Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Exploring the Islands (Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:29 pm

"Oh well yeah, there is even diary arrangements yes. Everything needs to be in order," she said there and sighed. "This job isn't easy task yeah for sure. It takes a lot of energy for sure," she added there now. "Oh yes their considered royal family in French," she agreed on that there now. She thought has she even been one of those events too. "I might have been a few probably. When I have time and don't need to arrange something else," she said there and sighed.

"She works in French one of course. Since this where he lives too," she said with a small smile. "So yeah you probably haven't met him," she added there now. Her entire family as far she knew mostly lived in French. She barely actually knew even her own family. The only people who she knew was her two siblings, her aunt and parents.

"Well sure we can grab something to eat," she said there now with a small smile. "I'm usually good too but this map just gives me a headache. Not sure why," she said and sighed now. "So actually your help might come handy with this map," she added with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 9:14 pm

"Really?" Jake asked when Sierra spoke of the Clements being the 'Royal' family of France. He realised, in that moment, that he really didn't know his students all that well. He'd taught two Clement children for over seven years now, and not once realised that either one of them were from a family of such power and influence. Though, of course, Jake had never been one for reading up on the history or politics of any country in his life, it would be unlikely he would start with a country he'd never truly explored.

"Ah, yes, that makes more sense. We do work with other Ministries from time to time, but I haven't worked with the French force for some time." Jake explained, giving a small smile. He was utterly relieved he hadn't forgotten a colleague, because that would have been thoroughly embarrassing moment for them both.

"Great! Do you have any thing in mind that you'd like to eat? I will eat literally anything, so we don't have to worry about me." Jake explained, moving off, but checking Sierra would follow him. "It would be a pleasure to help you. I was going to explore later too, so, at least we'll both have some company." Jake replied as they walked towards the many restaurants and bars.

"So, apart from working for the Clements, how do you spend your time?" Jake asked, trying to get to know the witch a little bit more as they walked.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 pm

"Well they are yes considered as that," she said there. Well, at least this is what she has understood awhile being there. She knew French history for sure. She had to learn it school basically. French history is quite interesting one for sure. Even Sierra found it more interesting than England history at times.

"Well yeah he hasn't been as Auror there long I think. We aren't really close lately. So yeah I just know he is one now in French Ministry," she said there with a small smile. She tried to keep contact with her siblings but they were lately busy with their own lives too.

"Well, I'm not a picky eater either. So anything will be good really. Something that is delicious. I haven't really checked restaurants or cafes out here yet," she said and sighed. She really couldn't pick something. "Probably nothing very healthy. Don't feel like being healthy today," she added there with a smile. "Sure that sounds good to me. Yeah having company awhile exploring can be more interesting than doing it all alone," she said.

"Well, nothing much. Try to spend time with my friends, family. Well, I also like to read. I don't have really much of hobbies. Mostly after my work day I just wanna relax," she said there with a small smile. "What about your hobbies?" she asked there back now too.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 10:47 pm

When Sierra said that she didn't want anything too healthy, Jake couldn't help but smile. Very few women were so brazen about not wishing to watch their diets, but it was refreshing to hear it. "Very well... how about..." Jake looked around before noticing something that looked easy. "Coconut Joe's Beach Bar & Grill?" Jake asked, motioning to the sign of the bar. "We can get a quick steak and chips, and be on our way in no time?"

Whilst Jake hadn't really planned on sitting down for too long, going to a McDonald's or a Burger King on such a beautiful island seemed such a waste.

Assuming the witch would agree, Jake would lead her in to the bar, and get the a table. The menus would come, they would order their own food and Jake would concentrate instead on what Sierra had told him about her hobbies as they'd grown closer to the bar.

"You'd get along with my sister swimmingly. She loves to read, always has, she has a thirst for knowledge that is insatiable, I'm sure." Jake told the witch with a small laugh to show that he wasn't sure how to deal with such a situation. "And, excuse me for being so bold, but it sounds like you need to negotiate a little more time to yourself, to do things you would like to..." The Auror said carefully. It didn't, to him, sound like Sierra got enough time to do things that interested her, and that was something that Jake wasn't completely comfortable with.

"Me? I like to go and see Quidditch games when I can. I work out in my spare time, though I suppose that is to keep in shape with work..." Jake explained, trailing off for a moment. "But, mostly, I like to spend time with my two children, doing whatever they would like to do, because that is the most rewarding activity in life, seeing them smile."

