Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Empty
PostSubject: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Nodding at their professors instructions Marilyn allowed a smile to grace her glossed lips. As much as she'd enjoyed instructing the demonstration she was a Hands-on Kind of woman. And facing her boyfriend wasn't a problem for her, she'd beat him before in Fight Club, and that had been with magic allowed. Mari was trained to fight objectively, almost clinical. But the witch knew Jake sometimes hesitated to do anything that would harm her, so this might not be a real kind of fight...

So before she went to the weapons so they could agree on what to use she murmured softly to Jake, "Forget I'm your girlfriend. Okay? Hurt me, try to beat me, it's just the job." She gave him one subtle reassuring look before her high heels clacked on the floor and she unstrapped the two pistols she had on her thighs, Setting them on Louis' desk for safe keeping, and exchanged them for two of the mocks, also exchanging her dagger on Louis' desk for a mock from the approved weapons. The witch didn't have to ask Louis to use his desk to store her tools, they were priceless and deadly, he knew that.

Her perfectly styled up-do accompanied by her stockings and heels made her look pretty harmless, but looks were decieving. She'd killed before. She'd kill again. It was her job, her family business. And looking fragile was only the start of tricks she had up her delicate Chanel sleeve.

After briefly, mili-seconds really, she decided to begin with no warning. In real life there wouldn't be one either.

"Dead." She was behind him with her blade against his neck. She swerved around his body, pushing him to stumble before oops, he was staring down the barrel of her gun. "Dead."

The girl leapt up, his head between her lower thighs, and turned sharply so his head met the ground, then doing a judo roll off to the side, Standing over him, her gun pointed at his shoulder, his chest and then between his eyes.

"Dead. Come on, Jake"

(Mari's outfit)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm

The notion of what they would be doing next was something that Jake had practiced before - some time that seemed way too long ago for a cause long since forgotten. Jake was less keen now than he had been then because he wasn't really a fighter, he was a defender, always had been. Even his house at Salem had testified to that. But Louis was right, they had to be as good in Muggle combat as they were magical combat.

Jake could work in the defensive manner as much that way as any other.

But when he was put up against Marilyn, Jake had briefly closed his eyes to avoid the look of... well, he couldn't quite explain what that feeling was, but it wasn't a positive one. Marilyn was capable of so much, and he knew he was going to take quite the beating now. But he didn't quibble, he could do well enough, he was sure of that. So, standing and following Marilyn the moment they were told to get on, Jake simply placed his wand on Louis' desk beside Marilyn's weapons because he didn't want for any accidents.

"Forget I'm your girlfriend. Okay? Hurt me, try to beat me, it's just the job."

"I'll try." Jake murmured back, looking over the weapons and frowning slightly before picking up a blade. Guns... no, they weren't his style. They'd barely moved a step before Jake felt the cold bite of metal against his throat.

"Dead."

"Wha-" Jake asked, shaking his head for a moment, pulling away slightly to ready himself. But he was looking down the barrel of the prop gun 'dead' again. There was a brief pause where Jake was about to tell her to wait a moment, but he was muted by the quick movement of the witch, pulling him to the ground quicker than he could have thought possible. The floor collided with his head, causing a soft sound of pain to leave Jake, opening his eyes to find Marilyn stood over him once more, gun poised.

"Dead. Come on, Jake"

Jake shook his head for a moment. "I didn't know we were starting so quickly!" Jake shot back, rubbing his head and getting to his feet.

Or, he at least attempted to, but the witch kicked his leg out from beneath him, the knife in her over hand poised to his chest before she whispered once more. "Dead."

Scowling up at the witch in response, Jake moved his hand over the one she held the knife in - twisting it back in the wrong direction before his other moved to the one with the gun. He knew he was going to lose, Marilyn had training and Jake had none, it was simply the idea of trying not to be too badly humiliated that was driving him. His own weapon... he was quite sure he'd dropped that... Somewhere...

