Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Empty
PostSubject: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 am

To Mademoiselle Clement,

I hope that this letter finds you well and in great health.

I must admit, that our brief talk at Hogwarts had me intrigued and I found myself indulging the thought of wanting to talk to you even more. Yet the thought of talking with you seems to overwhelm me so I decided on the next best course of action. I write this letter in hopes that you would be willing to continue corresponding with me if only to keep myself entertained for the summer.

To tell you the truth, I have no idea how to even write a letter. I've never had to write one, what with having not many friends that I correspond with and those friends that I do have are more than happy to ignore me for the summer, only sending a brief letter in the middle of the holidays to inquire about me and whether I have done my homework. The desperation from those letters make me roll my eyes, clearly, they hope to copy my work.

I'm not too sure what is acceptable to write in a letter. Do I inquire about your health? Do I ask how your summer holidays are going? Do I start with how my own summer is going? Or do I just write what is on my mind?

There are so many things I want to write yet I don't have the courage to write them. I must ask though, was our conversation as intriguing to you as it was to me or were you bored with my company?

With hopes of continued correspondance,

Alexei Corvanelo
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 8:52 am

5th July 2023

Dear Alexei,

What a wonderful surprise it is to hear from you this summer, when I saw my name atop the envelope in an unfamiliar hand, I had wondered who might have taken the time to write to me. To say that your timing is impeccable would be one of the largest understatements in the world.

I do not believe your description in your letter is the correct use of the word 'friend', truthfully, a 'friend' would not use you in such a manner, but I would hate to tell you something so brutally honest without leaving something kinder at the end of the sentence. You have a friend in me, Alexei, and I will never write to you simply to find out if you have completed your homework.

Though, on the subject, how is your summer work coming along? Your next year is a big one, so I would suppose you've been given a lot of work? I'm still waiting for my O.W.L. results, though I am not worried for what grades I receive. I doubt, after Hogwarts, anyone will be interested in them, anyway.

In answer to your question of letter writing, you do all of those things. The beauty of a letter is that you can write anything, and everything, you wish to the person you're corresponding with. Whatever you're comfortable with divulging to others. This medium also has the beauty of allowing you to word things carefully to ensure the other party fully appreciates your situation.

I am very well -- in answer to how my health is -- physically, at least. I will come on to that in a moment, under how my summer is going.

As to my summer... I have made a terrible mistake, Alexei. A mistake that has cost another... a child... to feel inferior. To say it was an accident would be to lie about the situation, I knew precisely what I was doing, a lady such as myself can never assume to bow away from responsibility. I just wish I had not done what I had to the child, and I don't know how to put it right. Maman is very, very angry with me, and Jacques (my brother) gives me an icy glare every time I see him. I... don't know what to do. I haven't even spoken to my usual confidant on the matter, I am so ashamed of myself. I'm not asking you to find me a solution, because I don't think there is one, but you asked of my summer, and that... is what has happened thus far.

Please tell me of your summer, I hope that yours has been enjoyable.

What is on your mind, Alexei?

How could you believe that you would have caused me to grow bored of our conversation, Alexei? That was definitely not the case. I have been considering writing to you over the summer, but was not sure where to start a letter to you. As silly as this may sound, but from our first meeting... I knew you were different to everyone else in the school. I think we have a number of things in common, and I would very much like to get to know you more, if you'd let me.

Yours,

Elenore

P.S. You need not call me Mademoiselle Clement in letters, such a title would only be necessary if you came to the Palace and were talking in front of Maman. But, I appreciate the respectful tone of your first letter.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm

6th July 2023

Dear Elenore,

I admit when I saw the letter I wondered whether it was you or someone else writing to me but when I saw your neat handwriting and your name at the bottom I was elated. My brother assures me that I looked like a love-sick fool as I was reading your letter, I vehemently deny that.

Thank you for those brutally honest words, I never really had a friend who wrote to me just to talk with me about how my summer went so writing to you is certainly different to my previous tries at letter writing. And you have a friend in me as well, Elenore, you can write to me whenever you want. I may not reply quickly but I will always reply to you, you have my word on that.

