Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting New People (Alyssa)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meeting New People (Alyssa) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm

With the term now closing, Jake had made a point of collecting all of Marilyn's and his own borrowed books from the library to return to the university's library. Neither of them had brought them new because there was little and less point. Laws changed, and their work changed with the times for the most part.

Jake, for the most part, didn't attend the library very often, he found it quite a boring place to be, and the people in there were quite stuffy. Though, in fairness, he hadn't minded going to the library so much with his little sister when he was back at Salem, but that seemed like a whole world away now.

Heading in to the library with a copious pile of books, Jake moved to the front desk and put them down as quietly as he could, handing his and Marilyn's library cards over for the witch behind the desk to deal with.

Hopefully this wouldn't take long, because Jake had a lot of things to do.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meeting New People (Alyssa) Rsz_1j10

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm

It was Alyssa's first day at the University, and the first place that she visited was their library, being an avid reader, it was only common for her to go to every single library that she was able to go to, and read just about every book she could. But today, she was interested in reading about dragons in Asia. Once she got to the library, her eyes widened in amazement at the size of it. It was probably twice as big as the library at her house, she mused to herself as she looked around the facility. She knew that she couldn't possibly know the exact whereabouts of where the books that she wanted were, so she decided to inquire about its location over by the librarian.

When she walked towards the librarian, she saw a male in front of her, waiting for what seemed to be his library cards. "Um, excuse me," she said, her voice soft, but loud enough to capture his attention."But do you know where to find books about dragons? Specifically dragons that come from Asia?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 5:26 pm

As the books were scanned back in (in something of a long winded process that was apparently necessary for him to witness), Jake noted a witch heading towards the desk. He managed a small, polite smile in her direction before concentrating back on the librarian.

However, it seemed he was mistaken for staff a moment later as the witch he'd smiled at only moments before asked him a question in respect of the location of the books. With a small, sheepish laugh, Jake shrugged. "I'm sorry, I don't know." The ex-Quidditch star responded, giving the witch an apologetic smile.

"I personally ask Martha." Jake explained, motioning to the witch behind the desk, who looked up over her spectacles at the witch.

"Third aisle, should be the second shelf in." The greying witch explained, turning her attention back to Jake. "Is there anything else I can do for you, Mr Newbury?" The librarian asked, finishing up the process of recording the books back in to the library.

"No thanks, Martha. I'll see you next term for my books though, I'm sure!" Jake told the witch with a warm smile. Turning away from the desk, Jake offered the witch who'd asked him a question a small smile. "Sorry I couldn't help." He told the witch, readying himself to leave.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 11:22 am

Alyssa smiled at the wizard politely."Oh, it's alright," she said with a polite tone. She bit her lip as she wondered about where she would be going after checking out some books. She was worried that she might get lost, and she hated the feeling of being lost in a big place.

She twiddled her thumbs, slightly nervous at the fact that she had no choice but to talk to the male. Yes, she would have asked the librarian, but the lady was already preoccupied at the moment with another student. She stopped him as he was just about to get going."Excuse me, um... Whatever your name is. I'm Alyssa Ven, and I would really like it if you could somehow give me a tour of the University. You see, I just got here today, and I'm not really fond of going around new places on my own," she explained."And also, maybe I'd just like to make a friend while I'm at it too." she smiled sheepishly, rubbing the crook of her neck.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 pm

The comment that it was alright brought a small smile to Jake's lips, with him definitely being ready to head off now. He was sure he had a list somewhere in his jacket of the things he needed to pick up for Marilyn whilst she was at work. And Merlin he hoped it wasn't anything embarrassing!

However, the young man was once again pulled out of his own thoughts by the witch beside him. "Oh, sorry. My name is Jake, Jake Newbury." He introduced himself, holding out his hand towards the witch for a handshake. Seemed the right thing to do in that moment.

The question of a tour was somewhat surprising to Jake. In all honesty he didn't know the campus overly well, but he could pick out the important buildings the witch should know. "Okay..." Jake agreed a moment later, tentative to say the least, but that wasn't overly important at the moment.

