Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

First Dance (Jake & Veronika)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Empty
PostSubject: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 8:33 am

Veronika woke up that morning with a churning stomach. She was half-way dressed, pulling on her exercise outfit before realizing that Jake would probably be out there, also it was freezing. She resigned herself to doing some sit-ups and some other stretches for a few hours before starting her day. She sat on the window seat and watched the sun rise, and wondered why she was so nervous as she drank her Darjeeling tea. She felt calm now, at ease with herself as she settled herself into a small mid-morning nap while the sun filtered into her room.

By the next time she woke up she had a few cramps and knots aching her body thanks to the weird way she’d fallen asleep, but she felt far more pleasant as she stretched the discomfort out. She ate something small before dressing business casual and applying a small amount of make-up as she tidied her room. Truth be told she knew why she was nervous.

Today was the Halloween Ball and she was chaperoning. It wasn’t really a choice she could negotiate with either, but oh well. So she was just passing the hours before she dressed up and played grown-up. It made her excessively nervous. Except that wasn’t the truth. She knew why she was so nervous. There were only a few other professors assigned to chaperoning and the other one was Jake Newbury. The thought of being in such close proximity was causing an anxiety like never before to plague her body as she moved around her room, jittery and on edge.

It wasn’t like she hated him; it was literally the opposite.

The way she felt for Jake was new and it was old all at once. It was like the way she’d fallen for Ivan, slow and gradual (faster than before though as she’d fallen in love with him after a week), but the feeling was deeper because it felt more permanent. She felt as though Jake and her had a level of understanding to each other which was, admittedly, such a ridiculous feeling because they had only known each other for maybe a month or two. Except then again she’d known Ivan for less.

She didn’t know if she was in love, but oh gods above help her, it felt like that.

Veronika gave a small sigh and decided that all her nervous energy would be best translated through getting ready. She did her hair by hand and applied her make-up by hand too. It took three hours, but by then she only had an hour before the Ball was to begin. She inhaled fresh air deeply from an open window before dressing in the red number she had bought almost weeks ago. As she slipped into her shoes after that she flattened her palms against her thighs and tucked her wand into her hair before heading down to the Great Hall. Once she was in there she gave a terse nod to the Headmaster and bright encouraging smiles to the students before taking her place at the wall, watching and tracking all the movements of the Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Years. 

Suddenly after what felt like eons of waiting and feeling her confidence grow exponentially that nothing strange would happen, the Headmaster announced the chaperones to gather for the first dance. Despite how her mind compelled her to stay far away from Jake because love was trouble, as if by magic she found herself moving towards Jake with a shy smile.

Hello,” she murmured and offered her hand, “care to share a dance?” She asked, biting her lower lip, preparing herself for rejection.

VERONIKA'S DRESS
VERONIKA'S MAKE-UP

Last edited by Veronika Rae Hollands on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 pm

When the idea of the Halloween had come about, Jake wasn't overly keen on the idea. Sure, he liked a party, and he didn't mind too much about getting dressed up. But, he would essentially be working the party. That wasn't the best idea in the world, but he owed it to his students to participate, it was only for one night, after all.

Picking out his outfit hadn't been too hard, and a mask hadn't been too hard to acquire. The sleeked back hair style wasn't one he liked, but it finished the outfit off well. It had been whilst Jake was tying his mask in to place that he had remembered that the other professors would be there, or more specifically, Veronika.

Jake had try to get hold of the witch since being back in Scotland, but so far he'd had no luck, every time he'd tried to catch her around the castle she seemed to slip away before he had the chance. But perhaps... Perhaps tonight would be different.

With that in mind, Jake had left for the Ball with a smile on his face, wondering what she had decided to come as - he'd had to double back to apply the fangs for his outfit, and the small amount of fake blood in the corner of his mouth due to the distraction.

It had been Victoria that Jake had seen first, and after telling her how wonderful she looked, Jake had left her with her friends, checking in with the Headmaster before watching the students for any problems that might arise, but the night was quiet. When the music began to play, many couples moved to the dance floor, but Jake stayed out of the way, his eyes searching the room for one witch, and one witch only.

