Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Exploring the Islands (Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Exploring the Islands (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Since Louis and Vanessa Clement decided to spend their nights on the boat rather than in hotel then Sierra here had free nights. She wasn't really sure what she should be doing with those. It has been for awhile she has had them. She herself stayed in the hotel right now, she didn't really feel very comfortable on the boat.

Anyways this is how she ended up exploring the Cayman Islands. This place seemed to be so interesting and there were so many different things she could do. It wasn't very late in the night yet but still, most places were already closed. So she tried to find herself some activity or place what was still open.

She just wasn't sure what she should be doing here on the islands. This was new territory for the young woman. She was just trying to get more familiar with the place so she won't get lost next time when she needs to go somewhere. Right now she didn't really have exactly direction where she wanted to go. Even if she should have since she might get lost.

She was glad that she had grabbed the map from the hotel lobby when she left the islands for exploring. The map could help her to understand how to get back to the hotel when she gets lost. While looking at the map she didn't exactly notice where she walked, so she walked into something or someone. When the young woman realised it was someone. "Oh, my god, I'm sorry," she apologised there right away.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 pm

The Cayman Islands were stunning. Jake had seen his fair share of beautiful places from his travels with Veronika in their time together and even back to his short relationship with Mari, but nothing compared to the beautiful scenery of the Cayman Islands. From the moment he'd touched down on the first day, though, Jake had not yet had time to fully appreciate the beauty of the islands.

Once they'd arrived, the auror squad had gone to work to make sure the hotel rooms for the two Ministry officials had all the necessary checks and wards placed. Once the Minister and his assistant had been taken to their rooms, the Auror squad had been called in to a meeting, split in to two teams -- a night shift, and a day shift -- before being sent off to go over their roles, arrange their patrols, and then split off in to their respective squads.

He had to admit, though, he'd gotten the better deal, being on the day shift meant Jake did not have to try to flip his sleeping schedule a full one eighty. After a quick shower -- the twenty nine degree heat did not bode well with Jake, he'd never been too good with the heat, in truth, and wearing full Auror uniform was no fun, even in highly air conditioned rooms.

Dressing down a little bit more, Jake had headed out of the lobby of the hotel in search of something of a more low-key restaurant. Just as he headed out of the hotel, though, something -- or rather, someone -- collided with him as he looked to the left for an idea of which route to take.

The Auror held out his arm to catch the witch who'd collided with him, making sure that she didn't stumble or fall before it came back to his side a moment later. Never one to enforce his presence on someone, the Auror took a half step back, getting out of the woman's personal space.

"No need to apologise, no harm done. Are you okay?" Jake asked the woman, making sure she hadn't hurt herself in the process. It took Jake a moment, but then he caught something... something he vaguely recognised, and the Auror slowly removed his glasses.

"I'm sorry if this sounds vastly forward, but... have we met before?" Jake asked, because there was something familiar about the witch before him, but he couldn't quite place her.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Exploring the Islands (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Sierra found this place really amazing and she could tell this place was a good place to have a vacation but currently, she wasn't on it. She did have some free time but this wasn't exactly the vacation. She was here mostly to work as always. Maybe, later on, she might get few days off.

Anyways right now she had walked into the someone. She was glad that there wasn't really no harm done. She looked at herself and did straighten her dress a bit what she was currently wearing. "Seems like I'm fine too," she said with a small smile.

When he said she looked familiar and they might have met somewhere before then she took a closer look at the person in front of him too. She tried to think where they could have met since she was sure he looked familiar too but she couldn't tell right away where.

"It could have been a few years ago maybe. A time when we were in school still. I'm really not sure," she said there with a small smile. She really couldn't tell when and where exactly they had met before. "Depends really which school you did attend and it could have been easily some event even between different school if you went to different school than me," she added there now. She tried to recall where they could have met.

She was sure that he might be magical one like she is. "I did attend to Lugarmago school and was one of the last graduates of that school before it burned down," she added there now about her own school. Something told to her that he didn't go to that school but some other one.