Thankfully I have managed to finish all my summer homework the week that I got back home, as I had nothing else to do seeing as my brother was away on a Potion's conference for the week. I have to say, I am not looking forward to my N.E.W.T's, from what I heard from my housemates the N.E.W.T's are the worst sort of exams you can go through.

Hopefully, I won't start rambling in these letters but if I do then feel free to tell me off, I won't be offended.

What I can tell you is that you try and apologize to the child in question. I don't know what else to say really. We all have moments where we say things that we don't mean believe me I've done that on more than one occasion.

My summer has been quite boring to tell you the truth, I don't have much to do with all my homework already finished. All I'm doing right now is hoping to Merlin that the rest of my summer will go quickly.

What is on my mind? Well, that would be you and our conversation.

I was the same way really, unsure where to start the letter and whether I should send it but now I'm glad I did. I'd love to get to know you better as well, you are one of the more fascinating people I have ever known. And it's got nothing to do with your name, money or things like that. I like you as you are Elenore Clement and I'm looking forward to getting to know you even more.

Yours,

Alexei.

P.S. I will remember that then.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm

10th July 2023

Dear Alexei,

I'm sure your brother was simply speaking fondly, though perhaps he might be jealous you have a correspondent, and he does not? (Please don't tell him I said that, I was merely joking!)

Honesty is important, especially in a world where there are a number of people who will willingly lie to you for personal gain. It is... refreshing, to find people who understand and encourage such behaviour. But... it has its dangers too.

Jacques said the N.E.W.T.S. were a 'fun' challenge when he'd finished. Though, he wiped the floor with his results, so I guess they're not so challenging? I'm not sure, Jacques has always been perfect, and his grades showed that quite clearly.

I will apologise, I just... I can't just yet. Not because I don't want to, Merlin I really want to. But, I know that in going to apologise to the child I am going to have to open up and be honest about things I'm scared of. I know the irony is that I told you fears can always be overcome, but everyone knows it is easier to say these things than to do them. Honestly, I have found myself wishing myself away from the Palace more and more with each passing day.

And yet, here I am still.

Our conversation left a lot of question in my head, but I feel to ask them in a letter would be impertinent. I'd rather speak to you further on that matter when we are together, if you would like that? I feel, and know, that I only got a glimpse of the man you are in the library that day, and I do truly wish to get to know you more. To know your history more.

You are the first person to ever say that... Everyone sees me as a pawn in their own games here at the Palace. As sad as that might be, it is the truth. I've found my isolation -- Maman has not specifically punished me in the manner I've heard from our fellow students, she has this way of letting you know you've done something wrong that means you can't do anything without feeling guilty -- has brought me to thinking of school, of you, and how, for once, I long to be back in Scotland.

I had thought Versailles to be my home, but I think perhaps I have been lost these last sixteen years, and Scotland has been a better home than my real one.

Enough of me, anyway, tell me more about your summer? Have you taken any time to look over what happened at the ICWW Summit? I know many people our age won't have shown an interest, but maybe you have? If not... tell me what things interest you?

Yours,

Elenore

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 am

Dear Elenore,

Knowing my brother, that is probably the truth. We have always been close, ever since my mother had dropped me off at my father's Marcus had been my support line in a world that would rather see me dead. He's as fond of me as I am of him.

Too much honesty though will lead you to trouble. I have learnt that on my own. Many people don't like hearing honesty or truth, especially when it is about them. I found that staying clear of stuff like that is better in the long run, especially when people seem all too happy to curse you at one ounce of honest truth.

I had heard. He, apparently, had the best scores in the entire year? I don't listen to rumours but since you wrote that he 'wiped the floor' with his results that means there is some truth to that rumour at least. No-one is perfect Elenore, not even your brother.

Just don't leave it too long Elenore. I learnt that leaving apologizes too long will only make the wound fester more and since it's a young child we are talking about there is a probability of the child not forgiving you in the end. We are told that children forgive easier for transgressions but that is a lie, they tend to remember who wronged them so and in the future that may lead to horrible consequences.

I'm not telling you to apologize to the child in question right now Elenore. I'm just asking you to not let that apology wait too long. Because sometimes, if you wait too long it might be too late for apologies and you don't want that.

