Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Jake Newbury

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue 14 Nov 2023 - 7:21
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 16:02

» Election Night (Tessa)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri 3 May 2024 - 20:10

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri 3 May 2024 - 19:51

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 10:34

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue 23 Apr 2024 - 19:47

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 21:19

Jake could see that his mother was warming to Veronika quite quickly from the smile on her features. Of the two of his parents his mom had always been much easier to read, which was a good thing, especially now.

The continued praise made Jake smile, giving Veronika's hand a small squeeze in that moment. Whether it was her nerves that made her say that, or genuine feelings towards his parents, Jake couldn't be sure, but it was nice no less. "Then we'll head over in the holidays for a short stay." Jake agreed with his girlfriend, looking across to his mom to check that would be okay. But her continued smile spoke of just how happy she was with the idea.

The simple 'oh' at the idea of meeting Veronika's parents made Jake a little concerned. His knowledge on them... was lacking and he found himself feeling a little helpless in that situation. His mom looked a little concerned in that moment, so Jake quickly improvised. "How about I'll meet them first, and then if they don't want me to leave Veronika alone forever, we'll sort something out then?" Jake prompted his mom, pulling the attention from Veronika.

"That sounds like a good idea, but don't leave it too long!" Alexis replied happily, and Jake let out a soft sigh of relief to getting his mom to agree to slow down just a little bit.

The notion of finishing up Veronika's plate wasn't something Jake was opposed to, whilst the food they shared in the flat was good food, nothing could beat the taste of his mom's cooking. He was sure many people felt the same way about this, though he knew not to voice this opinion. Spooning some more food in to his mouth, Jake listened to more compliments flow.

"Oh, this isn't much, dear." Alexis assured the witch with a smile. "A simple lasagne no more." She assured Veronika.

"The trip was good though." Henry interjected his wife, motioning for her to eat a little more rather than talk. "A simple Floo here and there before getting here. Better than flying." He explained, before turning back to his dinner.

A short silence took over the table, and Jake thought for a moment about what to say. Mulling things over for a moment, Jake decided on keeping it casual. "Do you mind if Victoria comes over for a couple of weekends over the summer? I know she'll be getting ready for University, but... you know..." Jake tried to explain, but he already knew the answer.

"Of course, of course!" Alexis insisted. "We wouldn't be able to keep the two of you apart if we tried. Any plans for where you'll be taking her to visit this year?"

"Well..." Jake looked sideways to Veronika, hoping she would be okay with the fact Victoria was, and always would be, a large part of his life. "I was hoping Veronika would join us, and then we could go site seeing in the UK... I'm not sure yet, but it'll be something..."

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk Online
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 15:21

Veronika wondered what sort of devilish delight Maxwell, her dadda, would get out of meeting Jake. He’d been reading letters about him for months now, each of them he’d recited the same thing. “He hurts you, he’s dead” at least once or twice. Max was harsh about who she dated and she could totally remember him hounding Ivan when she first brought him home. Maxwell, although he had some personal issues, had been an ideal father. He was close to her whilst being completely detached sometimes, and totally overprotective, but didn’t try to shield her from the world. He let her see the bad and let her take in the bad with the good.

Tristan on the other would lay everything down on the line for her. Any questions she had, he answered, and in some ways he did try to shield her from the world. Whenever people would give the three of them strange glances, and she’d ask about what the terrible slurs people threw at them, he’d tell them they were hexes of the lowest degree. She knew, thanks to her parents that love was worth it in the end.

I’d love to,” she murmured, just a bit flushed. As soon as this dinner was over, she’d write to her fathers and tell them that her and Jake would be over for dinner or even tea at the very least. She could just picture her dadda’s face once he realized that Jake was an ex-Quiddtich player for a team he loved.

She laughed at Jake’s comment about them wanting him to leave her alone; it varied some days how her fathers wanted her life to go. On one hand they wanted her to stay their darling girl for as long as possible, on the other hand they wanted her to marry a nice, preferably pureblood boy of their choosing already to know that she was in a secure, stable relationship. In Veronika’s mind it didn’t much matter what her parents wanted since it was her life and not their’s. “We won’t, I’ll write them after dinner, and I’m positive they won’t hate Jake… too much at least,” she joked lightly squeezing her boyfriend’s hand to let her know she wasn’t serious about them hating him. Okay well not entirely serious.

I’m glad then,” Veronika replied to Henry with a short nod before letting a comfortable silence lap over the table, she really earnestly tried to eat as much as she could and was able to get through a fourth of the plate before her stomach started protesting. At Jake’s question about Victoria coming to stay over, she felt no qualms. Victoria was a social girl, and most likely their home - err - Jake’s home would just be a resting spot if she wasn’t with Jake.

I think it’ll be fun,” Veronika murmured smiling at both Jake and then Alexis, silently glad that Jake kept a good relationship with his mum and his sister. “The three of us could spend a few days in Munich or Frankfurt, my parents live over there in that area and so is a chateaux they rent out. Maybe take her to France where I’ve got some friends and connections who wouldn’t mind showing her around or giving us a place to stay.” She offered all the options she could for where they could all go for the upcoming summer.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 18:50

The dinner was going well in Jake's mind, his parents looked happy enough with Veronika as they sat talking about this that and the other. So far, his mother hadn't hit on anything touchy, so he could only hope that Veronika was feeling relaxed. He'd relaxed as he ate, and noting that Veronika was done with her dinner, he motioned to her plate in a manner of asking if he should take it.

Once she had agreed, Jake switched his clean plate for hers, and continued to eat his mother's food. His appetite had always been big, mostly due to the fact he was always so active, come rain or shine.

The only hiccup came when Veronika mentioned a chateaux, and he could feel his parents apprehension in that moment as they exchanged a quick look. Jake hadn't been aware of the chateaux himself, but he remained calm, he was used to people with money, he simply chose to be much more humble than his celebrity friends. "I'm sure Victoria would love that." Jake piped in a moment later, taking the attention away from his girlfriend.

The night continued in much the same easy going manner, and after they had bid his parents goodbye, Jake finally relaxed. Leaning in to his girlfriend and giving her a soft kiss on the lips. "That went well." He murmured softly, holding her close to him as he grinned. That was probably the biggest test Veronika would have with his family, and that had gone remarkably well.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2