Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:58 pm

The Ministry of Magic had been under such duress since the start of April. Kamren's name had been slapped across the front page of every newspaper when the leak from St Mungo's had been found. It didn't both Kamren, oh no, he knew the papers would try to make him out as a monster when he'd only been trying to stop panic from spreading through their community, but the word had gotten out.

And he wasn't alone in that respect, either.

Clarinda, his dear Clarinda, had been doubling her own efforts at work, making sure the sickness (which had claimed a couple more people now) didn't spread further than the Magic Bugs & Diseases ward. Kamren worried for her health endlessly, and had (on more than one occasion) thought about asking her to stay away from work. From the illness that had no cure as of yet. But Kamren knew that asking that of his wife would be like asking her to take her own life in that instant, she wouldn't do it. Clarinda could help those people, and he would not ask her to stop in her efforts.

So at the end of a very tiring week for the two of them, Kamren had sent a letter to Clarinda (he wasn't sure if she was home, or still in her office) suggesting they go for dinner. Low key, that had been what his note explained, just to their local restaurant that they used to frequent more when they had first known one another. A small, Irish restaurant, authentic and relatively good food.

Muggle, too, so the two of them could just get away from their world for a little while, and just be together.

Kamren had said he would meet her there, already the hour was growing late, and there would be little point in him hurrying home to simply pick her up when they could meet there, and save him five extra minutes at work.

The Minister had finished up his paperwork, checking in with his secretary, Jenkins for his schedule the next day. The younger man had said he had half a dozen meetings with other international ministers, and Kamren had nodded, pulling off his tie and undoing his top button as he said good night and apparated just outside the pub in to an alleyway that was dark enough to conceal the act.

Slipping through the door, Kamren moved to the bar and ordered a glass of Clarinda's favourite red wine - the one that was dry, and not too sweet, the one she always used to order. For himself, he'd ordered the classic Irish beer, Guiness, a guilty pleasure of his own when in the Muggle world.

Now, he simply had to wait for his wife to join him, so they could make their way to the reserved table Kamren had asked for. Their usual table for this restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 am

There was a saying she once read, some muggle thing called 'Murphy's Law' that said "When things go wrong, they all go wrong at the same time," and while many muggle-borns were quoting this around her ward, Clarinda had very quickly put a stop to it. Why focus on the negative when all that did was lead to fear, panic, and worry? It was much more useful to everyone to have nurses and Healers who had a smile on their face and who genuinely believed that things weren't that bad.

Because it was. it had to be, and it would, too. That much Clarinda knew from her years of being alive.

So, despite everything that was going on, the witch had hope. Hope that her husband's name would not be dragged through the dirt for much longer. Hope that the cure for the disease - whatever it was - was going to be found soon. Hope that Lux would grow to become their daughter, and learn that they were for her. And, most of all, hope that in the end everything would be okay.

The letter that came from her husband was not out of the blue - they often went out together in privacy - and her smile turned genuine as she read it in her office. It was the perfect timing, for she had just had to tell the parents of another victim that their daughter had not made it, and her day had not been the best. Not the worst, but not one she'd like to relive. Checking the time, she glanced around the stacks of paper on her desk and sighed. There would be no time to go home and wash up if she were to finish the paperwork.

But Kam understood the importance of her job, and she knew he wouldn't mind her showing up in one of the dresses she kept at work for instances such as this instead of something truly nice. So, seating herself at her desk, Clarinda hurried through all she had to sign as quickly as she could without being careless. As the time neared to leave, she placed the last piece of paper in the 'done' folder and made her way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Apparating to an alley she knew no muggle would see her suddenly appear in, Clarinda made her way over to the front of the restaurant, smiling widely as she saw her husband standing there. Moving up to him, she automatically slid her hand into his the moment they were close enough, and leaned over to give him a peck on his lips. "How was your day, dear?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:11 am

Kamren didn't have to wait long for the appearance of his wife - he knew he wouldn't have to, she was always there. She looked as beautiful as ever, and no clothes could ever change that. Dressed up to the nines, or just woken up in her pyjamas, Kamren didn't see any difference. He loved his wife for her, not her looks.

The stress of the day seemed to fade - even after all the years they'd been married, Clarinda still made him happy, and focus on her, as if nothing else in the world mattered.

After the light kiss - that drop kicked the very last piece of stress in his shoulders to the following Monday - Kamren gave her a warm smile. "My day is much better now." He admitted softly, bringing his wife's hand up to his lips and pressing a soft kiss there. "I hope I didn't pull you away from too much work this evening?" Kamren added, passing Clarinda her drink before picking up his own and showing her to their table.

Only for the reason that the pub had booths rather than single chairs, Kamren sat down at the same time as his wife. All the other times he would have gotten her chair for her, and made sure she was sat comfortably before thinking of himself. But that was not tonight. "I thought it would be nice to have dinner made for us tonight, I think we both deserve a rest." Kamren explained in respect of the impromptu dinner date.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Smiling at her husband, Clarinda felt all the weight of her day and all the stress and worry faded, replaced with a feeling of warmth and security. All the bad in the world could not and would not ever be able to truly get her down, for it was her husband who sustained her. Love conquers all was something they believed, and it was true - their love was stronger than anything evil in the world.

"As is mine," she said, truly meaning her words. Accepting her drink, Clarinda shook her head. "Never," she replied. "I always have time for you, Kam, and you know it."

Their regular table had been booked, and she sat opposite Kamren, thankful for one familiar light in all the rush of events that had been taking place. What with people falling sick and the news being unkind towards her husband (and therefore, her, for he was her better half), things had been unpredictable and bumpy. But, they would get through it together - that much, she was sure of.

"I agree," she told him, fixing her gaze not on the surroundings, but on her husband. "It's been a long week," she admitted. She never let her anxiety show at home, especially around Lux, but now that the pair were alone, she had no problem being honest with Kam.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:24 am

Kamren gave a small smile as his wife insisted that there was always time for him. "At the moment, I would wager you have a lot to do. So I'm grateful that you have spared me this time." Kamren responded, knowing better than anyone that both there time was hard pressed.

But if you didn't make time for the ones you loved, Kamren believed that you couldn't possibly have loved them as deeply as you had insisted.

At the admittance of a long week, Kamren could see the stress in his wife. Not that he'd been blind to it before, of course. Reaching a hand across the table for hers, Kamren gave her a reassuring smile. "Is there anything you need at the ward? I can pull a few strings if it'll help?" Kamren asked her, knowing that he could and would bend the rules if his wife needed him to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)   Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Slow Things Back Down for Us (Clarinda & Kamren)
Page 1 of 1