And who says that you have to stay in the palace? Can't you sneak out for a day?

You can ask though I don't make promises that I will answer them right now. There are some things that I need to get to terms with myself before I will be happy to share with someone. Whether you ask on paper or in person, I won't mind but as stated above, no promises as to whether I will answer.

Then the people that use you for their own games are fools in doing so. You are not some pawn to move around on a chessboard as the chess-master wishes. You are a human being with feelings who is beautiful, has a sharp mind and an even sharper tongue. Don't let people dictate to you what to do, you are a strong woman Elenore and you should make people realize that.

I had been the same way, while I lived in Italy. I thought that Florance was my home but after coming to the UK and attending Hogwarts, the castle has become like my home. I long to be back in those stone walls just so that I can see you and have the chance to talk to you even more.

My summer has been very boring to tell you the truth, I've just been sitting around restlessly and waiting for your reply wondering when I would be able to read your neat handwriting.

To answer your question about the ICWW Summit, yes I have had the time to look over what happened and to be serious about it, I think that the.. representatives are getting too ahead of themselves.

I think that in the grand scheme of things they forgot one detail; the muggles are not so welcoming of the supernatural and consider them unnatural.

And witches, wizards, vampires, hags, veelas, goblins, werewolves; we all count as the supernatural. We are, in essence, something that the muggles have been taught to hate from the moment they are born.

Why do you think the witch-trials happened in the 1600's in the USA? It wasn't just because a muggle caught a witch doing magic, it was because that muggle got scared of the unknown and spread around lies of Dark Magic being performed.

The muggles outnumber us by a wide margin. To one witch or wizard, there are over sixteen thousand muggles, that is not a nice number. We may be heading into the 21st century as a community but as magicals, do you think we are ready to step into a world where we could be prosecuted and turned on at the snap of a finger because I don't.

I apologize if I offended you with what I said but that is my opinion. I don't think that the statue should be lifted. We are not ready to deal with the muggles and they, in turn, are not ready to deal with us. It will only be a matter of time when someone high enough won't be happy when we say 'no' to a question of whether we can save them from stuff like killer diseases or wars.

My interests lie in lots of different things my dear Elenore. I enjoy Potion making, I adore working with Runes, I'm great at mechanics, I'm a whizz at hacking. I'm a Jack-of-all-Trades you can say, there really isn't something that doesn't interest me... apart from History that is. I just find that subject boring, unless it does have some use for me.

And you? What interests do you have?

Yours,

Alexei.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm

15th July 2023

Dear Alexei,

Your brother sounds so very nice, perhaps one day I might meet him, too?

Jacques finished top of his year, yes. Maman would disagree with your analogy of perfection, but I digress.

I snuck out on the seventh to see Tess Marie. Strictly speaking, though, I'm not to leave the Palace. But, so long as I'm not caught... I should probably be a little bit responsible, though, sneaking out could put me in a multitude of dangers, and I wouldn't wish to worry Papa.

You're really sweet, waiting upon my replies so eagerly. Very few people have ever...

Your opinion on the Summit has not offended me in the slightest, Alexei, trust me when I say I quite agree. The idea of pulling away the Statute is a possibility I find most frightening, truthfully, and I live with a family more than capable of keeping itself safe from such monstrosities. However, thinking on a wider note, to those who are no so fortunate, I cannot fathom why so many countries voted for the removal of the Statute.

Such an opinion here in the Palace, however, is not one that is tolerated, so I have not ventured to offer it towards my family. Well, I spoke to Grandmere about it, but she said the whole thing was nonsense, and we moved on to a lighter subject with our tea instead. A lady, after all, should not be seen to take an interest in politics...

Potion making is therapeutic, wouldn't you say? Runes are great fun! I've never tried mechanics, nor 'hacking'. You mean with a computer on the latter, I believe? I've never used a computer -- please don't judge me on that matter, my family doesn't believe in bringing technology to the Palace -- so I've never tried 'hacking'. Sounds... fun, though!

Its a shame that you don't like history. History is fascinating, in truth, especially if you can visualise and bring the scenes to life. French history is, however, much richer than the British history, so perhaps you're not quite finding a story to your taste?