Jake wondered how that piece of information would sit for the girl opposite him, but it was the truth, being a father was the most wonderful feeling in the world, second to nothing.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 am

Sierra did have a diet at times for sure but she did let herself be spoiled at times too. You can't always eat healthily. "Oh that sounds a good idea, haven't had neither of them for a while anyway," she said there with a small smile on her face. "Well mostly the chips part," she added there. She didn't really eat those things much.

Anyways they then went to that bar and took the table there. Soon after that, they did order something to eat. So now there was some time until the food will come.

"Oh, I see. I don't think I have met your sister before but it would be lovely to meet someone who loves to read too," she said with a small smile on her face. Sierra knew basically what Jake said next was true. "Maybe yeah I should do it but then again it won't be that easy thing to do. Even if I had free time I wouldn't really know what to do with it," she said there now. She had lived basically like this for years. So it was to her already becoming normal to not have that much of free time.

"Nice. It has been awhile I have gone to the game. Well actually never been before on those adult Quidditch plays. Only school thing back in the school," she said there now with a small smile. "Oh, how old are your kids? I assume they're with someone else than Azalea," She knew it wasn't probably a good idea to mention Azalea's name but she still did. She just was curious about it a bit.

"I don't have yet any kids and don't even have a boyfriend. So having kids is very unlikely," she said there with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am

Jake gave the witch a small smile when she admitted she hadn't had steak and chips for a while -- honestly, to Jake, it didn't sound like being around these Clements was very much fun at all! "Well, I guess you can enjoy the treat then!" Jake replied kindly as they sat.

"Victoria will love it, too." Jake admitted, though he wasn't sure how you went about setting up your younger sister to meet a stranger without that being more than a little bit weird. He would, however, think about it, and if possible, find a way to make it happen.

The saddening thing, though, was the admittance from Sierra that she wouldn't know what to do with her time if she had it. Jake thought about offering up some suggestions, but he felt now that he'd pressed that one too much, and decided not to say anything. Instead, the ex-Quidditch star couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Sierra when she said she hadn't seen a Quidditch game in a very long time -- since school? "I'll take you to a game, if you'd like? When you have some free time, of course. But, I wouldn't mind a spot of company, if you wanted to go and see a game." It was an offer she could deny, but Jake hoped that she wouldn't. Not for his own purposes, but because Sierra really did need to go out and enjoy herself.

"Ivan is six, and Adrienne is almost four." Jake replied to the question with a fond smile. "And, no, neither of them are Azalea's. Azalea and I broke up before we could really decide on children." Jake explained, though, in reality, they'd never had a choice. Azalea couldn't have children, and it had been a huge factor in their break up, of that much Jake was sure, even if he'd told her it didn't matter, Azalea had not listened.

"They're my... ex-wife and my children." Jake explained, hesitating on the term 'ex-wife' because he hadn't exactly filed for a divorce in the years since she'd left, but... he was quite sure she wasn't coming back, even if he still wore the wedding band to this day.

"You have plenty of time for children." Jake replied with a warm smile. "They're a big commitment, too, I wouldn't encourage anyone to jump in to the situation without carefully planning it, first. Though, of course, that's not always possible." He explained, though he knew he was rambling slightly. "Do you want children, eventually?" Jake asked politely, wondering the younger witch's view on all of this.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Sierra smiled there now. Being Clement's wasn't always fun, yes but it was her job now and she couldn't really walk away too. It would look bad. So she has decided to keep up with it all. "Yeah, I will enjoy this treat," she said with a smile.

She wasn't sure how good it was to meet someone who is stranger. Even if she was always up to have more friends in her life. She barely had any left and she had no idea most of the time even sure what all her old friends were up to.

"Well, going to game actually would be an interesting idea. I'm not sure even when is the next game right now," she said. "Oh and having company awhile going there would be nice too," she added there now. She did basically agree to go there but she wasn't sure when she was free right now. "Well but yeah not sure when I'm exactly free but I'm sure I can ask some day off or the evening or when that game is happening," she said with a small smile.

"Oh their still young," she said with a small smile. "Oh, I see," she didn't really know what had happened with Azalea. All she knew that Jake and Aza used to be together back in the day. Anyways now they were broke up.

"Oh, wow. I guess it's not my business why you and your wife aren't together," she said. She wasn't sure if she should even ask why they did divorce there now.

"Well, I actually do want have kids. Well at least one. I have always like kids, even if I have never had one myself," she said there now. She really wanted to have one kid at least one day but she had no idea when it will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 4:52 pm

"Great -- I'll get a list of good upcoming matches and send them to you by owl?" Jake offered when Sierra agreed to going to a game with him. "Then, you can let me know when you're free, and I'll book us the tickets!" He explained, hoping this would suit the witch's interests. "Unless getting you by Muggle technology is easier, but I wouldn't wish to assume anything."

