Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

Birthday : 2004-08-04

Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Empty
PostSubject: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 1:44 pm

The twenty-four-year-old red-haired woman was settled beside her broom on the ground, the slightly charm-warmed pitch holding back the biting cold wind that was no doubt blowing. There were a handful of brooms set around her, some looking newer then the rest; these ones had been purchased by Josie herself when she had been given the okay to come to Hogwarts and give a few lessons on flying. While they were not top-of-the-shelf brooms they would do for what needed to be done.

She knew that Azalea had gone out of her way to speak up for her so she wanted to give back at least as much effort as the other woman had given. She knew that the pictures could've ended any chance of her being given the okay to do lessons on flying and give the little kiddies a chance to learn what Professional Quidditch was all about.

As soon as students started arriving, she stood up and stared as they all picked their brooms - she could tell a lot from which student picked which broom. Those who had Quidditch skills under their belts went for the newer Firebolt models while those who didn't chose the Cleansweepers.

"Good Morning everyone!"  She clapped her hands, a wide smile on her face as the teens turned towards her, some of them whispering behind their hands to their neighbours while pointing to her, the boys leering at her while some of the girls gave her sympathetic stares, something that amused her though an annoyed look fell over her face. "Yes, I am the one in the pictures. No, I will not be answering any questions. If that is the only reason as to why you are here, please leave." She didn't even wait to see if anyone was leaving before another smile lit her lips. "Now then, welcome to your first flying lesson of the year. I know that most of you probably know how to fly a broom but for those that don't, we are going to be going over the basics at first, to see how the more capable of you know the proper ways of flying brooms."

She walked down the middle of the two rows, smiling gently at the students who were trembling as they stood beside their brooms. "Now, I was a teenager myself and I know that we, as a collective, never flew our brooms properly, no matter how many times we were told off. So, I'd like for you to step up beside your broom, take a deep breath, close your eyes and calmly say 'Up!'. Now you should have felt your broom jump into your hand and for those that didn't, don't worry, I'll come round and help."

Brown eyes watched as most of the brooms flew into the student's hands, a gentle smile on her face. "For those that have their brooms already in hand, I'd like you to mount your broom and sit down. And when I say mount and sit down, I mean sit straddling the broom and not side-saddle like some of you would no doubt want to do. That is just asking for injuries and I do not wish to drag any of you to the hospital wing. You are free to kick off the ground and start a gentle fly around the grounds, no more than a couple of feet off the ground though, at least until I get the others sorted. I am not above going to Azalea and asking for points to be taken and detentions to be given." She gave them all a warning look, letting them stew in silence before clapping her hands.

"Go on, get into the air." She watched as they all started ascending before she casually said in a fairly loud voice as she helped the few students that hadn't been relaxed enough to have their brooms jump into their hands. "Oh and I forgot to say, if you all behave we will have a mock Quidditch session and the team that wins or the student or students that show promise will get a little prize from me." The tickets for the Hollyhead Harpies finals were tucked away in her pocket and even though she alluded that only the winners would get the prize, she had enough tickets to go around and still have some spares. It paid off to be the star chaser for the Harpies.  

Chaser for Holyhead Harpies || 23 || Single || Profile
Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) S1BczGA
The beautiful avatar and signature had been made by Lola @TDA.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

Birthday : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:23 pm

Nikolai, in his own very humble and unbiased opinion, did not need Quidditch lessons. The Head Boy had heard exactly who would be teaching the flying class that day and had been very interested in seeing the witch whom he'd managed to sleep with over the summer holidays. The idea that facing Josie LeBlanc face to face in a school setting had not, in the slightest, occurred to the boy.

But unlike most of the students who'd gone along to the class, Nikolai had not gone down to the Quidditch Pitch to take part. Instead, he'd taken up a place in the stands to watch the class from afar. Inconspicuous in his presence, the Slytherin had put his bag down between his feet in the stands, pulling out his Care of Magical Creatures book. Opening the book up, he'd buried himself in the material, glancing only occasionally down to the pitch to see how the younger students were getting on with the practice they were partaking in.

