Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Empty
PostSubject: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 9:17 pm

The evening was miserable. A storm had swept in from the North Sea and was terrorising the grounds of Hogwarts. The wind howled around the Ravenclaw Common Room, and reading had become impossible above the din. The common room had turned in to a creche for the kids who were terrified of the rolling thunder in one corner - with the prefects trying to keep them from terrified screams - whilst the other corner was filled with those who liked to scare themselves with ghost stories.

Keona had gone up to bed early - something about a hard day and a headache. Having little and less keeping him in the tower, Christopher had wandered down to the library. Curfew wasn't for a few hours, so he'd found a book - some fantasy novel in a medieval setting, and started to flick through it. He could at least write home to Serafina about his finds, if nothing else this evening.

Christopher had moved to the comfy seating area, and had lead across the sofa. One hand laid behind his head, as the other held his book, eyes moving swiftly across the words. His mind off in the world created by the author, and not on the sounds of those around him.

For once, it would seem, he'd been left alone by the girls who liked to follow him down to Quidditch practice and watch him fly for hours. Even in the rain. A very much appreciated respite!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Severine wasn't super fond of bad weather, in fact it was a bit frightening. When the weather would get bad, Sev used to curl up on the couch with a blanket and her twin sister and play charades until it passed. It kept her mind off the thunder and lightening that was flashing across the sky, however Leoni was no longer at Hogwarts. Severine wrapped in a small blanket and shuddered in her bed. The Gryffindor tower was probably the worst place to be during a storm. She frowned.

Throwing off the blanket, Severine brushed her silky, light hair and headed down to the library. It was nearing curfew of course but there were bound to be plenty of students there. When she got to the library, her suspicions were correct, the library was packed.In fat, there was only one available chair and it was beside someone who looked very relaxed. Severine paraded over to the empty chair and gently placed herself on it, opening up her Potions book but not really studying it.

She probably seemed far too dressed up to be in the library but after Isaline's comment, Severine found herself trying hard again. "My name is Severine Louisa Catherine Frances Charlot, don't mind me, this was the only available spot." Her eyes didn't flick up to the person sitting across from her because it was likely that they just weren't worth her time.

She instead tried to focus on her book instead of the thundering sounds coming from outside the castle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Christopher didn't look up as someone moved close by. He was quite engrossed in his book, truth be told, and very comfortable besides. However, his want to stay engrossed in the book was short lived when the person who had come to sit by him spoke up.

Lifting his eyes from the book, Christopher offered the witch a small smile. "I know who you are." Christopher replied. There was only a small French presence in the school. The Clements, well, you could spot those arrogant children a mile away. Christopher knew better than to get involved with them. There was the Florelle witch who was all but a Clement in name. And then there were the Charlots. Whilst he didn't know them by looks, he knew roughly how old each of them were, which put it down to Severine or her twin. But her twin was not at Hogwarts.

The witch didn't look up, which made Christopher smile as he looked back to his own book. He wasn't about to strike up conversation with someone who thought they were above such things. Arrogance oozed of the witch - Christopher should know - and he simply wasn't in the mood for it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Severine pursed her lips and huffed a bit when she was shut down by a masculine voice. He only thought he knew who she was. He probably heard of the Charlots meaning he was likely a Pureblood. Of course other blood mixes knew of the Charlots as well, but only someone with Pure magical blood would even dare to attempt to the girl in that manner. "Well then if you know me, who are you?" She put her book down and for the first time took in the guy.

When she did, her heart did a little flutter, something she'd never felt before and Severine thought of writing to Isaline to find out what it was. Severine pushed the feeling of her fluttery heart behind her and instead focused on the guy who'd shut her down. He was well kept up, his hair looked neat and he did not look as stern as he sounded. Severine's lips curled up into a smile, she wanted to know this boy.

It was amazing how one phrase could make Severine so eager to strike up a conversation and get to know someone except he seemed to not be interested. However Severine was determined to get him to talk to her, about anything. She'd figure out a way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 10:42 am

At the question of who he was, Christopher smirked, his eyes still on his book and not the witch. How fitting that a witch would come to England, and not bother to look up on the Pureblood families of Britain. Quite pathetic, really. "Well, if you took a moment to step of the pedestal you've seemingly made yourself, and do your reading up on the families of England, you'd know your Purebloods much better. It seems Monaco must be lacking in their teachings. Richardson. Christopher Richardson. Heir to the Richardson fortune, to save you having to read too much." He told her lazily.

It was not a good start, in Christopher's head. If you were too lazy to keep up to date, then you were not in the slightest bit worthwhile.

