Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Empty
PostSubject: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:40 pm

There had been very few things Daniel kept after finishing University. The memories weren't all that great on the whole, and thus he had siphoned away every memory he didn't want to remember. Of course, life was never that easy and the memories of his nineteen year old self would always remain. However, two things had managed to stay in his life, his best friend and his old professor now turned friend.

The former was much more important though. Codey had his life now, but Naomi. Well, Daniel couldn't begin to imagine for a second what the witch had been through, but he knew that he'd been there for her every step of the way.

Naomi's marriage had been messy for some time, even if she didn't always say. Daniel had sat with her through some of the tougher times, and kept quiet around her, now, ex-husband when he'd had the misfortune to see him. But now that Henry was gone, Daniel could do his best to help his best friend through that, and help raise the little boy that Henry had left behind much too easily.

And that started with their usual meeting up every so often to check the other was okay. Naomi had done it for him all those years ago at University, and now he was repaying the favour. Taking Naomi out for dinner, as well as little Theodore was something Daniel would do every day if it made Naomi happy, but she'd insisted that they were alright.

So, slipping in to a booth at the restaurant in Diagon Alley, Daniel sat waiting for the witch to arrive, mulling in his own thoughts (which centered around Hogwarts this evening) over a glass of Firewhiskey.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:02 pm

“But mommy I wanna go too!” Theodore had cried, lower lip trembling, Naomi could only rub her temples with a wince. He immediately looked abashed. “I just wanna see Uncle Danny too,” he poked his index finger to her nose with a pout, “mommy’s being selfish.” She smiled then, his playfulness, his vividness easing the tension work had set into her shoulders and body. She leaned forward, putting her hands over his cheeks and kissed him softly, gently. Naomi proceeded to nuzzle her nose to his.

Everyday she wished that she could photograph every moment with her sweet baby boy. Even when she’d been having the most off day and was wearing only a big tee-shirt and boxers (Henry had left everything), Theo pronounced her the Queen of Beautifully and she always felt tears rise to her eyes. Currently, she was in a big sweatshirt and  (Merlin’s Academy somehow made the best sweatshirts) and one those boxers, three hours before she was to meet up with her best friend. Her best friend seemed to be the only rock in her life, her life that seemed to want to wash her away at every chance it got. She sat on the floor, her son kneeling between her legs with his small arms around her neck and a very worried face on him. She tightened her hold on Theo’s waist before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

“Mommy needs to be an adult tonight,” she whispered against his soft, worry line free forehead, “Mommy needs to talk about very adult stuff and so you’ll have a babysitter, can you be good tonight for mommy? Eat your veggies and drink your milk, brush your teeth and go bedtime when it’s bedtime?” She asked softly, he nodded without hesitance, breaking their embrace to race into the other room. She sat there blinking at how fast he moved, when he returned he had a huge book that was covered in pictures of creatures: she recognized it as the encyclopedia that Lili  had sent her months back for his birthday. She grinned widely.

“This is the book the babysitter’s gonna read to me tonight after bath and brush teething,” Theodore declared proudly lifting his chin over the book that was bigger than his torso.

“Tooth brushing,” she corrected fondly as she stood up herself, “wanna watch mommy get dressed or go watch telly?” He seemed to really contemplate the idea before taking the book with him and darting into the living room. A moment later she heard the sound of reruns of the show Dennis and Gnasher playing loudly and her son’s giggles quickly following. She grinned before taking a glance hesitantly at herself in the mirror. Sometimes she still winced at who she saw there, that she’d made it so far, that she’d been so strong. She couldn’t have done it alone. She had Daniel, the one person who wasn’t always too busy for her to lean on and who was there for her without prompting. She smiled at the memory of him and their last meeting.

Pulling on a simple yet business ensemble of clothes, she always took pride in dressing classy and looking like an adult, and ruffling her hair a little bit, putting her wallet (with what little money there was after paying for Theo's monthly Potions and refilling her pills) and wand in the purse, she did just a touch of mascara and a little lipstick before the babysitter arrived. Once sure that her baby was in safe hands, she smothered him with kisses to which he giggled to and then apparated off to Diagon Alley. Once at their regular restaurant and trying her hardest to ignore the fear that he'd ditched her, she craned her neck a bit before spotting him and immediately marching towards him, a bright smile on her face.