From his vantage point, it seemed to be going well.

Now, it would just be a case of waiting for the lesson to finish so that he could go and speak to Josie.

Explain, perhaps.

And if it all went well...

His imagination was more than willing to provide the promising scenarios that could come later.

Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) B9PKxb
Thanks to Kitty for the signature! <3
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

The fact that she wasn't allowed to be play Quidditch this year did not sit well with Mimosa at all. Of course she had agreed, she would agree to anything her Jacques asked of her. But that didn't mean she wouldn't miss flitting around the pitch and chasing the tiny golden ball she caught so often and so easily. Besides, what would the team do without her? She knew Squid Boy had held auditions and that a new Seeker was in the works. Squid Boy had even been stupid enough to suggest she lend her broom to whoever would temporarily play in her place but she had laughed his suggestion off until he realized how silly he was being.

Still, the chance for her to fly had comes around only a little bit into the term. As always, there was a flying class offered to beginners as well as anyone who wanted to polish up their skills and while Mimosa was an excellent flier, she did not want to miss the opportunity to be on a broom. And technically, this wasn't really playing Quidditch, so surely her doctors wouldn't mind.

Thinking over the loophole, the Head Girl had gone and retrieved her broom from its special case, the one of a kind vehicle weighing nothing at all on her arm as she walked down to the pitch. Most of the chlorine present were in their first or second year but certain older students were dotted amongst the babies too, most notably, a group of sixth and seventh year boys had come to gawk at the person teaching the course.

Moving away from them, Mimosa went to stand next to Ivan "the baby" Newbury who himself stood by two other babies.

"At least you've flown a broom before," the other baby spoke morosely. "I'm from a Muggle family., I don't even know how to sit on one."

Across from them, another baby girl replied. "Cheer up Mathew, you'll get the hang of it in no time."

Ivan didn't speak at all, looking dejectedly at one of the new Cleansweeps. He hadn't bothered to go for any of the fancier models, knowing they would be wasted just lying on the ground.

As soon as Miss Josie began to speak, all heads turned her way, and when she made it clear she would not be answering any questions about her pictures in the paper, some of the older boys grumbled and left.

Good riddance, thought Mimosa as they were all instructed to get their brooms up off the ground. Mimosa didn't even have to say it out loud, her broom flew comfortably into her hand as soon as she had thought to summon it. Around ehr, various students were doing the same, with varying degrees of success.

The first year with Ivan and Mathew had her wand in her hand on the first try. "Good job, Mariel," someone called out and the girl offered a cheery grin. It took Mathew three tries but finally, his broom jumped into his shaking hand. Ivan was still trying.

Miss Josie continued to speak, explaining how to mount and sit, and hover a little. The fact that they might get to play a mock Quidditch game made Mimosa grin brilliantly. "Miss Josie, can i please be Seeker, I'm the bestest at it, I play for my house team and we win the cup every single year!"

More students were successfully getting their brooms to fly into their hands and slowly mounting them. In the end, the only one who's broom refused to budge... was Ivan Newbury. Wanting to be helpful, mimosa raised her hand from where she hovered five feet up in the air.

"Miss, the baby is having a problem, I think he needs help," she called out loudly, drawing everyone's attention to the first year who looked like he wished for nothing more than to be swallowed by the ground beneath him.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:15 pm

As the students slowly got their brooms in their hands, Josie went around and adjusted holds, reprimanded their sitting and told off those who were mucking about too much. Due to not being an official professor, she could not assign detentions or remove points but she did make note of the students who were being too naughty, as well as the boys who had left at the beginning so that she could take their names to Azalea and ask for whatever punishment she wished to give them.

