Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Empty
PostSubject: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am

Sienna was finally free of the constraint of eyes of fellow students and, with that freedom, came the ability to wear whatever she wanted. At school, technically, she could in her off time, but that wasn't proper when there were others watching; after all, she had a reputation to maintain with the Professors. But now that school was over and she was doing her summer shopping, there was nobody to tell her that she was technically breaking school rules with her current outfit and she revelled in the stares it brought from those in the shops.

Sure, she passed the occasional student or two, but those she could ignore and pretend she didn't see -- besides, it was fun seeing them stare at her as though they couldn't believe it was the same person. She hadn't thought what she was wearing was too bad, although it was the furthest she would go at this age. Once she was older, she could experiment with truly revealing things.

Checking her shopping list, she noted that she needed more quills. While hers were perfectly fine, she hated using them after a short while because the feather sort of wilted and the nib wasn't that sharp. As such, Sienna had a tendency to buy hundreds of quills in bulk and went through them rather quickly.

Stepping into the ship, she glanced around. There were a few new designs and a few new colours that she wanted to see, and so, not bothering with a basket (she'd get it shipped directly to school once the next term started) she began to make her way to the tables to test them out.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Jacques had grown tired of being home quite quickly during the holidays. With Elenore now fifteen and steadily hurrying towards her sixteenth birthday, her future was becoming the forefront of everyone's minds. Not to mention the wretched guardianship that resided over Caramarienne's head meant they were also entertaining the multitude of suitor's that wanted to take on her hand in marriage.

Jealousy raged through Jacques like a whirlwind - and yet no one could see that it was doing so outwardly.

Oh, Elenore and Caramarienne had been subjected to a number of choice words from his tongue in the time they'd spent back in Versailles, but neither one of them were so stupid as to try to call him out on it.

And Ellie... Ellie Brennham had done nothing short of a disappearing act on him the moment school had finished. 'Busy' as the witch had put it in the one letter he'd received. There was nothing official there. Jacques would not even say he liked the witch. But, she was a welcome distraction from the world across the Channel.

With the Gryffindor witch out of the question, though, Jacques had to fill his own time. Being apparated back to England by a member of staff - Jacques had to wait until August to get his licence to apparate, the Frenchman had shrugged the man off, and headed in to the nearest shop without really caring for what it sold.

Quills, stationery, parchment and other meaningless items confronted Jacques vision, and he just about managed to stop himself from turning on his heel and walking back out of the shop. But, he needed to lose his chaperone before he could even contemplate Knockturn Alley.

As he perused the aisles - this was a servant's job, not his own, to stock up stationery - Jacques' eyes fell upon another witch. Perhaps somewhere around his age. And... well, she was neither unappealing to the eye, nor dressed in a fashion of modesty. Jacques' eyes took a moment to drink all of that in, the smallest of smirks touching his features. Perhaps Ellie might not be available, but that did not mean he couldn't have fun.

Probably wearing the complete opposite of the witch, despite it being summer, Jacques moved to the shelf beside the witch, glancing over quickly to check if he knew the witch. Ah... Sienna Gibson. Jacques knew of the witch, though other than in class, he hadn't had much opportunity to get to know her. He knew guys flocked to her on mass, though Jacques had never fully understood why.

"Having a good summer, Gibson?" Jacques asked the witch, not playing down the French infliction in his speech that had been resumed from time at home, speaking his first language once again.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 3:00 am

She'd picked out six quills she liked, and was just getting started on testing another one when she felt a pair of eyes on her. It was almost a sixth sense, developed over many years, but Sienna somehow, instinctively, knew when someone was watching her. She paid it no attention; dressed like that, it was a common thing, and if nodody was watching her at some point, it meant she failed in her dressing up.

Glancing down and hiding her action by picking up a quill, she double checked the knot on the bow of her dress. It had been charmed, naturally, to avoid anyone trying to pull it open by anyone other than herself. After all, Sienna wasn't stupid; she knew how ... impatient ... some boys (but never men) could be.

Pretending to examine the quill for a few moments, she let out a soft 'hmm' before placing it back down. Deftly, smoothly, as though a dancer on broadway, she stepped (or rather, practically glided) over to the shelf next to the table she'd been at. She spent a few seconds scanning the shelf before allowing her gaze to travel up to a higher shelf, where she pretended to have noticed something she wanted. It was a row just above reach, and without turning to see if the pair of eyes she felt earlier were still on her body, she reached for it, stretching her hand and body -- and, in the process, hitching up the material of her skirt by the tinest of centimeters -- until her fingers made contact with the bottle of ink. Then, slowly, carefully, she took it into her hand and lowered it.

