Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Kitty wandering. (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Kitty wandering. (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Kitty wandering. (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Kitty wandering. (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Kitty wandering. (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Kitty wandering. (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Kitty wandering. (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:21 am

The best thing about being an animagus, was it made sneaking out so much easier, no one batted an eye at a cat, even a three legged one, wandering outside at night. Since learning how to do it, Louise noticed she could sneak in the smallest naps anywhere, so long as she changed so the location wasn't odd, and wake up in time to not miss a thing. Which in turn freed up some night time hours for her. So she spent them exploring the castle after hours, taking her sweet time to look around.

Tonight she was wandering in and out of the forbidden forest, keeping the tree line in her sights, or at least holding it's direction in her mind as she weaved in and out of the trees. She'd mastered the three legged strut, running was a bit wobbly but if she was going fast it didn't matter so much. She purred happily, tail in the air and flicking side to side, bright green eyes alert and open, taking in the sights around her. Her sensitive ears and nose alerted her to anything nearby that might be dangerous. Of course she wasn't too afraid, she wasn't going far and she could outrun or climb her way if a creature wandered by. Besides there were bigger things to hunt than a measly little black cat.

The forest looked so gorgeous at night, and the moon was just visible above the trees. She stopped for a while and sat looking up at it, not minding the slightly frosty ground. If she could paint or draw at all she'd certainly love to capture this moment. Alas she didn't have that skill, and paid little mind to poetry. No, perhaps the night sky could inspire some sweet making? Perhaps for older children or adults even? Hmm. She stored the thought away to think about later and turned around to go a little deeper, brushing up, down, over and around the knotted trunks of the trees as she passed them, loving the feel of it against her fur. If she was brave enough she would have sought attention from a person but she'd prefer to keep her distance in this form, in case anyone recognised her or figured out the connection between both her forms.

Her stroll lasted till midnight but she didn't feel like sleeping. She chased bats around a clearing and even watched the centaurs running by. They looked incredible, and she had so wanted to talk with them but, well that didn't seem like a good idea.
By the half hour she'd made her way back to the tree line and patrolled up and down, running back and forth enjoying the freedom to exercise as much as she liked, sometimes tripping over her own paws and rolling in the grass.

Soon tired out from the running she thought she should head back to the castle, but the night looked too inviting so she turned and headed up the trees again and climbed to the lowest branch possible, around chest height for the average fourth year, and lay amongst a fork in the limb. She let her tail and back legs dangle, purring contentedly and closed her eyes, basking in the moon's glow and starlight, making her sleek black fur ripple with silver waves. Ah a perfect night.

Last edited by Louise Grey on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Finley was not a boy to break rules. He really, really wasn't one to break rules. The mere thought of breaking rules terrified him. However, what terrified him more was the threat of broken legs if he didn't do what some stupid Gryffindor bully told him to. He knew, honestly he knew, that he didn't have to do anything anyone said. However, the threat of the sixth year boy was not one that the Ravenclaw boy ever wanted to take half-heartedly.

Why?

Because if he ended up in the Hospital Wing, then his parents would have to be called, and if his parents got called that would mean that they would like get mad at him for something he had no control over. Which, in turn, meant they would either ground him, or pull him out of school without a moments notice and he would lose the only real friend he had.

Which he didn't want to do.

So, it was with Naomi in mind that he had set out in the dark of the night, in search of a potions ingredient. Knotgrass. He was quite scared, and thus had opted to sneak out so he hopefully wouldn't get caught. It had taken him a good hour to get out of the castle, but after a quick dash across the lawn, he'd made it to the edge of the forest. Out of breath, and not noticing the cat in the tree he'd just passed. Taking out his wand, Finley looked around and then bent over a little.

