Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Letters (Finley) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Letters (Finley) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Letters (Finley) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Letters (Finley) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Letters (Finley) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Letters (Finley)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Dear Finley,

How is your summer going so far? Mine's been very quiet. Mostly, I just read or go out to the woods near my house to study the plants or work in my garden at home with my grandmother. She's also been teaching trying to teach me how to knit, but I don't think it's going very well. The fox I know had kits in the spring. They're young, but they're already starting to look like adults. I took picture to send to you, but Nana told me I had to wait for Da to get home to charm it still since your family are Muggles, so it's not nearly as cute as when they're rolling around and play fighting.

Letters (Finley) 1004

Da's mostly been at work in the Ministry, but he's promised to take me to Diagon Alley to look at the books soon. Maybe we'll see you there? Lucy says hello!

Your Friend,

Naomi

Letters (Finley) 5190030044_115e394c8f_b
(And Lucy!)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Naomi!

I'm so, so, so sorry that I haven't written to you! Well, I had written to you, but my owl has decided to fly off. Mum and dad don't like Speedy being around, and I think he knows that, so I had to hope that you would write so that I could write back immediately. He'd looking at me funny so I'm hoping he won't fly away because I write too slowly!

The work in the garden sounds like great fun! Well, even knitting sounds fun to be honest! Mum and dad haven't really been around yet in the holidays, which is okay, but I don't have much company except from my books. I've read ten already, Naomi! We've only been off on holiday for two weeks!

The foxes look adorable! I wish I had something equally cool to send you, but I can't! Dad says I'm not allowed to use his camera this holiday, I don't know why.

I went to Diagon Alley last week though (I was nervous about not getting all the books for next year, so I went to see Professor Jameson the last day to get the lists. He's a nice man!) and it was possibly the worst day... ever! I ran in to Madison, you probably remember her? Which wasn't too bad, I guess, but she's... well she's terrifying, you know that!

Anyway, before I ran in to Madison, I was talking to this girl in the ice cream shop. And, well... you know how my stutter is... And I tried to keep calm... but it was worse than it had been by the end of the school term...

She laughed at me.

And then asked me what was wrong with my voice.

Is it that bad, Naomi? I... I didn't think... Is it funny?

I'm sorry for asking you, but I don't know who else to talk to about it. Mum and Dad won't listen. And... Well, you know...

Give Lucy a big cuddle from me!

Your friend,

Finley
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Dear Finley,

It's ok that you haven't written! I know owls can be touchy sometimes. Yours is very polite though. He's sitting very nicely on my desk while I write. I'll have to go see if Da keeps any owl treats in the house.

I think the only reason I haven't read as many books as you is because of the gardening and knitting. I've been having a real problem with my snap dragons. They keep getting into fights with my tiger lilies and not even the ivy can sort them out. I may have to separate them soon or they'll tear each other's leaves off. The knitting is going... worse than the gardening actually. I just can't get the hang of it and it's really quite frustrating.

I wonder why your dad won't let you use his camera? Well, it's ok if you can't take any pictures, you can describe things to me later, back at school. Maybe I'll be able to draw some of the things from your descriptions!

I remember Madison. She had a rather... forceful personality, didn't she? She didn't do anything, did she? She didn't make you uncomfortable or anything? I wouldn't put it past her.

Finley, do you know who it was that

Letters (Finley) Paint-splatter-2-md

Sorry, my quill snapped. Who was it that said that? Because she's wrong. Your voice isn't funny, it's just a part of who you are. And there's nothing wrong with having a stutter. You're great just how you are, and besides, you might not even have it when you get older. Plenty of people grow out of them. And if you never do, it won't be a big deal, because you will still be kind and smart and amazing and if people can't see that, then they don't deserve to be your friend.

I will!

Your friend,
Naomi

PS- Do you know anything about Seers? It's
I'm trying to find
The subject interests

Never mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Naomi,

He is well mannered, except with mum and dad. I hope they weren't horrible to him when I sent him home with letters... do you think there is a way of knowing? I don't think mum and dad would... I'm worrying over nothing, aren't I?