“Hey Headmaster Jameson,” Naomi teased as she slid into the seat across from him, her eyes alight with joy, “how’re you doing?” She asked as she clasped her hands together over the table, her voice, as always, soft. 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Daniel wasn't sure how it happened, but over time, he seemed to know when Naomi was around. It wasn't any kind of magic - to his knowledge - perhaps it was a shift in the atmosphere, perhaps it was some kind of bond that was indescribable. Whatever it was, Daniel looked up in the same moment he saw his best friend walk through the door, knowing she would be there.

A smile graced Daniel's lips as he got up to greet the witch. Not with a hug, just politeness as they sat down at the same time. "Where's the little man?" Daniel asked, ignoring the greeting and the question of how he was. Leaning over to the seat beside him, Daniel took out the bag he'd brought with him. "I got him a present, I thought he might be here." Daniel explained, because to him there was no such thing as 'too late' for children. He, in all honesty, didn't have much experience with that - which was probably lucky for a small tike of a child.

"It's just a Lego set... I hope it's okay for him?" Daniel explained, again not sure what was okay for a kid of Theo's age. Nor, really, did he have much concept of how much these things cost, it just seemed like the right thing to do. "I thought you might have killed me if I brought him a broom just yet." Daniel finished, with a soft laugh, before realising he'd completely overlooked her question.

"Oh, I'm fine. Busy with the new work, but I'm getting there, just about get home before I pass out, you know?" He said - again with a soft laugh, because it wasn't too far from the truth. "What about you? You're keeping well, work isn't getting too boring?" He asked, as it was something of a joke that he'd given up that career so quickly after getting it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Naomira didn’t have many friends, but the ones she did have she appreciated greatly. There was never a friend she had that she didn’t like after getting to know them better. She appreciated each of her friends dearly, not only because of how deeply they cared for her but also because of how they showed it. She especially didn’t have many guy friends in her lifetime, which she was fine with. She didn’t expect much from people and in turn they didn’t expect much from her. The ones that cared most for her, tended to take care of her and not expect much in concern. It made her feel sick but it took some time before she was able to realize that some of the things in her life she had no control over, she just had to get over those feelings of guilt. And she would, she planned on getting over it. Eventually, but for now she still worried that her ‘friendship’ wasn’t enough.

“I thought it’d be nice to just catch up, without having to watch our language because of Theo,” she started nervously biting her lower lip as worry creased her brow, she felt a churning in her stomach. She knew that feeling of anxiety all too well and it was making it’s trail from her stomach to her mind, as she opened her mouth, sliding into the seat opposite of him, “I could apparate back, get him real quick.” Naomi offered. At the gift he presented she smiled, feeling a bit more at ease.

Daniel had been there for Naomi and Theo more than anyone else had. Even her Aunt and Uncle felt uncomfortable around her after her divorce. They didn’t mean to judge her; it just came natural. Divorce wasn’t totally uncommon in Japan, but it wasn’t a practice her family believed in. Of course they hadn’t believed in unwed mothers either but there Naomi was, living proof that they would tolerate it. She reasoned in due time they’d get over it. But that didn’t change the fact that even at her lowest of lows, Daniel was there, helping her and making her feel just a little bit stronger for Theo.

“He’ll love them,” she assured him, “what kind of Lego set though? He’s been obsessed lately with creatures of all sorts, and I- I think he’d like toys resembling things like that, I-,” she cut off mid-thought almost falling into a ramble, and immediately she felt guilt swallow her senses. She was about to ask for toys for her son, shouldn’t parents just be able to provide effortlessly for their kids? She couldn’t even buy the stuffed unicorn for Theo. She smiled at Daniel, pushing the thought away. You’re a great mother, Naomi she tried to assure herself.

