Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Winter Chill (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Chill (Open)   Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 pm

"Well, I do hope that I can be at yours, seeing you in the splendour of the event will be something to marvel upon, I'm sure."

Tess smiled at the well intentioned comment. She knew that Elenore would of course be there; everyone would. Her grandmere made sure that the important families would attend with their offspring in hopes of something flourishing. Her grandmere's goal was for her to marry someone French, good and powerful to take care of her. Her father's goal was quite the opposite; he wanted her to be thrusted upon the British society and be a stepping stone into their family being true Brits. She knew it would be an interesting back and forth for now. She would wear something nice, be shown around like a trophy, dance with men who either were far too old and were perverts, or the latter being forced to be there and play along. The taste in her mouth soured at the thought. While she never thought love would be an option for a girl like her, she always hoped that she could find someone who would rebel enough in wizarding society to just...do things their way. She didn't need a cookie-cutter husband, she needed someone who would allow her to flourish, to grow, to maybe win her heart over.

'You're foolish' her mind shut down her dreams real quick. The best she could do was simply hope for someone close to her age, who wasn't abusive and would at least treat her kindly.

"As yours will be very gorgeous Elenore" she smiled softly. "I can only imagine such grandeur to be enhanced during your ball. If you had a few moments to sneak out, it'd be wonderful, but you were made to be the center of attention."

And Elenore was. She was a classical beauty with her fair skin, elegance and upbringing. Tess knew that the moment Elenore would be formally presented it could be a time where she would be instantly engaged. And while Tess had a chance of pushing suitors away due to her boring features, she feared her friend would have a harder time.

"Balls can be very tedious can they not?" she asked aloud wondering if it was improper to ask. "There is so much weighing on a prospect of...forgive me" she sighed, "I lost my tact for a second I see."

Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chill (Open)   Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:07 pm

"A young witch can dream..." Elenore responded to the idea that the Ball would be in her honour this year, which would mean she would have no chance of getting away from it without the wrath of her parents, and perhaps even Grandmere, being brought down on her like a tonne of bricks. No, Elenore knew the idea was foolish. They were not males who could be excused for impolite behaviour, they were young ladies expected to be ever polite, cordial and perfect.

The comment that came a moment later of Balls being tedious brought a smile to the youngest Clements lips, before she nodded to show her understanding. Tess was soon apologising for not being proper, and Elenore knew that to dispute that fact would simply be wrong. They both knew better...

Looking over her shoulder to make sure they were still out of ear shot, Elenore turned her attention to the castle for a moment, before looking back at Tess. "I think that it matters very little what we think of the Balls," Elenore confided, keeping her tone polite, thought she knew she was toeing the line in that moment. "So we must do what all good ladies do, place a smile on our lips, straighten our backs, and pretend to enjoy the happenings of our world. Because to do otherwise would simply make us disappointments to the ones we love.

The thought of being a disappointment was one Elenore couldn't bring herself to be, she was a Clement. Clements couldn't be a disappointment.

Casting her eyes out across the lake, Elenore took the beauty of the image in once more. It wasn't France, but Scotland had a beauty to it that was so very different to the beauty she was used to. It was a beauty untainted by her family, and that much... that much was a relief.

"I'm glad you're here, Tess." Elenore admitted softly to the Slytherin witch, not taking her eyes off of the lake because those words were somewhat intimate. Something that showed there were feelings in the young woman that was Elenore Clement. And the undeniable offer of friendship that both French witches needed, but could never openly ask for.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chill (Open)   Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 10:56 pm

She knew the moment she had asked the question, she had made a mistake. To ever question the way things were was a sin in itself, but actually uttering it aloud was even stupider. She closed her eyes wishing she could just disappear at her blunder. No matter how her grandmere groomed her, no matter the lectures, the rulers, the pokes and stings, nothing could properly mold her the way Elenore was. Why? Because Tess asked too many questions, she had a mouth on her, and she'd been slapped enough times to know she knew better. Nevertheless she persisted in asking the world "why".

The appreciation of Elenore not shutting her down completely was a great one. She knew that no matter how alone they thought they were, that was not the case. If in Hogwarts there wasn't someone eavesdropping, then their families were giving them a favor. But in their private lives, outside of this place she knew that there were maids, elves, and other people paid to make sure she wouldn't stray off the path. And what a path it was.

Staring towards the frozen lake she felt her spirit dimming a bit. She had feared her sixteenth birthday since a young age. For it would mean the end of the little freedom she was allocated. She turned briefly to look at the girl and imagining what must be running through her mind before looking away. The quietness in this setting was fitting; it let them both think as to what the would would bring.

"I'm glad you're here, Tess.

That was surprising to hear, and she lowered her gaze, cheeks flushed at the complement. In all her life, no one had ever uttered those words to her. And while she was not sure how to respond, her body did it for her. Gently, her hand reached over and grazed the other girl's hand lightly grasping it. It was her way of not only reciprocating the sentiment, but as a thank you, for letting her not be so alone in this castle.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Chill (Open)   Winter Chill (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Chill (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2