Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:05 pm

The insistence that it was okay to have panicked made Victoria smile a little bit. Usually she was quite good with being in control of herself, but tonight was different. Not that it mattered, Zander was here to help and it made her feel much, much better.

"Yeah, it's my first year. But I'm loving every minute of it so far." Victoria told the man beside her with a smile. "I'm doing my degree in Muggle and Magical Law." Victoria added, hoping that wouldn't ruin their impending friendship because she was quite adamant that law was going to be her field of work. "What are you studying for?" Victoria asked, truly interested in the choice of the man beside her. For a moment, she guessed Potioneer, because he looked like that kind of person, but Victoria wasn't sure at all.

Not being able to help wasn't something that Victoria liked, but she couldn't help but chuckle at the wink in her direction. "I guess I can do that." Victoria replied sweetly, completely oblivious to the flirting that was going on. "So, how come you're up so late? Party?" Victoria asked, though her eyes were trained on the lock, willing it to open.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:08 pm

He was glad to see the smile on her face. By the looks of it, his job of reassuring her had worked and she no longer felt bad about having been distressed. Zander returned her smile.

Her confirmation of being a first year made Zander nod. For being a first year, she seemed to have her life together pretty well. "Law?" he questioned, quite impressed with the girl's choice. "Impressive," he added, his head turning to look at her, his eyes lighting up. If she was studying Law, it meant she was smart and for some reason, intelligence on a woman was quite attractive. "Auror," he answered her question, tasting the word on his lips.

He chuckled at the sound of her chuckle, glad to see she didn't resist being there to keep him company. "Well I'm sure glad you can, or else I'd have to find someone who could," he chuckled towards her once more. "Actually, I was at work," he smiled shyly. He wasn't exactly the partying type, though occasionally he wouldn't mind being invited to some sort of social event, but he never was. "What about you?" He hands fumbled clumsily with the lock.

Hearing a click, he jiggled the knob, but it wouldn't budge.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 pm

The comment on law was one that Victoria wasn't sure of to begin with, but the moment he said it was impressive, Victoria couldn't help but blush. "Well... I wanted to get a firm grounding in the law before I move on to remaking it with equality in mind. For different species, and the like." Victoria explained, not caring if anyone thought it was impossible. To the witch who had been told at the age of eight that she would never walk again, nothing would seem impossible ever again.

"An Auror?" Victoria asked excitedly. "My brother works as an Auror, and teaches. But it's such a good job! I bet your parents are so, so proud of you!" She gushed, her smile showing the sincerity of her statement in that moment.

"Where do you work?" Victoria asked Zander the moment he'd told her. Curiosity was something that came naturally to Victoria and she had never seen anything wrong with working hard - whether that was studying or otherwise. "Me? I was in the library looking up the latest laws on centaur roaming rights." She admitted. "Was quite fascinating, actually."

When the click came, Victoria's eyes shot back to the door, and holding her breath when Zander tried it, Victoria couldn't help but not want it to open so she could keep talking to him. Her luck - or perhaps misfortune depending on what angle you looked at it - was in that evening, because it didn't open. Letting out a small sigh, Victoria gave a shrug. "Never mind, you tried. Thank you." Victoria told the man beside her. "Looks like I'll be sleeping her tonight! You really don't have to stay, I'll be fine!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:51 pm

He nodded his head in order to show her that he understand exactly what it was that she was saying.

He smiled, "I guess I'll be meeting him soon won't I?" The boy gave her another look and smiled, wondering what her brother looked like. From the girls looks, it seems like the family had some pretty good genes, or at least Victoria was lucky enough to get the good genes if not. At the mention of his parents, the boy stiffened. He never spoke about his parents much, but he felt the need to let her know. "I wish I knew," his arms dropped down beside him and he sat back on his heels, his body now facing hers, "I lost my parents when I was five, grew up in an orphanage in Berlin." He didn't tell her to make her feel bad, but merely because he felt the need to talk about them as it had been entirely too long without their mention.

