Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
The Last Summer (Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Last Summer (Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Last Summer (Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Last Summer (Elenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Last Summer (Elenore) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Last Summer (Elenore)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

Job/hobbies : Internationally acclaimed photographer

The Last Summer (Elenore) Empty
PostSubject: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Things had gotten marginally better since their Hot Dog tryst at the Julliard Academy of Dramatic Arts' Parking Lot.

Having agreed to meet and brainstorm at the cafe conveniently located near her apartment biding, Kevin and Tuesday had now made it a habit to meet every few days. The girl had unfortunately been right, she really was the kind who did all her homework and then some, making him groan inwardly as they sat down. On their first meeting, Tuesday had brought along an entire binder of New York related songs with tunes highlighted to capitalize on certain emotions. Joy, nostalgia, sorrow, yearning, she had not only picked them all out but had also manged to alphabetize them in order.

She really needed friends.

The man had kept good on his promise too, trying to take her across iconic places in the city so that she would get a better sense of it. So far they had visited a Blues Bar, the Rockefeller Center, they'd taken a ferry to Long Island and back and next up on their list was Chinatown. It was hard to judge if any of their trips were inspiring her. The people, the food, the history, she took it all in (some more tentatively than others) but he never saw that spark of inspiration in Tuesday's eyes.

More worriedly, he never saw any genuine happiness in them either.

The young witch didn't help the case any whenever they sat down to speak of her journey to New York and her initial feelings upon settling into the city. When she spoke, her words were perfectly calculated, painfully artificial. It as as if she was giving the summary of a song rather than talking about how she felt and after a few raised eyebrows the first couple times, Kevin let her lie. Eventually she would get tired of pretending, he hoped. And then it would all come out. A month later nothing of the sort had happened but the redhead held out hope for a miracle.

Which was not only driving him to frustration but seriously hampering their creative process. Music and the arts were about honesty, and Kevin wasn't even sure if this girl had ever been honest with herself. As a result, he couldn't possibly compose anything from teh artificial information he was receiving from his partner. The piles of scribbled versus  on his notepad grew, nothing even coming close to capturing what he wanted. And she was clearly not cooperating.

Which mean they only had one option. picking up a napkin from its holder on their usual coffee table, the redhead scribbled a quick note. they were supposed to met here an hour later but he had arrived early as usual. Only just to watch her biding, he kept telling himself. Nothing else. Heading over the the blonde cashier who had seen him and Tuesday together enough times to casually inquire if she was his girlfriend before surreptitiously passing her number to him with a receipt, he handed the napkin to her with a charming smile.

The cashier would pass that napkin along to Tuesday, telling her where to met him. Perhaps the open air would be more conducive to honest conversation? And if not, at least he would get some nice rooftop shots with a new app on his phone. Filters were a remarkable thing, he had discovered.

The address he had left for the young musician wasn't anywhere spectacular. It was a normal apartment building in the Bronx with a doorman who didn't pay as much attention to people entering the biding as he should. Clearly a high end apartment by no means, it was regardless an old building with old charm. Kevin usually entered through the front door and headed straight for the fire escape, climbing right up to the chilly roof and basking in the busing's greatest asset - a 360 degree view of the New York skyline.

It was magical in its own way, and more magical than most things a wand could produce. Perhaps he could get Tuesday to see that too? Maybe she could lie to him, and herself. But it would be much harder to lie to the view all around them.

Spreading his large overcoat on the stone floor in place of a blanket, he redhead sat down, waiting for his date of the nigh to arrive.

Come plot with me! <3
The Last Summer (Elenore) Rsz_rs12
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:22 pm

The work that had to be done from their initial discussion over the terrible food in the parking lot had been enough for Elenore to lose herself in endless hours of research on songs that sounded truly terrible to the ear. Especially those of the more recent era that did little to invoke the kinds of feelings Elenore associated with the city she now found herself in. The research was a must, though, which was precisely why Elenore had submerged herself in the work, coming up with every song she could lay her hands on that related to the city and analysing it in depth.

This analysis was supplemented by Kevin's tour of the city, which, again, did little to inspire Elenore for their project. No matter how much they saw, Elenore didn't really feel... anything towards the monuments she was shown. The architecture was so modern, and so hideous, how anyone found this place to be inspiring, she would never know.