"L-Lumos!" The boy tried, but as per usual his spell work wasn't up to scratch. Letting out a shaky breath and looking around him, Finley made sure he hadn't been followed. It didn't seem like he had, so he tried again, once more to no avail. How was he supposed to find something when he couldn't do such a basic spell?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:38 pm

The rush of small feet woke Louise form her five minute nap and her eyes followed a blur run passed her hiding place. It was much smaller than she imagined and, curious and concerned she hopped down and followed the figure. Keeping low to the ground, completely invisible in the dark. For her she could see the figure a bit more clearly, and the voice it had filled in the blanks. Oh dear, what on earth was such a young ravenclaw doing way out here after hours? Not wanting to be caught herself after hours she thought for a moment, what could she do here? Hmm.

Louise trotted up to the boy and mewed softly, sitting down and tapping her paw against his leg, making her wobble a bit but she had to get his attention. She mewed again and purred, hoping to not appear threatening, which wouldn't be too difficult. 'Come on look down.' She thought. Hopefully he'd either go back, otherwise she'd stay with him and lead him back to the castle. If anything happened she could change back and march him up, but then she'd need to explain why she was out after hours herself. Not a pleasant thought so for now she'd have to stick with her current form.

She wound herself around the boy's legs, purring and mewing, then snagged her claws into his trouser leg, trying to tug him back towards the castle. 'Come on, you shouldn't be way out here.' She scolded him mentally, thankful he wouldn't hear her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Finley really wished he'd thought to bring a torch. Merlin why was he in Ravenclaw when he couldn't think of doing the most obvious things in the world? He didn't know, he really didn't and in his annoyance he kept trying the spell, only getting more and more annoyed with himself as he did so with no avail.

At the sound - everything was so eerily quiet - of a cat nearby, Finley's heart had skipped more than one beat. He was terrified, of course he was, and the unexpected sound had thrown him off.

But as something touched his leg, the Ravenclaw had jumped, tried to move away and fallen over a tree root, landing firmly on his backside. The cat didn't seem to be giving up though, clawing at his trousers. "Please... G-go away." Finley tried to tell the cat, pushing it away from him as he tried to get back to his feet.

He, of course, didn't know that the cat was something more as he squinted in the darkness. Taking another step in to the forest, the boy tried the spell once more, getting a small fizzle of light before it went out. "S-stupid thing." He muttered to himself, putting his wand away. It wasn't much use anyway, was it? It was a few more steps in before Finley gave up and sat down, putting his head in his hands.

"I a-am so d-dead." He murmured to himself, despite no one being able to hear him. Finley's voice was thick with emotion, mostly fear. What he wouldn't give to be able to do something right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Oh dear, Louise frowned, mentally, seeing she startled the poor kid. She followed him the few steps, wondering what on earth he was out here for, then when he sat back down she lowered her ears a little and went to his side. She hated seeing people upset, especially younger years. She purred and nuzzled up against his side, trying to offer a little comfort. She tried to mew at him again making it sound as much like a question as she could, perhaps he'd talk? If not she'd have little other choice but to take him back as herself.

Thinking she wouldn't be able to do much else she hopped into his lap and raised herself on her hind legs, and patted his hand with her one forepaw, purring softly, then pressing her nose to his. Talk to me, she willed him to open up, she wanted to help but didn't want to be caught out herself. "Mew?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Finley had not known what else he could do in that moment. He wasn't one hundred percent what he was even looking for anymore if he was honest, nor what the cat wanted as it followed him. "I'm n-not gonna s-stroke you!" Finley told the animal as it moved closer to him, mewing softly.

It was so late at night it was beginning to sound like a question, but Finley shook his head. That, was ridiculous.

But the cat wouldn't give up.

As it jumped in to his lap, Finley was stuck watching it move, tapping his nose and mewing again. "I d-don't have anything." Finley insisted, trying to work out what it wanted. But the mew simply made Finley reach out and pet the cat's head. Perhaps it just wanted attention? Well, being outside with a cat was much better than being alone. "O-okay, okay." The boy managed, trying to get the cat to settle.

