Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Empty
PostSubject: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:52 pm

When Prim had been little she had always dreamed of finding out who her parents were but over the years that need diminished slowly before it had completely disappeared when she had arrived at the Magical World only to be thoroughly disappointed when no-one could help her in finding her lineage, all they could tell her that she was a muggleborn, something that made Prim sneer in distaste, as she doubted that a muggleborn would've been able to have control over their magic ever since they were a child.

Ever since she could remember she had been able to wield this mysterious power though naturally, she kept it hidden, afraid that she would be taken to a church to get excorsised or some other bullshit the matron of the orphanage could think off.

She had been a happy child growing up but at the same time, she had been a loner really, not having any friends at the orphanage and only really spending time with her books. When she had received the letter from Hogwarts she had been sure it was some joke but the woman that arrived at the orphanage had proved otherwise and that had opened up a slew of possibilities in finding out her parentage that the, then, eleven year old, had been happy about.

But that same year, her First Year at Hogwarts, she had been informed that no, her lineage couldn't be traced and there was nothing like that at Hogwarts that could help her. It was then that she had been shattered at not being able to even finding out her parents names or at least see if she had some other family.

At least not until now.

Her sixth year at Hogwarts had started out perfectly well, once again she had boarded the train and arrived at the school and once again she slept in her dorm and attended lesson.

At least it was like that for the first quarter of her sixth year. When February came so did a missive from someone, a missive that looked important enough to make Prim stop and stare at the embossed insignia of Gringotts on the envelope and on the wax seal that sealed the letter in the envelope.

She had decided to open the letter after her lessons and she was glad she did as the contents of the letter certainly made Prim angry enough, furious enough, to go on a cursing rampage in one of the empty classrooms where she took refuge.

The spells were flying left, right and centre from her wand and were hitting as many breakable items in the room as they could as the letter's content was burned in her mind.

Miss Primrose Seele-Byrne,

With great regret, we are writing to inform you that your father, Walter Byrne, had recently died due to an accident. We are also writing to inform you that upon his death all of his assets, which are his Gringotts vault in the American Gringotts, his penthouse in America and his car, have all been willed to you along with a letter that he had requested us to send to you should he die before you turn eighteen when he would've officially met with you.

Your father, while a criminal and a Death Eater, was great with handling money so while his vault vaule isn't as high as it would've been had he not strayed from his family, he was still fairly well off thus you will be well off as well.

Before the year is up I implore that you come to Gringotts as soon as possible to finalise your inheritance from your father. Should you not appear at Gringotts within the year, all of the assets of your father will be liquidated and all his monies will be sent to the Ministry.

With Regards,
Ironhawk
Walter Byrne's Account Manager,
Gringotts, America.

As the letter from Gringotts stated they had included the letter from her father and she had yet to read that as the anger and fury at the fact that she had a father overwhelmed her and she didn't think she would be able to stomach reading her father's letter.

Walter Byrne, that was her father. A Death Eater who had strayed from his family and joined a madman on a suicidal mission before he had been forced to flee England to America where he set up a new life and, apparently, had her before he had come back to England just to drop her off at an orphanage here.

Why he couldn't keep her she didn't know and she didn't know if she wanted to know. Everything was just very much confusion to the sixteen year old female who was in such anguish that she didn't even hear the door to the classroom open.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:27 pm

The school was quiet. Much too quiet, and that meant there was something wrong. Jacques had just finished his dinner when he came back to the deserted corridors of the dungeons. It was quiet... until there was the sound of a smash off a corridor that very few people went down without cause. Curiosity growing, Jacques had slipped his wand from his pocket for precautionary measures and moved silently down the corridor until he found the room which was eliciting the noise.

Motioning behind him, Jacques used a Muffling Charm so that others wouldn't be drawn to this moment, and pushed the door of the room just far enough for him to see who was inside.

A Gryffindor witch stood in the middle of the room sending spell after spell at anything and everything that was breakable. Typical, Jacques thought, that it would be a Gryffindor come down to mess the peace of the dungeons.

When the spells seemed to slow - if only a little, Jacques slipped in to the room under the noise of another broken table, and up to the witch who was obviously hurting much too much. Did the Slytherin care? Merlin no. But, Jacques was one who had a thirst for knowledge, and he would play the caring card if it got him that.