Snap dragons? Tiger lillies? That sounds amazing, Naomi! I would love to see it! Perhaps you could get me a picture, or even draw them? I would love to see them! But you'll be able to get the hang of both things, you're really clever! Keep trying!

I don't know, it's so weird... Dad just said I couldn't have it. I think he's a little stressed with work, but I don't really understand. Mum said she wouldn't give it to me behind dad's back either, so it must be serious. It's not as if I've ever broken anything... Well, except my wand, but I got that fixed last summer...

Madison is okay, though, Naomi. I mean, despite knocking me out in Defence Against the Dark Arts, and not telling me that I shouldn't eat the whole of the puking pastille, she's been a good... friend, I guess. And she didn't make me uncomfortable, she just... She helped, I guess. But, I don't really know why. Girls are confusing.

Don't worry about the snap, I cut out the smudge from the letter, and made you something (should be inside the scroll for you!) I don't know if you like it, but I thought it would be nice to make something out of the smudge! It's not anything impressive, but it's better than an ink mark!

Umm, the girl's name was Hailey. She said she didn't mean to be rude. But I worried that she was right. You're right though, I guess, anyone who thinks less of me for my stutter just... isn't worth it, I guess. We can just hope I grow out of them though, so people don't laugh at me. It wasn't nice. And it got worse cus loads of people were looking at us. I just wanted to run, but I didn't want anyone getting hurt either. Not to mention I was so hungry at the time.

From your best friend,

Finley

P.S. What do you want to know about Seers? I don't know much, but I can read up on it. But from what I know... well, Muggles think its a lot of Hocus Pocus, but a lot of wizards really believe in it. I don't know if I believe in them yet, because I haven't met a Seer. They tell the future, I've head... but that's all I know for now.

I'll look it up for you, of course I will! But knowing why would be helpful, then I can focus on certain areas!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Finley,

I don't know if there's a way to tell if owls are getting hurt, although I guess if he went back to your house more than once, he wasn't getting treated too badly. Owls are pretty smart and he wouldn't go back if he was getting hurt.

I'll draw them and send the picture along soon! I put a line of marigolds in the middle, so now the snapdragons are happy and the tiger lilies are basking beneath the sun flowers instead of picking fights.

Do you normally take a lot of pictures with your dad's camera? I don't think I've heard you mention it before. I'd like to see some of the pictures you've taken before sometime! And when how you break your wand?

I guess if you say so. I don't know her all that well, so I can't really pass judgement I suppose. She just always struck me as kind of bossy. I am glad she helped you out, though so I guess she can't be that bad. And all people are confusing.

The drawing is really pretty Finley! I Stuck it to my wall right away. It looks really nice. I didn't know you could draw.

Sometimes people speak without thinking, so I guess it could be something like that. Still, it was quite rude. Did she even apologize? It was rude of the other people to stare as well. I think you can grow out of your stutter eventually. We'll just have to wait and see.

Your best friend,

Naomi

PS- It's nothing really. I just heard that Seers could get visions in their dreams or sometimes when they're awake and I was curious is all. I wanted to know if maybe there was a way to control it or maybe even stop it? I don't want to trouble you though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 pm

Naomi,

I guess you're right about Speedy! He doesn't seem too unhappy! I will have to ask the Owl Emporium when I head in to Diagon Alley to collect some more supplies. They'll know, I hope!

I'm glad you sorted the flowers out! Fighting isn't nice, though it does still sound fun to me, all the gardening, I mean. Hopefully we'll get someone to teach us Herbology better this year, rather than just reading from the textbook like last year! Though, magical plants are much scarier!

Not lots of pictures, no. Only when I see something nice. Last summer I spent a lot of time in the arboretum and got lots of pictures of funny looking trees. I added a copy of one for you to see. But I'm not very good at photography, it's just nice to keep pictures some times. I think I mentioned the arboretum, but I didn't have a picture with me at the time, so this is the explanation!