Looking up to the witch past his book, he noted she'd put her own down, and was smiling at him. Christopher simply quirked an eyebrow at this. "Did you... want something?" He asked, not trying to be rude, but usually girls at least spoke, not just sit and smile. What did they teach girls in Monaco?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Richardson? Severine ran through the mental catalogue of Pureblood families in her head. It sounded vaguely similiar but she wasn't quite sure. "Can't say I've heard of them," she mumbled aloud before her snarked a remark to her. "I don't care to bother myself with reading. Father teaches me things worth knowing," the blonde shrugged, "and I haven't made myself a pedestal." Her tone was one that had a slight huff to the end. Pedestal? What was he talking about?

However, if this guy was in fact an heir, then maybe she should try to get in good with him. It would make Father proud of her for once and maybe even Isa. The thought brought another slight grin to her face before she was interrupted by him.

"Er," she stammered looking at him. Did she want something? "The weather is rather awful isn't it?" Once the question was out, she internally facepalmed. Great job there Charlot. Immediately, she felt a little awkward and wondered if she should excuse herself, but then decided that was no way to make friends.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 pm

The more the French witch spoke, the more stupid she made herself to seem. She hadn't heard of the Richardsons... one of the countries most powerful Pureblood families. She didn't read. And her father, apparently, taught her things worth knowing. No family of Pureblood decent could be that backwards, surely? The comment of not making herself a pedestal simply made the young man laugh a little just because he simply could not comprehend this witch.

Closing the book momentarily, Christopher sat up, turning his attention to the witch and raising a single eyebrow. "I'm very sorry, but you must be the most laughable Pureblood woman I have yet to meet. I appreciate those are harsh words, but if what you're telling me is in fact true... Your family has lost all hope of finding you a good suitor." Christopher told her without hesitation. He wasn't trying to be mean, but this was... so far fetched that he could not believe it. A Charlot? No, he simply couldn't be.

Her question on the weather had Christopher smiling in amusement. This witch was one of many things, an identity thief, an idiot, or just plain useless in conversation. Not what he'd expected in the slightest, but he'd play along. "Yes, the weather is miserable, I'm just thankful I have my books to enlighten me on a subject worth knowing." The Ravenclaw replied, making reference to the witch's comments.

"I assume Gryffindor tower is just as treacherously loud as the Ravenclaw one with the storm?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm

At the small laugh the wizard made out, Severine could tell that this encountering was falling apart. He must think she was absolutely ridiculous, why anyone that was an Heir and didn't know Severine would make Severine laugh so why shouldn't he feel the same. She frowned a tad and stayed quiet, unsure of what to say because for once, Severine's tongue had been gotten by the cat. Surely someone would let Father know that she'd been stupid and it would get her taken away again. Her shoulders slumped but only for a moment before she once again maintained her posture.

She looked up just in time to see Christopher close his book and sit up, giving her attention but when the words flew from his mouth she gaped at him, every part of her being keeping her from crying or getting angry. "My family does not choose who I am to be with." Even if Father wanted to, Severine would disobey. "When I am interested, I wish to find my own partner, it does not please my family but they do not own me."

And then his smile brought about that flippy feeling in her stomach, the one she didn't understand. She made another mental note to talk to Isaline - only because she was the only person Severne was really talking to currently - as soon as possible. She rolled her eyes slightly, a small smile visible. The heat had begun to rise to her face when the flippy feeling start but his comment had made it diminish quite quickly.

"Loud," the girl replied, "the storm is deafening." She shuddered a bit, wondering why it was she hated storms so much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Christopher couldn't help but shake his head as she said her family did not own her. The idea of the Charlot family being some great, powerful family had just faded with each and every word Severine had said. Her parents had lost control of her, and that could only mean the demise of the Charlot name. A pity, he was sure.

As the witch shuddered at the mention of the storm, Christopher could see she didn't like it very much. Perhaps this was the reason behind her complete lack of skills before hand. She was terrified of the storm? Christopher was going to write it off to that much, in an effort to be a little more fair to her.

"Yeah, you can't hear anything in the Tower, hence I came down here to read. What book were you looking at? Anything interesting?" Christopher asked, trying to take the witch's mind off of the storm, in the hopes of helping her out a little.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:33 am

When she saw him shake his head, she felt a feeling a failure. Something she'd never felt before and something she never wanted to feel again. She was failing her family, they'd disown her. She was so stupid. The girl frowned a bit and looked down to her book, wondering if she should've just kept her mouth shut and enjoyed her book. It would've been easier, nonetheless.

Severine tried to hide herself in her thoughts. She tried to think of ways around everything h'd been told. Maybe she could brainwash him or something, then this couldn't get back to her family. But brainwashing him would get her into so much trouble - if she could even perform the spell correctly. How poor would it be if the spell were to counteract and hit her?

"Oh, it's my Potions book," Severine replied, shocked by his sudden change, "I'm not very good at the subject so I try to study when I get a chance." Severine gave a small smile, it was proof that no matter how much she tried to fake it - she wasn't perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)   The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privacy of Books (Christopher & Severine)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next