Taking the witch by the arms, and using his strength to stop any retaliations, Jacques brought the witch in to his chest. "Hey... Hey, relax, you're gonna hurt someone." The Frenchman cooed softly, hoping to stop the onslaught that had been going on. Moving his hand up to the wand in the witch's hand, Jacques tried to carefully pry the fingers from around it. Without the wand, most witches and wizards were useless.

"How about you give that to me, hmm?" Jacques continued, keeping his voice free of any judgement, just a gentle talking down. His mama had used the technique on him as a child, during a temper tantrum when he could not control himself, and it had worked well enough.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:37 pm

As the spells slowly started dying down, so did Prim's anger; she didn't know why her father abandoned her in London, England but she had a feeling she would find out in the letter that had come with the official notice from Gringotts. If it was just a stupid reason then she would be right in hating her father, however, if it was something that she could understand she would forgive him.

Though as she was about to put down her wand, she was suddenly on her guard when her whole body was suddenly pulled into a clearly male's chest. Her fingers tightened on her wand when the male, one whom she recognized by voice but couldn't put a name to yet, tried taking it away from her.

No way in hell was she going to let the bastard take her only means of protection from her and the way her hand refused to budge from the wands handle certainly spoke of just how much Prim wasn't going to let go off said wand.

"How about no." She spat out coldly, the words ringing in the ominously silent classroom where many broken tables, chairs and bookcases were laying around, making Prim wince on the inside at the amount of Repero's she'd have to use to get them all fixed up.

"I'm not stupid enough to give someone my wand." The words were cold and hissed, her whole body tensing as she waited for whatever this man wanted to do. The familiar feel of the magical signature made her frown though as she wondered just where she had felt it.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Without the words to say that she would not be giving up the wand, Jacques knew that - without wrestling a girl for a wand - she was not going to give it up. The words only confirmed it, and Jacques' hand's instead retreated to her wrists, making sure he wasn't going to get hurt.

The witch's body was bristling, too, and Jacques - whilst very good at Dueling and DADA - was not in the mood for a fight.

"Fine... fine. I'm going to let you go." The Frenchman explained carefully, caution still at a high. "I'd like it very much if you were to put your wand away, and I'll do the same." Jacques explained, his hands slowly letting go of her wrists, and allowing the witch to move away. His wand was at the ready, just in case, and a Shield Spell would go up in an instant if he thought anything fishy was going on.

"I was trying to help." Jacques explained, raising a hand in mock surrender as he waited for the witch to relax completely in what was, now, something of a stand off as he waited for her to comply with his wishes.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm

As her mysterious assailant finally let go off her, Prim relaxed her guard just that tiny bit but she kept her wand in her hand, not actually moving to put it away, at least not until she saw whoever it was that had wanted to take her wand.

With a shuddering breath, the brunette female slowly turned only to come face to face with Jacques Clement, a fellow sixth year, though the male was, naturally, in Slytherin. "Figures..." She muttered annoyingly as she put her wand away, sliding it into the wand holster on her forearm, within easy enough reach to grab for it should her guest try something.

Eyeing Jacques, the female wondered just why it had been him that had stumbled on her little bout of rage but she didn't care to question him, instead she turned her head to the side and, eyeing the damage she did, she pulled her wand out again and with a simple flick of her wrist and a mumbled 'Repero' she watched as everything went back to normal; thankfully she had enough magical power to do it all at once otherwise she was quite sure she would've been standing there for hours just repairing everything magically.

"Good evening Clement," The Gryffindor finally said the moment after everything was put back. "Enjoying yourself?" She asked as she made her way towards the only desk that had survived her rampage where the Gringotts letter was innocently laying with the envelope from her father next to it, though she only went for the plain white envelope with her name written on it.

Primrose
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 9:56 pm

As Primrose finally calmed herself down, Jacques waited for her to turn and said nothing in response to her small comment. She turned back to the mess and started to fix it as Jacques' eyes scanned the room. Noticing the official documentation, the Slytherin waited for the Gryffindor to move off towards the desk before following.

"Seele." Jacques replied to the witch before the question was posed. A smirk pressed itself on to his lips. "Oh, I could be having more fun. You didn't want to play my game." He insisted, leaning on the desk and picking up the opened letter. His eyes scanned it quickly, picking up Walter Byrne, death, inheritance and Gringotts. The Frenchman's eyes narrowed slightly at that, piecing it together before his eyes landed back on the witch before him.

Primrose Seele... A Byrne?