Throughout it all, Kevin had been constant, though, taking on each of her replies to the questions of how this all made her feel with good grace. The idea of being excited and enjoying the city had been Elenore's outward display to the male, even as she internally questioned everything that others found 'interesting'. To her knowledge, he was buying it, and as he worked through the melody for their song, Elenore had composed a couple of outlines for the tune that they could set it to. It wasn't, so far, overly complicated in nature, because the witch simply could not find the muse to make the piece work as she had when she had been back at the Palace and given a random subject matter to play towards.

Frustrating was the largest of understatements in the world at this point.

The two of them kept working, though, knowing they would get there eventually, and as days turned in to weeks, and weeks in to a month, Elenore found herself slowly looking forward to each meeting more and more. Not for the composition they were working on, but because she got to spend time with someone, outside of her apartment, and... Kevin had a knack for making her feel like she was interesting, even for a couple of hours at a time.

Until, of course, he inevitably called her Tuesday.

His third favourite day.

The excitement had built since lunch time that day, making Elenore clock watch as the evening with Kevin drew closer. By the time the hour drew to their slot at the cafe, Elenore felt a lot lighter in herself. This was, naturally, hidden in a demure mask of professionalism and ladylike courtesies as she crossed the road to the cafe, almost afraid of looking over eager as she entered the cafe. Not that she would have needed to worry, because the redhead she was due to be meeting was not there.

"Excuse me," the waitress spoke in her direction, and it took Elenore a moment to realise she was being spoken to directly. Normally she left Kevin to deal with the waitress, but with Kevin not already in attendance like she normally was, Elenore was forced to acknowledge the girl. "Your friend left this for you," the girl explained, handing Elenore a napkin. Almost taken aback, Elenore took the all but fresh napkin carefully, before noting Kevin's handwriting and the instructions to meet him elsewhere.

Brow furrowing ever so slightly, Elenore looked back to the woman who'd given her the napkin.

"Excuse me, but do you know where this is?" Elenore asked the woman, who looked at the address with mild curiosity.

"You'll need a cab." Was all Elenore was gifted with, and after waiting a moment longer for more information, Elenore turned back to the street. A normal person would likely have heeded such advice, but Elenore crossed the street back to her apartment and to the reception. Her driver was called, and not five minutes later, the witch was on route to the address she'd been provided. If the driver knew the area, he did not let on, and only as the man pulled up on the sidewalk before an older building and hurriedly moved to open the door for her did Elenore look up.

This part of town had a little bit of a rough edge about it, something that made Elenore look up and down the street for a moment before checking the address with the driver. When he nodded to affirm this was the place, Elenore moved forth to the building and the doorman who barely gave her a second look before pointing her to the stair well. As per Kevin's note, Elenore made her way to the roof, careful not to let her eyes linger too long on any of the building in case she was caught where she believed she was not really allowed to be.

The rooftop came in to being shortly after, the heat of the day quite clear up here, and there, in the middle of the roof was Kevin, waiting for her atop his coat that he'd laid down like a blanket.

"Bonjour," the witch greeted softly as she made her way across to him, her eyes taking in the lacklustre finish of the rooftop with it's aerials pointing up to the sky, and mismatched potted plants that looked like they hadn't seen water in quite a while.

"You couldn't have waited for me?" Elenore asked, her eyes scanning across to the edge of the building and then beyond. You could see quite far across the city from here, but the witch was still highly underwhelmed by it all.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
The Last Summer (Elenore) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:22 pm

"You couldn't have waited for me?"

A small grin lit up the man's face at the sound of her voice. Despite her complaint turned greeting, she had shown up. Like he figured she would. Tuesday was both mysterious and predictable all in one. Or maybe he was just too used to watching her? Either way, the redhead was not going to pass comment on that.

"I could have, but I wanted to demonstrated my faith in you," he replied, getting up off the overcoat and taking her in under soft sunlight. It was just past three thirty and the worst of the city heat was over. "Of course, you did cheat so I don't know how much credit you deserve," he joked, gesturing to the very visible town car parked towards one side of the building. "Don't you ever get tired of the entourage? When I was your age, I could't stand to be followed anywhere."

