Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 am

To pretend that he hadn't been expecting the question about his drinking habits would have been a blatant lie. In fact, Jackson was surprised it had taken Sasha this long to even broach the subject. But then again, she herself didn't seem much of a keg girl - surprising given everyone drank at college - so maybe it took her some time to notice that he was uninterested in alcohol too?

But the question was out now, and Jackson had never really lied when asked directly. He didn't intend to start now. A small frown touched his features but he reached across the table to squeeze her hand slightly, assuring her it wasn't her fault. "I'm a recovering alcoholic, Sasha," he spoke seriously, looking into her eyes as he admitted it. The first thing they taught at rehab was to get used to that word, to not be ashamed of it.

"I went to Salem Academy of Magic, an American wizarding school you may not have heard of, especially since Ilvermorny State became all the rage. Garbage school in my opinion but I digress." Shaking his head, the young man returned to the topic at hand. "Salem had three houses, Belladonna, Wormwood and... the party house. They call it Nightshade, and don't get me wrong, the house was my family while I was there. But there was this culture of drinking and partying and... the kind of stuff teenage boys basically dream of. Kids started drinking young in Nightshade, second year initiation is doing shots so you can imagine how easy it was to fall into the trap. "

It had helped that there was always someone around who could provide hangover potions, cleanse the body of alcohol before a student got tested by a staff member. And Jackson wouldn't even dare recount the secret passageway from the Nightshade dungeons to The Devil which kept the house in steady supply of the finest liquor available. Some Nightshades became connoisseurs, others became like him.

"I had a flask on me everywhere, in class, on excursions, to games. No one noticed of course, seeing a Nightshade with a hidden flask was so common, it was cliche. In fact, this little kid from Wormwood actually got me a flask for Christmas when what I really needed was help. Only one of my teachers ever noticed. Miss Azalea tried to get me to talk about things but I was too stubborn, and she left soon after so that was that."

Jackson stopped there, noticing the servers making their way to him and Sasha. Once their coke and sprite were on the table and the waiters gone, he continued. This would be the most difficult part.

"One night I was on the roof with this girl..." Diem Malik, a name that still haunted him, even if he knew it had no power over him now. "We were drinking, and doing the kind of things teens do under the influence. I was... pretty far gone, I don't remember much of that night. I just remember waking up and she.. she looked hurt." There were no words invented to describe his horror when he'd woken up to see Diem curled in on herself, quietly whimpering as the pool of blood around her grew. Later on, when she was in recovery, she had sworn she told Jackson to stop, that he was hurting her, that she was in pain but, she claimed, he hadn't listened. Jackson on his part had no defense because he couldn't remember. The contents of his flask may as well have been an obliviate in drink form.

"At that moment I knew, I had to get away from Salem. I would never stop drinking if I was still a Nightshade, and the idea of having possibly hurt someone made me sick to my stomach. So I walked into the headmistress's office and said I wanted to withdraw. She needed confirmation from Merida so I told Merida everything. She agreed to take me out of school on the condition that I check myself into rehab right away. Which I did." The rest, he was sure Sasha could piece together on her own. Jackson was very committed to his sobriety, the last time he'd had a drink was when Judith had left him, and that was years ago. Baring that relapse, the young wizard had been on the straight and narrow since.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Sasha listened what Jackson said there now. She decided not to disturb him and just listen to his story there now why he didn't drink alcohol. Actually, all that made now total sense to the girl. If she had gone through something same then she probably wouldn't touch it too.

"This is something I didn't really expect to hear but it does make sense why you trying to do drink any alcohol there now. It does explain a lot," she said and tried to figure out what to else to say there now. She just knew now something about him finally. Even if it wasn't really the good stuff she learned about it but she knew he was doing now so much better than in the past.