Turning the gun away from both of them, Jake rolled Marilyn off to his right, smacking her hand on the floor to try to get her to drop the gun. The knife was somewhere he couldn't see, but not in her hand. But Marilyn was pinned beneath him so that possibly his make or break right now. Apart from she was stronger.

Moving his free hand to her throat, nothing tight, but in a manner both of them would know to mean he would strangle in this situation, Jake managed one word very softly.

"Dead?"

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:06 pm

He tried to grab her knife Hand and she let him, trying to make it a more even fight otherwise they'd get nothing out of it. It was unfair, she supposed, she could kill everyone in the room apart from Louis in under a Minute and be gone before the last body hit the floor. Jake didn't even like to play wrestle her without kissing her every two seconds.

He'd dropped his knife though, and she mentally marked where it was on the floor as he smacked her gun Hand and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Not a good idea. She did drop it though, but only because she wanted to to do what she would next.

"Dead?"

She gave him a small smile and parted her lips, "It would take too long to strangle me, next time break my neck instead. Because one, if you have a free hand, then so do I" She used her high heel to kick the knife up in the air and caught it with her free Hand, "Two, this is going to hurt, love," She lifted her knee swiftly... to break his hold as he'd undoubtably double over, and rolled him off of her, getting on his back and Holding the blade against his throat, "Dead." She pressed the softest kiss to the back of his neck and got off of him, waiting for him to recover.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Jake had tried - it would take him a while to grow competent in the whole combat training, but he guessed he was living with the best person to learn from. He'd figured he'd done quite well, the weapons were not in Marilyn's hands and he had her pinned enough he could finish this...

"It would take too long to strangle me, next time break my neck instead. Because one, if you have a free hand, then so do I"

Or, he could have done that and been swifter. with a sheepish smile in response to Marilyn's words, he just about realised what she was doing with her foot to try to formulate his next move to block, or...

"Two, this is going to hurt, love,"

Jake's eyes went wide at the connection of Marilyn's knee to his... A small squeak of discomfort left his lips as he rolled him off a little easier than it should have been. The cold of the metal against his skin was the least of Jake's worries as he took a deep breath to try to calm the pain in his groin. Marilyn had moved a moment later - not before placing a kiss on his neck that was probably supposed to help in some manner.

"Please don't do that again." Jake managed as he sat down, blinking a couple of times before getting back up. "Just... say it, and I'll pretend it happens, just please don't do that again." He insisted, using the back of his hand to wipe his eye before leaning down to pick up the knife that had been Marilyn.

"Right..." Jake said, nodding to show he was ready to go again. There was a short pause before Jake launched his knife towards Marilyn's chest, it was hopeful, but he knew he couldn't overpower the witch, so he'd have to try a different approach.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 pm

"Just... say it, and I'll pretend it happens, just please don't do that again."

"You know we're supposed to actually stab each other and such. But alright, I won't do it again." She replied, letting him gather himself and mentally illing him nine and a half times before he gave his okay. She still had his knife, and he had hers.

What had her frowning was when he just threw it straight at her, which she sidestepped, but didn't go in for the kill, too easy. What the hell was he doing? Closing his eyes and hoping for the best? She did use the moment though, slamming straight into him with her knife at his abs, "Dead," But instead of backing off she pulled him towards her to the ground, rolling herself out so he'd hit the ground to the front, leaving her straddling him on top of him, pinning his hands down and dropping her knife far away from them.

She leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Hand to hand. No weapons. Try me." Marilyn smirked slightly and pulled back so they could face each other.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Jake hadn't expected the throw to land, not by a long shot, he'd expected something else to happen completely, but he'd underestimated Marilyn and she was on the charge. His hands tried to hold her off, but Marilyn was more powerful that him, and the knife was on his abs. Never penetrating the skin, but marking her win once more.