“What’s the new work like specifically? Don’t hold back details, Jameson, I know where you live,” she pointed at him jokingly, and at his question she let out a breathy chuckle. “I’m drowning in boredom, really, unlocking archaic secrets in tombs and the sort. Theo finds the bedtime stories particularly interesting about the vampire cave in Venice." 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:01 pm

The offer to go back and get Theo Daniel shook his head. "No, don't disturb him, I'm sure he's having fun with his baby sitter." Daniel insisted, because that was probably true anyway. "Besides, it's way past time we had some time to ourselves, not that I don't love Theo, of course." He added, making sure Naomi knew he wanted to see her just as much, if not more than he wanted to see her son. After all, Naomi was his best friend and though he loves her son, Naomi would always be the one he worried about most.

When Naomi continued on to what Theo liked now, Daniel frowned slightly, taking the kit out because he'd forgotten what he had gotten for the witch. "Oh, well, I got him a car kit..." Daniel explained, not really sure what to do now. "If he doesn't like it, I can take it back and try to find one that is of a creature, or get him something else completely. Sorry, I'm really not very good with keeping up with what he likes." Daniel explained, putting it back in the bag and pushing it across the table to Naomi. "Just let me know, I won't mind changing it and I'll make sure to get him something more suitable next time."

The last was added because he didn't want Naomira to think he'd been put off. Honestly, anything the boy wanted Daniel would get him, Theo or Naomi only had to ask.

"The new work? Well, for the most part I'm trying to fill spaces at the school where there are vacancies. Checking up on students who don't feel like turning up to class - not that I can really talk on that one, but they don't need to know that." Daniel explained. "Then I had to sort out this complete arse of a man we have in place as a teacher. Thinks he can teach through intimidation. It's ridiculous, I want to fling him off of the astronomy tower, but I don't think I'd still have a job by the end of it, you know?" He explained, letting out a soft sigh.

A waiter came over not long after, getting them both their required drinks and food before hurrying away. "Vampires in Venice, eh? That'll be why he has a thing for creatures now then! Be careful not to give him too many nightmares!" Daniel insisted with a soft chuckle. "But what about outside of work, how are things? You're remembering to have some time for you?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:56 pm

As Naomi thought about Theo she was filled with a sort of sweet lull, her child was the proof that she could not only love, she could love immensely and that love would turn into something beautiful. Although outwardly she loved her kind, in the back of her mind she wondered if maybe that was her only purpose in life was to raise Theo. She wondered if she was doing a good job so far, and often felt the pressure of if she was doing the right. If maybe she should have picked another babysitter or if maybe she should have picked another pre-school or kindergarten, or read him the right books.

“I’m glad you love Theo,” she admitted as she let out a small sigh, she smiled brightly though, “but he adores you. Always wants to spend more and more time with Uncle Danny,” she added remembering the way her son pouted when she told him she was first going out. “But if you miss him so much we could spend more time together, the three of us of course.”

“He’ll love it!” Naomi interjected, her eyes wide, she immediately felt guilty she brought it up, “he’s a great kid, I mean I think you already know that maybe, but he likes cars and trains still. I shouldn’t have mentioned it.” She added awkwardly as she fiddled with the ends of one of her hair. She looked at the car kit, smiling broadly. “He’ll love it.” She repeated, eyes warm as she thought about her son’s eyes glowing when he opened it, he did tend to like his building blocks a lot.

“I wouldn’t blame you if she did,” she added, “the job must be hard and I’m sure you’re doing a terrific job, though I-are you sure you’re not busy? I’d hate for me to impose or anything,” had it been anyone else she wouldn’t have asked because she would have been too busy pretending to not be extremely content, but letting her insecurities go and put them out there in the open was something she felt like she could do in front of Daniel.  She tried to as often as she could.

“He’s a big boy, and besides he never seems scared, just fascinated.” She added, before the waiter came forward and asked for their drinks. “I’ll have a Mai Tai please.” Naomi asked smiling invitingly at them.  
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 pm

It wasn't any news to Daniel that Theo wanted to spend more time with him, he'd seen the look in the kid's eyes when he announced it was time for him to leave. Daniel had never outwardly said anything because he knew Naomira's insecurities now, but Theo needed a father figure, and though Daniel was not anywhere near ready for his own children, he did his best for Theo to help Naomi.

Though, he had never ever told her that was what he was doing.