"Thank god I haven't had any problems with alcohol before. I just don't like it that much. Never been a big fan of alcohol or even parties what have it. Just never been my thing," she said about herself why she didn't really like alcohol. "Of course you can say I have tried them but didn't like them. I prefer sodas and juices more," she added there now. Sasha has never even been drunk before, so drunk that she has a hangover or doesn't remember anything next day. She has always been the good girl most of the time, she would rather focus on her studies than go partying.

"Well, you had really terrible experiences with alcohol and really hope you're doing now so much better. Alcohol can be the devil and ruin people lives. So yeah it's better not drink it much," she said. She just it would best to stay away so much you can from it.

"Anyways how you become a politician, after all, that?" she asked there now. She was curious about it too. She was sure that there was some kind of story behind too now. She really wanted to get to know Jackson more. She still there tried to figure out her own feelings. She knew she liked to spend time with Jackson but was it just that or there was something more going on, she wasn't really sure.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Honestly, it felt good to tell her what was possibly his biggest secret. Not because it was a real secret as much as it was the most personal thing about him. His heckling into rehab was public record, anyone could get to it with enough digging. But hearing his side of the story, the days after Diem, the shame and gully an self loathing that had led Jackson to cut ties with his school because it reminded him of what he might have done to a poor girl.

Sasha to her credit amazed him at every turn, she really seemed to be the most perfect being in the world, because she simply nodded and accepted him. Jackson tried hard but he saw no judgment in the redhead's eyes, no accusation. She seemed to believe him when he said he would never hurt a girl in that way. And most days, Jackson couldn't even believe in himself.

"You know you're amazing right?" he murmured softly, squeezing her hand before letting go. "You really are a miracle."

Just then, their servers approached with fresh menus even if their sodas were untouched. Waving them closer, Jackson figured they might as well get the ordering over with. Time to see if Sasha was a salad girl or if she actually ate. "The steak tar tar for me please," the young politician ordered, barely glancing at the menu. "With a side of fresh vegs." He waited politely fro Sasha to finish ordering and then watched the waiters leave.

"I actually started doing community service while in rehab," he admitted. the days had been long and he needed something to focus on. Idle minds devised ways to get alcohol so the natural step was to keep his mind busy. His sponsor had been the lifeline Jackson was looking for.

"It wasn't much at first, handing out flyers, organizing stuff for our church, putting together a jamboree. Public service made me feel like I was...giving back somehow. Merida and I owe a lot to Green Lake, and if I wasn't doing anything else, at least I could hand out some flyers. Except that led to more stuff and within a few years, our mayor died and I was nominated to replace her. Our town is small, but voter turn out is smaller still, I won by a landslide of some seven votes and became mayor."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Sasha has learned is not to judge people by their past basically and just by the cover too. There is much more to see as it might seem at first. She might be young still but there is so much more than she knows but still, she makes mistakes in her own life and does or says things she shouldn't.

Sasha smiled when she was called there now a miracle. "Thanks, I suppose," she said there. This was probably a compliment or something like that. She really wasn't sure what she should be doing with Jackson exactly. All she knew that there might be feelings still and then again right now. She knows she needs to figure it out. It's wrong to lead someone really.

Sasha finally looked at the menu there and wondered what she should even take. She just couldn't decide what she should take. She knew she was hungry so something that would fill her stomach would be nice. "I will take the same," she literally decided there at the end. She knew she didn't want a salad and some other things. Steak seemed to be the most delicious things on the list for her.

"Oh, I see. I probably wouldn't have guessed it happened that way. Well, I guess you did then pretty good job so people voted for you," she said there with a small smile. She herself would never see herself as major never. She has lately thinking maybe she should do something with art or then something else. She hasn't yet decided what she wants to do in her future. She is so confused still what her future holds for her.

Sasha mostly wasn't sure what else they could talk about there. She wasn't sure what to else to ask or say. She knew they should talk about something or there will be an awkward silence.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 am

"I don't know if I did a pretty good job," Jackson confided sheepishly as their food arrived, identical platters placed in front of them. It looked like Sasha could stand medium rare meat too, the girl kept on becoming more perfect.