A soft sigh of frustration left the young man just before he got thrown forwards, hitting the floor again with a soft groan of pain as Marilyn pinned him down. He was going to ache the next morning, he was quite sure of that much. This was getting frustrating, not because it was Marilyn, but because he was quite sure Clement had done this to show him up. Nobody in the room bar their professor was capable of giving Marilyn a good match, and yet here he was being pressed in to the floor, breathing a little heavier than normal, and feeling a soft burn in his muscles from the physicality of fighting.

"Hand to hand. No weapons. Try me."

"I am trying." Jake insisted with a sigh, getting up from the floor. Stretching slightly, Jake took up the defensive stance he'd seen at the fight club. "I'm fighting a battle I can't win though." He reminded her, a little shorter than he normally would be because he was frustrated, but that wasn't Marilyn's fault. Jake wasn't going to make the first move, instead waiting to defend himself.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:18 pm

"Don't be short with me, I didn't partner us up. And I'll make it up to you," Mari added the last bit in hindsight with a low undertone and a wry look before aiming out a kick to the back of his right knee, using the fact that he was left handed to hopefully unsteady him before she lashed out again, to Twist his left arm behind his back.

Fighting Jake was difficult, because a) she didn't want to actually hurt him and b) she knew he couldn't win and that he knew that as well. And of course it hurt his ego a bit, but on the other hand it was a part of their job. And situations would arise when his chances were lower than others, he'd have to be able to handle that.

Next time she'd ask Louis to Partner with her though.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Jake made no attempt at response to Marilyn's comments. He was frustrated with himself, with Louis, with this whole thing because it was impossible and yet he was supposed to try harder. A cool sweat was already running down his body from the exertion of practicing against Marilyn, and it was starting to get tiresome for him, though he knew Marilyn was enjoying herself.

Not even the comment of making it up later lightened Jake's mood. She was making him look terrible now, and that stung. A lot.

The first move caught the back of Jake's knee, his left foot moving to counter the move and literally put him on the back foot. Marilyn was fast, taking up his arm and twisting it behind his back. It smarted enough, but not so much that Jake was incapacitated. Pulling against her grip in distraction, Jake swept his leg behind him, catching Marilyn's leg and sweeping them from beneath her, wrenching himself free of her grip and turning to face her once more with a small smile on his lips.

Only small because he knew it wouldn't last long.

Instead he stretched out his arm and readied himself once more, vouching not to fall for the same thing twice by being ready, on his toes.

Ready to block her next attack, hopefully blow by blow and show her he wasn't a push over.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:01 am

Louis had given everyone time to have a go, though his eyes kept flickering back to one pair that he knew were the ones to watch. Pausing from his assignment, Louis moved over to Caldwell and Newbury, watching as the witch once more took the young man down.

"Very good, Caldwell." Louis told her, though it wasn't as encouraging as it might have been if this was anyone else. He knew what Marilyn was capable of, and what she was doing was benefiting nobody in this instance. Motioning for the two of them to stand easy for a moment, Louis paused.

"I know what you're capable of, Caldwell, so instead of kicking Newbury's backside again and again, teach him." Louis told her. He wasn't disappointed, he was just pointing out something that neither one of them had thought of. "He's not going to get better if you bruise his ego. Nurture it." The man explained, motioning them to continue.

"Get the defence right first, we can work on the attack later." Louis called, heading back to the others.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:00 pm

"I know what you're capable of, Caldwell, so instead of kicking Newbury's backside again and again, teach him."

Ouch. Marilyn nodded, eyes on Jake, "Yes, Sir." Nothing else needed to be said. He was right, she hadn't thought as a student that she should teach. But she could so she would. And so the rest of the session was spent by her giving Jake tips on better stance and movability, improving his defense in hand-to-hand and with small knives. They big things they could do later. And though she often corrected him, she took Louis' words to heart and gave him praise when it was due as well.

Though it was still far from nurturing his ego, because Marilyn didn't believe coddling would be appriciated by Jake. She treated him with respect, that was far better than nurturing his ego. It would nurture itself as he improved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1   Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caldwell & Newbury Combat 1
Page 1 of 1