She couldn't really recall all people names and meeting places who she knows from the past. Mostly those are hard to recall with who you haven't talked for years already.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Knowing that the witch before him was okay, Jake relaxed, his features pulling in to a small smile knowing that the witch before him was not harmed in any way. He hadn't believed she would be, but it was polite to check, regardless.

The explanation of where they could have met was one that Jake was agreeing to in all the right places. Though he couldn't remember the witch from Salem -- Jake had been much too much of a people's person to not remember the woman before him -- the offer of Lugarmago made Jake realise how he remembered the woman before him.

Azalea Harrington.

"Ah, yes, I believe so. I'm Jake, by the way, Jake Newbury." He offered, wondering if that might jog the witch's mind. If not from the school, then perhaps from Quidditch, because his career had been ever so successful. "I was there the day Lugarmago burned down, actually... I still have a scar on my back from then..." He explained, the memories sad, to say the least, but coming back to hit him hard and fast.

Taking Azalea to Lugarmago.

Listening to Azalea as she spoke of her day at the school.

Meeting some of Azalea's students at various events.

Jake shook the thoughts from his head, before offering the witch his hand. "And, you would be..?" He prompted, waiting to make proper introductions whilst he still tried to place the witch in full. Ignoring how his mind kept trying to go back to the witch who had left him so many years before.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 pm

When he said his name then something began to form in her mind where she could have known him but she wasn't yet that sure at first. When she kept there talking then it all began to click in her mind.

"Oh, you were the witch Azalea Harrington boyfriend or something like back then. She did teach in my school some point. Even if I and Aza met through prefect duties," she said there now something back to Jake.

"Oh I'm Sierra Stark," she said her own name too finally. She realised she didn't say it earlier. "Anyways how is Azalea doing now?" she asked. "It has been years since we did last time even speak. Probably a bit before the school did burn down," she added there now. Of course, Sierra had no idea that Azalea was dead. She didn't get that news since she was never really very close to her.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 pm

When Sierra finally filled in the hole of where they knew one another, Jake nodded briefly at the explanation, knowing that he didn't wish to dwell on that too long. That had been a very long time ago, after all, and Jake had closed the door on that relationship a very long time ago.

However, Sierra pressed on with her question of how Azalea was, and Jake found himself opening his mouth to answer before it slowly closed. His eyes averted from the red head in that moment, guilt sweeping through him as he realised that he had never, to this day asked after Azalea's whereabouts, or how she was doing.

I have one last request of you though I fully realize I'm in no position to make requests but if you can find it in your heart to oblige, please don't attempt to contact me. Don't try to see me, don't write to me, if you see me at schools do not approach me.

The words still played in the back of his mind after all these years, the letter that had been left on that Valentine's Day of 2013. He'd done exactly as she'd asked, hoping... blindly, stupidly, that she might come back, but Azalea Harrington had never come back, never contacted him, never needed him.

"I... wouldn't know, we went our separate ways many years ago now." Jake told Sierra with a smile that did not meet his eyes. Whilst he was over Azalea Harrington, the memories of that day were not pleasant, at all. "But, knowing Azalea, she is probably doing great wherever she is!" Jake finalised, this time sounding much more like himself, because if there was one thing Jake did know, no matter what Azalea thought, she was destined to be a great witch.

"So, umm... how did you get from Lugarmago school to being at the ICWW Summit? Are you representing one of the countries?" Jake asked, already beginning to look impressed with that idea, though he would wait for confirmation before he jumped the gun too much.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 6:34 am

Sierra didn't really know that Azalea and Jake had gone their separate ways at some point. She then again was never really close with neither of them. So she really couldn't have known it. The young woman could tell that Jake didn't really like to talk about Azalea.

Sierra could even tell that after all these years being separated he still cared deep down about her even if he probably had moved on with his life. She didn't really have no idea what had exactly happened between those two and it wasn't really her business, to be honest. So she decided not ask any further questions about it.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know that you two were broken up. You both just seemed so happy together when I saw you two together last time," she said there. She just had to say it. "At least it's good to know that she might do great where ever she is," she added with a small smile on her face.