"Or rather, I don't know if I did enough. We were already pushing for our own high school so Green Lake kids wouldn't have to go out of town to study. And plans are underway for our own hospital too. An yet we have a long way to go before I can feel like I've done enough. " It was a sentiment only people from small, close knit communities would understand, Jackson knew. People who literally had no one but their neighbors to rely on for survival.

"Do you like small towns?" Jackson suddenly asked halfway through lifting a forkful of meat to his lips. "And don't feel pressured to say you do because of how much I love Green Lake, I can deal with differing opinions," he joked. "Well, on most days anyway, otherwise they'll revoke my man card." Milwaukee was nice enough, very convenient and yet Jackson knew that if there came ever a day where he would make a permanent home, it would be in Green Lake or a small town like Green Lake.

"You know I haven't invested in a house yet, except the one Merida has thanks to squatter's law. We lived there and maintained it so long, city hall officially declared it ours after twenty years." Of course, he had been rather influential with city hall at the time, bu that was just a coincidence.  

"I'm nearly twenty eight, about time I invest in some property," he thought out loud, scooping some mashed potatoes on his fork. "Any idea where a good investment place would be?"

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Sasha nodded her head there and listened what Jackson said there now. She really wasn't sure what she should there now about it. It was good that they wanted their own school and hospital ta the town. It would be nice to have in one place and you wouldn't have to drive to other town or city. Sasha has never been very picky about her food, she basically eats everything.

"Well it's nice of you trying to get those things to your town," she said there with a small smile. "People yes need school and hospital," she agreed with that there now. She tried to say something at least what seemed like a good idea.

"I can't say if they I like them or not," she said there honestly. "I have always lived in London. The big city and barely been out of it to small towns. So I really can't say if I like them or not," she added there now. She really had no idea if she would like to live in small town or not. "Well at times London is too busy for my liking, so I would like to live in the smaller city one day maybe yes," she added this even there now. She had no idea what she wanted from her future yet.

"I don't have my own house yet too or property. I haven't really needed it yet. Maybe one day," she said there and sighed. "But if you want your own house then go for it. If it's your wish I can't stop you there," she said with a small smile on her face. "No I don't know any good places where to investigate in," she said there honestly and did cut herself some of the from the meat to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 3:33 am

Jackson hadn't really thought of what they were trying to accomplish as "nice", but that was mostly because Merida didn't throw around such frivolous words. In her home, there were things that needed doing, and things that could wait. As a result, Jackson wasn't raised with the strict discipline of making his bed everyday. There was little point when he would mess it up again that evening. The trash however did need taking to the curb every single day or the raccoons would get into it. And that was pretty much Merida's entire parenting style.

"I really should be more serious about housing," the young man reprimanded himself as they finished their meal. The sun was was about to set and Jackson had a notion of maybe taking one of the readily available rowboats out a ways into the sea to witness the sinking star properly. Should Sasha be amenable of course.

"Though our real estate people are regular sharks," he joked, an easy grin on his face. "If you think politicians are bad, you have yet to see realtors. Especially when they see a single person interested in property purchase." An idea struck him then, and the wizard posed it to Sasha without much thought.

"How about I line up some viewings for around Christmas time? Do you think you can help me out like you're doing here? I can always use constructive criticism on the property and if we both go together, the agents won't be likely to try and fleece us as much." Christmas time would be the only time Jackson would have off after this Summit, and Sasha would likely have a break from her university too.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

Sasha didn't really know much about politics or even buying a house. She has never really yet been interested in neither of them. She knows that one day she wants to buy herself her own house maybe but she still has time for it. She knew there are many years until she can do it even.

"Well if you want a house then yes," she said there back with a small smile when they had finished their dinner now. It had been good actually. Better than she had expected. She knew it was already about the time that sun will set soon.

