Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
To Jacques, With Love Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
To Jacques, With Love Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
To Jacques, With Love Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
To Jacques, With Love Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
To Jacques, With Love Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

To Jacques, With Love

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

To Jacques, With Love Empty
PostSubject: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:57 pm

2nd January, 2023

Jaaaaaaacques!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for the bestest present ever!!!! I love my new B-W7! You should have seen Dia's face when I showed it to her. Her mom said it isn't even supposed to hit the market until summer. How did you manage to get it? And in pink? And with my name engraved on it! I thought it was the logo but Clara read it and said it was my name so everyone would know the phone was mine!

I'm so sorry my present to you was so lame. I've just started embroidery lessons with Michelle and I know I'm not very good but that handkerchief with the J C on it is the first thing I've ever actually embroidered. It needs a lot of work, I know!

Oh and did Elenore tell you the good news? I'll be going to Hogwarts in the Fall. Grandpa said so. That was his Christmas present to me. He's super worried about me not liking it there but I loved it when I visited with you for the Halloween Ball. Grandpa is silly sometimes.

Are you still at the palace or did you go back to the university? Is University fun? What do you study there? Do you miss me? I miss you lots and lots and everyone else does too! But I'll be in France for the whole summer before starting school. Will you be home for the summer too?

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 9:20 am

10th January 2023

Dearest Mimosa,

You're very welcome! Papa has special access to the technology industry that I won't bore you the details of. Suffice to say that it was easy to obtain such things, and I knew you would appreciate it. Dia's Maman is quite right, they don't go out on mass sale until the summer, so you need to look after it!

Yes, it says your name, I had the logo removed in favour of your name, because logos are much too... common. The company weren't happy, but with the right words, they complied.

Your embroidery work was lovely, Mimosa, Maman asked who had thought up such a lovely design. We're both very proud of you. I wore it in my suit at the Clement Ball, so thank you very much, it made my suit look so much better!

Maman told me about your attendance to Hogwarts -- you will love it, I am sure. And, a year early? Your Grandpa must have really pulled some strings to get that one! You'll have to write to me when you get there, I want to know which house you'll go in to. Hopefully, you'll be a Slytherin, like me.

I am back at University now, only came back yesterday. I'm studying the Auror course. An Auror is someone who catches those who use magic in the wrong manner. Like a Policeman in the Muggle world really. It's interesting, but not as interesting as I would have hoped it would be.

Of course I miss you, Mimosa, but I know we'll have the summer together. I'll be back at the Palace with you, Grandmere Lynnette, Grandpere Thomas and Elenore, though I may have to attend to some important things. We'll see.

What's new in your little world? Any jobs lined up before the summer? How are your Grandpa and Clara?

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
To Jacques, With Love Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!

Last edited by Jacques Clement on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 am

14th January, 2023

Oh, I'm so glad you liked my present. I though I was having a really bad year with them so far because only Elenore liked the things I sent her for her birthday and Christmas. But now that you like them too, I'm feeling better. And I'll make the next embroidery for Grandmere! Well maybe one for her and one for Grandpere, they always come in a set, don't they?

I don't think Grandpa pulls any strings. I even asked him to help me with my embroidery and he just laughed and said "Not for me, kiddo." Do you know how to embroidery? I know Elenore does, her work is so beautiful mine couldn't be like that in one hundred years!

Is Slytherin the green colored house? I really liked their banner when I was in Hogwarts but I think I want to be in Hufllepuff with Elenore. I don't want her to get lonely in her last year of school. Is there a way to find out which house you will be in before you get to Hogwarts? I want to get matching accessories for my house.

My world is not little! My world is biiiig! America is bigger than France, i think. Michelle was saying something about geography but I got really sleepy. I do that sometimes when she starts talking about people who died ages and ages ago. Please don't tell anyone. I don't want people to think I'm not trying. I am, its just the words are very hard to read sometimes.

Right now I'm trying to compose an email to my friend Charles. i think he's mad at me because he promised to hang out with me at the Halloween ball but he wasn't there. Then he didn't reply to my emails or texts and didn't even send a thank you note for his Christmas present. I'm trying to figure out how to make him like me again but I can't think of anything. Do you now how to undo someone being upset with you?

Clara is fine, she says hi to you. She saw you in that newspaper picture at the ball and says you're growing up to be quite the heart stealer. I told her you never stole anything but she wouldn't listen. She's silly.

Oh my dictate-a-quill is running out of ink, I'll write more later!