When Mimosa Harrington spoke up about wanting to be the seeker, Josie wavered; she knew that theoretically she shouldn't let Mimosa play in the match, she had been cautioned about it but as long as the young girl promised to be careful, Josie would allow her. "Under one condition, Miss Harrington, you will take caution and when you feel yourself tire you will stop. Am I clear?" She warned the brunette. She'd rather not receive a lawsuit from the Clements because Mimosa got hurt.

"Miss, the baby is having a problem, I think he needs help,"

She turned towards Ivan, who was looking mortified as his inaction was called up loudly by Mimosa. Sighing softly, Josie walked towards the little Newbury that graced her class; she remembered him from the one time she had that 1v1 with his father a while ago. "Hey there Ivan, it's nice to see you again." She smiled gently at the kid. "Remember what I told you at the stadium? Just relax, take deep breaths and center yourself. The broom can tell if you're nervous or not. And then clearly say what you want it to do and it'll reward you." She waited for the youngest Newbury to do as she asked and when he was finally up in the air, though clearly grumpy to be there, she smiled gently. "Well done."

Then she turned to her own broom and shot up into the air, way above the heads of the kids before she descended once more, this time circling the kids with a smile on her face. "Now that we're all in the air, if you turn your attention to the far side of the pitch, you'll see a small obstacle course. Take your time going through it, to get a feel for the broom. I'll be following from above you and if there are any problems just give me a shout."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:52 pm

Mimosa was overjoyed at being allowed to play. Her fondness for Miss Josie grew as the redhead agreed to let Mimosa join the mock game. "Yes Miss, I will, for sure," she agreed tot eh older witch's terms. She already knew she wasn't going to feel tired. Her broom flew like a dream and she was the greatest flyer ever, her Jacques had told her so.

Mimosa watched as Miss Josie moved towards the baby, trying to help him. Her approach was to gently teach him how to coax his broom into his hands and it finally worked. Ivan sat on his broom gingerly, afraid as if it would buckle like a horse and throw him off. He looked like he was going to be sick.

"Now that we're all in the air, if you turn your attention to the far side of the pitch, you'll see a small obstacle course."

The Slytherin looked to where Josie was pointing and indeed, there was a very simple course, too simple for her in fact. Her unique broom would clear it in two seconds but Mimosa wasn't interested in showing off just then. Instead, she watched as the others approached the obstacle course. Mariel proved to be easily the most confident on her broom, guiding it to fly up and down and practicing a few curves before she headed to the course. Mathew and Ivan hung back, contemplating the simple course with pale faces.

"I thought you said you'd flown before," Mathew hissed, just loud enough for Mimosa to hear.

"I h-have," The baby insisted through chattering teeth.

"Then what was that?"

"I didn't say I flew well."

Eventually, Mathew too headed for a course, though with a lot more trepidation than Mariel had. He took their instructor's advise and went slow, taking his time and guiding his broom through the obstacles.

Ivan was the last one remaining behind and Mimosa found herself feeling sorry for him.

"Hey, baby, comes on, get down on the ground and you can hop up on my broom behind me," she offered with a smile. Ivan stared at her disbelievingly for a moment before shaking his head.

"I'm a really good flier, I promise," Mimosa encouraged more gently. touching down her own broom to show him the smooth landing. "You won't feel a thing and we will clear the course in no time."

Though the boy only hung about two feet in the air, he took his time coming down. his feet shaking as he stumbled back on solid ground. From there, Mimosa had to coax him again to get behind on her own broom.

"Okay, now hold on to me, and everything's going to be fine," she soothed as she gently kicked off. Ivan let out a little scream as they landed somewhere ten feet above the pitch. "Just relax," Mimosa called back as she guided the broom easily towards the course. "And you can close your eyes if you like, but just breathe okay?" Ivan didn't respond but a moment later, she could hear him hyperventilating.

As expected, it took her no time at all to clear the course, making it to the other side with a jubilant smile. "We're done," she announced for the boy's benefit. "You can open your eyes now. Look, Miss Josie is proud of you."