"A small Muggle bookshop, out in the main streets of London," he said, answering her next question. Her curiosity didn't bother him, in fact, he appreciated it. For the first time during his years of university, he felt like he had someone who cared and it was nice. As he listened to her explain why she was up so late, he smiled, "It does sound pretty interesting."

The boy was quite glad that the door didn't budge, though he felt like he had let her down. "I'm sorry," he turned to her, a look of sadness in his eyes. At the sound of her sigh, he frowned a bit more, "No, no, I can stay, or" he paused, "I can even offer you my bed and I'll sleep on the floor or the couch." The boys dorm would be empty as he didn't have a dormmate, but he didn't exactly expect her to take his offer, especially since they just met.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:15 pm

"I'm sure you will!" Victoria replied. "His name is Jake, he's been in the Auror division for... two years now, I think." Victoria explained, trying to think if that was correct, she was quite sure it was. "He loves his job, but it does worry me." The witch admitted, though she was sure that Zander would understand that.

However, when Victoria realised she had put her foot in it, her face dropped, a saddened expression taking the place of her usual smile. "I am so sorry, I didn't realise..." The American witch insisted, not really knowing what to do in that moment. But, even though she didn't know, Victoria reached out for Zander's hand, giving it a small smile. "I'm sure, wherever they are, your parents are super proud of you though." She told him, giving him a small smile in the hope of making amends.

"A bookshop? That has to be one of the best jobs in the world, especially with Muggle literature! Merlin, I think I would read the whole store if I had such a job!" The girl explained, letting out a soft chuckle at the idea. "I don't have a job at the moment, my brother pays for my tuition fees because he wants me to concentrate on the studying." Victoria explained, giving a small shrug.

The offer of staying in Zander's room made Victoria pause for a moment. The very obvious trouble - to anyone except Victoria - was not thought about in that moment. The only trouble Victoria could see was the burden she was turning in to the more they spoke. "I really couldn't accept such an offer from you, Zander. That would be asking way too much of you..." Victoria replied, though in complete honesty it sounded so much nicer than the corridor. "Unless you let me sleep on the floor, so I'm not putting you out any more than I already have, and I promise to be out of the way the moment I'm awake!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 1:21 am

He smiled, feeling a bit excited to meet the girl's brother. Maybe he'd be lucky enough to have him train him. "It's understandable that it would worry you," Zander said softly, taking in the girls features, her long hair and her soft, doe-like eyes. "It's a dangerous career."

"It's okay, really," he reassured her, "in fact, it feels like a relief to be able to talk about them." The boy gave her a sly smile. To most, his parents seemed to be forgotten, but to Zander they were his life. Everything he did, everything he said was to discover what exactly happened to them. The girl's hand reaching to to his was a sweet gesture, one that made him smile and want to hug her, but he didn't. Though he did smile as her next phrase. He too, was sure that wherever his parents were, whether dead or alive, they were extremely proud of him.

"It really is," the boy said, sharing Victoria's excitement. "I've read a majority of the books already," he admitted sheepishly. He knew she wouldn't think him a nerd as she just told him that she would do the same, but for some reason, he still found himself embarrassed. "That's really great," he smiled to her. He had been awarded scholarships to pay for school but he enjoyed having the extra money, especially since he'd have to have money to take his girlfriend out, if he ever got one.

At her suggestion, he found himself rolling his eyes and chuckling. "I could never let a lady sleep on the floor." He was far too much of a gentleman to allow Victoria to sleep on the floor just as he was far too much of a gentleman to push himself onto her like other guys would. While it would be nice to finally have a girl in that way and in any way really, the girl was far too nice for that, besides, Zander would like to actually keep her as a friend and not make her hate him. "At least take the couch," he replied, "or I camp out here with you."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 pm

"I know it is..." Victoria replied softly, trying not to think about it too much, but failing. "He recently got injured on a mission... he was... lucky." The witch explained, a small crease forming on her brow. "But, he's a fighter, he's always been a fighter, and he'll always come through." The determination, and certainty in her voice showed in that moment, and a smile touched Victoria's lips once more. Whatever Jake might do, whatever he got up to, Victoria was sure he would always pull through.

