Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
To Start Anew (Daniel) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
To Start Anew (Daniel) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
To Start Anew (Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
To Start Anew (Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
To Start Anew (Daniel) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

To Start Anew (Daniel)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

To Start Anew (Daniel) Empty
PostSubject: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 4:44 am

Veronika Rae had never been so excited in her entire life. When she was younger she'd loved Hogwarts because she'd loved adventures and now she was positively buzzing with glee at the feeling of returning home. Beauxbatons had been a great change of pace in the beginning, and after Ivan died she returned even though the halls still haunted her in her darkest of moments. Turning the corner even if she had been five months into a relationship she'd somehow hoped that she'd blink and there Ivan would be with a bouquet of white lilies and pink roses, surprising her with a sheepish smile on his face. And just that memory caused an ache she pushed away to form in her chest. 

Being with Ivan, had been for the longest time, what home felt like.

After cleaning up the old office space she'd be having and filling it with her own stuff, she sat at the desk, locked the door and had a good cry in the comfy reading chair she'd brought in. Leaving France felt like leaving behind the last pieces of Ivan, like leaving a false home, a niche she'd made. She left behind a good thing too; her students loved and respected her despite her youth. She could have spent another good twenty years there before coming back to England. But something was here for her. Something good. Secretly as she traced the scar of three claws stretching out like lightning bolts she wished for that something good to be someone good, someone to make her laugh and cherish her: someone she could fall in love with. That was the thought that jolted her into action as she straightened up.

Deciding that crying on a chair was going to get her nowhere in life, she pulled on her grey peacoat that matched the two inch grey heeled boots paired with her black jeans, she wiped the tears off her cheeks and drank a bottle of water before heading down to the Quidditch Pitch where she'd played from her third to seventh year as the a Hufflepuff Keeper. Memories of flying up in the air, high above where nothing mattered filled her with happiness and she wished she'd brought her broom. She'd fly again, she swore to herself, griping her wand tightly within her pocket.

She stood at the edges of the field, lost in thought, lost in the tantalizing idea that she could find another person to adore and love again in England.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:10 am

February was never a good time of year for Daniel, truth be told. He would never say he was a man to be bitter about other people's happiness, but with February, bitterness crept in to Daniel's persona. With February came the notion of what he'd lost fifteen years ago, and he wasn't sure that it was ever going to stop hurting.

Cassana Rose had made possibly the biggest impact in Daniel's life, and then... then she'd be brutally pulled away from him by her parents to a man that Daniel could never believe would love her quite as deeply as he did.

And even though the witch had left to be with that man, Daniel still felt it.

But February was worse. With the love that filled the castle this year, Daniel had done the only thing he could think of to get away. He'd headed away from all the commotion to the Quidditch Pitch, emptying it of any students who thought this was a good place for a rendezvous before he sat in the stands, lying over the seats and staring up at the sky, almost pretending that Cassana was led beside him, looking up at the shapes as they both pointed out ones that looked like something.

Daniel had pulled himself away from that when he found himself laughing at something Cassana had said, a very long time ago, that hurt tenfold now. He was losing himself to the grief, and he'd always promised himself that he wouldn't do that again.

Sitting up, Daniel noted someone else on the pitch, quite nearby. Frowning at the thought another student had entered, Daniel moved to the stand closest to the witch, frowning slightly when he saw a teacher. Quickly checking his eyes weren't wet - this time they hadn't been - Daniel forced a small smile on to his lips. "Fine day for February, isn't it?" Daniel asked the witch, because he didn't really know what else to say, and he really didn't want to have to come up with an excuse for being here.

Though, he was Headmaster, he could do what he wanted. "Brilliant flying conditions too." He added as an after thought.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:58 am

Veronika had completely forgotten it was Feburary. Truth be told, a lot of her less than optimistic feelings were immediately repressed for fear any of her students would find out. The way she saw life was the things of your past do not define you so much as you do not let it affect your future. Living in the present was how she got by life; one day at a time. Her and Ivan celebrated Valentine's Day because he was a sap even if she wasn't; but secretly, she didn't believe in it. Every day with him was like a Valentine's Day. That sort of rush she got just from seeing him asleep next to her every day, or from sneaking back into bed after a bad fight that forced her to sleep on the couch, she got it everyday. She hadn't had that feeling in the longest time. She missed it.

At the sound of another voice, she snapped her head quickly, enough to get a mouthful of hair that she pushed aside in favor of smiling brightly. Oh a student without a Valentine's; he's rather attractive, he must be looking to blow off steam. Are students allowed to have a scruff? He makes it cute. He looks familiar too... Oh well.

