Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Clara Goldstein Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Clara Goldstein Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Clara Goldstein Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Clara Goldstein Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Clara Goldstein Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Clara Goldstein

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Clara Goldstein Rsz_ge10
Full Name: Clara Goldstein
Date of birth: (day, month, year) 16 October, 2008
Birthplace: Bristol, England
Current home: Bristol, England
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Sexual Alignment: Asexual
Wand type: (length, core, type of wood) 12 1/4 inches, unicorn hair, walnut

Clara Goldstein Rsz_ap10
Hair colour and style: Dark brown/black, shoulder length, curly
Eye colour: Brown
Height: 5'2"
Body type: Average. Thin, not particularly athletic, but wiry. Flat-chested, no curves.
Dress sense: Modest. Dark colors, normally black jeans and muggle t-shirts if not wearing Hogwarts robes.
Birthmarks: None.
Tattoos: None.
Scars: One, about 3cm long on upper abdomen. Origin unknown.
Piercings: None.

Clara Goldstein Rsz_pe10

[In this section, please don’t just write one or two words. Explain their likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, positive & negative traits in detail wherever possible; this is for people to get a decent idea of who your character is and what they are like, so please don’t just randomly list things. Also, three is the minimum, please don't be afraid to list more, there will never be limitations to detail on this site!]

-Learning (everything there is learn)
  -Reading (of all kinds, from textbooks to Shakespeare to fantasy novels)
  -Science (especially chemistry and psychology)
  -Math (her father is a calculus professor, so she has been learning math from a young age and is now at about pre-calculus level)
  -Art/sketching (she doodles on most things, and likes to draw geometric shapes and patterns)
  -Riddles (anything that utilizes logic and creativity is her forte, and she also loves wordplay)
  -Potions (upon entering the magical world, she was intrigued by the concept of potion-making, and loved the precision and patience that it required)
  -Logic (she gets supremely frustrated when things don't make sense)
  -Cats (she relates to cats, and has a Turkish Van named Abrasax)

Dislikes: (3 minimum)
  -Boring people (she can't stand people who are predictable or have no depth because she gets bored of them easily)
  -Stupid people (she hates having to explain herself to people, and often thinks of herself as superior to the average children her own age because she thinks they're stupid)
  -Most people in general (she prefers to be alone because social interaction is draining)
  -Small talk (she requires a certain amount of intellectual stimulation from any conversation, and if someone can't provide that, she will get bored and often just walk away if possible)
  -Large social gatherings (because they are often full of boring/stupid people and small talk)
  -Loud noises (she has sensitive ears and is easily overstimulated by loud noise)
  -Group projects (because she has to work with stupid people and often explain herself to them)
  -Sports (she has never been one for physical activity, as she's always preferred to stay inside and read)
  -Meat (she is a staunch vegetarian, just like her parents)

Strengths: (3 minimum)
  -Potions (because she took a liking to them, she studied them extensively and focused on excelling in the field)
  -Logic/Math/Riddles (she has a very logical mind, so she has always been good at applying logic to situations)
  -Sketching (she has been drawing shapes since she was very young, and it is a way for her to anchor her mind so it doesn't wander)
  -Imagination/Creativity (she has a very vivid imagination, and is good at thinking outside the box and applying prior knowledge to new situations)
  -Self-control (she is very disciplined, and has learned to keep her emotions in check)

Weaknesses: (3 minimum)
  -Socially awkward (she cannot pick up on social cues, and often says insensitive things at the wrong time)
  -Terrible at making friends (see above)
  -No concept of manners (she sees herself as above social conventions, as she doesn't see the point--however, this often gets her in trouble for being rude)
  -Bad with plants/most living things (she is terrible at herbology, and she cannot keep plants alive no matter how hard she tries--she once killed a cactus by overwatering it)
  -Bad at flying (she does not trust broomsticks, and is always a bit wobbly in the air)
  -Bad at sports/physical activity (she is not particularly athletic, so she tries to stay away from sports)
  -Poor sense of humor (she can be quite witty, but she often ends up being mean and hurting people's feelings--she doesn't always understand what other people find funny)