"If you want to talk about them, I'm always here. If not now, then another time. I don't mind." Victoria assured the man beside her with a smile. She could never imagine losing her parents, the thought was horrible, but Victoria would do her best to help Zander if he needed her to.

"The majority? Wow, that either makes you a speedy reader, or the bookshop isn't as big as my imagination thinks it might be!" Victoria replied, her smile showing she meant it good naturedly and not in a mean manner. "I'll have to pop by some time and get your recommendations on good reads!" She added, hoping that it wasn't impertinent of her to suggest such things.

"It's nice of him, yes..." Victoria replied to Zander about Jake's generosity. "But I plan to pay him back, every penny." The American witch insisted, because she really didn't wish for Zander to think she was just going to take the money.

"Okay, okay. I can't ask you to sleep out here, so I'll sleep on your couch. I'll be out of your apartment first thing in the morning though, I really don't want to be anymore hassle than I have already been." Victoria said, giving in to his wishes. "And, you must let me repay you for your kindness, at some point. You really have been way too kind to me."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:29 pm

"He is lucky," Zander agreed, "but he also sounds like a very, strong man, which makes you lucky." He thought about what it would be like to have an older sibling that worked a job like that. He also thought about what it would be like to have someone that was protective of him, someone that loved him and cherished him and would do anything for him. He knew his parents did, but he'd been raised without them so he didn't remember what those feelings felt like, especially since he was brought up in the orphanage. Looking at Victoria, he could see a girl that was loved and well cared for and he smiled, happy for her.

"Thank you," the boy replied, looking to the girl. Her eyes held such kindness and a hell of a lot of promise behind them. It was eyes that he could get lost in but he chose not to. He didn't really need to creep out his new found friend, not yet anyways. "It's really kind of you Victoria," the boys voice was soft, maybe too soft but he didn't care.

He nodded. "Well both sort of," he chuckled. "It depends on how exciting the book is," the boy shrugged. At her suggestion of stopping in, his smile grew and his eyes lit up. "You should," his exclamation made him blush, "I mean, I would love to help you." He could feel his face growing a bit red at being so excited to be around her.

"That's a very honest thing for you to do," Zander admitted. People who payed you back were the best kind of people, whether you wanted to to pay you back or not.

He smiled as he listened to her finally agree. "Just don't tell your boyfriend," he chuckled, "I wouldn't want to be beat into a pulp." Pretty girls like her had boyfriends right? If not, then he would surely be shocked and even more nervous to speak to her. "I'll see," he smiled, not feeling the need for her to give him anything in return. Finally, he led her towards his room already thinking about the breakfast he'd make for her in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:58 pm

The blush from Zander made Victoria wonder for a moment why he was blushing at the talk of seeing him at the book store, but Victoria decided not to question it, it was probably not something worth worrying about, anyway.

After giving up on the notion of getting in to the room, Zander had commented on a boyfriend, and Victoria let out a very soft giggle at the idea. "Oh no." Victoria said, shaking her head at the thought. "You're quite safe in that respect. I've never had a boyfriend." The witch explained, smiling warmly. To her, relationships were something that had missed her, they had happened to her friends, but Victoria had never been in a relationship. Not that she minded, she studied way too hard for such things to get precedence in her life.

"The only men in my life are Jake and my daddy." Victoria insisted, following Zander to his room. "And, both of them are great, so you're quite safe." She finalised as they entered his apartment. After a quick show of the places she would need, Victoria had thanked Zander once more, and made herself comfortable on the sofa with a blanket, thanking Merlin for the luck she'd run in to with her new friend.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2