"Nope. I don't represent any country. I'm here as an assistant to Lady Clement. My family females tend to be that already for centuries. My aunt passed it down to me since she herself had no kids," she explained why she was here. "What about you?" she asked back there now. She had no idea why he was here in the first place too. "Oh and what brings you out here?" she asked that too. She just tried to keep the talk going on. It was actually nice to meet someone from the past even if they never talked much before.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm

The apology was one that Jake waved away. It didn't matter, truthfully, what Sierra had said, Jake knew the witch was not trying to hurt him, or be vindictive in any manner. "We were happy, but, things change, it's life, I suppose." Jake replied to that with a small smile to show he had no hard feelings over what Sierra had just said.

With the topic moving on to why Sierra was here, Jake nodded when Sierra explained that she was not here as someone in charge of a country, but instead with one of the more influential families of the event. Jake hadn't fully known about the Clements, in truth, before the Summit had come about. Hailing from America, the European politics were not something that he was interested in.

Hearing Sierra's family had held the position for some time was interesting, though. "Don't they live in some... castle, or something?" Jake asked, he'd had a quick read after falling short of the subject in the Staff Room in a conversation with Grayson and Andrei, but he hadn't been overly interested, truth be told. "So, what does your job entail?" He added, curious as to what kind of assistant Sierra was.

"I'm with the Auror division. Security detail for the British Minister of Magic. Day shift, though, so I get the evenings off whilst we're here, which is quite lucky, really." Jake explained to the witch. Whether she would find his career interesting, Jake didn't know, but to him, it was one of the best jobs in the world.

"I was just heading out to find something to eat, and get a drink, too. Would you... care to join me?" Jake offered, though he added quickly a moment later. "Unless, of course, you had other plans, then I really won't try to keep you."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Sierra wasn't sure what she should say about Azalea there now so she decided to drop that topic. Seemed like Jake wasn't really into talking about it and she wasn't really someone who goes into other people business too. So yeah it was better to drop it for now at least. Maybe later she might ask something but not now.

Sierra knew she would have to explain her job more. People always asked more about her job when she said she was assistant to Lady Clement. So she was used that there will be more questions about her job.

"Yes, they basically live castle, even if they called it Palace. I have my own room there too," she said there with a small smile. Explaining this was easy. "Basically I'm planning events, arrange different meetings for the Lady Vanessa Clement. Basically, every appointment she has is arranged by me. Also, it's my job that she is there at the time," she tried to explain it all so best as she could.

"Oh as Auror. That's interesting a job for sure," she said there with a small smile. "I have a brother who did choose that path too, becoming an Auror. I might have chosen that way too if it didn't follow my aunt footsteps instead," she said there with a small smile on her face.

"I was actually trying to explore the island but I think I just got lost. So I was looking and map. So that's why I didn't see you," she explained what she was doing earlier and maybe grabbing dinner would be nice. "Actually eating dinner sounds nice. I exactly haven't had it too," she said. "So erm, which was is nearest cafe or restaurant?" she asked there now.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm

As Sierra explained her job, correcting his use of 'castle' to 'Palace' the Auror gave a small, apologetic smile to show he had not meant offence when he'd used the term. Though, in his own mind, he had absolutely no clue as to what the difference between a castle and a Palace was.

"That sounds very interesting. So, you're a personal assistant, in essence? Arranging the Lady Clement's diary, and such. Must be quite the challenge. If I'm right in my brief bit of reading, the Lord and Lady Clement reside over France... something like the Royal family in England? Lots of engagements, I would imagine." Jake replied, though he couldn't be sure, it definitely sounded interesting. "Do you ever get to go to the events?" He added, looking curious.

"It's very interesting! Oh, which Ministry does your brother work for?" Jake asked when the witch said her brother was in the same profession. From the top of his head, Jake couldn't think of an Auror Stark in the British Ministry, but he could, of course, be wrong.

When Sierra explained that she was going exploring, Jake nodded, thinking he was going to miss out on having company for the evening, but when Sierra said she wouldn't mind getting something to eat, Jake couldn't help but smile. "Great! How about we grab something from the cafe just along the road, something quick and easy, and then we go exploring together? I'm quite good with a map." He added, a little cheekily, because Sierra had ran in to him whilst trying to use it. He was, though, only teasing, but it seemed like a good use of both their time here on the island.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Islands (Jake)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next