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 am

21st January 2023

Mimosa,

I'm sure you did great with your present finding, people might just be slow in sending their thanks to you. And, of course, if they haven't done so already, I'm sure you can agree they're just rude. Have you not received the thank you card from the Palace for the family's presents? I'm sure they were being prepped before I left for University, but perhaps they got waylaid.

You can embroider one thing for both of them, yes. Maman and Papa are one and the same person.

I never learned to do embroidery. It's not something many men take up, truthfully. Much like your Grandpa, embroidery is not for me. So, you know you'll always be better than both of us at embroidery. Elenore is... very good, you're right. Perhaps you should tell her that sometime. Or, perhaps ask her to help you. I'm sure she would love that.

Slytherin is the green house, yes. The best house, too. Elenore will be fine, you can visit her at any time, Hufflepuff and Slytherin have their dormitories on the same level, so I'm sure you'll be able to sneak in -- I, of course, didn't tell you that you could do that.

I don't think there is a way -- you'd have to get hold of the Sorting Hat, and I don't think even a Clement could insist upon that much. Maybe go for neutral coloured accessories instead?

History is quite difficult to listen to, isn't it? Maman is much better at teaching history. She used to read history to me when I was smaller than you for bed time, but she made the stories much more interesting. I'll have to send word to Michelle that she needs to be more exciting in her retelling of the histories.

Have you started on the Clement history yet?

Is Charles definitely upset with you? Are you sure he's not just very busy? And, I don't know how to stop people being upset with you. No-one gets upset with me. Not for long, anyway.

Tell Clara I definitely don't steal. People give their hearts willingly.

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~

Last edited by Jacques Clement on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

25th January, 2023

Hi Jacques!

I got the thank you notes from the Palace really quickly, you don't have to worry about them getting lost. A real owl delivered them too, it was white with pink spots. I think Grandmere chose it for me! I want an owl one day, maybe I can pick one out when I'm in London next?

Charles still hasn't written back to me. Maybe he is really busy but we usually always write or email or text or something. Maybe he found a better friend...

Ooooh yay! I will ask Elenore for lessons, that would make embroidery SO much more fun. We can talk all day and compare our work and just have a blast together! Thank you for the idea, I'll be sure to tell her it was your suggestion. I wouldn't want to take credit for your good thinking. That's wrong, Grandpa says intel-chual property is important!

It's good to know that no matter which of the two houses i end up in, I'll be close to Elenore! Last time I told her she was really excited but so worried about me. She loves me big much!

The Clements are in history??? Are you there too? Why haven't Michelle taught me that part yet?

I don't have any special jobs lined up from here to summer, Grandpa and Clara say I have too little time to prepare as is. He has a small house in or around London somewhere and apparently it has to be cleaned and "aired" out. Did it not have enough air all these years? It has a funny name, Fuzzy Croft. i hope it had fuzzy, warm furniture. Grandpa says we will be living there for the time I go to Hogwarts but I don't want to move. I like California.

Oh, I'm going to a wedding in the summer though. I'm bringing Mercy as my date! You remember her from the ball don't you? Another good thing about going to Hogwarts is that I'll be able to see Mercy every single day! She is so much fun to be around!

Okay, gotta run, I'm getting an early start on all my Valentine's Day cards. I'm going to make them all by hand this year! what are you going to do for Valentine's Day?

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm

31st January 2023

Dear Mimosa,

A white and pink owl? I don't think the Clement's own such a breed of owl. I suspect, therefore, you might be quite right in thinking Maman was responsible for that much. London will be a good place to go for an owl. In to Diagon Alley, where everyone gets their owls. Though, even if you don't get one of your own, Hogwarts had lots of owls that can be used.

I think Charles is being unreasonable if he thinks he can find a better friend. Best not to think about it, Mimosa, you have lots of friends! Like Mercy, and Michelle, Elenore and, of course, me.

You don't need to tell Elenore the idea was mine. You can take credit for the idea, I'll let you, just this once! Elenore definitely loves you very much, so any time she gets to spend with you will be a treasure to her!

It's "why hasn't Michelle told me?" not "why haven't Michelle told me?" Mimosa, just for reference next time you say that sentence. If Michelle hasn't started to teach you about the Clements... well, I guess we're going to have to have some time on the Clements when you're here in the summer. Our family is hugely important, but I won't give you any spoilers. Also, yes, I am in the history books, though as of yet, I'm still working on writing my own legacy.

Well, you won't be moving to Fuzzy Croft, you'll be at Hogwarts. I'm sure if you ask your Grandpa nicely that he'll take you back to California in the holidays. Though, of course, not for the time you're supposed to spend in France with Maman and Papa, Elenore and I!