"I suppose, although I haven't been here in a while, just transferred from Beauxbatons, getting reacquainted with my old school brings me back to my seventh year, speaking of which how are you enjoying yours?" Veronika tilted her head before gasping and realizing she'd been terribly rude by not introducing herself. She extended her hand. "Veronika Hollands, but you'll probably address me as Professor Hollands."

"I haven't been flying in forever and I miss it terribly so," she sighed as she stared at the Pitch she'd loved, "and I agree, the conditions are rather brilliant. Do you fly often?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:12 am

The witch had jumped quite a bit, and had he been anyone else, he might have apologised, but to Daniel, if you jumped it meant you weren't prepared for the worst. Never mind. Daniel was still working on learning all of his teachers, but he had summarised quite soon after seeing the witch that she was indeed a professor and not a student.

However, such assumptions didn't seem to appear when the witch asked him how his seventh year was going. The shock was quite clear on Daniel's face for a moment before he collected himself from the insult of being called a seventeen year old. Well, it was something of an insult, he guessed. But he hadn't replied before her hand was given with her name. "Daniel. Professor Daniel Jameson. Headmaster." Daniel told the witch, not meaning to be so short with her, but he wanted to clear things up quite quickly. "I think Veronika will work just fine though." He added, forcing a small smile on to his lips.

The information of her returning wasn't anything new, a lot of the teachers did that, though there was the American wizard who'd been there for some time. Newbubble or something. Returning to the question at hand, Daniel looked to the pitch and shook his head. "I gave up flying a long time ago." He told the witch, his voice soft as he thought about it. "There are brooms in the storage cupboard though, all the professors are able to get in to them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:46 am

Veronika cringed, feeling all different shades of embarrassed now. If the ground could create a hole to eat her up, she'd love the Earth 100x more. She sort of wished he was a she so that he'd take it as a compliment. That'd be great. Veronika wasn't too talented at maintaining friendships once they started. The only lasting ones she had had been with Hogwarts friends and that was a handful. For Hufflepuffs that were friendly, they sure were lazy when it came to organizing dates to meet up all together like one big class reunion. At the moment, she was contemplating how to approach the situation or diffuse it. Nice, you're what? Barely into the new job and you're super close to losing it. Smooth, Nika, real smooth. You should have been born a boy so your parents could have named you Slick Rick. That's a way more fitting name than Veronika Rae anyway.

"I-I'm really sorry Sir, I - I didn't - you're just-," there are so many better ways to handle this, "you're handsome and so I just kind of assumed you were young but to assume is to make an ass of you and me so I'm sorry if I offended you." She dropped her head before realizing how she could have further offended him. She kept her eyes trained on the ground wishing it would just eat her up like she was English muffin. Please ground, eat me up. 

"You did?" She did a quick once over, deeming his body not out of shape (but she'd got that impression the first time she'd given him a once over) to fly. She drew that there just had to be some sort of psychological reason then. She opened her mouth, the question in her eyes, but it diminished. It wasn't her place to ask, not after the appalling assumption she'd made. She stayed quiet for a moment. 

"Thank you for telling me, I'm honestly sorry I - it was out of place for me to say that kind of thing." Veronika smiled warmly at him, her own voice soft like a cookie fresh from the oven. "Thank you for accepting me as a Professor, Hogwarts is the best thing for me right now. How long have you been Headmaster?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:14 pm

As the witch apologised, Daniel shook his head. Honestly there were worse things he could have been called other than young - likely most of which he'd been called at least once in his life, if he was being brutally honest. "Just call me Daniel." He told the witch with a small smile, she was getting so flustered so quickly, it took a lot of effort not to tut at her for being so... well, worried.

Daniel merely nodded at the question, not really sure she needed much more information in that moment. Flying had been for a time when you could feel your heart soar with the movement of the broom. But with an empty and unenthusiastic heart, Daniel had lost interest in the sport.

The second apology was unnecessary - Daniel could almost hear Codey's voice insisting that they were wasted words. And Daniel couldn't help but agree with the man he'd looked up to for so many years. But the continued pleasantries from the witch made Daniel really want to tell her to stop. However, that would have been rude, so Daniel refrained from doing such a thing, though it wasn't as easy as it might have been.

But the question of how long he'd been headmaster made Daniel pause. How long? "I started in December... Well, I got the job in December, but I started January. So three months, I guess?" Daniel explained, with a small shrug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Start Anew (Daniel)   To Start Anew (Daniel) Empty

Back to top Go down

To Start Anew (Daniel)
Page 1 of 1