Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
October 2020 (Lucy) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
October 2020 (Lucy) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
October 2020 (Lucy) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
October 2020 (Lucy) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
October 2020 (Lucy) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

October 2020 (Lucy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

October 2020 (Lucy) Empty
PostSubject: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am

October 2020 (Lucy) Jacqueline-fernandez2_150
Jackson Blake, Judith Bloomberg
Fall, 2020,
Grand Banquet Hall
The Pfister Hotel,
Mlwoukee

The world was almost perfect tonight, Jackson reflected as their limo purred through the VIP parking spots until it found its place of prime. Being Congressman Bloomberg's vehicle meant getting the best valet service money could afford in this town, exiting it with his daughter on your arm meant a lot more. And today, Judith was the prize the young newly appointed legislator intended to show off to the world. Their story might have been a somewhat cliche one in American politics but it worked.

Tonight's banquet was a front for some charity or other Jackson couldn't recall, but he knew enough to say what a great cause it was if asked by a reporter - which wasn't likely but one could hope. Judith seemed more optimistic though, but perhaps that optimism stemmed from the knowledge that no matter what, she would end up in the society pages tomorrow regardless. It must be nice growing up knowing the world was obligated to worship you.

The young man shook his head of these thoughts as he exited the limousine, offering a hand to help Judith out. Soon he would become part of that world too, the world where everyone owed him something for just existing. That was what he wanted, to be at the very top.

And Judith would help him get there.

As they made their way into the banquet hall, a small crowd of people Jackson knew on a purely superficial level surrounded him and his girlfriend, some bearing congratulations on his election to the legislature, others jokingly asking after his graduation plans next April, others still stopping to ask him to a drink or two. Not to disappoint, Jackson took a glass of scotch in his hand, never taking a sip but being sure to ask for a fresh glass every ten minutes, pretending he was too busy socializing to drink.

The speaker was a close friend of Congressman Bloomberg, a distinguished man of fifty who spoke about the benefits of trickle down economics and the solemn duty of all Americans to protect the system from those who sought to overthrow it. Judith listened in rapt attention beside Jackson as his eyes wondered the hall, taking in everyone present.

The speech concluded with polite applause and the speaker descended the stage. As was tradition, a small crowd rushed to congratulate him on his words.

"Jackson, come on, let me introduce you to Wyatt, he's daddy's closest friend."

"Why don't we give him a minute Judy, I'll find the facilities until then. Will you be alright on your own?"

The look of annoyance on his girlfriend's face was fleeting, so hopefully it wasn't that big a deal. Jackson excused himself from her, making a beeline for the men's room.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 4:48 am

\Lucy

Lucy had gone to a charity event with her dance group, it meant they got to have a week in America and still do something to help others. Her and her group would be up soon as entertainment however for now they got to mingle until makeup and dress change needed to be done .

Right now she was watching the speaker, listening. Raising an eyebrow at what he said. Did this make sense to other people or was she just thinking this man was in a world of her own? She made no rush to go see the speaker instead she went to get a drink, non alcoholic of course. They could drink after their show but not before hand. Last years incident had made sure of that, and as Lucy was underage in America it wasn't recommended by any means.

Sighing she found a grape juice and poured herself one, noting that the drinks were near the mens toilets. "Coz that's real fair." She muttered, turning and bumped into someone "Shit sorry!" Nope, nope she hadn't spilled her drink which was good. "I'm so sorry I was lost in thought!"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 8:21 am

A lesser man would have been angry at almost being run into by someone with a glass of grape juice in their hands, but not Jackson. Though that was perhaps because he was the only one here not in a designer, twenty grand tuxedo. What many people did not realize was that a legislator's salary wasn't as much as a management level common employee's, the reason all the politicians dressed rich was because they were from families that were rich.

And Jackson was not. So until he found way to make extra money through his job by making full use of the many loopholes littered throughout the system, humble blazer and a higher end, 150 dollar dress shirt it would have to be. And if it got grape juice on it, then he could easily send it to Merida to get the stain out.

"It's all good," he reassured the young woman in red who'd been mumbling to herself prior to her bump into him. "Its really the hotel staff's fault, keeping the drinks on the way to the men's room." His tone made it clear he wasn't a fan of the Pfister, though not for the reasons people might assume.

"Are you alright though, your dress is too pretty to be ruined," he grinned charmingly at her red, sometimes see through ensemble. A little too in your face for a gathering of conservatives which meant she was either part of a performance team or this was her subtle "fuck you" to the man. If the latter, Jackson would have a lot more respect for her. It took guts to stand in the middle of a bunch of republicans literally dressed in scarlet and making a statement.

"Jackson," he introduced himself, extending a free hand to the young woman. "Jackson Blake, Milwaukee Legislator, nice to met you." God it felt good to say that out loud. He was finally there. He had made it!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Lucy smiled at the man, "I completely agree. My apologies I was lost in that exact thought as I bumped into you."

Noticing the compliment of the dress she smiled "Ah see it is practical, I need to be able to change very quickly into my other dress so this one just rips right off." That and she liked to cause a little bit of a scene. Least for now her tattoos were covered with magic, however that wouldn't be for long.