Finding the witch moving towards him, however, had not been what Jake was expecting from the evening, even less than that, he hadn't expected her to ask him to dance with her. "I... Yes, of course, yes." Jake replied, quite obviously confused with her offering, but not saying no either as he led her to the dance floor. Jake took up the appropriate hold for the dance, leading her naturally, he allowed them to fall in to the rhythm of the music before he spoke again.

"I... tried to get hold of you." Jake commented, keeping his tone light because he wasn't trying to accuse her of anything. "I thought we could... well, go out together away from work. Catch up." He tried to explain, because he did want to see if they could be friends at least, something more perhaps if she was willing. But he also didn't want to scare her away. It was a fine line, that was for sure, but Jake thought he was treading the right side of it.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:35 pm

When Jake didn’t turn her away, Veronika felt her heart give a low thump in her chest. She felt foolish then; how stupid was she? She was so scared to lose something she wouldn’t let herself see she was hurting someone else. She shook the thought out of her head; she was assuming that there was still there. Perhaps Jake was allowing her to dance with him so he could tell her that he’d ... that he... that he’d heard bad things about her teaching skills! She’d been lacking a lot as of late in that area, so much so she felt uncomfortable with herself. She let out a small sigh as he took her hand. Veronika was just a little relieved that he wasn’t willing to shun her completely. She had acted so unprofessionally when they were in Rome. Maybe he was just looking for her all those times to tell her that he was uncomfortable with the situation?

Whatever the reason, she decided she’d been acting poorly and now that she had time to she would rectify her mistakes.

She took a few moments to admire his outfit, finding the symmetry and way it all matched very pleasing to the eyes. She did however, had to throw back to the memories of the touches and embraces they’d shared when he was substantially less dressed. Immediately she tried to fight the flush that started to make it’s way to her collarbones by shaking her head a bit while they fell into the dance rather naturally.

You look very handsome tonight,” she murmured looking up at him through her eyelashes with a faint smile.

“I-I,” she started a bit at the fact that he’d noticed she was ignoring him, she bit her lower lip, she really wished they weren’t at Hogwarts or a school dance for that fact; she wished she had a bit of ‘liquid luck’ (not the potion) in her system but nonetheless, she wasn’t one to beat around the bush. “I haven’t been in a serious relationship in a long time, and whatever we are, it’s definitely not a fling like I thought it was because I can’t stop thinking about you. It’s absolute torture, I have to confess, that I don’t know- that I want more from our time in Rome. It felt too short; too fleeting.” She admitted, her brows knitting together as she felt confused about what else to say. Her heart was racing in her chest and her stomach was churning like never before. She gulped back the knot that was forming in her throat as she averted her gaze to their feet and focused on the steps and the music.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

The first couple of steps had been awkward, but as the compliment fell from Veronika's lips, Jake inwardly cursed himself for not playing that card. How could he not have done that? Because you didn't know where you stood two seconds ago, and you were trying not to be an ass! His mind scolded, and Jake conceded that one.

"I think you look very beautiful this evening too." Jake replied, sincere in his words as he smiled back at the witch. Hopefully she wouldn't think he was just saying that out of politeness because he really didn't mean it like that.

But at her next statement, Jake had to take a moment to think about it. He had wanted more, a relationship, but the use of 'serious' just before brought up a lot of questions. Serious too soon could cause problems, Jake had no reason not for it to end with that, but he didn't want to promise her something that he wasn't completely sure on. It had been a long time since he'd been in a serious relationship, and that had ended in the most painful of ways.

"I..." Jake started, turning them on the dance floor in a convenient pause. "I haven't done serious in a very long time. I don't think I know the definition of serious if I'm honest." He explained, almost ready to forget the dance floor and everyone around them. "But I know that Rome was... nice. Very nice. It made me feel good. It's been a long time since I've felt anything close to that good." He explained, a small frown etched on his features.

"If you want to continue what happened in Rome, I'm happy to do that. I want to do that." Jake corrected himself at the last moment, because he realised his first statement wasn't overly convincing. "You make me comfortable again, and I like that. These last couple of months without you... Well, maybe it was a little fast in Rome, but I don't think what we did was wrong." Jake concluded with a small smile.