She hadn't needed said bottle, but she'd put on a show for anyone watching (and, quite possible, gained new watchers), and that was the purpose of it all.

Movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention but she didn't turn or react to it in any way, still pretending to be reading the label on the ink. From what she could tell, it was someone dressed rather formally. He had brown hair, but her peripheral view was not yet trained enough to be able to tell much more than that. It would, in time, as her teachers back home insisted, but as of now, she was still learning the art of observation.

Only when she heard the voice did she turn, slightly, to regard the person there. Jacques Clement, her mind provided at once; how could she not know him? He was a French Pureblood, wealthly, influential, dangerous. At once she shifted gear from casual to serious. He was not one to play lightly. Would she still play him? Of course, there was no doubt about that. But now she knew who she was dealing with, she would put more thought and caution into every word and every action, down to when she breathed.

While the mental shift happened, outwardly, she smiled a relaxed, carefree smile. "Please, Sienna will do fine -- although I can call you 'Clement' should you prefer." She shrugged. "Summer's barely started," she pointed out. "But I do expect to have one." She paused, eyeing him critically. "Speaking of summer, looking at you wear all those layers makes me feel incredibly hot!"
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:19 am

Reading people was an art that Jacques knew very well. Having been taught to do such things from a young age, Jacques was quite apt at the skill by now. So, as Sienna moved - with intention, he was sure - to make best use of her womanly assets, Jacques knew what kind of card she was trying to play. Well,
at least she was suggesting an interest in those kind of things, not that Jacques would be so easy to mould to her wants.

He'd heard rumours - that had never been confirmed - that Sienna had the blood of a Veela running through her veins. He'd heard, also, that she was some kind of depiction of a goddess sent to this world to pray on men. And, then he'd heard the rumour that she was some kind of mythical beast that prayed on men, and tore them apart once she had 'her way' with them. Did Jacques believe these rumours?
No. Until he knew the facts, he would only take the rumours with a pinch of salt.

Although, he would never be completely relaxed around the girl.

Ignoring the comment on her preference of name - Jacques didn't give two hoots what she preferred - he took in her comment about summer barely beginning with a wry smile. "Whilst that's true, it doesn't mean some of it hasn't passed."
Jacques replied, without much conviction in the words. He wasn't going to get in to a debate about that much.

Jacques allowed a small, soft laugh at the comment on his attire, shaking his head at the witch's apparent sense of humour. "I would love to admit that England is warm enough for less clothing. But when you're used to the heats of the French coast in the summer, this weather is nothing." Jacques explained, though really he was dressed as he was because he was a Clement. A Clement could not be seen half naked in the streets.

"And, I'm sure my attire is not what is making you hot." Jacques added, allowing her to make what she would of that comment.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

Her lips twitched into a smile at his words. A few days wasn't much time, although he had a point. So far, she hadn't done much but shopping and some light recon work on possible target locations. She'd been right in her assumption that her parents had set a quota for her to reach -- a mere twenty thousand, something easily done should she put effort into it -- and she had scouted out possible locations. It seemed New York would be a good start, followed by Sin City or Miami. If she played her cards right, she'd have that amount in her pocket by the end of a week.

But that would require the right outfits and a tonne of makeup to age herself up by just a bit. False IDs were easy enough, although her parents always made her buy them instead of giving them to her. She had the cash to spare, of course, but she planned on making it back.

She said none of this, however, instead dipping her head slightly in acknowledgement of his words. "What about you?" she asked, posing the question back to him.

Taking note of his comment, she mulled over it. France was not somewhere she'd considered for her work, but now that he'd mentioned the country, her mind was already whirlling. Technically speaking, her parents hadn't said she had to stay in America, and although she was certain they wouldn't appreciate her taking jobs to another country just yet, they hadn't specified it and she could always play the innocent card.

Act first, apologise later, after all.

And the French accent was rather appealing, too. It wouldn't be too hard to find some nice young rich Frenchman to help out a lost tourist... She pushed the idea aside for the time being. Later, she'd explore it more, see if it was a real possiblity or not.

"It's not too bad in America," she said. "Worse than here, though, but the beaches..." She smiled a little. "Perfect tanning weather." She made it sound casual, a throw-away thought, but honestly, she knew the male mind. A comment about tanning would automatically bring up the assumption of bikinis, and with that came... well, whatever image they wanted to concoct.

