Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:07 pm

There wasn't a whole lot of things that made Gavin angry, he was normally a very level headed individual. Though on days like today, mornings after his monthly ordeal--he was much more irritable than normal. Waking up in the middle of the woods naked and covered in blood with the sickening taste of raw meat in your mouth would be a concern for most people, however for Gavin it was standard procedure at this point. He couldn't understand why the sun always seemed to shine brighter and the birds chirp louder on the mornings after his change, or why he seemed to have the intent of single handedly lowering the deer population in his other form.

The trek through the woods to where he'd stashed his clothes for the night did nothing to improve his mood, as he received new scratches from the branches hitting his uncovered body. All that kept him moving forward was the though of making it home and cuddling up under his blankets as his body recovered from its torturous change. Though he knew it'd e awhile before he actually got to sleep. He still had the monthly check-in from his est friend. For the last six years almost like clockwork the morning after his change Jake would show up to make sure that Gavin was okay. One of the many ways the older male had been there for Gavin over the years.

Upon arriving at his flat, not bothering to lock the door knowing Jake would be close behind, the first thing Gavin noticed was a pungent stench that seemed to fill the apartment. He immediately assumed that his upstairs neighbors were attempting to cook again, before he realized that the smell was wafting off of him. In the open air it hadn't been noticeable, but in the confined space of his abode it was very much palpable. So before anything else Gavin decided to shower and clean up a little, besides though Jake hadn't ever mentioned it; Gavin was sure he'd appreciate it if he wasn't covered in blood and filth when he showed up.

Gavin remained under the spray of warm water until it ran clear before he started to actually soap himself up and remove the smell that seemed to be clinging to his skin. It took a bit of work, but the nineteen year old finally felt presentable and stumbled out the shower tugging on a pair of boxers and a t-shirt before flopping stomach first onto his bed.

'I hope Jake comes bearing gifts of food,' Gavin thought idily as his stomach growled for actual sustenance as opposed to the raw meat it was currently digesting.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Jake and Gavin had been friends since way back when. Gavin was a couple of years younger than him, but they'd gone to the same school and played on the same Quidditch team. They'd become best friends over the years, and kept in contact after Jake had left to pursue his career in Canada and then over to England with his girlfriend, Marilyn.

They knew almost everything about one another, and it had been a good six years since Jake had found out about Gavin's little problem. His best friend was a werewolf, and despite that scaring him quite a lot, he knew that in his 'right' mind, Gavin wouldn't hurt anybody. The school had their arrangements for Gavin on the full moon, and Jake had always been there for his best friend the next morning with a hearty breakfast and anything else his best friend needed.

And it had continued even after school, no matter where Jake was, he would be there for Gavin the morning after the full moon.

That morning had been no different. After a quick stop at a cafe, picking up a full English breakfast for Gavin and some fruit for himself to tuck in to, Jake had arrived at the apartment his best friend rented. "Gav?" Jake called as he entered the place, not in the least surprised that the door was open. "Just me." He added, not wanting to cause an alarm. "Oh, and breakfast."

The Auror-in-training moved through to the bedroom where he usually found Gavin and smiled at the familiar sight. "You could try to put shorts on or something dude." Jake admonished his best friend, pretending to be disgusted but he'd seen Gavin in less. "One English breakfast. You want tea, or coffee with it?" Jake asked, putting the food down on the bed beside the figure of his best friend.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:38 am

The scent of the food Jake brought with him hit Gavin before anything else, and the low rumbling of his stomach alerted the teen to just how hungry he was. With a slight groan he rolled onto his back so he could sit up and greet his best friend. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the comment about his half dressed state, though he knew the older male was just teasing him. "I'd like to see you get fully dressed when you're sore in places that you didn't even know could be sore." He cracked his neck and let out a groan of relief as some of the tension in his body dissipated.

Reaching over to his nightstand he grinned up at the older male and spoke almost chipperly. "You Jake Newbury are a God among men." He said with a faint smile as he took the breakfast and started voraciously digging in. When asked about his choice of beverage Gavin just raised an eyebrow and laughs almost chocking on the muffin. "You've been in England too long brother. I'll take a coffee with milk and two sugars." And then resumed his enthusiastic eating.

Now that his hunger was being sated, Gavin's senses were clearing up and he could focus on other things. For instance the lingering smell Jake left as he wandered through his house. It was strong and masculine, a smell that Gavin had always associated with comfort. In a lot of ways Jake filled that strong male role model in Gavin's life--a guy for him to look up to. Something he never got from his volatile older brother or absentee father.

"So how're things in Jakeland?" Gavin asked with a yawn speaking loud enough for the other boy to hear. "I take it Marilyn and Victoria are both doing well?" The one good thing about Gavin's little issue is that it gave him at least one day to have Jake to himself, to relax with his best bro and catch up in a safe environment. He wasn't as outgoing as his other friends and would much rather hang out with them one on one in private than as a group in public.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 am

The notion of dressing when aching like a bitch was one Jake wasn't too unfamiliar with. Though he would never play what Gavin went through down for anything. What Gavin experienced every month was probably hell, but Jake liked to keep things as light as possible in the hope it would help his best friend through the ordeal. "Yeah, yeah, stop being a whiner!" Jake teased his best friend. Gavin would know he was teasing he hoped.