"I can point out the main buildings to you, that's not a problem." Jake added a moment later, not passing comment on the last statement because he took that as a given for the most part.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Alyssa shook his hand firmly, giving him another polite smile."Nice to meet you, Jake," she said, before pulling back her hand and shoving it in her pocket. She bit her lip as she noticed his hesitation, and frowned slightly."Um... It's alright if you don't want to, you seem busy anyways." She said softly, looking down at the ground, unsure of what to do next.

It wasn't a surprise that she would act like this, and no matter how much she tried, she couldn't help herself from being this shy. She hated it so much. She was always like this around people she never talked to before. She always thought she was a burden, and because of this, she rarely had anyone to talk to. Even from her old University. She just hoped that he would be the first person that she could be friends with. At least she wouldn't feel so out of place.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm

"Um... It's alright if you don't want to, you seem busy anyways."

"Oh, no, sorry, that wasn't why I hesitated!" Jake insisted to the witch a moment later, shaking his head. "I hesitated because I'm probably not the best to ask!" Jake explained, shaking his head with a smile. "I don't like on Campus, you see, so I'm not overly savvy on the whereabouts of everything. But I can show you some of the main places!"

With a smile, Jake paused, thinking for a moment. "Are you living on campus? If you are, I'm going to guess you already know where all the flats and stuff are, so I won't need to show you that." Jake said, more for his own benefit than the witch's in all honesty.

"But I can show you the cafeteria and the general location of each faculty at the university. What are you majoring in?" Jake asked, motioning for the witch to follow him as he started to move towards the door of the library, tucking away his shopping list that could wait a short while longer.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Alyssa let out a small sigh of relief as she heard him explaining to her why he acted like that, and smiled happily. She nodded, and laughed a little nervously for her preemptive thinking. "Oh! I thought you were busy, sorry for that," she apologized, before flashing him a cheeky smile.

She shook her head when he asked her if she lived on campus, and replied,"No, I do not. Mor (mother) and Far ( father ) would never allow it. And even by asking my ældre brødre ( older brothers ) to persuade them, even they won't agree to it. So basically, I'm stuck with them, but I don't mind," she explained, feeling a little more confident in talking to him.

She followed him out of the library, not noticing him slip a piece of paper into his pocket."Oh, my major? I'm majoring in Healing, so that I can either work in Hogwarts as a Healer or teach other people about healing. I know a bit of healing though, because I used to go to St. Mungo's on occasion." She said with a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Jake waved away the apology, there wasn't really a need for the apology, but he didn't want to tell the witch that. When she explained (with some words he didn't understand) that she didn't live on campus, he guessed the words were something to do with family of some description.

"Well, that makes it a little easier then. And we have something in common. I live off campus with my girlfriend." Jake explained, offering up something about himself to hopefully be more accommodating.

"Healing?" Jake asked, nodding his approval to the witch's subject as they stepped out in to the main courtyard of the university. "Good major in my opinion. I'm in the Auror programme myself." Jake explained, before motioning to the high rise buildings across the way from them.

"Those are the university living accommodations, they're not great, but I suppose it works for some." He explained with a small smile, remembering a conversation he had with someone else.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Alyssa suddenly realized that she had spoken a bit of Danish, an chuckled nervously."Oh yeah, sorry if I suddenly start talking in gibberish. I was born in Denmark," she explained. She smiled at him mentioning that he had a girlfriend."Ah, really? Nice! If you don't mind, maybe you can tell me about her some time," she grinned. "As for me, I'm still single, although I don't really mind. Besides, I might be too overprotective to him," she said, frowning and letting out a small sigh. She then smiled once more, looking at him as they stepped into the university's main courtyard.

Her eyebrows raised in mild interest as she heard him saying that he was in the Auror programme."Is that so? My ældre brødre are also Aurors," she said happily."Mor and Far wanted me to be one too, but when I said that I wanted to become a Healer, they were sort of cross at me, but they accepted it afterwards. Which, in my part, is a huge relief." She said with a chuckle.

She looked up at the building where the other students were housed, and nodded in agreement."It's true, as long as they have a place to rest their heads, right?" She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting New People (Alyssa)   Meeting New People (Alyssa) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting New People (Alyssa)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next