My interests? Well, I like to play the piano, as cliche as that might be, it's true. I play other instruments, too, but the piano is my strongest. I like sports, too, Archery is one of my favourite past times, and horse riding. I'm a fair flyer, too, but Grandmere always said a Lady should never be seen on a broom, and most certainly not playing Quidditch. I'd like to play a game some time, but I know I shouldn't wish for such things.

I quite like art, too, drawing mostly. It's a random list, really, but when you have so many activities thrust upon you in your childhood, it's hard to say what I truly enjoy, as opposed to what I am good at, and what I am expected to do.

When's your birthday, Alexei? I don't wish to miss it...

Yours,

Elenore

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 5:21 pm

17th July 2023

Dearest Elenore,

My brother would certainly love to meet you as well. He's been teasing me about keeping you all to myself. I just tell him that with us being in different countries it's very hard to meet up.

Your Maman must be biased then because for me perfection doesn't exsit. At least not in the sense that I'm sure your Maman thinks.

Well that's true, it is dangerous to sneak out but what is life without a little danger, hm? I always used to sneak out when I had been grounded by my father or step-mother, but then again it was more of a rebellion against them than anything else.

Trust me when I say sweetest Elenore, that your replies brighten up my days.

I think that many people don't stop and think for a second how their countries as a whole will feel about it. I found that the opinion's of a few people do not equal to the opinion of the masses, I'm quite sure that if you were to ask your country as a whole on what they thought of lifting the statue, they would, without a doubt say no. We cannot lift the statue without some careful planning and preparing for worst case scenarios. The statue cannot be lifting within a day.

Oh, I agree, it's very therapeutic, especially when I can cause explosions in the name of research. My brother always shakes his head at me when I just throw different ingredients together into the cauldron and step back to watch the explosion.

Mechanics are fun if you are willing to get dirty. Now hacking on the other hand can be a great help when you are trying to blackmail someone with stuff that they don't want you to know or if you want to earn some quick cash. In my muggle bank account I have quite a hefty amount of money saved up from my hacking. If you'd like, when we both have time I wouldn't mind meeting up with you and showing you how fun it is to hack.

That probably is the reason why I do not like the history here in Britain, I find it too bland to my tastes. Though I have heard that French history is very fascinating, maybe you would be able to recommend me a book about it to read in my spare time?

You play the piano? My, I'd love to hear it. I've never been musically inclined so I never even tried playing an instrument. Archery is a very beautiful sport and it does suit you, I have to say. Horse riding I've never had the pleasure of trying but maybe I'll ask my brother to procure a horse for me so that I could learn. I'm a fair Quidditch player myself and a great flier but I don't see myself playig Quidditch professionally. I wouldn't mind playing a game with you at Hogwarts if we were able to.

I never really understood the need of a parent to thrust so many activities onto a child in their childhood, to me it seems like it would just make them hate those actitives and not truly enjoy them.

My birthday is during the school year actually. The 24th of September, I'll be turning nineteen this year. And when is yours? I certainly wouldn't want to miss yours either.

Yours,

Alexei
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 pm

20th July 2023

Dear Alexei,

You almost sound like you're encouraging me to sneak out again! Truth be told, I wouldn't mind it, my bedchambers are becoming quite claustrophobic as of late.

As to France, I'm not sure how our people would vote, truthfully. I don't know the people of my country very well at all... Though that is a sad truth, it is exactly that, the truth.

If I'm willing to get dirty? Are you suggesting, Monsieur Corvanelo, that I would ever willingly get dirty? Okay, I bet you just had a very funny look on your face, I'm not going to pretend that wasn't the point! But, you should never assume that a lady is afraid of getting herself dirty in the name of fun! Though, of course, only if the situation is acceptable for such things. You're hereby commissioned to teach me mechanics, as well as hacking!

If you haven't already opened the package, then I suggest you do now. This tome is about France's history, specifically the story of the first Lord and Lady Clement. My family's history is rich with good stories, and this is a great place to start. This is a copy, so you need not send it back. I hope you enjoy it, but please don't feel like you have to read it all at once, it's a heavy read.

