Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Empty
PostSubject: History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)   History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) EmptyWed May 17, 2017 9:09 am

The woman was leaning casually against the dark oak teacher’s desk facing the row of student desks with crossed ankles and a book in her hand. The nail of one index finger was caught in her teeth as her eyes swept back and forth across the pages of the volume reading the information contained within. While clad in standard teaching robes, she had them conformed to her tastes and made of layering blue and green that complimented each other. The blackboard behind her just had the simple Hogwarts, A History written upon it with messy but readable print. While she read, her students filed in and she pretended her heartbeat wasn’t about to jump out of her chest from excitement and fear. This was her first day teaching after all, her son didn’t really count as a student. These children would be her minions for the next year. And they should behave like good minions unless they wanted a swat with a newspaper. That was how one corrected errant behavior wasn’t it? When the last one entered through her door, (or that was the number that was on her roll call sheet) she loudly closed her book and set it on the desk.

Taking an assessing look at the gathered students, she gave them a smile that contained genuine warmth. They were probably just as nervous as she as they did not know her or her teaching style. Perhaps they had dreaded coming to her class in case they were disappointed. Still leaning against her desk, hands behind her now, she started with, “Alright, my name’s Bethany Locke and we’ll have the pleasure or displeasure of knowing each other for the rest of the year.”

Unless they dropped her course or got thrown out for some kind of behavior that was too reminiscent of certain ex-students. “While you have the advantage of knowing each other, or at least some of you, I don’t. So, I would like to know who you are and why you are taking this class. Why it interests you or doesn’t. For example, I am Bethany Locke, as I’d stated. I’m a muggleborn and like history and finding out the nitty gritty details about this wonderful world of ours and how it came to be.”

Nodding at a random student she requested, “You’re up next.”

((ooc: please post your arrival and your answer to the question.))

Last edited by Bethany Locke on Wed May 17, 2017 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)   History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) EmptyWed May 17, 2017 10:32 am

History of Magic was a very iffy class for Stephanie. She enjoyed learning history, she really did, but it all depended on who the professor was. There were some who really made history sound like...history - old, boring, irrelevant, and completely unnecessary. In those classes, Stephanie felt like she learned more on her own instead of listening to the professor drone on and on. But they were having a new professor, and Stephanie hoped by Merlin's metabolic muscles that he - or she - would be fun.

Entering the classroom, she stood still for a moment at the sight of the professor. That certainly was...different. Stephanie, with her eye for fashion, could tell that the professor had altered the robes a bit. Perhaps, this would be an interesting class after all. Choosing a seat at the side of the middle row, Stephanie sat down. The professor started the class and Stephanie grinned at her opening statement, appreciating the humour.

Hearing that Professor Locke was a Muggleborn, Stephanie frowned; a Muggleborn should have no right to teach History of Magic. That had been her initial opinion. But after that fight she'd had with Toryn, she reminded herself not to see through the lens of her childhood beliefs and to instead look at things from a different perspective. She still didn't agree with Toryn on some points, but she couldn't help wanting to see if he was right.

The professor finished speaking and Stephanie raised her eyebrows in slight surprise as she was asked - told actually - to go next. "I'm Stephanie Richardson," she began, not bothering to elaborate that she was a Pureblood. The Richardsons were a very well-known family and Stephanie had yet to meet someone who didn't know who she was. Now, to tackle the next part of the question. She took some time, thinking through her reasons of why she was in this class.

Taking a deep breath, she continued. "I'm taking this class because I have to," she stated. "And also because I like knowing and learning more about how magic began and how it has evolved through the years to become what we know it to be. What I don't like is remembering all the dates and names of certain events."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)   History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Shaun hadn't known what this class would be like having a new teacher and everything, but this wasn't what he'd expected. Having nearly come as she was shutting the door, he flashed her a grin then went to his desk. At her introduction he gaped then bit his lip to keep from grinning. That was rather different. A whole 180 compared to some of the teachers. When she said she was muggleborn, Shaun was relieved because so was he, so it meant that he might find something he liked to do when he graduated after all. Why did he take this course? That was a hard one. Kind of.

At least the Slytherin girl went first and he snickered when she said she was taking it because she had to. The remembering dates and stuff was something that Shaun had a hard time with too. And he thought he'd have a good go at it since he had been all over the place and had to learn a lot of different history, but while he could recall events, the dates were always the hardest. He couldn't even remember that stupid Columbus sailed the ocean blue one right.

When it was his turn, Shaun didn't hesitate. "My name's Shaun Slade, and I'm a muggleborn too." He thought about his answer before shrugging. "I'm taking this class because I'm muggleborn. Need to know what's happening right?"

Flashing a smile he couldn't think of anything else to put in and just nodded. Yup, that was it. Sitting back down his leg began to bounce.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)   History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am

Admin Closure of Class.

Thank you to those who have posted in this class - unfortunately the professor cannot finish up the class, so an admin will close it. Points will be given as follows:

10 points for attendance
5 points for any question being answered
Up to 15 points for participation

Thank you for your participation - this will still count as one of your three classes.

If you have any questions in regards to the points being handed out (either as a student or professor) please contact myself or another admin via PM to discuss them.

House Points
Shaun Slade = 10 points for attendance

Stephanie Richardson = 10 points for attendance

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 10
Hufflepuff: 0
Ravenclaw: 0
Slytherin: 10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)   History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years) Empty

Back to top Go down

History of Magic: Lesson One (All Years)
Page 1 of 1