His comment brought a genuine smirk to her lips, although she bit it back somewhat. Calmly, casually, she brought her eyes to meet his. "Oh?" she asked, freigning innocence. "What would you say is?"
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Jacques considered the witch for a moment when she asked about his summer, before deciding it wouldn't hurt to just go with an actual answer, rather than something vague. "Between a younger sister having her debutante ball and a young witch whom my mother has taken the guardianship over, flouncing around the estate in Versailles discussing which male they would very much like to marry, I have just about had enough 'summer vacation' to last me until the end of my teens."

It would likely be quite clear from those words that there was a hint of jealousy in Jacques' tone. Not because he wanted to be married off, no. He just wanted the attention. He was quite sure the world - or rather France - revolved around him. His coming of age. His rule. His influence on the country. And yet, seemingly, which man gave the best opportunities to his sister, or Caramarienne was being prioritised.

As the witch spoke of America - a place Jacques could not think of a worse location to head to - he simply quirked an eyebrow that showed his interest in the subject, even if it was minuscule. That would denote a summer house out there, or, more likely, that the witch was from America. Pity.

Her attempt at flirting - Jacques figured that was what the comment on tanning had been. A weaker man would have pictured it, but Jacques' interest had dipped upon hearing the American comment, and his mind stayed in the now. It wasn't as if he really needed to imagine it, anyway, Sienna's current attire was not too far off of that of a bikini. A waste of valuable thinking time would have been taken up by that. "I'm sure it is." Jacques had replied lazily to that idea.

The question - with such an innocent infliction on it - made Jacques smile to himself. Someone dressed the way Sienna was could never be as innocent as she was trying to portray, but he let her believe she was pulling the wool over his eyes. "Now, if I were to divulge such things, I think I would be left quite vulnerable to your actions... I don't think I'm going to do that. Maybe we'll just go with the answer of, we both know what makes you hot." Jacques finalised, allowing a smirk to play on his lips momentarily.

"Besides, I'm sure I wouldn't find an original way of saying it. You'll have heard it all before." Jacques added, hinting that perhaps the innocent act she was trying to play was not going to work with him.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:18 am

Her lips curled into a smile at his answer. Blackmail was usually overrated and didn't always yield positive results (and if you weren't careful the mark could grow fed-up and lose the ability to care if their secret got out, and then things really got messy) but Sienna always kept an eye and ear out for any material she could possibly pass on to others. So to hear that a young witch was apparently adopted (or as close to adopted as could be) by the Clement family was rather interesting news. Nothing too surprising or life-changing, but something she would keep her eye on nevertheless.

She also knew how... flighty ... some Pureblood females could be, and to hear they were of marrying age was an added benefit. If anything was to happen -- any major scandal her and her family could profit from -- it was around this age.

But Sienna merely let out a light chuckle, hiding her thoughts and where her mind was bringing her with a shrug. "Well, if you ever need to get away, I know a few places," she offered. Whether this was with her or not, she didn't say; she wanted to see what he made of her offer. That in itself would tell her a lot about his mindset.

When he didn't rise to her bait, she raised an inner eyebrow. If he wasn't that easily swayed, it meant her job was going to be that much more fun -- and, automatically, she raised her mental level. "It's not too bad," she commented. "Although if my parents agree I might be heading to Greece with some friends." If you call people who work for me friends, that is, she added, mentally.

She allowed her eyes to widen ever-so-slightly at his words. "Vulnerable? Whatever did you think I intended on doing?" she asked, although she'd dropped the innocent tone, and her eyes were sparkling with amusement. "Oh, but do I? Do I know, Jacques? Or are you giving me far too much credit?"

His further comment made her laugh. "Oh, believe me -- the moment you think you've heard it all is the day you lose. People tend to be far more creative than some give credit for; try me."
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm

"I'm sure you do." Jacques replied to the witch as she spoke of places to get away. As if he didn't have his own places to exploit if he needed to get away, the Frenchman simply allowed her the ideology in that moment because he was not in the mood to argue other technicalities. It would probably come off with an air of disinterest, and really, it wouldn't be too far from the truth in that matter.

"Greece? Why in Merlin's name would you want to go there?" Jacques asked with a smirk on his features. A country in financial ruin? He couldn't think of anything worse. Yes, there was the history there, but definitely not a place that he would be found in the current situation.

"I never like to second guess a woman's actions." Jacques replied simply. Which was true, to an extent. But, second guessing anyone, even yourself, was a very dangerous game to play, and could make you look much more of a fool if you got it wrong. "But, I can guarantee my words would be used against me, as a minimum."