Maybe you should get to know Madison? Then you'll know for sure if she's bossy? I mean, she must be likable, because she's one of the most popular kids in school! That doesn't come by being nasty to people, does it?

The picture isn't much! It's just a doodle. I can't draw anything complicated, and it took me way longer than I'd care to admit! But I'm glad you like it - though if you pin everything up I send you, you might end up with no space - or lots of holes in the wall!

She did apologise for what she said, and tried to pull my attention away. But I didn't get mad at her, so I'll try to talk to her when we get to school and see if she is always like that, or whether it was a mistake. Maybe...

Yours,

Finley

P.S. I don't think Seers can stop their visions... Controlling them... I don't think you can either. I mean, they just come to Seers at random, or when the vision is important. I'm not being very helpful right now, but I think if Seers are real, they get the visions for a reason, and they should tell people about them.

Is this a school project I didn't hear about?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Finley,

Of course I'm right, I'm always right. Even about owls! (But maybe talking to an expert would be a good idea too.)

Flowers aren't normally this tricky, but they can be a little vain sometimes. Vegetables are easier; they're the sturdy, dependable type. Also a lot less susceptible to magic. Most of my flowers seem like Muggle plants, but they take their names a bit literally. A Herbology teacher would be great, although I did enjoy some independent study time. And it all counted for points!

That's understandable. Interesting trees are good subjects. And I love the picture you sent! The tree looks like it has a shocked face. It went up next to the drawing and I have lots of empty spaces on my walls that you're helping me fill. (I still love the picture, by the way, even if it was just a doodle.)

I could try to get to know Madison, but she's so... confident. I don't think I'd know how to talk to her. Especially because she's one of the popular kids. She's always with other people and I don't know how to approach her. Do you know her? You could introduce me. Maybe.

It sounds like a slip of the tongue, although I don't think that makes it much better. She sounds young, she might just not know how to handle things like that and I'm glad she apologized. But it was still rude.

Best,

Naomi

PS- Thanks. Maybe I'll do some more research on my own.

No, it's a personal project.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Naomi,

Being bigheaded doesn't suit you, just thought I would say! (Mum says it's mean of me to say you're being bigheaded, but I think it's better to be honest with you best friend!) The owl man said that Speedy just needed some special nutrients because he was a little under the weather, but he'd perked up now, so no need to worry!

True about the points, but sometimes I wanna see the plants. Except from Devil's Snare, I had that in my second year and it wasn't nice stuff!

I hope your mum and dad don't mind about us filling your wall! My parents don't let me put things on the wall, so I'm keeping everything you send me in my drawer. I cleared one out especially for my school stuff (the important stuff) and they're all tucked in there!

I kind of know Madison, I guess. She came to visit me in the hospital wing once, and she seems to keep finding me in the library when I'm studying. I'll try to introduce you! Not making promises though, she never seems to turn up in a planned manner!

It's only a week until we're back at school! I'll find you on the Platform and we can get a compartment! Don't be late!

Yours,

Finley

P.S. Let me know what you dig up, I'm interested!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Finley,

Everything suits me, I'm fabulous. But I know what you're talking about and I suppooooooose I'll try to stop. (I'd prefer it if you're honest with me anyway. If you can't tell your best friend the truth, who can you tell?) I'm glad Speedy's feeling better. He seems much happier now.

Don't tell anybody, but I snuck into the greenhouses sometimes to see the plants. Just the non-lethal ones and I was super careful, but it was still probably breaking the rules. It was worth it though, because I got to spend time with plants while learning about them!

No, Da doesn't mind. He lets me decorate my room however I like and we Stick things on with magic so there's no holes in the wall. Maybe when you get older, you can put things on the wall that way and your parents won't mind. Aren't there any Muggle things that you could use that wouldn't leave holes?

It sounds like Madison likes you! She certainly has been talking to you a lot for someone you don't know very well.

I'll see you soon!

Yours,

Naomi

PS- I'll show you on the train.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letters (Finley) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters (Finley)   Letters (Finley) Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters (Finley)
Page 1 of 1