Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm

James could not recall feeling nervous about anything before, in his life. He'd always oozed confidence, even when he'd spout something stupid or wrong. He was a master at brushing off criticism, his ego, infallible. Until the moment that gorgeous girl winked and offered him a chance to sit beside her.

He pulled up the chair, almost a little too quickly, trying and failing to keep his usual calm and collected appearance. "I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to sit next to you," he replied with a smile instead of his usual smirk. Truth be told, he couldn't imagine a reason why a girl as beautiful as her wouldn't have a date. He expected that boys would be falling all over her. Perhaps she was just highly selective?

"I'm James," he introduced himself "I don't believe we've met- wait. That was meant to be the other way around," he found himself speaking unusually quickly. Shut up he scolded himself. What was it about her that made him so eager, so nervous. It was odd, different. He decided to just hold his hand out to shake. He couldn't clearly remember how a gentleman was supposed to properly greet a lady, he was certain it was something more formal than a handshake. But at that moment, he was more focused on trying not to stare too much. Staring got creepy after all. No one wanted to be remembered as that creepy guy that stared far too much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Sophie laughed at Jerome's answer, glancing at his plate piled high with food. She herself loved food and Gramma had always told her that if she continued eating that much, she would grow fat. But Sophie didn't care. All the workouts she did with Phoenix kept her fit. Plus, she was a growing girl. She needed food.

"Sounds very much like me then," Sophie responded with a grin as she set her drink down before grabbing a plate for herself and picking out a few things that had caught her eye. She didn't take as much as Jerome did, preferring to try a bit of everything and see which one she liked best. There was no point wasting stomach space for something less tasty.

His next question caught her off guard. "Fragrant?" she blurted out, echoing him. Her eyes darted to the glass of liquid she'd put down. Picking it back up, she sniffed it; it still smelled of the barn at home, the cozy and comforting smell of horse and hay. She loved that smell but was rather surprised that someone other than her would call it "fragrant". People who didn't know how to appreciate the smell of horse wouldn't normally describe it that way. "Fragrant" to them was more like roses and perfumes and that nice smelling thing that you put in the car. Even food was "fragrant".

"You think the smell of my Grampa's barn is fragrant?" Sophie questioned. Then she remembered what Professor Loverin had said. This particular drink, Armortia - or something like that - was made to smell like the things a person loved most. Of course, what she loved would differ from what Jerome loved. That made sense. But it was too late to take back what she'd said. Oh, well. There was no shame in what she loved.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Prim hadn't really expected Max to attend the ball, her boyfriend wasn't a conventional boyfriend or even a romantic as such, so she had been, understandably, surprised when she found out that Max was going; she had wanted to question the brunette on whether it was what he wanted to do but she held herself back, at least she would have someone to dance with and have some fun with.

Watching Max, Prim couldn't help but preen at how her boyfriend looked; maybe they didn't match exactly but Max was looking pretty hot in his suit and she couldn't believe that this boy was her boyfriend. She certainly caught a rare specimen of a man and even if he was a little bit innocent in some aspects of dating she didn't mind it in the least.

"Hey sexy," Prim said teasingly as she eyed the boy who was her boyfriend. Oh yes, how glad she was that she caught this handsome specimen of a man as her boyfriend.

"I look...?" She questioned biting on her lower lip and tugging at the edge of her dress; did she look weird? Was it too much? Maybe she should go and change?

Blinking her eyes she took the rose and beamed at Max before sliding it into the bun on her head; the rose blended in perfectly with her curls and her clothes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Being called sexy was something that brought quite the vibrant blush to Max's cheeks as he stood before Primrose with a smile on his lip. He wasn't sure what to do, hearing those words, and his eyes averted from her for a few moments as he tried to settle the flaming cheeks that were more than certainly matching the red in his hair in that moment.

"You look beautiful." Max told her after a moment of hesitation. He had tried to think of something much more original, but his brain didn't seem to want to comply with coming up with original ideas. So, instead, he waited for Prim to take the rose he'd gotten her. It went in her hair -- a most unusual choice, in Max's opinion -- but it only made her look more beautiful than before.

Forgetting -- for a few moments longer -- just what he was supposed to be doing, Max just stood looking at the witch before him, quite taken by her beauty. It was very obvious that Max had caught himself, though, when he jumped from the moment, and held out his hand towards Prim, a sorry written on his face as he quickly played catch up.

"Shall we head down. I wouldn't want you to miss the Ball." Max said, because he was only going for her. Prim's happiness was all he was working on in this Ball, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:25 pm

In all honesty, Carlotta hadn't been surprised to hear that Arthur was here simply for the food. He enjoyed the quiet, she knew. He wasn't much of a social person. But, Carlotta being Carlotta, and that meaning that she had a firm belief that one should stay a little while longer after the food when it came to a dance. It was a dance, so why not dance, even if it was just for a little bit. Surely he could have a night off from studying, just to enjoy himself. Of course, she wouldn't push it if he truly did just want to go back and have some alone time.

"Oh come on... You have to dance, even if it's only for a little bit. It's a dance," she grinned "I mean, think about it. You'll have the rest of the night to yourself, even if you end up staying half an hour or so. Besides, you're already out and dressed for it,"

Truthfully, she was hoping he'd stay out for a bit, then at least she'd have some company, even if it was just for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 2:27 pm

A puzzled look crossed his face when Sophie posed the question about him thinking that her grampa's farm was 'fragrant'. He tilted his head to the side as he scooped some food into his mouth, too hungry to wait to get to a table, before he replied "Wait, your grand dad has a barn that smells like fairy floss?" he asked "That's... How?" he furrowed his brow, genuinely confused. How would it even be possible for a barn to smell like that? Barns usually smelt, well, not so pleasant in his experience.

It hadn't even occurred to him that it might be some magical property in the drink. He supposed the entire idea of real proper magic, as opposed to the sort of magic a magician would perform, hadn't truly sunk in, not yet anyway.

"I mean, well, if it smells like that, it's definitely the most fragrant barn I've ever smelt," he added.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

"You can't dance on a full stomach, Carlotta!" Arthur replied with a smile playing on his lips at the ludicrous idea of dancing now he'd eaten -- and was still eating -- a sizeable portion of food. "Besides that, I don't dance." Arthur finalised, scooping up some more food on his fork and continuing to eat through the plate of food before him.

Carlotta was a very strange girl, Arthur had decided, always asking him to do weird things when he'd already told her of his plans. He didn't like moving away from his plans, they were made for a reason, not just for fun.

"Besides," Arthur continued, swallowing another mouthful before motioning to himself with his fork. "I don't know how to dance, at all, so I am not going to make an idiot of myself in front of the whole school!" He finalised, setting down his knife and fork before pushing his finished plate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)   Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Ball (Open to All Staff & Students)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5