Positive traits: (3 minimum)
  -Intelligent/Logical (she has an IQ of around 150)
  -Imaginative/Resourceful (she is good at thinking outside the box, and creatively using whatever is at hand to accomplish her goals)
  -Curious (she has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, so she pursues it in every field)
  -Organized (she cannot abide a mess, and keeps everything tidy)
  -Disciplined (she is good at controlling herself, and practices stoicism--she also likes to meditate)
  -Excellent student (she gets on well with teachers, since her parents are both professors, and she does very well in school because she loves to learn)
  -Passionate about science (when she gets talking about scientific theories, she gets rather excited and it is hard to shut her up)
  -Witty (she is a quick thinker and good with wordplay)

Negative traits: (3 minimum)
  -Rude/Insolent at times (she has no respect for people whom she regards as stupid, nor does she care much for social conventions like manners, so she often says things that get her into trouble)
  -Rather narcissistic (she has a bit of a superiority complex, as she often thinks that she is better than her peers)
  -Reclusive (she does not like to talk to people or socialize in any way)
  -Tries to be funny but often ends up just being mean (and then she gets confused when she gets a negative reaction)
  -Does not understand social cues (at all)

Clara Goldstein Rsz_ba10
[Please write at least 2 detailed paragraphs of your character's general history. This can entail anything from their upbringing, school years and their present. The paragraphs don’t have to be long, but they do need to include details, so that people can get to know your character more.]

It is possible that Clara has some form of high-functioning autism, but she was never diagnosed. Up until age 11, she attended a Montessori school in Bristol, and was encouraged to be passionate about learning. She never had many friends, but she never felt she needed them because "books are better than people anyway." She takes it upon herself to read and learn everything she possibly can about every subject she can possibly think of whenever she's bored. She loves science, especially psychology and chemistry, and dreams of discovering or inventing an entirely new and revolutionary scientific breakthrough, and winning a Nobel prize someday.

She had a relatively normal muggle childhood. Her parents are both university professors. She is an only child, with a family cat named Abrasax, and a small house near the university where her parents work. She always knew that she could make weird things happen whenever she got upset, and ever since she accidentally made all of Marissa Harrison's hair fall out when she was eight years old, she's learned to keep a strict hold on her emotions. She was sceptical when she first got her Hogwarts letter, but she couldn't deny that she had done some unexplainable things, so she quickly accepted magic as a new avenue for discovery, and happily bought as many books as she could afford from Diagon Alley.

Because of her muggle background, she is dedicated to understanding magic on a fundamental level, so she can reconcile the laws of magic with the laws of physics, which seem to contradict each other. Over her past two years at Hogwarts, she has spent a considerable amount of time in the library, researching and theorizing, and trying to figure out how to create new spells.

Clara Goldstein Rsz_fa12
Mother:
   Name: Marina Goldstein
   Living or Deceased: Living
   Blood type or Species: Muggle
   Occupation: Professor of Psychology at the University of Bristol

Father:
   Name: Thomas Goldstein
   Blood type or Species: Muggle

Siblings: N/A
   Name:
   Blood type or Species:

Spouse/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Partner/Fiance: N/A
   Name:
   Blood type or Species:

Children: N/A
   Name:
   Blood type or Species:

Pets:
   Name: Abrasax
   Blood type or Species: Turkish Van (cat)

Clara Goldstein Rsz_fa13
[Please write at least one paragraph on your character's family history. This can include details about how their parents met, their views on the world, their money status, and any other things you find necessary. In situations where characters are orphans, you can write how this came about, be it death of parents or whatever other reasons. Keep in mind that this is to shape your character more, since family has a huge impact on who one is.]

Thomas Goldstein and Marina Goldstein (nee Velazquez) met at Cambridge where they both studied. They are both rather progressive, and they believe in empowering their daughter, Clara, to explore and discover and learn. They are not especially wealthy, nor especially poor, but they want to give Clara the best education possible, often teaching her themselves about their respective areas of expertise. They all love books, and every Sunday they go to the library as a family. They have very interesting intellectual discussions over supper, which they make sure to always eat together, and they respect Clara as a mature and intelligent individual and treat her as an adult. The Goldstein family is very close, and Clara loves her parents more than anything else in the world.

Last edited by Clara Goldstein on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Clara Goldstein Rsz_1r10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 5:47 am

Dear Ms. Goldstein,  

It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to the position of Fifth Year Prefect from Ravenclaw House for the academic year of 2023/2024. The position is an honor awarded to students who show promise both in the field of academics and extracurricular activities. The position is renewable at the end of each academic year should the student continue to perform well and upholds him or herself to the standard expected of a Hogwarts Prefect.