As Gavin started on his breakfast, Jake took the orange he'd picked up for himself. "Too long? It's only been..." Jake paused. "Six months, dude. Jeez, time flies." He mused, shaking his head and disappearing towards Gavin's kitchen to make them both a drink. "Two sugars? I know why you never went professional!" Jake called back towards the bedroom. Shaking his head he waited for the kettle to boil and came back with a steaming coffee for his best friend and a tea of his own. Probably Gavin keeping stocked for his sake, or something.

"Jakeland?" Jake asked, quirking an eyebrow at such a term being used. "It's going great." He added a moment later, nodding to himself. "Work is going really well, as well as university. Getting the marks I need to, which is all I need. Clement has been giving me some more work of a higher nature, but nothing too serious." Jake explained, giving a small shrug. "Marilyn is doing great too, she's working almost as much as I do, so we're both quite exhausted by the time we get home, but it's nice.

"And Victoria got Head Girl this year, sixth year! She's doing great, almost all Outstanding in her exams last year. She didn't drop anything though, she's... well, she's mad, if you ask me!" Jake mused, his smile growing at the mention of the two women who meant the world to him.

"What about you? Feeling okay? Need me to get you anything else?" Jake asked, trying to make sure Gavin was going to be alright, though he was in no rush to get anywhere, so he could stay for some time. As always.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:55 pm

In response to Jake's teasing Gavin reacted in the most mature manner he could imagine, he stuck his tongue out at the older boy. "Hey I didn't go pro because I was recruited by the ministry to do a study on their centaur problem." With a soft smile he started digging into the breakfast that Jake had brought him. He wasn't yet accustomed to the traditional English breakfast, but it was infinitely better than having to cook for himself. Though what the red head wouldn't give for a greasy breakfast sandwich from a fast food joint. He casually sipped on the coffee listening to Jake catch him up on what's going on in his life.

"Oh wow, Head Girl," he grinned and sat up a little more, "that's amazing I'll have to get her a little celebratory gift or something. Another stuffed animal, continue my tradition." He ran his fingers through his hair brushing the copper locks from his eyes. "Things are going well man. Work is exciting. I've been working in Galway deep sea exploring searching for new and unchronicled creatures. In fact the next edition of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is going to have me listed as a contributor. And I've found a little bit of a lead on fixing my little problem. Marilyn's great Uncle Ian and his husband were searching for a cure too. If I can get my hand on those research notes. I can pick up where they left off."

He smiled brightly up at Jake setting down the empty coffee mug, "Think about man...I can be normal again." Unfortunately his mind didn't dwell on the good for too long and a frown made its way onto his face. 'Well almost normal...' He thought contemplating on how he'd never be truly normal.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Jake let a soft chuckle escape his lips as Gavin stuck his tongue out, amused by the man's antics and his 'reason' for not going pro. "Yeah, yeah, both landed on our feet, really, didn't we?" Jake asked, amused at the notion of how they'd both achieved something truly great after stepping out from Salem. Though, in Jake's mind, what Gavin had gotten in to was much better than Quidditch could ever be.

"Can't say I'm surprised, to be honest. I mean, she's always been bubbly and so intelligent, I don't know how the school could say no, you know?" Jake asked the man with a small shrug. "She'll definitely like another stuffed animal though, the kid just doesn't seem to want to let them go!" Jake mused, shaking his head at his sister. For someone who was nearing seventeen, you most certainly wouldn't guess it.

Listening to the fact Gavin was going to be in a book, Jake's eyebrows rose. "I don't read books, but that is so cool!" Jake told his best friend, and he meant it. It was an achievement, Gavin had made history, and Jake was... well, he was proud of his bst friend, most definitely proud.

"You reckon there is a cure?" Jake asked his best friend seriously. He honestly thought that if there was a cure to such things then they would have found it by now... But then, he had to remind himself that up until a couple of years ago, he hadn't believed Victoria was going to walk again either.

"Think about man...I can be normal again."

Jake snorted softly - teasingly. "Now that, man, is something you're never going to be!" Jake joked, throwing a small piece of orange peel at his friend. "You match that, for a start!" He added, letting out a laugh that was much too proud of the lame teasing.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Even knowing about Jake's predilection to not reading, his praise of Gavin's accomplishment still filled the boy with a warm sense of joy. He'd probably never admit it aloud for fear of making Jake uncomfortable, but Gavin looked up to the older man. Even if their life paths were different it mattered a lot to him what Jake thought. His grin only got wider as Jake inquired about his desire to find a cure. "Well if there is I'm the man to find it. Your best mate's a genius don't ya know."