"Just say that you want to continue, and I'm yours, Veronika." He finalised, hoping that she wasn't teasing him or something in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 am

Veronika wanted to curse her word phrasing. She didn’t mean to just throw out the word relationship so freely and maybe telling him she thought he was handsome was too much. Oh gods, she felt like she was gonna be sick. This was all wrong, she’d messed up already. She should’ve taken to something slower, less out there, less forward. Her brain was suddenly a mess and she truly wish she’d taken some courage potion. For Circe’s sake she was a Hufflepuff not a damn Gryffindor! She was supposed to have infinitely more tact. However, the past months she’d spent avoiding him gave her plenty of time to reflect. She was able to think in clear about Ivan without sad glasses; he may have been her first love but he didn’t need to be her last necessarily. She knew that, but she never truly felt ready to move on.

And then Rome happened.

Suddenly it was as if cold air had been knocked into her lungs after drowning for years. Before Jake she definitely dated others, definitely enjoyed all the things men and women were permitted to do, but never did she think about anything more than a few dates or someone to hold her at night. She wasn’t used to men meaning more to her; they were kind enough, but never with the gentleman grace Jake was, and they were brave enough to talk to her, but not brave like Jake was to be an Auror. So far the men she’d made her beaus weren’t adding up to who Jake was. She didn’t know what she was expecting really to ask him to dance. She opened her mouth again to tell her that friends could find each other handsome to imply she had no problem with just being friends. She felt her insides mush just a little at the genuine statement.

Thank you,” she murmured low before realizing her voice was a bit raspy, she smiled and wished she could close the distance between them for a small moment just to press her lips to the corner of his lips.

Immediately at his next words, Veronika was ready to interject that she was clearly jumping the gun and that being friends again wouldn’t offend her in anyway. She just- she wanted him to know that what she intended to be something fun and easy to leave behind her when she left evolved into meaning so much more to her. It gave her a new perspective on the way she was living her life and she hated how hollow she felt not having him to crawl into bed with or being able to throw her arms around his neck whenever she wanted and embrace him tightly.

We can go slow,” she murmured, “it doesn’t have to be serious-serious- it’s just more than a fling. It’s seriouser than a fling but not the serious-ist.” She added teasingly as her fingers started to rub soothing circles into his shoulder, hopefully to ease the tension. 

Veronika found herself agreeing with what he was saying and feeling hope that previously crushed blossom in her chest, she smiled softly but brightly at him.

It made me feel good. It's been a long time since I've felt anything close to that good.

I am glad then that I can do this for you, and I love the way you make me feel,” she confessed as she started to try and lead them again into the rhythm of the song, “you’re something new- something good and I - I like it.” She added. She listened to everything else he had to say, feeling content that she had gathered her courage up. At his last words she felt her face flush at those words and nodding.

Then be mine and let me be yours. I want that. I want you. Because I like you Jake,” she said slowly, “I want to date you. And kiss you. Maybe both. Probably both.” She added smiling a little shyly now looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:19 pm

The idea of slowness made Jake feel a little more relaxed in that moment. Or perhaps it was the way her fingers were soothing in their circles, easing him in to the situation with a tenderness he enjoyed around the witch. Whatever the case, Jake's shoulders came less rigid, more relaxed, and he tried not to over think the words she was giving him.

"But not the serious-ist... yet?" Jake prompted, because although he wasn't ready for serious now, he knew with time he could be. He didn't want to go in to something on different pages than the witch he was getting in to something with. It could lead to problems, problems he'd experienced in the past, problems he wasn't ready to endure again.

Knowing that the feelings he had were somewhat reciprocated, Jake couldn't help the smile that blossomed on his lips. It was difficult, finding someone who felt the same way as you did. But when you did, well, it felt great. Jake hadn't been able to find anyone for a long time, and now here he was.

“I want to date you. And kiss you. Maybe both. Probably both.”

"Then you have both." Jake told her, dipping his head to press a light kiss to the witch's lips. Brief, and soft because of their current location. But enough to show that he agreed to everything she said, that he would give her everything she wanted. Because he liked her a lot, and he wanted this to work.

A small cheer had lifted in that moment, and Jake realised that some students had seen the kiss, and decided to revel in that moment. "Probably not the best idea, right?" Jake asked, his grin showing he didn't really care if the world knew. He was happy, and that was all that mattered.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Dance (Jake & Veronika)   First Dance (Jake & Veronika) Empty

Back to top Go down

First Dance (Jake & Veronika)
Page 1 of 1