"M-must be so easy f-for you. Just l-lounging around all d-day." Finley murmured to the animal with a soft sigh. "W-what am I g-gonna do?" He asked, though the cat couldn't help him for a moment. "P-perhaps I'll s-stay here with y-you? C-can't get h-hurt if t-they can't f-find me."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Louise wanted to click her tongue but settled for being petted for a few moments before resigning herself to having to deal with the poor boy, clearly in distress. She poked her nose to his again then hopped off his lap and trotted a few feet away and shifted back into her human form, her Slytherin robes settling around her. She shook her head to clear the lazy feline haze from it and looked back at Finley. "Come on, let's get you back to the castle." She sounded stern but she smiled sympathetically to the boy. She came back to him and offered him her hand. "I wont say anything if you wont, but what on earth are you doing out here this time of night? And who are 'they?'" She asked, one of her jobs as a prefect was to keep the younger students safe, and she had yet to really flex that skill, now is a good a time as any she supposed.

"You're not in trouble, just tell me what's got you so worked up." She tried, hoping her house reputation wasn't going to ruin her chances of helping the poor kid.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Finley had been quite happy petting the cat that had insisted on being with him. However, when the animal decided it had had enough, Finley didn't even try to stop it from heading off. He was quite used to people and things losing interest in him. With a soft sigh, Finley looked down at his hands, barely visible in the dark, trying to work out what he was going to do now.

"Come on, let's get you back to the castle."

"oh, M-Merlin!" Finley exclaimed, scrambling to his feet and trying to get away from the voice, only backing himself in to a tree with a soft 'oof'. The Ravenclaw didn't bother reaching for his wand, knowing that it wouldn't do anything to help him. The questions made Finley look away from the witch, wondering what to tell her. "I n-need to get... g-get a plant." Finley explained, but he wouldn't tell the witch who 'they' were because he doubted she could make it any better.

Finley didn't really recognise the witch so any ideas of prejudice weren't there, he was just scared. Looking at his feet, Finley waited to see what the witch wanted him to do now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 pm

The Slytherin winced as the boy backed himself into a tree, then took a step forward and offered him her hand to help him up. "A plant? At this hour?" That was very unusual but from the looks of it the boy had no malicious intentions at least. "I'll help you look for it but you must promise not to come here again and not to be out after dark. Otherwise I'll have to dock points or request a detention." She left out that she was also breaking curfew but he didn't need to know that, unless he figured that out.

"Now tell me what you're looking for and I'll help you find it." She offered a smile while taking out her wand and casting a quiet 'lumos' so they could at least see each other and their immediate surroundings.

Once she knew the plant she tried to remember if she saw some on her travels, though they had to take a longer route to get to it, since they were both a bit too big to be climbing through the bushes and foliage. "Oh! Where are my manners. I'm Louise Grey. And what's our name?" She asked, offering a friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:06 pm

"A plant? At this hour?"

"Ummm... w-well..." Finley stammered, wondering if he could trust the witch before him to not judge, or even try to get the Gryffindor in question in trouble. Merlin he didn't want to have to deal with that. "I-it's for a... a p-person." Finley explained, not being able to lie to the witch because that simply wasn't okay, and he didn't want to anger the witch more than he probably already had. Merlin he didn't mean for that to happen, but it had.

The insisting that he must never come in to the woods again made Finley nod quickly. He had no intention of coming out here in the dark ever again, and Merlin he hoped he wouldn't have to either. "P-promise!" The Ravenclaw insisted with a small smile.

"I-I'm looking for K-Knotgrass." Finley admitted, not sure if the witch would question him as to why he wanted knotgrass, or whether she would simply accept he needed it. There was silence to start with, and then the witch was moving off. It was in that moment that Finley noted she only had one arm. His eyes went wide as he simply looked - she probably couldn't see, hopefully she couldn't.

And then he was hurrying after her, keeping close because she seemed friendly enough. "F-Finley." The boy responded, pointing to himself as he always did when he was introducing himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitty wandering. (Open)   Kitty wandering. (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitty wandering. (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next