Your duties begin from the first day of term with your specific assignments being given by the current Head Boy and Head Girl. Please report to them on the Hogwarts Express in the Prefect’s Carriage to find out more. The Joint Heads will also be responsible for giving out your assignments over the year and measuring your progress. Their word on how you conduct yourself will go a long way towards my decision in renewing your post for another year. I advise your reach out to them with any questions or concerns you may have for the upcoming year.

All that remains is for me to wish you the best of luck in your journey as a student leader. Do not take this role lightly for it comes with more responsibility than you’ve ever had in your career as a student thus far. I look forwards to seeing you at the start of term.

Adelaide Goshawk
Andrei Kessler

Headmistress
Assistant Headmaster

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Head of Ravenclaw House

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 1:52 pm

13 June, 2019

At 4 o’clock on Thursday afternoon, ten-year-old Clara Goldstein was lying on her stomach on the floor of her living room, reading The Return of the King for the second time, when she heard the doorbell ring. Glancing up, she watched her father fold his newspaper, rise from his seat in the dining room, and walk to the front door. From where she lay, she couldn’t see what was happening, but she could hear her father’s voice, and the deep baritone of a stranger. She listened curiously to the short conversation that ensued, wondering who it could be.

“Hello?” began Mr. Goldstein, opening the door.

“Good afternoon,” said the stranger. “Is this the Goldstein residence?”

“It is, yes. How can I help you?”

“My name is Thaddeus Pritchard, I’m a representative from Hogwarts School. Is your daughter home, by any chance?”

Clara perked up at this. A school? That couldn’t be right, she hadn’t applied to any schools...but the man had confirmed the address. Maybe there was another Goldstein they were looking for? It wasn’t an uncommon surname.

“Clara?” Mr. Goldstein called, summoning her to the door. She scrambled to her feet and poked her head around the corner, assessing the tall, official-looking man at the door before coming to stand beside her father.

The man turned to address her, holding out his hand. “Hello, Clara. I’m--”

“Thaddeus Pritchard. I heard. What’s Hogwarts? I didn’t apply, I think you have the wrong address.”

“Clara!” her father admonished her. She looked up at him with slight confusion before she realized he was probably telling her off for being rude. Whoops.

“Sorry,” she said after a pause. Thaddeus just chuckled.

“May I come in?” the man requested, looking back at Mr. Goldstein. The patriarch of the family considered the strange man for a moment, glanced at his daughter, then opened the door further and stepped aside. Thaddeus crossed the threshold and strode purposefully into the living room, taking a seat on the sofa. Mr. Goldstein sat in the armchair across from him, a befuddled look upon his face, and Clara perched on the arm of her father’s chair, a wary look upon hers. The man smiled and reached into his suit jacket, pulling out a letter in a crisp envelope with a wax seal. He held it out to Clara, and the young girl got up and crossed the room to take it.

She inspected the envelope first. It was addressed in emerald ink to Miss Clara Goldstein, and the address was correct. It was looking more and more likely that they had the right person. She flipped over the envelope to reveal a crest with a lion, a snake, an eagle, and a badger on different coloured backgrounds surrounding the letter H--for Hogwarts, she assumed--and a banner underneath. Looking closer, she was able to read the words “draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.” Never tickle a sleeping dragon? What kind of motto was that? She glanced up at Thaddeus, the scepticism plain on her face. He motioned for her to open it.

Sliding a finger underneath the seal, she broke it open and removed two folded sheets of heavy paper. No, parchment. Who used parchment anymore? The longer she waited for answers, the more questions she accumulated. Clara opened the first letter, her eyebrows climbing up her forehead as she quickly scanned its contents.

At the top of the page, in large letters, were the words “Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

The look she sent her father screamed very clearly, “Why did you let this lunatic into our house?”

Mr. Goldstein had no idea what the letter said, but he nonetheless began to regret his decision to open the front door.

Clara continued reading. She’d apparently been accepted to a school for wizards. The next page held a list of outlandish school supplies, including a pewter cauldron and a pointed cap. If this was a prank, someone had put a ridiculous amount of effort into something that was doomed to fail. No matter how professional the letter looked, or how imaginative it was, Clara wasn’t stupid--one would have to be exceedingly gullible to fall for something this silly.

The motive was hard to discern. For the life of her, she couldn’t think of anyone who would pull this sort of prank on her, or why they would do so. But the fact remained that it was obviously fake. She’d figure out the details later.

