Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Didnt See You There (Finley)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:32 pm

"I b-bet you have lots of people t-to do that for you, in M-Monaco?"

"Well of course we have people dedicated to such tasks," she responded as if it were obvious. The palace of Monaco was fairly large and it would be impossible to take care of the grounds and the creatures within the grounds without some kind of hired help. Though she remembered that there had been times in which she enjoyed taking care of different creatures.

She recalled that she and her youngest sister, Elodie, once found a litter of crups wandering about. Isaline had wanted to leave them be, claiming that it was not her job to interact with the animals. Elodie had pulled two brushes, handed one to Isaline, and started grooming the crups. Though they were a bit vicious, the crups were rather adorable. Isaline decided that she was not going to disclose this memory. She wanted to keep it for herself.

Isaline laughed gently as the boy explained the sensation of being an animagus. She imagined that it was quite the experience.
"Sounds like fun," She told him. That hadn't been a quick remark to simply get the boy off of the subject. She'd meant the short string of words that'd just jumped off of her crimson lips.
"If you do not mind my asking," She began, unsure of how personal the upcoming question would be. "What is your animagi form?" She couldn't help the fact that she was curious. For some reason she'd found herself fascinated by the fact that this boy was an animagus. She wanted to know everything about it.

"Sh-should I bow, or something, when I f-first address you?"

The Charlot girl wished that she hadn't said anything about being a royal. Though she enjoyed the idea of having people bow down before her, Isaline could not imagine this boy being the type of person whom she would want as a worshiper. Despite her need to be the best at everything, she was beginning to see Finley Allen as an equal of sorts (though she was still slightly better at something, she was sure).

"No, Finley Allen," She told him. "You will not bow when you address me. It seems a bit ridiculous, does it not? I see you as a friend and friends do not bow to their friends."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Finley nodded to show he had listened and understood that Isaline's life back in Monaco was much different to his own life at home. Whilst he envied her the fact she had people to do things for her, Finley wasn't going to hold it against her, after all, you couldn't help what you were born in to.

With the question Finley had not been overly fond of answering, the Ravenclaw Prefect took a moment, obviously hesitating as he tried to decide whether to answer or not. Finley was not a fool, he knew he didn't come across as anything special, but he didn't want to admit that his Animagus form was... well, very, very cute. Looking away from the witch in that moment, Finley let out a small sigh. "My animagus f-form is a chocolate L-Labrador puppy."

The explanation was short, and Finley didn't want to linger on that point too long, but he was quite sure it was not going to be let go of any time soon.

But, the bit that stood out most in the conversation to Finley was the idea of Isaline deciding that they were friends so easily. Finley liked that idea, a lot, and was definitely up for playing the part of her friend. Well, not playing, being her friend. "I l-like that idea." Finley replied, his smile growing on his face as he thought about it. After the break up with Madison, it would definitely be nice to make new friends, and enjoy the short amount of time he had left at Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Isaline saw the boy hesitate for a moment after she expressed further interest in his animagus form. She wondered if talk of this subject made the boy uncomfortable. Perhaps he simply did not discuss this all that often. The girl could not imagine why one would not want to talk about having the ability to become an animal. If she was an animagi, Isaline figured that she would never cease to explain how it worked.

"My animagus f-form is a chocolate L-Labrador puppy."

When Finley spoke, Isaline realized why he had not wanted to share his form with her. She had pictured the Ravenclaw as being something wise and graceful, such as an owl. She hadn't been expecting him to say that he became a puppy.
"It suits you," she told him, making sure to maintain a straight face. Seeing as this response had been unexpected, Isaline had wanted to let out a small burst of laughter. She managed to keep the laugh inside, though. The girl did not want to make Finley feel as if he shouldn't have shared this with her.

"Though they can be rather irritating, puppies are loyal and kind. They are also quite adorable." She decided that this was a good time to smile, she her red lips curled upward, revealing the white of her teeth. "Think of it this way: at least your form isn't something grotesque, like a rat."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Quite honestly, Finley was not sure whether Isaline was teasing him or being serious when she said that his Animagus form suited him. Both routes would have reason, so Finley responded with a small, uncertain smile, not wanting to say something in case he opted for the wrong option.

A moment later, however, Finley realised that Isaline had not been teasing him at all. The traits she listed - especially the last one - made his cheeks flush lightly with the idea of being called adorable. For a moment, Finley thought of arguing about being adorable, but he decided against it a moment later. It would be too much effort to try and win that argument, of that much he was quite sure.

"It c-could be worse." Finley agreed wholeheartedly, pausing for a moment before adding. "I just h-hope that my Animagus f-form grows as I do..." He confessed, because he knew he was still growing, but he wanted his Animagus to do the same.