The last part had slipped out unintentionally. He hand't meant tor reveal something about his childhood, or his teen years. But that happened worryingly often around the French brunette. Kevin found himself saying odd things at odd moment and then kicking himself for it later.

"Anyway, I thought we might taken a break from the usual sightseeing so i could show you one of my favorite laces in New York," he continued, holding out his arms and than making a sweeping motion across the roof. "Welcome, to my sacred place. other than my home of course, but I don't think you're quite ready to see that yet." And hopefully she never would be.

"Feast your eyes Tuesday, on the most magical place in the Bronx. This is the best view you'll find anywhere in the city, perfect for thrown paper planes at."  Another cheeky grinned followed the notion. He was almost a hundred percent sure she did not know how to make paper planes, but she would after today.

"So whadaya think?"

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

The witch wasn't sure how to take the comment of his faith in her turning up. The idea of being predictable to the boy felt both nice... and yet she didn't want that all in the same time. The faith in her would denote something akin to companionship that the witch wasn't sure how to deal with, and so, instead of thinking too long on that point, she concentrated on the next of Kevin's point as he motioned down to her car in the street.

And the insight he provided to his own life.

Did she like the entourage? Truthfully, the witch had never considered it as she looked down on the clearly out of place vehicle sat down in the street below, the driver sat waiting patiently for her return, or to be dismissed entirely. The safety blanket of knowing she only had to click her fingers and the man would be there was something she had always taken for granted until now. "I'm not being followed," Elenore settled on a moment later, turning her gaze away from the car and back to the man atop the roof with her. "He is merely a man tasked with taking me wherever I want to go and turning up as required."

Even Elenore had to admit, though, that explanation was uninspiring.

Both of them knew that the man would know where she was at all times. That was how she always had a car on hand at any given situation. Elenore did not wish to admit as much, though, so the lie would remain out in the open because thinking of the alternative in this situation was not something she wished to do.

"Who followed you?" Elenore asked, not allowing Kevin's own comment to go without following up on it in turn. Surely Kevin couldn't have anything akin to the kind of people Elenore had around her, he... didn't fit that kind of role in her mind. He was just Kevin, nothing overly remarkable to the world, but someone she wouldn't find herself without since the transition to New York.

Kevin was quickly moving on, though, throwing his arms out to the city as a whole. The overly flamboyant action brought a soft smile to her features in that moment as she watched him talk about the city as if it was one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Shaking her head in mild amusement at him, Elenore forced her eyes away from the man and instead back to the city as a whole.

What did she think?

When faced with the horribly plain architecture of America when one had been raised in the Palace of Versailles, the landscape before the youngest Clement in that moment, was nothing short of unimpressive. The buildings all too similarly built, all so bland in colour, with so little character in them it almost hurt to look upon the expanse. But Kevin had spoken so fondly of it, as if this was where he would call his home, and the witch found herself clinging to the same kind of words as she always did.

"I think it has a modern beauty to it," Elenore replied softly, her words not sinking in to any kind of emotion like Kevin's had only moments before. "A... raw energy." The witch attempted again, but her words were running out to describe something she didn't like in a positive manner. But Elenore tried one more time.

"It definitely captures New York as a whole." The witch finalised, her eyes drifting off to the farther off buildings of the business hub of New York, lit up to show their modern, grotesque architecture to the world like shining beacons by the afternoon sun.

This city had not ignited anything in the witch, it had been as disappointing to her as the freedom from her parents had been.

There was no turning back now.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

"Who followed you?"

For a moment, Kevin stared at her, his dark brown eyes boring into her own before a mischievous smugness took over his features. 'Girls," he finally admitted. 'So. Many. Girls. Oh Tuesday, you wouldn't believe the number of girls that used to follow me everywhere, not even if I gave you an exact number." Satisfied with his own joke, he steered the conversation back to the matter at hand.

As she studied the view, the redhead took the opportunity to study her. Her unimpressed eyes and her smooth, expressionless brow. Had she learned to do that growing up or was the painfully politician exterior a hereditary asset? Disappointment snaked through his being as she spoke up once more in a tone as artificial as anything she had described up until now.

Clearly, this was going to be harder than he'd initially thought it would be.

"Thank you," he replied equally politely before gesturing for her to sit down on his coat laid out against the hot stone floor. "But as beautiful as this view is, it doesn't inspire me right now," he confessed, taking a seat opposite her and withdrawing his small notebook from his pocket. "And I've found when that happens, it's best to try a fresh start."