His smile faltered and a panic stricken look crossed his face at Jake's crack about him never being normal. 'He doesn't know does he? There's no way...he wouldn't be here if he knew.' Just as soon as it happened Gavin managed to swallow his panic rationalizing that it had been a simple joke on Jake's part. Something to lighten the mood, not him commenting on Gavin's big secret. The thing he was more afraid of people finding out about than his condition.

After calm inf down the thunderous beating of his heart Gavin faked a chortle at the joke and reached up to playfully hit Jake. "Oh you can go fuck yourself bro, I am plenty normal. Some people find red hair quite attractive." Back in the swing of things he stuck his tongue out at Jake and laughed. "Though where those people re hiding I have no idea."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Jake couldn't help but grin at Gavin as he reminded him that he was a genius. Jake had never believed otherwise, of course, but such miracles were difficult to come by. His life had had one miracle already, he only hoped his best friend could find one too. "If you need anything, anything at all, you let me know." Jake told his friend in regards to the research. Gavin could ask him for anything and Jake would do his best to help out, money, resources, contacts... Jake could try.

Jake was oblivious to Gavin's moment of panic, taking more interest in segmenting his orange - probably much to the relief of the younger wizard.

His retort, however, made Jake chuckle softly. "Now, come on man, why would I fuck myself when I have Marilyn?" Jake shot back, not holding back his amusement. The comment on people liking red heads simply made him smile slightly. He knew people found Gavin attractive, it was one of the perks of being a Quidditch player at school, but that was neither here nor there.

"Actually, Gav..." Jake continued on to another topic, sobering up quite a bit because what he wanted to ask was something a little more serious. Something he'd not really thought of doing with anyone else, but something that was niggling at his mind. Turning to his best friend with a look of slight apprehension, Jake decided to go for it. "You know Marilyn and I moved in together six months ago, and our relationship is great." Jake explained, almost sounding like a question, but merely a prelude to what his question actually was.

"How do you know the time is right to take the next step, Gav?" Jake asked, hoping his best friend would know this a bit better than he did, because Jake had no clue who else he could go to without people getting too excited and insisting that right now was the best idea.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:23 pm

"Oh dude," Gavin made an exaggerated face of disgust as he pushed Jake playfully, "I did not need that imagery in my head. Bro rule number one, don't talk about your sex life when your spearing someone I know." In all truthfulness Gavin didn't mind thinking about Jake having sex, he'd have to be a blind man not to see how attractive his best friend was, but picturing him with Marilyn who had been at one point another of his goof friends kind of made him gag. But he smiled through it and glanced over at Jake as he shifted to a serious face.

As it became clearer what exactly Jake was trying to ask him about Gavin quirked an eyebrow. "Okay so you're asking the virgin who's never been on a date for relationship advice...sure makes sense." Not used to seeing Jake get so serious unless something was seriously wrong Gavin tried joking to lighten up the atmosphere a little bit. "And secondly by next step are you talking about marriage man?" He asked trying to bite back the incredulous tone he wanted to ask that in.

"I mean I suppose you too have been together for awhile," he spoke as he stroked his chin in contemplation, "I mean personally I think you're both a little young for wedding bells. And if the time was right you'd just know it man, wouldn't have to ask your perpetually single mate for advice." He reached up with a wince and laid a hanf on Jake's shoulder. "But regardless man know that I'll support you no matter what, and that I damn sure better be the best man."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Jake merely chuckled at his best friend when he playfully shoved him for being a little bit crass. It was truthful though, so very, very truthful. "You're just jealous." Jake responded to the boy's words, shaking his head with a small smile. He knew that Gavin probably wasn't, but Jake could tease no less.

"Okay so you're asking the virgin who's never been on a date for relationship advice...sure makes sense."

"You're still a virgin? Dude." Jake responded to that, taking on his own incredulous tone as he looked at his best friend. He most certainly wasn't trying hard enough if at his age he was still not getting any. Though, Gavin had always been much different in that respect, always a better wingman than someone who was looking to get something.

"And secondly by next step are you talking about marriage man?"

"Well... not marriage, no." Jake replied, shaking his head slightly. "I was just thinking of... well, possibly proposing..." Jake responded, rubbing the back of his neck because it sounded stupid saying it out loud. Well, not stupid, there was nothing stupid about how he felt for Marilyn, but he sounded... He gave up trying to place what he sounded like and bit his lip.

The comment about being too young made Jake chuckle though. "I'm twenty two, man. I'm not getting any younger!" Jake joked, though he didn't feel old, he did feel mature enough to do such things. Sometimes, anyway. The comment about being best man made Jake sober. "Oh, I dunno... You could tell people way too many secrets..." Jake joked before grinning. "Of course you would be." He added only a moment later, because there was no one in the world he would rather have as his best man.

"But seriously, the marriage thing isn't the front of my mind, I just want to... make it somewhat official that I want to spend..." Jake paused, shaking his head. "I just think now is the right time, you know?" Jake finished, rather lamely because talk of feelings was way too uncharacteristic for him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)    Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath (Jake and Gavin)
Page 1 of 1