The amusement in the witch's features about knowing made Jacques smile back in return. Flirting? Oh yes, they were both guilty of that much, but Jacques wasn't going to rise to the bait. Instead, he quirked an eyebrow in response of the witch's words. She could take that to mean whatever she liked, build on it, if she wanted, but Jacques was not going to say more unless she made it an interesting proposition to do so.

"Try you?" Jacques echoed, musing over that point. "I would think that would be a very forward offer when we've only just met. Wouldn't you like dinner first?" Jacques joked, turning his attention to the inks and picking up one of the more expensive varieties for the next school year.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptyThu May 04, 2017 6:40 am

The question about Greece brought a smile to her lips. "Why do you think?" she asked, posing the question back to the male. It wasn't too hard for anyone who knew her, and she let a few moments pass for him to answer. "Cruises," she added, as a clue, a throwaway comment. In truth, it was more the people on said cruises, but that wasn't something Sienna was going to readily admit. But the fact still remained that there were a lot of luxury cruises with a lot of people paying top dollar for it, and that meant a whole bunch of rich males waiting for picking.

Simply put, Greece was a fantastic opportunity to run some games and earn some cold, hard cash.

She laughed, lightly and genuinel, at his statement. "You should second guess them," she said, bluntly, adding a slight wink. "A woman hardly ever says what she means or means what she says; it's the slight nuances of linguistics, you see, that we have seemed to mastered. 'I'm fine' hardly ever means 'I'm fine', and 'Say that again' is usually more of a threat than an order."

Pausing, Sienna lifted a shoulder in a shrug; as she did, the strap of her top slid to the side a little, resting now on the edge of her arm instead of at the top. She did nothing to fix it. "Perhaps I would, perhaps I wouldn't. It's not considered polite to use ones words against someone, unless the situation calls for it. As for me? I prefer to make them use their own words against themselves. Much more rewarding."

Oh yes, she knew she was playing a dangerous game, admitting things like that -- but Jacques, she'd already found, was unlike most people. And that in itself was interesting.

She let her eyes drfit downwards to her own outfit before bringing them back up to meet Jacques'. She very much wanted to dance, right there and then, and properly, not holding back, just to see if he really would manage to hold his own; Veelas, she knew, were even more enthralling when they danced. But she held back from that, and instead nibbled gently on her lower lip for a moment, as if considering his proposition.

"Is that an invitation, Jacques?" she asked, keeping her tone low and soft and -- to those who knew her -- dangerous for any male.
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:57 am

OOC: I am SO sorry, I thought I'd replied to this!

The idea of going on a cruise was perhaps one of the most dull ideas anyone could ever come up with on a holiday. The same people. The same things. The same outlook each day. How could anyone find that kind of thing interesting? Jacques got bored of people within a matter of minutes when they were hosting parties, the idea of being stuck with the same people for weeks... Frightful.

Jacques simply gave the witch a look that showed he didn't see the interest in Greece like she did.

"Oh, believe me, I need no clarification on what women say, and what they mean." Jacques replied to the ever so kind reminder that women never really said precisely what they meant. Living with three women had made that one an obvious one for Jacques to pick up on. Not that he would ever begin to consider discussing such topics. No, he preferred to allow his sister, mother and Caramarienne to believe he didn't understand them. Sienna, well, she could believe of him whatever she wanted.

A shrug, in Jacques world, was not acceptable. That was the only reason his eyes had - briefly - moved to the witch's shoulder. It was not the exposed flesh, oh no, any girl could expose themselves, that did not make them desirable to the Clement heir. Whether Sienna had done that on purpose, he couldn't tell, but only a second after his eyes had taken in the shrug, his eyes moved away. Unfazed.

Instead, the Frenchman took in her words about using people's words against themselves. Manipulation. That was what she had just admitted to, and Jacques... well, Jacques was mildly amused and impressed by that. Of course, without seeing it in action, he couldn't say how good she was at doing so, but if you were confident enough to brag about it...

No comment, though, just information tucked away.

"You can make it an invitation, if you wish. Or, perhaps an offer that was considered, overlooked, and something we simply pretended to have happened so that we're not deemed at an awkward stage." Jacques told her, a smirk playing on his lips slightly. Putting the ink back - it had not been the one he wanted - Jacques turned back to face Sienna. "Your move." He told her, leaving the ball in her park.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]   The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Start of Summer [Jake's Charries]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next