She looked up to find ‘Thaddeus’ staring at her. She opened her mouth to say something, but she didn’t quite know where to start.

“Let me get this straight,” she finally began. “‘Hogwarts’ is a school for witches and wizards, and you’re here to convince me that I’m one of them?”

Whatever Mr. Goldstein had expected to hear, that was not it. He looked at his daughter incredulously and rose from his seat, taking the letter from her hand and skimming it for himself. The surprise quickly turned to derisiveness as he peered up at the stranger, adjusting his glasses.

‘Thaddeus’ simply nodded, his face serious. “Yes.”

Clara laughed scornfully. “I may be ten, but I’m not an idiot.”

“Of course you’re not an idiot. You skipped a grade in muggle school, that’s why we approached you a year early.”

“In what school?”

“Muggle. Non-magical.”

“Look,” Clara rolled her eyes, “while I appreciate the world-building you put into this, I’m finding it hard to suspend my disbelief when your magical school requires its students to buy pointed hats.”

“They’re only for special occasions.”

“If that’s all you’re here for,” Mr. Goldstein interrupted, folding the letter back up and tossing it dismissively on the coffee table. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

“If that’s all? Of course that’s not all! I still have to take her shopping, and--”

“You’re not taking my daughter anywhere.” The middle-aged maths professor was by no means intimidating, but his gaze was steady and his voice firm. Clara looked between the two uncomfortably, unsure of how to proceed.

‘Thaddeus’ straightened indignantly. “Mr. Goldstein, I must insist--”

“What are you going to do, turn me into a toad? Get out.”

“You don’t believe me.”

“What gave it away?”

“I can prove that magic is real, if that would help.”

The two Goldsteins gazed at the stranger with identically sceptical expressions. It was Clara who spoke.

“Fine. Prove it.”

“What would you like me to do?”

She narrowed her eyes at him, searching for some kind of trick. She would have expected him to have his own rehearsed routine, but he was asking her for suggestions? Very well, she’d give him a suggestion.

“Make the sofa disappear.”

The man stood up and pulled a stick from his sleeve. Clara raised her eyebrows. He smiled, turned around to face the sofa, pointed his stick/wand/thing, and said, “Evanesco.”

The sofa vanished. Clara blinked. In the back of her mind, she recognized the word as Latin. In the front of her mind, she searched for any way that could have possibly happened without magic.

“Where did it go?” she asked, stepping forward and waving her hand through where the sofa should be. It passed through empty air.

“Nowhere,” said ‘Thaddeus’.

“Well, that’s not possible. The Law of Conservation of Mass states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. It had to have gone somewhere. Can you bring it back?”

“Ah, sort of. Not the exact sofa, but I can conjure a replica.”

She turned to look at him incredulously. If she’d actually believed him capable of vanishing their furniture, she probably would have asked for something different. As it was, the sofa was apparently lost forever. ‘Thaddeus’ shrugged apologetically before waving his wand again with another incantation. The sofa--or a replica, apparently--returned to its original position. She shook her head in disbelief.

“That’s not...that doesn’t make any sense,” she said, looking to her father for support. Mr. Goldstein looked thoroughly perplexed.

‘Thaddeus’ gazed at the two expectantly. Clara, faced with this new evidence, tentatively began to entertain the notion that perhaps this man really was named Thaddeus Pritchard, and he really was telling the truth.

But good scientists never came to their conclusions based off a single test.

“What else can you do?” she asked.

He shrugged. “Lots of things. I can apparate, I can--”

“What's that?”

“Apparation? Like this,” he said, and promptly disappeared with a crack. Clara flinched, then looked around, wondering where he'd gone.

There was a knock at the door. She practically ran around the corner to pull it open, and found him standing on the front step as if he'd never come in at all.

She wondered if she really needed another test. By this point, she was fairly convinced that, if not magic, at least something impossible was happening, and it probably wasn't a prank.

But then came the matter of her acceptance letter. Because, if they assumed for the moment that magic was real, and she had received an invitation to attend a school for it, then that meant…

“Can I do that too?”

She didn't think she'd truly believe that it wasn't some trick unless she did it herself. The existence of magic did, after all, go against everything she'd ever learned or believed. And while scientists were required to accept when their beliefs were debunked, she wasn't sure if that applied when the belief was science itself.

