Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Empty
PostSubject: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 8:18 pm

It had been a good week, in truth, with the confirmation that the Basilisk risk had been thwarted, the Auror division had been given a welcome break. There was paperwork, of course, to be filed from the extensive amount of raids, arrests, and trials that had followed the capture of Isaac Hayford, but that was all put on hold when the boys from the Auror Division had called for a night out to let off steam.

Jake's initial hesitation (having two children to look after had not been a 'good enough' excuse for his colleagues) and a number of calls (which were, of course, quite simple to get Victoria and his mom to take care of the children for him for the next two evenings), Jake had agreed to go out with his work colleagues.

It was, in truth, the first time he'd gone out, without the children, his parents, or sister, in tow since Veronika had left him. To say the break was needed was an understatement for the thirty year old. The drinks were flowing quite nicely, and Jake was definitely drunk by ten o'clock that evening. The stress in his shoulders had gone, a smile was on his lips, and there were definitely enough people in the bar -- which was playing loud music that evening -- to take your mind off of the world.

Jake moved to the bar and ordered himself another drink -- a firewhiskey -- and took in his surroundings. The lights were low, but the bar was not it's dingy self that evening, no, it reminded Jake more of a club as he looked around. And, Merlin, he realised, he missed this kind of scene.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 4:00 am

After a long week spent in France with her parents, which mainly included her hiding away from her harpy of a mother and meeting her father's lover for the first time, Michelle was prepared to have some downtime to herself so she decided to take the weekend off from work before making her way to a club in Hogsmeade village; one of her regulars, a nineteen-year-old witch, had commented offhandedly about the club and piqued Michelle's interest.

Despite the fairly cold night, Michelle dressed in a fairly short and revealing dress though she did have skin coloured tights on that were charmed to keep her warm through the night. Slipping inside the club, the twenty-four-year-old witch made her way to the bar and sat down, waving a bartender down to order.

"A glass of firewhiskey on the rocks please." Her voice was smooth as she spoke her order, digging out a handful of golden galleons that she handed over, the man behind the counter quickly had her drink on the countertop and her change in hand, passing them over to the blond-haired witch.

"Thank you." She raised her glass in thanks and sipped the burning liquid before spinning around on her stool to watch the dancing and rolling bodies in the club; it wasn't much different from a muggle club but she could tell that more than one person in the club was under heavy secrecy charms in some corners of the club, clearly doing things that some people didn't wish to see.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 pm

As Jake sipped at his drink, his eyes roved over the many females in the bar. Many of them were dancing with his colleagues already, having a good time without a care in the world. That luxury... had passed some time ago for Jake, but he wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Still, there was a longing for the old party scene. The scenes he'd enjoyed as a teenager. With-

Jake shook his head, deciding not to finish that sentence. Loneliness, that was all that thought could have been sparked by, and he would not go there. Not tonight. As he brushed himself off internally for almost going there, Jake noticed a witch not too far from him ordering herself a drink -- a Firewhiskey, much like his own, but with ice. That concoction seemed to be something of a contradiction to itself, fire and ice together never ended well...

As the witch turned -- revealing her outfit of the evening, Jake could feel his eyes widen slightly in appreciation before he caught himself and took a sip of his drink and looked away for a moment. Approaching women in a bar was something Jake had not done for a number of years, and he found himself strangely lacking in the right move to go for...

Instead, Jake decided not to go for any line he might have used when he was a teen, and instead moved closer to the witch in question, motioning to the stool beside her. "Is this seat taken?" He asked, giving her a small, hopeful smile. Yes, he was a good looking man, but Jake was -- in his own mind -- getting old now.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 7:04 pm

There was always a first time for everything and ordering firewhiskey with ice was just to sate Michelle's curiosity; as she had firewhiskey on its own before she just wanted to see what it would taste like with ice. Would it be like muggle whiskey and just be cold or would something else happen?

As she sipped her drink, she frowned in annoyance when it tasted just like firewhiskey but much cooler; so it was the same as muggle whiskey with ice. Well at least it didn't blow up in her face, so that was fine.

She felt someone approach her and had she not been actively looking out for magic approaching her she would've been startled but as it was, she only let a small smile appear on her lips as she swivelled in her stool and looked at the man before her.

And she let her eyes widen just for a second, her manners all but forgotten in the face; even though Jake Newbury hadn't spent a lot of the time in the International Quidditch circuit he was still known and Michelle, being a Quidditch fan, had actually followed the man's former team as a teenager when he had still been playing.

"No, I'm here alone tonight." She replied with a smile as her manners kicked back in; she wasn't going to just sit and gawp at the man who was, for all intents and purposes, just a regular customer at the bar that she was currently enjoying a drink at.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 9:08 pm

The slightly widened eyes from the witch as she turned to look at him had Jake wonder if he'd done something wrong for a moment. Merlin he was out of practice, and definitely out of sorts when it came to reading women. But, the man stood, and waited, for the witch before him to say something in response to his question.

When she confirmed she was alone, Jake couldn't help but smile with an air of slight relief.

"Thank you." He replied, taking up the seat that he now knew to be free. The witch gave him little else, though, and Jake had to think quickly on his feet. How did one flirt again? Stealing himself a moment, Jake took a drink from his glass, placing it on the bar now that it was done, and motioning for the bar man to get them both another drink.