"Though things may have just gotten more interesting..." He corrected himself, pausing for the briefest of seconds before tapping his finger on the envelope with her name on it. "Not gonna open that, Seele-Byrne?" Jacques asked, his own personal information needs the reason for the query.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:45 am

The brunette knew that her comment wasn't needed or wanted but she had been annoyed that Jacques stopped her from continuing her rampage not to mention the fact that he had wanted to take away her wand, which you just did not do, no matter who the hell you were.

"I don't do one-night stands." She retorted sharply even though it wasn't fully true; as long as it was someone who didn't expect anything more from her she didn't mind one night stands but now, she thought with a grimace, the fact that she was a Byrne was revealed to her made her wonder if she should be doing one-night stands.

The brunette flinched and stiffened at Jacques words though her eyes remained on the unopened letter from her father which she wasn't entirely sure she did want to open. But, as she eyed Jacques from the corner of her eye, she didn't think she had a choice in the matter so with grim determination she swiped the letter and snapped the seal open, pulling out the crisp white parchment inside and opening it before her eyes fell on the flawless writing of her father.

She had to say, for a man who had ran away from his family and was supposedly mental for joining the Dark Lord the man's handwriting was very neat; though, she supposed, being of noble blood meant that he had at least had gotten lesson on calligraphy.

Her eyes quickly roved over the content before she went back to the top and started to read it to get the contents of the letter.

Dearest Primrose,

I don't know what I should say to the daughter that I had only spent barely three years with. Do I apologise for my abandoning you? Do I beg for your forgiveness or understanding? I wouldn't be surprised if you just threw this letter away after reading the first words but I hope that you are like your mother and willing to at least try and get to the end before making any sort of decision.

When I had joined the Dark Lord I had no idea what sort of mistake I was making; I was the youngest brother so I, truthfully, had nothing to lose apart from my family. But, now that I look back on my life, I think that was the biggest mistake of my life.

Being forced to flee my own home country for being a Death Eater wasn't something that I thought would happen to me but it did. Now I'm in America, living my life under the radar and hoping that you are having a much better life then I had.

I met your mother as soon as I stepped foot onto American soil, she was a vivacious witch of half-blood heritage who cared not for my Death Eater status as long as I swore a vow to never hurt her. She was a very charming woman with a very fierce personality whom I never dared to cross as she was just as deadly with her wand as with her words.

Unfortunately for you or I, your mother died two years after your birth, a Potions accident some people say but the truth is she was caught by my enemies and tortured and murdered, thankfully without revealing your location or mine. I mourned her and tried taking care of you but parenthood wasn't for me so I thought I would give you up and let you live a life away from all of my misery.

As it stands, I'm glad I gave you up; as barely two months after I left you in England some British Auror's caught wind of me being in America and started hunting me down. I wouldn't wish for you to live the life that I am living now, always on the run and always looking behind my shoulder and wondering when my days will be my last.

I'm not sorry for abandoning you but I'm sorry for not leaving you with my brother; despite not looking eye to eye, I think he would've taken care of you. Alas it's too late to turn back time and do that.

If you receive this letter my dear Prim then it means I died. Not from an accident or because I killed myself but because I had been finally captured and given the Dementors kiss. i hoped that I would've been able to see you one last time yet it seems it's not meant to be.

I left all of my possessions to you and I hope that in time you will be able to forgive me for what I did but I'll understand if you won't.

With regret I must finish this letter as I have no more time.

Take care of yourself Primrose and I pray that you survive the fallout that this will have. Talk to my brother if you have to, show him this letter or go to Gringotts with him and get a blood test done, it will show him the truth.

Your father,
Walter Byrne.

Prim stared at the contents of the letter, not sure as to what she actually felt. Should she be angry with her father? She didn't think so, after all the man had no choice. However she was angry that he hadn't left her with his brother, maybe she would've had a great life with the other Byrne's or maybe she would've been vilified yet she knew you couldn't turn back the time.

Sighing, the woman grimaced and threw the letter on the table; it wouldn't do to wallow in the what if's, it would only make people depressed. Now she knew she had a father and a mother but both were dead and she was an orphan, a fairly well of orphan but an orphan nonetheless.

Now she just didn't know what to do about all that information.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 pm

The comment on one night stands brought a smirk to Jacques lips. "We can make it two, or three, if you'd prefer." Jacques responded, not being thrown off by the oddly sexual notion she had thought he was after in that moment. He hadn't been, but there was nothing more curious than a woman's mind.