"Belware. Lucy Belware. Rebellion Dance Troup member." She introduced herself in turn. "So are you just as disgusting as the congressman or are you one of the few men in politics that aren't out to grab 'em by the pussy?"

Never one for being subtle Lucy very much didn't like the congressman, he was sleazy and disgusting and if she saw him oogling one of her dance girls one more time she was honestly going to slap him. She had sharp nails on and they could well and truly cut the man if he kept up with his antics.

Knowing her face had turned sour she turned it back into a smile at the man, noticing it was almost time for her to be on stage. "Do forgive me Mister Jackson Blake, Milwuakee Legislator. I am needed elsewhere, it was a pleasure to meet you .If you incur any stains do let me know." With that she bowed out to go to her dance group . It was almost time and she needed to change into her other red dress and shoes.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Ah, so he'd been right about her unconventional ensemble. When the girl admitted to being part of the dance troupe, Jackson admittedly found himself wondering what sort of routine would require such a scintillating attire. Clearly she wasn't here for her ballroom merits. Perhaps there was something to be said about the Pfister's hiring policies after all? Jackson really should have given the establishment a chance to redeem itself in his eyes.

"In that case, I wish you good luck, Miss Belware," he replied amicably. She was cute, and feisty, either she would shake the stage or be run off it and for his personal amusement, he hoped it was the former. These old coots really needed a decent show. "Should I be telling you to break a leg? it always seemed so ironic to me given the last thing you want to do mid performance is break a leg but I hear that's how theater lingo goes."

When she asked him the now infamous question in American political history, the young man merely responded with a smile. They had never really recovered from the 2016 elections, Jackson doubted they ever would. "My hands are firmly at my side," he assured her before she had to run off for her show. Wishing her good luck, Jackson watched her leave before realizing the girl had dropped something in her wake.

Kneeling down, the young politician picked up what appeared to be a small tassel attached to a tiny gold ring. Was it a part of her costume? Or something detached from a personal item like a purse or key chain? Deciding to pocket the thing for now, Jackson made his way to the men's room. He'd catch her after the show. And if it was important enough to her, Lucy would find him.

Until then, he had to hurry and get back to Judith lest he wished to further test her ire.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am

The dance recital was one of a statement piece , combining classical dance which Lucy was very well trained in with modern freestyle dance. It was supposed to evoke emotion and her dress made sense now at least . A costume change later , into a little white dress .
New dress

Coming out from behind the curtains she was rubbing her hand, shespotted the security guy . “ Do you wish to try have a go at one of my girls as well ?” She asked , she’d clearly punched someone , or maybe slapped .” Or just go be like the congressman’s daughter and hook up with one of the male dancers either way I’m really not in the mood for your perming . Why are you even here ? This is for the performers only .” She said gruffly . Really not impressed . “ If you’re going to be here can you please keep the fucking politicians out while my girls are changing . Or you’re going to have to arrest me for killing the congressman if he comes back into the girls change room again with the pretence he can . And for gods sake get his slut daughter out of the disabled toilet. “

Lucy rarely spoke above her voice , however her dancers she was
extremely protective of even if some were older then her . That she didn’t care about , it was the underaged ones , especially the girls she had to protect .

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:59 am

The performance - at least what Jackson could catch of it - was exquisite. Unfortunately his enjoyment of the show was hampered by Judith's constant nudging of where he should be and whom he should be talking to. For her part, she hand't left the congressman speaker's side except to briefly sit with him during the beginning of the dance routine. After that, he'd seen a hint of her powder blue dress here and there but Jackson knew she had a lot more to do than him. This was a new game to him, she was an expert and knew how to play.

After the show was over and the polite applause done with, the young an remembered the small golden ring in his pocket. Looking around for Judith who he assumed would like to meet the dancers too, Jackson did not see her anywhere and decided to return the trinket himself, only to get an earful of the very dancer who had dropped the trinket in the first place.

Jackson almost didn't enter, hearing her dress down the guard in such a hostile manner, but he supposed some of his kin did deserve it. The culture of sexual harassment... well, once again, there were some things America would never return from after 2016. To all the people who hoped for a better future once the president stepped down in 2024, Jackson could only shake his head at.

It was the mention of the congressman's daughter that caught his attention however. As far as he was aware, Judith was the only "daughter" present. There were wives, fiances and girlfriends aplenty but only one daughter. And Jackson couldn't help feeling that his girlfriend was being lumped in with the crowd.

"You know," he spoke, entering the room once the chastised security guard had left. "You shouldn't talk about people you don't know that well. I bet her boyfriend wouldn't like it very much if he heard you speaking about her in that tone." All this was delivered perfectly amiably, Jackson wasn't angry. He knew the girl probably was though, Lucy if he recalled. And people said insensitive things when they were angry.

"Oh, and I'm not here as a politician to hit on your girls, I just came to return this," he added, extracting the tiny golden ring from his jacket pocket. "You might have dropped it during our earlier run in by the drinks table."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2020 (Lucy)   October 2020 (Lucy) Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2020 (Lucy)
Page 1 of 1