"Very young, but also growing up much too quickly, too." Jake replied, trying not to think too much about the fact Adrienne would be going off to play school in September, and his babies would, therefore, no longer be babies. It was scary, where all this time had gone, but Jake was enjoying watching them grow.

"It's okay, I couldn't tell you the reason, even if I wanted to." Jake replied to the witch with a small smile. Whilst it might be a sore subject, it wasn't one Jake could do anything about. "She left one day, and never came back." Jake added, because the first sentence was a little bit cryptic in hindsight. "But, it's okay, I have my two beautiful children, and they're all I need."

As Sierra explained how she would like a child one day their food arrived to the table. After it was set down and the waiter disappeared, Jake smiled across the table. "It's a great experience, I recommend it to everyone. But, they need a lot of time." Jake explained, giving a small shrug.

"So, tell me, what do you want to see this evening? Have you been to the beaches yet? Or, were you looking to explore the town a little bit more? We've got a fair amount of time before the sun goes down, so anything's possible, really..." Jake prompted, before bringing a mouthful of steak up to his lips to eat. He hadn't eaten in hours, so the first bite was quite heavenly, in truth.

"Mmm, so good! How's yours?" Jake asked, motioning to Sierra's plate in the process.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 11:56 am

"I think yeah owl works the best since there are no devices like phones allowed in the palace," she said there and sighed. Just Clements didn't like those things being used in the palace. So even she couldn't use one there but she had one not work related cellphone, she had bought it just in the case but she never used it in the palace for sure. "Yeah sure works for me. Even if most evenings I might be free but when it's at day it can be a bit tricky at times," she said there with a small smile. She is sure she will figure out something out.

Sierra nodded her head there. "Well yeah they grow up eventually," she said there and smiled. She didn't really know much about kids since she herself didn't have one even if she did saw some of Clement kids to grow up, well she wasn't there from the start but she saw them still growing up.

"Oh wow. That's a rude thing to do. Just leave and never come back. I would never do such thing for a good reason," she said there and sighed. She couldn't understand why his ex-wife did something like that left him and their kids even behind.

"Well, I might have some one day. When I will even find someone with whom to have them. Don't really wanna be a single mother. I won't have time for that," she said there and sighed. She really wanted to have kids one day but she had no idea when it will happen here. "First I should find a boyfriend or even get a husband," she said there and sighed again.

"How about the beach, some other places where to eat in. What else is there?" she asked there now. She really wasn't sure where they could go there now. She hasn't really explored anything on this island yet. "Oh, also different places in the town too. I have seen so much as I have walked past of the buildings and so there but never really checked what was were," she said there with a small smile.

Sierra took a bit from her steak too and smiled there. "It's really good," she said there now. It was really good steak for sure. She missed eating it.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm

The knowledge that no technology was allowed in the Palace was a notion that confused Jake -- after all, these things worked in their world now, so why would you not entertain something that would be much easier to use? But, instead of asking such question, Jake simply accepted the response with a small nod. "Okay, I will do that!" Jake replied with a small smile.

Sierra's reaction to Veronika's leaving brought a fond smile to Jake's lips. "I am quite sure Veronika had her own good reason. She just didn't choose to share it with me." Jake explained. He had loved the woman deeply, he still did love the woman, but she had broken their family apart upon leaving, and Jake didn't think he could ever forgive her for that. Though, to anyone else, he would defend her, because no matter what Veronika had done to their small family unit, she was going to be thought of in a bad light on Jake's watch.

"I think you need a boyfriend, before you look for a husband." Jake joked softly, knowing what Sierra had meant, but not managing to stop himself from playing with what she'd said in that moment. "But, yes, single parenting is very hard, if you can find someone who is willing to go through all of that with you, I would definitely do it that way." Jake encouraged.

"We can go to the Seven Mile Beach," Jake offered, before thinking. "I believe, if I remember correctly from the hotel staff, there is also a Shipwreck and Artificial Reef that we could look at? Oh, and there's a crazy golf course just along the way, if you're in to sports?" He offered, though the term sports was used lightly here, because crazy golf was not really a sport, in Jake's mind, anyway. "And we can have a look over the shops when we come back, too." Jake offered, giving a small shrug of his shoulders.

"I'm glad. Consider it a gift, from the British Ministry -- I'm not paying for any of my meals whilst I'm here, so I'll put yours on my tab, too." Jake explained, giving her something of an abashed look, but really, Jake wasn't too worried about admitting that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Islands (Jake)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next