The Gryffindor witch took him up on reading the letter - and reading it aloud - in that moment, and Jacques listened with curiosity. Knowledge was power, and Jacques was slowly being given knowledge that none of the outside world could possibly know. Primrose Seele was in fact the daughter of a very dark wizard. Not the darkest in history, sure, but Walter Byrne was up there. Mixed up, as he put it, though, Jacques wasn't sure that he would be able to believe that in a month of Sundays.

"Well," Jacques said as the witch finished, taking the letters from the desk as Primrose discarded them and scanning through them very quickly. "I'd say your father is a lying scumbag. You don't get in to Voldemort's inner circle without meaning to. I mean, yeah, possible he regretted it in the end, but I doubt he was too worried at the time.

"It's a shame your mother's only half-blood. I mean, you could have been rather set had you been Pureblood. A Byrne. It's not a bad place to begin. Though, of course, there's nothing from stopping you from glossing over that part if you wanted to. Merlin knows a number of families have done it over the years." Jacques told her, his tone was flippant, because Jacques could never really do compassion, not even if his life depended on it.

"But, hey, you're somewhat rich, now." Jacques finalised for her, turning back to the witch and placing the letters back on the desk. "Want me to burn them for you? I always find a fire to be relaxing." Jacques suggested, his eyes twinkling with the idea, there was no use in getting upset over spilt milk, after all, nothing Primrose could do would change that.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Prim does nothing but scoff and stared at Jacques with an elegantly arched brow as she tries to make heads or tails of all of this; she had little contact with guys, only really seducing them to bed and then ignoring them, but now that she was talking with Jacques she figured that had been a bad approach as she still had no fucking idea what guys thought. Her blue/grey eyes flickered with some emotion before she turned them to the letter on the desk.

"I didn't know my father so I won't say anything but he probably didn't want to make me hate him any more than I already do by admitting that he did join the Death Eater's out of his own free will." Prim said diplomatically as she went over the entire contents of the letter in her head and decided that she wouldn't hate her father, after all what good was hating a dead man, but she would be indifferent to him ever being mentioned.

"I can gloss over it but being magical means that no matter what your surname gets registered everywhere, I have no doubt that my files have all been updated to include Byrne as well as my father's name. The Goblins know so that means that the Byrne's would've been contacted about a new family member...." She pointed out with a slight grimace. "It's not a bad place to begin but considering the fact that the Byrne's have pretty much slashed Walter Byrne from their family doesn't actually sound all that welcoming to me."

"At least something came out from all that I suppose." She grumbled and waved her hand at the letters; she was already making mental plans to ask for permission to floo to Gringotts for personal matters to sign off on her inheritance from her father. It really wasn't much but she would be set for quite a while and really, she could just invest all of her money into something so that she could have more. "Feel free to burn it; I've got an eidetic memory so I'll remember the contents."
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:50 pm

The scoff from the witch brought a smirk to Jacques lips in that moment. At least this one had a sense of humour, even if she wasn't overly willing to play along. Her loss, though, Jacques figured, he wasn't the one missing out.

The diplomatic statement that followed, however, made Jacques raise an eyebrow. "You sound almost as crowd pleasing as my sister." He told the witch with an air of distaste in his tone. Elenore was a people pleaser, and he did not like it in the slightest. Clements were not people pleasers, but his sister seemed to have missed that memo.

"I'd say the records were updated the Goblins caught wind of this. And I doubt your eyes are the first to rove across that paperwork, if I'm honest. The Goblins wouldn't have wanted to be doing something that could corrupt their good name." Jacques explained, though his distaste for the Goblins was quite clear. Horrible creatures, they were. "I'd say... if you're lucky... you've got a few more hours of freedom before... oh what's his name... Charles Byrne arrives at Hogwarts to discuss this with you. And when he does..." Jacques simply smirked, that was not going to be a fun situation to be in. Primrose... well, she had better get her head around this quickly.

When he was given permission to burn the paperwork, because Primrose would remember it, the boy shook his head. "That takes the fun out of it, if you'll remember it all." He told her, leaving the paperwork be as he turned away and moved to the seat, sitting down in a somewhat too relaxed manner than was expected of a Pureblood such as a Clement.

"You'll forgive me for the bluntness. But, you realise you're a dead girl walking. Either in the literal sense, or the fact the Byrne's are going to turn you in to something you're not." Jacques told the witch, his eyebrow slightly raised as he took her in. It was a shame, really. Such a pretty witch, such passion. Going to waste, and it was out of her control.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)   When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques) Empty

Back to top Go down

When Her World Did a One Eighty (Primrose and Jacques)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next