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:59 pm

Josie kept an eye and ear on Ivan, making sure the young Newbury was doing okay and not about to fall off his broom and hurt himself but most of her attention was on the children going through the obstacle course. Most of them were doing an amazing job but some of them were clearly showing off and doing stunts on brooms that shouldn't be done at such a low altitude least they hurt themselves. She made note of who it was and turned back to keep an eye on Ivan, who was clearly hesitating and seemed to look as if he was going to cry.

She was just about to approach him when Mimosa beat her to it and she watched as the brunette spoke calmly to him only to blink when Ivan landed only for the young boy to get behind Mimosa on her broom. Which she was ready to reprimand the young girl for but she could tell that Mimosa was careful and considerate to her passenger so she just flew above the young girl, keeping an eye on both her and Ivan, making sure Mimosa didn't hurt herself or that Ivan didn't fall off the broom.

She could tell, even from above the pair, that Ivan was doing his best to just not burst into tears at being in the air and when Mimosa easily finished the course, Josie made sure to be at the other girls height in the air, a proud smile on her face. She'd take Mimosa aside later and let the girl know that it was dangerous to do such things, even with an amazing broom like hers but not in front of Ivan. "Well done Miss Harrington and Mr Newbury. Do you want to skip the rest of the lesson Ivan? I won't punish you for it if you do. You can just sit back and watch the mini-match."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 6:54 pm

Thankfully, the baby had completed the course without crying or throwing up, and Mimosa was fully going to give herself the credit for it later. After all, she was the best flier ever, and she had made sure that Ivan completed the course. It was a pity he didn't come with a babysitter, he seemed to really need it. Even Miss Josie was smiling as the finished the course and touched back down on the ground.

"Well done Miss Harrington and Mr Newbury. Do you want to skip the rest of the lesson Ivan? I won't punish you for it if you do. You can just sit back and watch the mini-match."

Ivan looked at the redheads as if she as angel descended from heaven just to look after him. Slowly, he nodded as he dismounted from Mimosa's broom. He still looked a bit green but at least his feet were now firmly planted on the pitch.

"Thank you," he mumbled, a little red around the ears. "I'll go sit in the stands and watch." And then, almost as if the words were wrenched out of his mouth, he added "Couldyoupleasenottellmydadplease?"

Mimosa of course didn't understand the jumbled speech, but Josie must have as she bent down to say something softly to the boy. Together, the two witches watched him toddle off to the stands where he joined the few spectators observing their lessons.

"So, is it Quidditch time yet?" Mimosa asked excitedly.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Josie watched with fond amusement as Mimosa lowered her broom and Ivan easily slid off it, the young boy clearly shaking in fear as he stumbled. She didn't blame the kid for his fear of brooms or being in the air, some people were just like that, her own younger brother for example was terrified of flying, either by broom or in an aeroplane.

"Alright then, though if you start feeling cold, you are free to leave and head back to your common room Ivan." She was just about to turn away and speak with Mimosa when Ivan spoke once again. It took her a good few moments to unjumble his words but when she did, her face softened and she leant down to whisper to Ivan.

"Don't worry Ivan, your dad will not know a word about this. I am not obliged to tell him anything." She gently patted his shoulder. "Well done on trying. I know it must've been terrifying but you tried and that's all I can ask." She watched as he left for the stands before she faced Mimosa, her lips pulling into a bemused smile.

"Yes, it's Quidditch time." She agreed. "Please do remember to not strain yourself, however. I will be keeping a close eye on you." She reminded the girl before she tapped her wand to her throat and spoke loudly for the others to hear. "Please gather up students! Now that you've had your chance at flying the brooms, well done on doing the obstacle course with no injuries, we'll do a mock mini-quidditch match. You will all be split into two teams, those that wish to sit this part out you are free to do so." She waited as a few of the children settled back on the ground and joined the stands.