Ripping the first page of lyrics he'd tried to compose from her account of her arrival in in the Big Apple, Kevin laid out down neatly between them. Then, going slowly, he showed her how to fashion the piece of paper into a plane.

"The idea is to make the corners sharp," he insisted as he demonstrated, soothing the edges with his long, dexterous fingers. A press of a palm, a sharp tug at a right angle and the plane stood to attention on its own. "The more aerodynamic is it, the further it will fly."

As if to demonstrate his point, the man picked up the lyric covered plane and aimed it towards the edge of the roof. Not moving from his place, he held up his arm at a right angle, than readied it as if he was a baseball player lining up a pitch. Which sped and accurate, he launched the tiny paper vessel off into the air where it shot straight towards the lip of the railing and disappeared over it.

"See, now its gone forever. Do you want to give it a try, I'll help you with the first one but then you're on your own kiddo."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm

The answer to her question came in that of a joke, Elenore shook her head with a polite smile at the man's antics. He was hiding the truth from her, she could work that much out, but truthfully she couldn't pinpoint what might have been following the boy around. Whatever it was, though, Kevin did not wish to share, and Elenore did not press him for more information. They had that kind of understanding thus far, and Elenore was not going to be the one who broke that tradition.

As they turned away from the landscape of the city, and back to their rooftop, Elenore hesitated for a moment when he gestured to take the seat upon his coat. Kevin had already denoted that this wasn't his home with his previous explanations, which meant... Elenore wasn't sure they should be up here. But if the man was comfortable enough with their current location... The witch moved carefully to deposit herself upon the man's coat, barely taking up half the space as she sat with he legs neatly tucked under herself.

Kevin's hands were already making light work of the paper from his notebook as he spoke of not having any inspiration at the moment, turning the paper in to the familiar vessel of a paper aeroplane. Elenore had never made one herself, but at Hogwarts there had been plenty of times where boys in the class had grown bored of one teacher or another, made a paper aeroplane, enchanted it, and sent the class in to a ruckus because the teacher was trying very hard to stop the rest of the class from joining in.

In mere moments, the plane had taken full form between them, Kevin going only just slow enough for her to capture each fold he put in place before he lifted it above his head and tossed it off the edge of the building -- quite the feat, Elenore noted, given they were not too close to the edge of the building -- and nose dived down to the street below.

"Do you want to give it a try, I'll help you with the first one but then you're on your own kiddo."

"I'm not a kid," Elenore replied automatically once more to Kevin's ongoing amusement of calling her such things. Reaching forth to the notepad between them, Elenore took out the second page and set to work in the same manner Kevin had showed her to make the plane. Much slower, of course, she was a novice. That said, the youngest Clement carefully crafted the plane, the folds much neater than Kevin's had been due to the added care she took in her work than he did.

As the witch lifted it up for his observation, a small smile touched her lips as he looked somewhat impressed with the craftmanship. If only marginally. "Are you sure you don't mind me throwing it away 'forever'?" Elenore asked, only to have Kevin agree a moment later. Following the instructions, Elenore raised her hand in much the same manner Kevin had, but instead of forcefully throwing the plane towards the edge of the building, Elenore waited for the light breeze.

Lofting the plane gently in to the breeze, the plane caught for just long enough to reach the edge of the building, before it beautifully swan dived off the edge of the building and out of sight. Beginners luck, she was sure, but the plane had made it off the roof, as was intended.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:23 pm

For a moment, he'd been worried that Tuesday wouldn't want to play the game. That she would dismiss it and he would have to work even harder for her to cooperate. Thankfully though she took to the little exercise with almost no questions, instead hanging on to the slight challenge his tone had intentionally provided. She worked a lot slower than he had, but the redhead didn't mind. It gave him the opportunity to observe her undisturbed. The way she molded the paper in her fingers, the care with which she soothed out the edges, it looked more like origami than merely making planes. She only needed to look up at him to silently confirm a fold once or twice but at the end, she had something well worth submitting into the race.

"Okay, now make sure to really sue some force," the wizard insisted as she daintily lifted her paper vehicle in the air. Tuesday ignored is advice completely, focusing more on her trajectory and waiting for the right gust of wind to aid her little plane on its journey.