Of course I play piano, every Pureblood lady worth their salt plays piano -- for the record, I'm smiling as I tease. But, in seriousness, the vast majority can, but, I don't play it for some suitor, I play because I love the music.

I believe Hogwarts has stables, we can perhaps go when we're back. I can teach you if you'd like, though I've only ever ridden side saddle...

If not Quidditch, what career do you seek? Something with Potions, perhaps?

Nineteen..? My birthday is the fourteenth of December. I will finally be a legal adult this year!

Yours,

Elenore

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 pm

22nd July 2023

Dearest Elenore,

You got me there Elenore, I certainly am encouraging you to sneak out. I was planning on heading to France for a week or so and I was hoping that maybe you'd be able to meet me and we could go for some lunch or dinner together?

Well, no-one really knows their country, not even the people that run it. It's the unfortunate truth of the matter really. I doubt even the Minister here knows what Britain as a whole wants.

You bet your galleons that I did have a funny look on my face, my brother said that I looked horrified before I read the rest of your words. I would never assume such a thing but considering your pureblood upbringing I would've thought that you wouldn't be willing to get dirty. I will teach you both if you are willing to learn.

I was waiting to open the package until the end of your letter but your words made me open it quicker. I don't think I have ever enjoyed history until I opened the tome about your family. I must say it's enlightening and I am enjoying it immensely though with how many pages there are I doubt I will finish until the end of summer holidays.

I don't know many pureblood ladies so I can't say what they do. You are one of the first ones that I even tried to get to know, other's just brushed me the wrong way when I was interacting with them. They acted like dolls with fake smiles and plastic faces.

Do they? I never knew. I will hold back on asking my brother for a horse then until you teach me. I'm quite sure learning from you would be fun. Sidesaddle?

I actually want to do a job with Runes. A Rune Analyst maybe, or a Curse Breaker. I'm not too sure. Potions are more of a hobby than something I would like doing Professionally.

I flunked my sixth year so I had to do it again. And since my birthday is during the school year I started my magical education at twelve and not eleven like most. I will make note of it so that I don't forget.

I remember when I turned seventeen, I went and got so drunk that I can't remember anything from that day.

Yours,

Alexei
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 7:45 pm

27th July 2023

Dear Alexei,

As enticing as your offer might be to leave the Palace and get away from my family, that would be playing in to their hands much too much. Maman would simply love for me to walk out of the Palace and not come back, of that much I am now entirely sure of. But, that's okay, I plan on making her see how much she needs me, if only to infuriate her more.

I have, therefore, made it quite obvious of how much I plan to make a point whilst still in the Palace. Where I have moped in my bedchambers for a number of weeks now, too worried about the outcome, I have taken to researching with the Maesters of the house. Going through the archives with our staff -- and learning a number of new things I hadn't known about the family. I have spent time with the horses and the grooms, learning more than just how to ride the horses, but also how to care for them completely too.

Maman might have thought she was limiting by taking away my privileges, but she doesn't realise that I am learning, and learning is one of the most joyous experiences in the world.

Most ladies would like never wish to get themselves dirty. But, most ladies are not me, Alexei.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Don't read up on the current Lord and Lady Clement, that history I can give you in person, because no one ever tells the history in the real light. The authors of the current history of our house has been... drafted to show the Lady Clement as a nice person, which I can tell you now, is definitely not an accurate depiction. If you can't finish it by the time we go back to school, bring it with you, and we can read it together.

Yes, they have brought some in for one of the younger students -- talk about privileges! (I'm joking!) Yes, sidesaddle. I'll show you, I'm not one hundred percent sure how to explain it. A lady, though, rides side saddle, it's proper.

Ooh, Runes! That would be great fun! You'd get to travel the world too, I bet that would be fun! I hope you get the grades this year -- speaking of which, I'll make sure you graduate this year, though you might have already told yourself that, I'm going to make sure you go to classes! Don't ask me how, I haven't devised a plan for that much yet, but I'll think of something!

You got drunk? Merlin... I've never been drunk. I've drank, of course, but never been drunk... What's that like? I've heard a number of different analogies, but I don't know which one to believe, truthfully...

Thirty six days, and counting...

Yours,

Elenore

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}   The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New {Elenore and Alexei}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next