"Oh well, I guess they are that. Never had to meet one myself yet," she said there with a small smile. so she had no idea how bad people those real estate people really were. She has heard terrible things about them from people and that's all basically.

She wasn't sure how good idea it would go with him to buy some house. "I will think about it. And let you know at some point. I won't promise something I might not keep in future," she said there with a small smile. She knew that she will have Christmas time free from her school but she was sure at some point Jackson would have to find out her real age. She has no idea how he will take it. She still feels bad about lying of her own age there.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 3:31 pm

When they'd both finished heir meal, Jackson signaled for the check, handing over his key card so dinner would be charged on their room. To say that he wasn't slightly put off by Sasha not agreeing straight away would have been a lie, but in truth he had expected as much. the redhead seemed to keep a lot of information to herself, which was possibly part of her allure. What the young wizard would give to read her mind right now.

"Tell you what," he winked, receiving his card and making to stand up. "I'll sweeten the deal. If you come help me with this gargantuan task of picking a house, I'll take you back to Green Lake for a few days. You can meet Merida and all the townsfolk. Though be warned, they might make a huge fuss over you." The last time he had brought a girl over... had been never. Somehow Jackson had always suspected Judith would look down on his quaint little town and like a coward, he had decided to never confront that issue.

Helping Sasha from her chair, the raven haired man securely wrapped an arm around her, leading her out to the restaurant and towards their beach bike. On the way, he stopped to ask the hostess where the best spot to watch the sunset would be. The woman politely replied that the entire island was a suitable option but after a bit of insistence finally admitted the truth.

"Actually, the best spot has been taken over by one of the delegates. There's a giant luxury yacht called The Lady Claudia Clement anchored at Glimmering Bay but I can direct you to the second best spot." Having gotten the location from ehr, the young couple was back on the shiny yellow bike, heading to a place called Sunset Beach located about twenty minutes ride away.

"We watched the sun go up today," Jackson remarked as the wind whipped his hair only to move on and play with Sasha's red locks instead. The way it tugged on her sundress and exposed bits of her pale, creamy skin was also highly appreciated by the politician. "Only seems right we see it go down too, yeah?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:12 am

Sasha knew she shouldn't hide things from Jackson but she wasn't sure how to tell some of the things she was hiding but she knew one day they will come out. She wasn't even sure if she should help Jackson to choose the house. She actually wanted to help him there but then again she didn't want too since that could lead things to go even further than they are already.

Sasha listened what Jackson said next. The girl could tell that he really wanted her help there choosing the house. "I really understand that you want my help and really try to get it every possible way now. But I will still think about it for a few days. Even if yeah your offer seems very nice," she said there with a small smile on her face. Even if Sasha has grown up in the city she would never look down on the small town. She just is a very good-hearted person.

Sasha just smiled when Jackson helped her up from her chair and they walked out of restaurant Jackson arm wrapped around her. She basically followed there Jackson's way. She listened to Jackson and hostess conversation there now. She didn't interrupt there once again. There was no point really.

Once they had their directions they began to go towards that place with beach bike again. "Yes, it would be a good thing to do yes. I really would like to see that with you together," she said with a small smile and still did hold her arms around Jackson. Even if yeah she wasn't afraid of this ride anymore. Still, she couldn't really let go of him. She knew her hair was playing in the air because of the wind. When the girl noticed that wind tried to uncover too much of her skin. Then she did her one hand to pull it down again.

Sasha knew Jackson had already seen everything. She smiled and tried not think too hard what had happened just a few hours ago. She also began to slowly realize her own feelings there. This was also what made the girl be even more confused than she really was right now. She has begun to really love to spend time with Jackson.

Soon they were at the spot what the hostess had mentioned and it did really look a beautiful there. It did really seem a good place where to watch the sunset. "I think that hostess might have been right about this place," she said there with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)   The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023  (Sasha) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cayman Islands - 3rd June, 2023 (Sasha)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next