But, with that part of the conversation done, Finley fell quite, unsure with what else to say in that moment. This conversation had been quite a long one, for Finley, and now he was wavering on what else to do. To say. Hopefully, the witch before him would have an idea, or politely excuse herself so that an awkward silence didn't ensue, because Finley really would have to try to find something to say so that he didn't feel rude.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 am

"I just h-hope that my Animagus f-form grows as I do..."

Isaline wanted to object to this idea that one day his animagus form would grow...that one day he would grow. She wanted to tell Finley that she liked who he was now. She liked the quiet boy that sat before her. She did not want him to get bigger and tougher. She worried that as the boy aged, he would feel the need to become "more of a man." She did not want to see this boy grasping for dominance. She did not want the real world to eat him up and spit him out.

"I want to stay young forever," she confessed. "We are of such a ripe age, Finley. Why must we continue to grow? Personally, I do not want the wrinkles that come with growth. Aging ruins one's skin."

This realization reminded her of a tale she had once heard about a boy by the name of Peter Pan. He stayed young forever and one day he met a beautiful young girl by the name of Wendy. Isaline had never heard the end of this story, but she liked to imagine that the two ended up together. Perhaps Finley would be her Peter Pan.

After the slight pause that came with the end of the Animagi conversation, Isaline could not help but ask a question that had been on her mind for a good portion of their encounter.
"Finley," she began. "Do you have a girlfriend?" This question did not come off as awkward, as it usually would. Isaline did not do awkward.

"I am curious," she laughed. Someone like Finley was a rare find. She figured that most people would try and mold the young boy into something they liked. Hell, if it had been anyone else, Isaline would have done the same thing. This boy seemed to good for molding, though. He seemed capable of being his own person, probably.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 am

The question of growing up that Isaline posed made Finley pause, looking down at his book for a moment. "I've... I've been t-told that... that when y-you grow older speech impediments c-can be grown out of..." The boy explained, though as to whether this was true for Finley, only time would tell. Truthfully, Finley didn't know whether he should get his hopes up about such things, but he tried to be positive.

"But... I d-don't want the responsibility of b-being an adult, either." Finley added, finding himself in something of a checkmate with his wants in the world. Honestly, Finley would have done anything by now to stop his stutter, but the stutter was affected by confidence, and Finley had absolutely no confidence in himself and his abilities, which was why he still had to struggle through conversation with stutters and false starts.

However, Finley had grown enough to actually hold a conversation, when he was younger, he used to be very quiet, so there was some progress, at least.

The comfortable feeling that had been starting to settle over the conversation - Finley had decided that if Isaline had wanted to tease him, she would have done so by now - was washed away only a few moments later as Isaline asked if he had a girlfriend. His heart gave something of a painful lurch as he thought to the recent events in his life, to Madison, and the fact she had left him.

"I..." Finley started, before shaking his head in response to the question. "N-not anymore." He settled for, glancing to the girl. She was curious about his relationship status, but Finley didn't really know why. "Do y-you?" Finley asked, before realising he had asked Isaline if she had a girlfriend. "I mean d-do you have a boy-boyfriend?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:08 pm

When Finley explained his want to grow up, Isaline did not know how to respond. It was not as if she could tell him she understood, because she did not. She did not know what it was like to have something like a stutter keeping you from reaching your full potential, because she was perfect. She had not been born flawed, but Finley had.

Though she did not truly see Finley's stutter as a flaw. An inconvenience, yes, but a flaw? The way Isaline saw it, the stutter was something that made the boy unique. The fact that the boy was still at Hogwarts meant that he'd found ways to overcome the stutter when it came to magic. If anything, it was a symbol of the boy's strength.

When asked about his relationship status, Finley had told her that he did not have a girlfriend anymore.

anymore

But there had been a girl. Isaline figured that the girl had left Finley. He did not seem like to kind of boy who would be able to end a relationship. His confidence didn't appear to have reached that point yet.

"I am sorry," she said genuinely. She did not know what it was like to be broken up with, but she did not imagine it to be pleasant.

"I do not have a boyfriend," she answered, a smile creeping its way across her face. "Or a girlfriend."

Throughout her life, Isaline had had countless hook-ups, but not very many relationships.She'd never met anyone worth keeping around.

With this, the conversation seemed to be losing its momentum. They had tired out most subjects within one conversation and Isaline figured that she would need to come up with some new material.

"It has been a pleasure, Finley Allen," she told the boy. She leaned over and kissed his cheek before heading to her dorm.

A slight blush appeared within her cheeks because she knew that she and Finley Allen would surely meet again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Didnt See You There (Finley)   Didnt See You There (Finley) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Didnt See You There (Finley)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2