"I'm Jake, by the way." He introduced himself after a moment. He left off his last name not because he expected anyone to know it, but because he preferred to hide that from view for those who didn't know him by face. "And, you are?" He prompted, hoping to open up a stream of conversation, even though he was completely and utterly failing at being smooth in that moment.

Oh, to be ten years younger again...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm

An amused smile quirked on Michelle's lips when she saw the relief in Jake's smile when she did answer his question; she hadn't meant to take such a long time in answering but the fact that she was pretty much faced with her teenage celebrity crush had made her want to just take in the moment of being with the former Quidditch player. She wouldn't tell anyone she met with the man, at least none of her French friends that she knew wanted to know what was going on with Jake Newbury. She would keep this a secret from them.

"You're welcome." She smiled from behind her glass, her eyes twinkling as she faced the man, her legs crossed one over the other and swinging lightly. It had been a while since she actually flirted with someone or even gotten laid; she wasn't actually afraid to admit that the last time had been months, what with tutoring Mimosa, sending the Clement's regular reports on the girls progress and her night-time job as a bar hostess, she had little time to actually indulge in anything.

"Michelle," She replied in kind, not revealing her own surname; sometimes full names had more power than anything else really. "It's very nice to meet you, Jake, you here on your own or...?" She left the question like that, her head tilted slightly as she finished her drink and waved down the barman. "A glass of tequila please."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm

"Yes, on my own." Jake replied as a new Firewhiskey came his way the moment he'd deposited his empty glass on the bar for the server. Michelle ordered herself another drink -- which could only be a promising sign in so far that he had not ruined his chances of getting someone to talk to.

"Well, as alone as anyone can be, really, when they're at a works do." Jake added, a small smile playing on his lips as he motioned to the room at large. "Most of the Ministry is here." He explained, before turning to Michelle to concentrate on her. A pause, though, that was taken by him sipping his drink.

Perhaps, a less alcohol induced Jake would have realised announcing such a thing to the world was not the best idea, but quite honestly, he didn't care enough in that moment.

"So, come on, how come you're here on your own? You're a very beautiful young lady. I'm sure you have a mountain of friends, and an even longer line of guys that would love your company. And yet, you're on your own at a club..." Jake questioned, because it didn't make a world of sense to him, in truth.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 am

"Ah." The witch sipped the drink in her hand, watching Jake from beneath her lashes; she hadn't come to the club to expect anything but so far, the night was certainly heading in a very nice direction and if she was a betting woman, it would at least lead to them exchanging contact information if not spending the night together.

"My, just a night out among friends or a stag night?" She questioned curiously. It didn't look like anything more than a night out between friends but one was never sure of anything really half of the time and it wasn't that great to guess, it could lead to horrible situations half of the time.

"I don't actually." She replied, knowing well that that's what a lot of people when looking at her. A beautiful single blond who should have countless of friends and boys lining up to be with her. "What friends I do have are all living in France or are Muggles so I can't bring them here... And boys seem to just go for my looks alone, not taking the time to get to know me, at least some parts of me before trying to get into my skirts." She wasn't that bothered by it, in truth, but it did hurt her sometimes when that was the only thing that people noticed about her.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm

"Just a night out amongst friends." Jake told the witch with a smile. "I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time -- stag dos are... quite something!" He said with a small laugh. Apart from a few of his Quidditch colleagues whom he hadn't been too close to, none of his 'real' friends had tied the knot yet.

The explanation of her friends either being in France or Muggles made some sense, and Jake nodded along with her explanation to show he understood. "Well, perhaps I have lucked out, then? Getting to talk to you without a gaggle of girls around making it ten times harder to approach people." Jake said, though his words were said lightly they did hold an element of truth. When he was in his teens, Jake wouldn't have had a problem, his ego had been very, very large. But, now, Jake was a little less confident, grounded by his children, and not quite as well versed in getting to know a woman.

"Well, I figure that's always a good place to start. Getting to know someone. So, why don't you tell me more about yourself? You have roots in France -- are you French?" Jake enquired, giving the leading line to get to know Michelle a little bit more in that moment. "Oh, and would you like another drink?" Jake offered, noticing the witch was getting towards the end of her own glass.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 7:37 pm

"I haven't been to a wedding, not really." Michelle murmured as she sipped her drink, her head tilted back as she listened to Jake's laugh, a small smile playing on her lips at it.

"Perhaps you have." She agreed with a soft chuckle behind her glass, the thought of being surrounded by a gaggle of girls making her scrunch her nose up. She had hated that when she had been at Beauxbatons and she certainly didn't like it now. One or two friends was alright but an actual gaggle of them surrounding her was something that she despised. It made her feel claustrophobic and like she had no space to herself with them around.

"Oui, I'm born and bred from France." The blond replied. "I left though as soon as I turned eighteen and graduated from Beauxbatons. Otherwise, I fear I would've been stuck under my mother's claws until her deathbed." She sneered, her eyes flashing darkly before she blinked them and smiled at Jake. "I'd like one, please. Surprise me." She decided after a second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))   Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Letting Off Steam (Open -- Preferably to Female (Adults))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next