"I'd like that." Daniel responded simply when Naomi said they could spend more time together. "I can take the two of you out at the weekend sometime if you would like to. I don't know where, but I'm sure we can think of something." Daniel suggested, not minding what the witch would want to do, so long as it was something to make both Naomi and Theo happy.

The look of worry in Naomira's eyes made Daniel reach out, putting a comforting hand on top of his best friend's. "It's fine, Naomi." Daniel insisted, not wanting the witch to panic. "It's fine." He insisted, because he honestly could take the comments that he hadn't picked out the right thing this time, but perhaps next time he would. And if he didn't, he knew Theo would like it anyway, because Theo had never been a spoilt brat.

As his hand moved away, the witch spoke about him not being too busy and Daniel let out a soft chuckle. "Naomi, you're worrying over nothing. I will always have time for you, you know that. Remember that." He insisted, trying to help with the insecurities with the truth. He'd never missed anything for Naomi - he'd been late, of course he had - but he'd never missed anything for her. "I'm here because I want to be here, not because you forced me to be." Daniel insisted, smiling warmly at his best friend.

"I'll have another Firewhiskey, please, and a... plate of chips would be nice. We'll share." Daniel told the waiter before he moved away.

"I'm sure Theo loves it. Besides, with his mum being so kickass at her job, he couldn't be scared anyway." Daniel insisted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Naomi was fiercely overprotective of her child, and she had shuffled through ten babysitters before settling on one. She had set up several tests to see how they worked (paying them each 11 galleons an hour for three hours) with Theo.  The first round was handling Theo at his best. Five of them had just let him do whatever, didn’t try to interact or keep a close eye on at all times just took out their phone and called out to him when necessary, and so they were out of the park immediately. Four tried to make good friends and one of them just ignored him completely. The four then went to round two, where she told Theo to act his worst.

He was hesitant but she told him it was important to make sure his babysitter could handle him when he was at his worst. Two could, one of them ran out, and the other actually called her. The third round was the easiest, and that was giving them too much money for dinner and seeing what they did with the excess money, they both were kicked out. Then she found the good one, at least for the most part, she didn’t pass the third round completely but at least she didn’t completely steal the money she gave them.

“The zoo would be ideal since Theo is just dying to see what a lion looks like, ‘m afraid when his magic comes to him, he’ll be a sorted Gryffindor and I’ll be swimming in worry for him,” she confessed jokingly as she played with her fingers atop the table.

Immediately, as if on instinct as she did need comfort she nodded, eyes frozen on the tabletop as she intertwined their fingers. She wasn’t afraid of doing this, she held hands with Lili too when she needed it. She let them go a moment later to grasp at the gift and stare at it for a moment. Theo would love a box if someone gave it to him. She felt bad, her son should have been selfish and greedy and loud but he knew when she was hurting and would switch quickly into a good child mood. He was so willing to put her happiness over his own; she couldn’t help but love him so much.

“Thank you,” she whispered, and closed her eyes. She took in a few deep inhales and smiled. “I’m honestly so thankful for everything you’ve done for me, I- honestly, thank you.” She smiled briefly, before

“Well tell me more about your work, tell me about the professors, anything like in the old days?” Naomi asked as she tapped her fingers on the table, genuinely curious.

“I mean I had this great friend in college who was totally there to help me along the way.” She joked, nudging him with her foot teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

The idea of the zoo made Daniel smile - uncertain at first when a small pang of distant memories roared to the surface, but then genuine in the end because he pushed her away. "We can take him there, for sure." Daniel replied with a warm smile. "There's a zoo in London, if you would like to take him there, I would have to check if there were lions, but it would be a great day out for the three of us." Daniel insisted with a warm smile.

And it would, because Naomi would be able to relax a little.

"Though, you might not be the only one who worries if he's in Gryffindor!" Daniel mused, shaking his head. "No matter where he's put, he'll be fine. The staff have always looked after the kids at the school. And, if I'm still there by the time Theo gets to school... well, I'll be able to keep an eye on him, just don't tell him I told you I would." Daniel insisted with a smile. Hopefully it would reassure Naomira enough not to worry unnecessarily.