Kevin let out a low appreciative whistle as her plane cleared the roof, disappearing "forever" over the lip of the railing. Now they were talking.

"Okay, you clearly don't need any more pointers. But... You do need your own paper. My notebook is mine to throw away, you need to get out that binder of yours." For even though he had yet to see the bulky, obnoxious thing, he was sure she had brought it along. It just wouldn't be her if she didn't come extra prepared.

"Now go through your binder, and pick out the sheet of paper you like the least, that you'd love to see gone forever. Make an air plane out of it and we race okay?" Once again, he reached for his own notebook, ripping out another page about the false beauty of the city they were currently literally littering with their thoughts. "There, I find this stupid and pretentious, it deserves to go away forever," he indicated, once again laying the paper down between them and repeating the process.

Once the redhead was done, he looked over to his companion. "Ready, or do you need a minute or two?"

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Kevin's appreciation of her plane was enough to bring forth something of a swell of pride in the witch. Not overly noticeable, but perhaps the slight easing of her shoulders as she took on the minor amount of praise she'd been gifted from the man. The untrained eye would never see it, Merlin know Elenore had not felt herself doing so, but it had happened, and it couldn't be taken back.

At the idea of using her own binder of papers to make the next plane, Elenore faltered. The work she'd put in to the folder full of information on songs about New York had taken hours to prepare. Even longer to put in to order, and much more time than she cared to express to neatly colour code with recurring themes and ideas about the city. Then there were the pieces of music she'd written in a half-hearted attempt to actually do something worthwhile for the project, sat neatly at the front in order of her own preference, but none that she would show to others.

The idea of tossing any of that work away made the witch uncomfortable as she reached for her purse, extracting the folder she'd magicked smaller for ease. Setting it down on the rooftop, Elenore considered for a moment. Her hesitation not being missed by Kevin, he encouraged her to pick something, and the witch opened the folder up, sifting through the papers until she found a song she abhorred.

Empire State of Mind.

The song was of a genre Elenore completely disliked. It was a song that she could not get behind because she did not understand how anyone could connect to this song about a concrete jungle. The highlighted piece of paper would attest to Elenore's work in trying to understand the song, falling short, and writing notes that meant very little to anyone. But, again, the witch hesitated.

"Ready, or do you need a minute or two?"

"No, no, I've got one." Elenore replied quickly, her hands working as quickly as they could with this new form of artwork that Kevin had introduced her to. Unlike Kevin's paper, her own was not quite so easy to manipulate in to shape due to the quality being much higher, but after a few moments, Elenore's plane was ready.

Kevin counted them down to launch, and as they both let go of their planes, Elenore felt a weight lift as she freed herself from a weight she hadn't known she was carrying. Unlike her first attempt, though, the second plane crashed against the top of the building, not making its way past the ledge in one go as Kevin's had, but the soft breeze picked it up, allowing it to nose dive off the edge of the building and be lost forever from her.

The races continued from there, Elenore taking her time to pick out the songs she hadn't understood the meaning of, or dislike the tune of. Each time they had varying success as they dove off the roof, chasing Kevin's down to the street below, until finally Elenore had found the courage to pick one of the pieces she'd written. Her least favourite pieces that was much too simplistic for a song she had written, almost mockingly so.

It had been the only race Elenore had won during this activity, mostly because the witch had actually thrown that piece with a lot more enthusiasm than any other piece of paper she'd chosen before hand. Ridding yourself of things that weighed you down really was helpful, in a manner Elenore would never have appreciated had she not been sat on the roof with the man beside her in that moment.

"I think this is the most fun I've had in New York," Elenore spoke aloud before she realised what she'd said, the next plane dipping off the edge of the building not a moment too soon. The French witch hadn't even realised she'd spoken, truthfully, her thoughts running free like the work they'd just tossed off the side of the building.

Kevin had offered her a way to relax, and there was no denying Elenore was taking him up on it in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Kenneth Harrington
Adult
Adult
Kenneth Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:24 pm

As the races began in earnest, Kevin could feel rather than see Tuesday easing into the whole process. The first page she had chosen from her binder had taken upwards of five minutes to select but by their fourth round, she barely had to look to extract things she wanted to get rid of.

