitive eyes impeded her progress. He knew her in that moment, perhaps better than she knew herself. She was just a kid in love with the idea of freedom rather than then understanding the reality of it. She had probably thought things wold fall into place when she arrived in New York, only to discover life didn't work that way. Tuesday hand't found her freedom because she had one absolutely nothing to take it thus far. Own it as ehr own.

And now it had somehow become his job to do that for her, something the man had not signed up for when deciding to attend Julliard but something he know couldn't picture himself not doing for her.  

"My piano is my only comfort here, and..."

It was when she stopped that Kevin knew they were in trouble. Hurriedly averting his gaze from her, the man mumbled "You really need to get out more." The sentiment, no matter what cosmetic purpose it served in the moment, was true regardless. She really did need to go out more. All those opportunities the witch had listed, they were all there, just within reach if she would only extend her hands out a little bit.

"You know, I know a shortcut to all those things. Making friends, exploring, going on adventures. I could show you if you like, say tomorrow eight o clock?" The idea was not a new one, he had eventually intended to take her there, but now that Tuesday had presented an opportunity sooner than expected, it would be a shame not to utilize it.

"Unless you're scared of course."

The redhead waited, waited for a reaction he knew would come. The only reaction he didn't anticipate was that of seeing the picture he took of her. The brunette looked terrified at what she saw, something Kevin couldn't even begin to comprehend. But just to placate her, he nodded.

"Chill Tuesday, here, look I'm deleting it," he explained, deliberately slowly moving his thumb to the delete icon and then clicking "ok" to show the process had been completed. Hopefully that aught to put her to rest. "It's a shame though, that was a really beautiful shot, but I'm sure there will be more."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:28 pm

"A shortcut?" Elenore asked of the man, curiosity touching her features as she tried to work out how he could possibly make that work by tomorrow at eight o'clock. The witch had tried, upon her arrival in New York, to make friends, but the witch had been rebuffed by those she'd approached. She doubted Kevin could make people like her, no matter how hard he tried, because people here were just... not quite the right people to reach out to for the youngest Clement.

The jibe that followed, though, made Elenore feel a little bit... well, mocked, the witch would summarise. She wasn't scared, and though Kevin looked to be joking, the witch didn't like the teasing nature of that question. Was she scared? Of course she was, everything about this country was unsettling, and the mere thought of having people reject her once more was not something she wanted to go through.

So the witch didn't respond.

"There won't be more," Elenore corrected the man in respect of the pictures. The witch didn't want her photo taken without her knowledge, or without her consent. The idea of not being ready for a picture and that being held by someone else... Not here in America, the witch didn't feel like that would be a good thing to have held against her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Summer (Elenore)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next