Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Empty
PostSubject: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

There was just something about Hogwarts in Spring that appealed to the witch; the weather was, naturally, warm at this time of year, the sun shining down and warming you up. It was the perfect weather for just general lazing around outside with a book in hand.

Or at least that was what Roxanne was doing at this moment in time; out on the grounds she had a blanket spread out, a cool bottle of butterbeer next to her, a book propped up on her knees as she lay on the blanket, enjoying the warm spring air and the feel of the sun shining down on her.

Classes had been going alright and the ginger-haired female found herself bored from doing homework all the time that she finally took a book from her trunk and made her way outside. Thankfully there weren't that many people who would bother her so she was free from meddling students trying one thing or another.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Have at least five minute conversation with the first person you see on the grounds.

Corbin relayed the words in his mind, trying to figure out a loophole -- but his friend was too good, and the dare had been explicitly clear. Sighing inwardly, he stepped out into the grounds, looking around. Why he'd agreed to a game of dare with his best mates he never understood; and yet, somehow, each time they asked, he'd join in. Hell, he even initiated some of the games.

As annoying as completing dares were, it was worth it when it was his turn to dish out the dare. After all, he had something particularly nasty in mind for one of them (nothing that would get anyone into (too much) trouble if caught, naturally). They were, end of the day, friends, and they weren't entirely daft.

His eyes scanned the place, falling onto the only person in sight. Letting out a soft cuss under his breath, he noted that she was busy reading, and definitely did not look like she wanted to be interrupted by a stranger -- after all, who, when reading, would want to be? Still, hoping he was wrong, Corbin stepped towards her.

"Excuse me, would you mind if I joined you?" he asked, frowning a little at how ... horribly polite he sounded. "It's just that it's bloody uncomfortable on the ground and your blanket looked like it would help," he added. There, that was better, more like him, and he felt less like a cheat. No, that was something Corbin despised.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

There were quite a few things that annoyed Roxy but nothing annoyed her much more than getting interrupted during her free time when she was reading so when she was approached by someone she was almost ready to tell them to 'fuck off and let me read in peace' before she decided to be social for once, her Father's words echoing in her ears.

"Roxy, du musst mit Menschen deinem Alter interagieren. Ich interessiere mich nicht für Verbindungen; Zu Hause sind Sie die Förstner Erbin, wahr, aber in der Schule sind Sie nur ein normaler Schüler. Lebe dein Leben wie eins."

Putting her bookmark between the pages where she finished, she placed her book beside her and sat up, one leg crossing over the other as she eyed the boy with an arched brow, slight amusement shining in her eyes at his fumbling before she waved her hand at the space next to her.

"Feel free, there's enough room for both of us." She told him demurely, choking slightly on a laugh. Trust a boy in fumbling when asking for joining a girl on a blanket. She was, truthfully, surprised at her own words but at the same time not really; she needed more friends and really, how much longer she could just go on reading? Not very long that was sure. She needed human interaction like every other person.

Tr
Translation to the German:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 pm

In truth, Corbin hadn't expected such an easy 'yes'. It had been a hell of a starter -- honestly, who asked if they could join someone on their blanket? -- and not necessarily a decent one. Still, he didn't let that show, instead plonking himself onto the blanket with a casual smile.

Small talk was... Well, it was something he could do if he really wanted to. It wasn't particularly hard or anything -- but he didn't enjoy it, and since he didn't enjoy it, he didn't do it. Yet, the "five-minute conversation" loomed over his head, and he cussed at his friends mentally.

What was there to talk about? What was there to say? Most of the time he was talking to someone because he wanted and not because he was dared to. And, seeing no other way to start the conversation, he decided for his usual approach for everything -- sheer blunt honesty.

"I'm not going to lie. I'm here on a dare," he started, hand casually resting near his wand; he never knew how some might react, and he wasn't about to get hexed because of this. "My friends dared me to strike up conversation with the first person I saw, and well, you're it." He shrugged. "Don't take it the wrong way. I'm sure I would have talked to you at some point of my own accord."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Roxanne tapped her chin as she stared at the Slytherin in front of her. Why she had said 'yes' would be something that she would question herself on for quite a while but well, it's not like he was being mean or insulting or anything so why shouldn't she say yes?

At the revelation that he was there because of a dare made the ginger-haired female chuckle softly as she spun around to sit facing the boy, her eyes filled with amusement. "Ah, so your friends dared you..." She leant back on her hands and hummed softly. "Well, it's always nice to meet new people, even if it's because of a dare." Her words were teasing as she eyed the Black Lake from the corner of her eye. "Well since you're here.... Do you like swimming?" She decided to start up the conversation otherwise, they just wouldn't get anywhere with this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 8:01 am

She didn't seem to react too negatively, but despite her chuckle, he kept his hand where his wand was -- just in case. If there was one thing he'd learnt from being with so many different females, it was that they were highly unpredictable and much, much more capable of doing harm when upset than otherwise.

(What upset females was another thing altogether; sometimes it seemed that they got angry at the most random of things, as if they flipped a coin when deciding if something riled them up or not. It was something else that Corbin couldn't figure out -- and wasn't particularly interested in, either. After all, it wasn't as though he needed to commit. If they got angry, he'd up and leave. Lucy, of course, was the exception; she seemed to be among the few sane females around.)

The question brought a twitch of amusement to his lips and a raise to his eyebrows. What kind of question was that, and especially for a conversation starter? But it was something, and he'd be damned if he could come up with something better. "I suppose," he said. "It's something to do while in the water, but I wouldn't seek it out."

Pausing, he turned to look at her, smirking a little. "So, miss doesn't-mind-being-the-subject-of-a-dare, do you have a name or do I have to keep using that fudging stupid nickname?"

[[OOC: As I'm not comfortable with the f word (and, I've realised, even with just putting the dashes) I'm going to be substituting it with fudge and freak. Corbin wanted me to let you know that, IG, he isn't actually saying that but the ACTUAL f-bomb.]]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 am

Roxanne wasn't the typical type of girl who would get annoyed or angry simply because someone said something or did something that tickled her the wrong way. She simply preferred using words to get her point across, even if at times those words tended to get her in trouble, she wouldn't care, not really.

"Hmm... I enjoy swimming, gives me a sense of freedom in the water and keeps my figure." She hummed softly as she rolled her neck, enoying the cracks that sounded from her bones clicking into place.

Her lips tilted into a quirk of a smile at his question. "Roxanne... Or Roxy for short if you prefer." She introduced herself, deciding to forgo her surname, there was no point in using her surname in this situation. Not unless the person she was talking to introduced themselves with a surname as well. "And yours?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)   Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Warm Weather and Meeting New People (Roxy and Corbin)
Page 1 of 1