"Now, since Miss Harrington volunteered herself for the position of Seeker on one team, we will need just one more for the other team." She looked around the kids who were eagerly waiting for her instructions. "Miss Mariel, you seemed to be the best on your broom, how do you feel in being the seeker for the other team?" The eager nod from the girl made her laugh softly. "Alright, since we have the two seekers, the rest of you split into the chasers and keepers. There will be no beaters and no bludger. Since we only have around 35 minutes left of the lesson, I'd rather not risk injuries. I'll give you five minutes to split into teams and then we'll start the match."

She turned away from the kids, letting them do their own for the five minutes, and reached into her pocket to pull out a shrunken-down trunk which she unshrunk and opened, swiftly reaching out to grab the golden snitch that flew out and then picked the Quaffle up. Turning back around, she was pleased to see the two teams flying behind their seekers and nodded her head.

"I see you're all ready." She smiled at them, letting them know without words that she was proud of how quickly they'd gotten themselves sorted. "This here is the Snitch," She held up the gently fluttering ball that she let go and watched as it flitted about both Mariel's and Mimosa's heads for a few seconds before it shot off. "And this here is the Quaffle, for those that don't know. Keepers, take your positions at the hoops, seekers you are free to head up into the air, give it a handful of minutes for the chasers to get a few hoops in before you actively start looking for the snitch." She waited for the four students to get into the air before she turned to the chasers and stared at them. "You all ready?" She waited for the nods before she chucked the Quaffle into the air and the other kids were off like a shot after it.

She ascended up herself, flying around and keeping an eye on Mimosa and the other children. She was glad for her decision to not include the beaters. This gave the others a chance to just fly around and have fun and not worry about any potential injuries from errant bludgers.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 pm

Once again, Miss Josie reminded her not to strain herself and Mimosa nodded enthusiastically. She didn't plan on disobeying the redhead, and she also doubted a mock game with no bludgers against mostly little babies would tire her out. Seeing as she had called dibs on Seeker, Miss Josie chose the quick first year, Mariel as the other Seeker. Mariel was good on her old fashioned Firebolt, but Mimosa knew she was better. the teams were quickly formed with Dia playing as a Keeper on Mimosa's team while Mathew joined a s Chaser with Mariel. The other kids divided themselves evenly.

"Keepers, take your positions at the hoops, seekers you are free to head up into the air, give it a handful of minutes for the chasers to get a few hoops in before you actively start looking for the snitch."

Mimosa did as instructed, waiting for the Chasers to try and score a few goals. She simply hovered in the air, her sharp eyes looking for the snitch. The shiny golden ball would be easy to spot in this glum weather. Below her, Dia had blocked three successful goals before one went in, by Mathew no less who looked so surprised, he almost lost control of his broom. Miss Josie had to swoop in to help steady the boy.

Mimosa's team was faring much better with goal scoring, mostly because Mariel's keeper was a mousy little second year boy who shrank every time a chaser approached his vicinity. Finally, after letting four goals in, he finally blocked one too.

"Can we look for the Snitch now?" Mimosa called out as the redheaded instructor went flying by. Mariel too seemed ready, her grip on her broom handle firm and her little jaw set in determination.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 2:26 pm

Josie flew around, keeping an eye on the mini-match going on and keeping a score of all the goals the little kiddies scored. She did dives to save kiddos from falling off the brooms, sometimes just to confuse the teenagers and make the quaffle fall and have them dive for the ball. Was she doing it on purpose? Of course, after all what was a Quidditch match with the Quaffle not being dropped at least once or twice.

She was pleased at how well the children were faring with the game, clearly enjoying themselves even if some of them were terrified to be in their positions. She did another loop around the pitch under all the playing before she ascended up and started circling the two seekers, just waiting for the moment to let them shoot off and search for the snitch.

"Can we look for the Snitch now?"

"Alright ladies." Josie laughed as she looked at both girl, a grin on her lips. "Off you go. Don't injure yourselves." And she watched as both girls shot off to search for the golden snitch, Josie already having the snitch in her own sights. Now to see which one would find it first. Not that it mattered much who won. They would all receive a price after all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)   Back to Basics (Flying Lesson) Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next