Where had this girl been the last six months?

Had she simply never been presented with an option to get rid of things she disliked? Or was she raised with the idea of duty in holding on to things that didn't serve a purpose in any way? On their fifth round, as she admitted this was the most fun she'd had in New York, Kevin finally felt the warm satisfaction of honestly he'd been searching in her all this time. or once in all heir time together, the French witch was telling nothing but the unfiltered truth.

And he liked it a lot more than she should have.

The sun had sunk lower in the sky while they flew their paper vessels, lighting the rooftop in dull yellows and the beginnings of pink hinting at a sunset still somewhat further away. They had time, they could go on.

"Okay, I'm running out of things I want to get rid of in this notebook," he confessed after their seventh round. putting the book safely back into his pocket. "But, there is another way, an equally fun one, to play this game." With that, the man produced a sheaf of completely blank papers from the confines of his pocket, all good for scribbling and all easy to fashion into planes of similar quality.

"May I? he asked, reaching over to pick up a spare pen from the brunette's abundant collection of stationary. They could pen a shop with the amount of highlighters and page markers she carried around. But for once her over preparedness was being put to good use.

"You just write something you want to get rid off forever, fold it into a plane, and poof, its gone." To demonstrate he inked the purple words on paper, big enough for Tuesday to read.

"I hate sitting in Mrs. Reonalds' class, I think she knows squat about stage direction."

Then, carefully, he folded the words away into another paper plane and launched it towards the edge of the building. Unfortunately, a gust of wind working in direct opposition to his efforts blew the plane backwards but it was not in vain. The plane instead flew off the ledge behind them, disappearing forever.

"You can write whatever you want, and watch it go away. And no one will ever know it's from you."

Come plot with me! <3
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:24 pm

With the admission that Kevin was running out of things to throw away, Elenore looked guiltily at the large stack of papers still enclosed in her folder from the work she'd done. Given the choice, she would have thrown all of it, each of those papers had little to no worth upon them. Getting rid of all of them, though, would mean she had nothing left of her work that had taken hours, and as much as getting rid of it would be fun, it would also be a complete waste.

Kevin was right, they'd thrown enough, and they didn't have to overdo a good thing.

Except, they weren't going to give up on this small escapade. No, instead Kevin brought out a new wad of papers for them to work with, but this time he changed the rules. This time, they would write down something they did not like, wanted to be free of, and then throw that away for good.

As the wizard took up one of her pens, Elenore watched him at work, easily reading the words that had become almost too familiar now in the man's handwriting. The example he provided was one that Elenore knew shouldn't make her smile, but she couldn't help it. Only knowing of Mrs Reonalds by name, Elenore's opinion was not fully formed, but the sentiment Kevin's professor did not know what she was doing was most certainly absurd. They were attending Julliards for Merlin's sake, this school did not bring in lacklustre professors.

Watching Kevin's throw fail in the direction he'd set out made Elenore raise an eyebrow, but it tumbled through the air and off the otherside of the building in a dismal show of rebellion that hadn't been meant, she was sure of that much.

"You can write whatever you want, and watch it go away. And no one will ever know it's from you."

"Anything?" Elenore asked, waiting for confirmation of that point before she looked off across the city in thought. There were many things that came to mind, truth be told, many things she wished weren't a part of her life. But thinking them, and putting them to paper were two completely different ideas, and Elenore was not going to play her cards out so easily before Kevin's eyes.

Taking up the gold pen, Elenore drew a piece of paper towards her, and contemplated for another moment, before settling on one.

Even though he means well, I dislike how Kevin keeps making me try greasy American 'delicacies'.

Elenore had hesitated before writing 'dislike', 'hate' seemed much too powerful for the feelings she had for this pastime Kevin seemed to enjoy. Perhaps seeing her write this down would make the man reconsider his antics in the future.

Folding the paper carefully as Kevin had, Elenore turned carefully, and threw the smaller plane off the side of the roof Kevin's plane had been poorly swept away to, feeling it best that they would send their dislikes of the world the same way.

"I really do, dislike American food." Elenore confided in the man, turning her attention back to him so that he could see that she meant it, and wasn't just writing it down for the sake of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Summer (Elenore)   The Last Summer (Elenore) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Summer (Elenore)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next