“Eventually, yes,” Thaddeus replied. “Though you'll have to learn how. That's what Hogwarts is for.”

“But how do you know I have the potential?”

“Have you ever noticed strange things happening around you? Maybe when you get upset?”

Clara thought about it, absentmindedly stepping aside to let Thaddeus into the house again, despite her father’s wary expression.

She had, in fact, noticed that weird things happened when she got upset. But correlation was not causation. Had anything happened that couldn't be better explained by something non-magical?

Well there was the time two years ago when all of Marissa Harisson’s hair fell out. Clara had been reading a book during playtime, minding her own business, when Marissa came up behind her and started tugging on her hair. To anyone else, this may have been annoying, but not particularly upsetting. Clara, however, had made it very clear that she despised being touched. It made her skin crawl uncomfortably. When she turned around to tell the other girl to stop, Marissa took her book from her hands to see what she was reading. Clara, frustrated at the girl's lack of a concept of personal space, had yanked Marissa’s hair in return...and then it all fell out. The girl shrieked, called her a freak, and then hid inside the toilets for the rest of the day.

Yes, there wasn't really another explanation for that.

She looked at Thaddeus, then her father, then back to Thaddeus. “So...assuming I can do...magic, what does that entail?”

She had so many questions. Firstly, was there an entire society of magical people that nobody knew existed? And if so, how did people not discover that magic existed, even by accident? And how did magic work anyway? Was it not incompatible with the natural laws of the universe? Were all the great scientists wrong--Newton, and Lavoisier, and Dalton…? No, that couldn't be right. Maybe magic followed similar rules. Maybe the wizards just didn't realize it.

In any case, she needed to learn more.

“Well,” Thaddeus began. “We’d need to go to Diagon Alley to get all of your supplies--with your father's permission, of course,” he said hurriedly, glancing at Mr. Goldstein, “and then, starting the first of September, you would attend Hogwarts. I'd take you to the train station, show you to the platform, and you'd stay at Hogwarts until June and learn about magic.”

“It's a boarding school?” Mr. Goldstein cut in.

“Well, yes.”

Mr. Goldstein hesitated. “We're going to need some time to think about this. I'll have to discuss it with my wife.”

“Of course. I'll come back in two weeks?”

“Er...yes, two weeks should be fine.”

“Excellent. Well, until then…” he bowed his head at them both. “Farewell. I do hope you decide to join us, Clara, I think you'd be a wonderful addition to the student body.”

And with that, he stepped out the door once more and disappeared with another crack.

“O...kay,” Clara said slowly, closing the door behind him. She shared a look with her father, then walked back into the living room and collected her book from the floor, her head spinning.

Ten minutes later, the door opened to admit Mrs. Goldstein, returning from work. Mr. Goldstein sighed, rubbed his forehead, and went to greet his wife.

“There's something we need to tell you…”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 am

Clara Goldstein Tumblr_mk6excjfzv1r55leko4_250

Ms. Goldstein,

Congratulations!

Due to your impressive skills in potioneering, you are invited to partake in the Slughorn Potions Club. This is named in honor of Professor Slughorn, an entrepreneur in experimental potioneering. In this club we will be working on more advanced potions work and prepare you for your OWLs as well as every day life. Should you accept the invitation, we shall meet once a month in the potions classroom.

Hope to see you here.

Sincerely,

Mycroft Holmes

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 10:57 pm

Dear Ms. Goldstein,  

It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to the position of Head Girl of Hogwarts for the academic year of 2024/2025. The position is an honor awarded to students who show promise both in the field of academics and extracurricular activities. The position is a pinnacle of student achievement at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Your duties begin from the first day of term with your specific assignments being given by the current Head of House. Please report to them in the Great Hall on the first day of school to find out more. You and your joint Head will also be responsible for giving out Prefect assignments over the year and measuring their progress. Your word on how they conduct themselves will go a long way towards my decision in renewing their post for another year. I advise your reach out to them with any questions or concerns you may have for the upcoming year.

All that remains is for me to wish you the best of luck in your journey as a student leader. Do not take this role lightly for it comes with more responsibility than you’ve ever had in your career as a student thus far. I look forwards to seeing you at the start of term.

Adelaide Goshawk
Andrei Kessler
Headmistress
Assistant Headmaster
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Head of Ravenclaw House

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clara Goldstein Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clara Goldstein   Clara Goldstein Empty

Back to top Go down

Clara Goldstein