The thanks made Daniel shake his head once more. "You don't have to thank me, it's the least I can do." Daniel insisted, letting Naomi have her moment to calm down. He'd seen it often enough, and he knew she needed her moment. He never commented, and Daniel most certainly never watched her take those moments. Life was hard, and Daniel had always shown he was there for her no matter what.

"Work is just as boring as anything I pursue." Daniel insisted with a shrug. "Apart from the one I want to chuck off the astronomy tower, the rest are great, work hard and their grade tables are immaculate. So, we either have fantastic teachers, fantastic kids, or both. Mostly I'm in meetings with the governors or the Head Girl and Boy. But, it's going well, I think I might stick at this for longer than I have with anything else, but, who knows?"

"Had?" Daniel asked, amused. "I was pretty sure that handsome young man was still around - or did I miss something?" Daniel asked as their order arrived. With a thanks from Daniel the waiter was gone, and he tucked in to the chips pulling a face when the first one was too hot. "Must... ouch, learn to slow down." Daniel added a moment later, taking a sip of his Firewhiskey that did nothing to help.

"Anyway, how is Theo doing, he must have started school by now, mustn't he? Or Pre-School? Is he doing well?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 am

Naomira couldn't tell how long it had been since she'd had someone refer to her and Theo as 'the three of us'. Henry had been attentive when she pregnant, always making sure to include the fact that it was no longer a life of two of them going out. Somewhere deep in her heart she'd always have space for Henry. He had given her the greatest gift; sweet faced, kindhearted, inuitive little Theo. Theo had most of his father's everything except for her nose and maybe even her personality. The color was a blend of her's and Henry's blond. Before Theo was born, Henry loved the boy.

Sometimes she wondered how different life would be if Henry had toughened up. Or if love had been enough for Henry to stay with her. If love had been enough to stay with Theo even. For a few months, heartbreak was Naomi's best friend. She took care of Theo after his lycanthrope incident and ignored the anguish in his voice and felt relieved when he slept leaving her to wallow for a time. Of course Daniel was there to the best of his extent and without his presence she knew she wouldn't be as determined to be hardworking as she was today.

"I'm glad you think it's a good idea, I know Theo's just gonna love it regardless." Naomi murmured. At his next statements, the worries that were there in her heart was immediately assuaged. Her fears for what might have happened to Theo disappeared for a moment, the niggling for her son once more gone. "Be careful, he might just follow you around like a little duck for a while there. Well," she tapped her finger thoughtfully against her lips, "then again he'll be eleven, or is it twelve? Will he be thirteen?" She chewed her lower lip thoughtfully, her eyebrows creased together.

"I-," she opened her mouth to object to being the least he could do, but instead her heart told her he was being honest, she had nothing else to say.

"The one you want to chuck off the astronomy tower, hmm? Is this a he or she? What's their names? I'm interested in the gossip too, ya know." She cajoled, "is it really so boring? If you don't want to pursue this as a career, what do you think will be next? Not that I'm encouraging you to leave that is," she held up held up her hands in a sign of innocence. "But it's like you've done so much already, what else could possibly be next?"

She chuckled when he joked back about his presence still being prominent and smiled before sighing exasperatedly, "I suppose he still is, it's hard to shake a parasite after all." She stuck her tongue out jokingly, feeling a bit lighter besides the bills she'd stuffed in her purse referring to her apartment and the medical bills. Grasping a chip she took a small bite out of it, letting the heat seep through the nook she created for a moment before taking a bite. She laughed at Daniel's actions of making the mistake.

"Oh woe is the big Headmaster," Naomi teased. She smiled as he brought up Theo.

"He's gonna start kindergarten this August, but I'm terrified," she confessed, "I don't want him going to a private insitute, it won't leave him as receptive to people of other classes, but there's no public school close to the apartment. Maybe a private kindergarten would be better," she chewed on another chip dutifully, worriedlyy, "he'd be more protected, and chances are if he went to a private kindergarten and then more private schools he'd have an easier chance of making and keeping friends. If it's alright, but what're you opinions? Do you think it'd be better for him to go a private school or a public school?" She met her best friend's eyes worriedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)   Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel) Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Friends (Naomi & Daniel)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next