Yes, I remember Mercy! Who's wedding will you be attending? Maman hasn't mentioned that on the summer itinerary, but she's very busy at the moment, so I'm not surprised! Mercy seemed to be... something special, I agree.

I don't know what I'll be doing for Valentine's Day, truthfully. I think the University is having some kind of party at the local club, I haven't decided whether I'll be going just yet.

Have fun with the card making, I'm sure they'll look wonderful!

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~

Last edited by Jacques Clement on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 12:19 pm

4th February, 2023

Monsieur Jacques Clement,

I hope this letter finds you well. the owl utilized for this message was not made to withstand English rain, of which I understand there is plenty at the moment. The weather here continues to be dry and hot, tempting idle minds to wander to the shores in hopes of building a sandcastle or two.

Sooo? How did I do? Do i write like a real lady yet??? Is my letter writing as good as Elenore's now? Michelle's been making me practice but its SO boring. Why would anyone talk about the rain and the heat? Like, who cares right? Also, I'm not allowed to call you "My Jacques" in front of people, but its okay, I still will!

I'm almost done with all my Valentin's card making. My agent called yesterday and said I had an offer for an ice cream commercial in the summer. Should I do it? What do you think? I think I can but Grandpa says I'll be too busy with lessons and getting ready to move and going to stay at the palace. I asked my agent if I'd get ice cream and he just laughed at me. I don't like it when grown ups just laugh and don't explain anything. Grandpere never laughs at me and explains everything, he even lets me sit in his big chair in the study and lets me sign my name on papers.

Did you decide if you're going to the Valentine's party at your university? Are you going with a girl? Clara said you might. I think you should go alone, or you can take me with you if you like. I'm free on the fourteenth. We can do the spinny dance again!

Speaking of dancing, Michelle is going to start teaching me all the different ones. Why are there so many? Can't I just learn the one most popular dance? But she said it would help with my modeling too as most models know how to dance and can do music videos. Should I do a music video? i don't know how they are done but I can try.

Okay, I hear Clara calling for dinner. We ordered from the Thai place tonight so i get yummy soup! What do you eat at the university? Grandmere called today on the mirror and I saw her packing another parcel to send to you. I think you're getting fresh macaroons soon - if they haven't arrived already.

Love,
Lady Mimosa Harrington (see, I can sign like a lady too!)

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:17 pm

10th February 2023

Dearest Lady Mimosa Harrington,

Your letter finds one in the epitome of good moods due to the lack of rain present in England in this moment. Whilst winter rages the isles quite terribly, the rain has given way to a hard frost this morning, bringing with it the most splendid picture of the university grounds as if from a hallmark postcard. Had I the facility to do so, I'd have taken you a picture so that you could enjoy the weather, too.

Your letter opening was most beautiful, Mimosa, well done! How did your sandcastles go? If you haven't already, you should try making a replica of the Palace. Your owl got here safely, too, he'd been holed away in my room for the rest of the day, with something of an indignant look on his features -- one would suppose this has to do with the fact he was soaked through, poor thing. But, after some chicken scraps he seemed happy enough as he flew off through the window.

Also, I think the topic of the weather only needs to be brought up at the start of a letter trail, unless, of course, something significant comes up.

An ice cream commercial? Hmm... It sounds exciting to me, however, I think you need to take in to consideration your busy schedule this summer. You'll be at the Palace for a week, you will have lessons with Michelle to be present for, there's the wedding in Italy you are scheduled to go on, not to mention your school shopping -- unless you've already done that? But, so long as you think you'll have time to do all that, and the commercial, I don't think it's a problem.

Tell your Grandpa that I can take you, if it's his schedule that is a problem for the commercial. It sounds like your agent needs a firm word.

I will be going to the party, yes, but Clara is wrong. I'll be going on my own! Well, not alone, but not with a date. The other boys from university are coming with me. I would invite you, but I'm afraid this party is an adults only party. Maybe one day you'll be able to come, but not this year.

What will you be doing on Valentine's Day? After you've opened all your cards, I mean?

The more dances you know, the cooler you are. Just keep that as a note. Then you'll see why we learn so many.

What do I eat? Anything I want, of course. Maman fusses too much with her packages, she forgets I hired a chef for such things. I think she thinks I don't eat! Oh -- and you're quite right, Sherlock, Maman had sent me macaroons -- they were really good. Which reminds me, I must write to Maman to thank her, and update her on my first month back at school -- oops!

Yours,

Jacques

P.S. Do you know who's dropping you at Platform 9 & 3/4's yet?

~ Profile ~

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 pm

14th February, 2023

Monsieur Jacques Clement,

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! YOU ARE THE BESTEST JACQUES THAT EVER JACQUED IN THE HISTORY OF JACQUESES!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CARDS!!!

Also, Clara is reading this over the Quill writing this letter and she says to tell you she did not appreciate dealing with a literal truck load of Valentine's Day cards. Clara, stop envisioning my privacy, I promise I'll come down for a check up later! I'm fine, nothing hurts, I promise!

Okay, she's gone. She muttered something about "more money than sense" when she first realized the truck heading down our street (it was too big to come into our driveway and the wheels couldn't have worked on the sand) was for me. She's already in a bad mood because Grandpa got me a boat. My very own boat! It's not too big but it can fit two large or four small people easily. He named it "The Mimosa".

I loved your card especially and Elenore's too. It was so beautiful and when I opened it, it sang the honeybunch, sugarplum song. I'm going to write to Elenore after writing to you so i can thank her as soon as possible. I hope you liked the card I made for you. I used up all my glitter and good hearts on it. I made sure no surface was left unglittered. I even wrote your name in my own hand instead of sing the Dictate-A-Quill.

I still haven't decided about the ice cream commercial. I think you and Grandpa are right, I might be too busy. And I won't just be at the palace for a week, I'll be there all summer. Michelle is arranging to have our classes there and Grandmere said she would teach me history when i told her I couldn't concentrate. I'll be going to the platform with Elenore! We will go to Hogwarts together, isn't that the best thing ever?

Also, I'm almost ten years old, which is nearly an adult. I know a full grown adult who is as tall as I am and if he can go to adult parties, so can i! But it's too late now, so when you write back, please tell me how your party was. Was it as much fun as it would have been if I had gone with you?"

I'll be down in London next month to get all my school shopping done! Will you be free then to just hang out with me? We don't have to go anywhere. And if you need to study, I can just stay really quite. If you can't, then I will only get to see you in summer.
Okay, I hear Clara coming up the stairs, I'm supposed to be getting my medical check up done so I better go. Thank you again for all the cards, we can't really find a proper place for them yet so we're keeping them in the guest bedroom. I refuse to have even one thrown out!

Love,
Mimosa

Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 pm

20th February 2023

Dear Mimosa,

How did you know they were all from me? I specifically told... Never mind, I'm glad you enjoyed them all, they took quite some work!

I'll send Clara a present to make it up to her -- don't tell her that, though!

A boat? At nine! Merlin how very lucky of you! Papa wouldn't let me have one that young! Maman might have, but Papa said I was too young. Make sure you wear your life jacket when you go out, we don't want you to get in any trouble. When I make it to America, you'll have to show me The Mimosa! Oh -- and hopefully the owl kept hold of the package attached too, you need your pink 'Captain Mimosa' hat for your boat.

Elenore really thought you'd love that song -- it's really cute, isn't it? Make sure you do tell her how much you loved it, I'm sure Elenore will be so pleased!

As for my card, it's sat on my desk at university, so that I have it when I'm working. You did a great job with making my card, thank you so much! I've had glitter on my hands, face and clothes for days -- no matter how much I try to wash it out, it seems to keep coming back. The girls at university like the glittered hair look, though, so I guess that's another thank you to you!

Oh yes, all summer! Sorry, I forgot you'd be here all summer! Lots of people are coming and going over the summer period, but I shouldn't have confused your stay. Sorry, Mimosa! We can find lots of fun ways for you to learn about history. Reading books is all fun and games, but there are definitely much more fun ways to learn. We'll discuss when you're here.

Ah, so I will get to wave you off on the train! Then you and Elenore will be able to get a compartment together, and travel all the way up to Scotland together. Won't that be great? I'm so jealous of you two, I wish I was still at Hogwarts to see your first year.

Quite right, Mimosa, you're nearly ten. Next year, then! The party was very good. We had the club decked out in pink -- I couldn't help but think how much you'd love that -- and lots of hearts. There was really good music, and lots of dancing, for sure. There was lots of that nasty adult drink, you know what Papa and Maman drink on social occassions, going around, too. Obviously, though, I didn't have too much! I made a new friend that night, too. She's really nice, and really pretty. But, of course, she's not a beautiful as my Mimosa!

The night was very fun, but not in the same way it would have been fun with you. So, though you weren't there, I had a good time still.

I might be able to come to London -- but I can't promise. I'll let you know?

Let me know the outcome of your recent tests -- I'm away from the Palace, so I won't be able to ask Maman about the results she gets. I don't want to annoy her with questions, either. Be good for Clara, you know she means well!

Yours,

Jacques

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Jacques, With Love   To Jacques, With Love Empty

Back to top Go down

To Jacques, With Love
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next