Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Exploring the Islands (Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Not allowing technology in the palace was at first stranger for Sierra too when she went to work there. For now, she has got used to that rule. She isn't sure exactly why it is like that, she never understood that really. Some reasons Clement's don't like it. Sierra just nodded her and smiled there. There was no point saying anything about that matter.

"She might yeah had her own reasons. She should have shared them," she said there and sighed. She was glad that she didn't really have anyone like that in her life. Then again Sierra didn't know much about love since she has never been really in very deep love.

"Well yeah finding one isn't easy when you barely even go out," she said with a small smile. She knew finding boyfriend wasn't an easy task for her. She didn't really wanna be single forever too. "Well yeah finding someone like that might not be easy task yes. Hard one," she said there and sighed. She has never even had a boyfriend before, just crushes on boys and that's all.

"Oh yes, all those places sound like a good idea. I haven't been near any of them yet," she said with a small smile on her face. "Sports, if you consider running around in high heels at times as sport then yes I'm interested. Never really played golf before but I can try," she said. "Oh, sure we can look at shops too, not sure how many of them might be still open."

"Oh okay. Well, yes I have heard that most every country ministry is paying for the stay here and also food," she said there with a small smile. "Oh and thank you," she said there with a small smile, she didn't have to spend her own money there now too.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 pm

"She should have." Jake replied softly with a small nod. It didn't really matter, though, it was the past. Jake had forgiven the witch a long time ago, after all, she'd given him one of the sweetest presents in the world in his two children.

"Easy solution, though, go out more. Though, if I may be so bold. Don't go to clubs looking for someone. For some people, that might work, but I can guarantee you a lot of the men in that club will be looking for only one thing, and a good relationship is not one of them. Though, big generalisation, and nothing wrong with that, if that's what you want." Jake pointed out, because he doubted Sierra would really know what had happened if she went to a club without a good idea of what was about to go on.

"You've never played crazy golf before?" Jake asked, looking quite surprised at that. "We have to play then, it's so much fun!" He insisted, taking another mouthful of his food as he smiled across the table at the witch. "More so if you're drunk, but I'll teach you to play first before we try it drunk!" He explained, really not believing the witch hadn't already played.

"If the shops aren't open, we can just window shop as we walk, it's not a problem." Jake pointed out, though he wasn't too fussed with the shopping part, truth be told.

"It's normal, on business trips, anyway. Because you're out of area, so you can't be expected to cover your own food. I assume the Clements are looking after your dinner costs?" He asked, curious to know if the French were keeping up with their neighbours, or falling short with their staff. "Or, are they cooking on the ship? I hear the Lord and Lady Clement aren't staying on the island, which is a little bit odd... if you ask me, anyway. I mean, have you seen the hotel they're passing up on?"

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am

"Well I guess yeah I should go out more. Oh yes, some my other friends have said it too that club isn't a good place for it. And I get what you mean if you say males seek there for only one thing," she said with a sigh. "Even if I'm sure one day I will find the right guy for me. Eventually, it happens," she added. She knew it will happen one day.

"I actually haven't yeah played it. Actually, there is a lot of sports or games I haven't played really." Sierra was never really much into the sport or then even games. She just mostly focused on her studies. Even if she now didn't use much of studies from her school. She didn't really need magic every day in her life. "Oh yeah, it probably won't be a good idea to get drunk. I'm getting easily drunk too, way too drunk. Never really been a fan of alcohol. Yeah, you can teach me without being drunk yes. I need to learn basics anyways first." She did barely drink it anyways. Only on rare occasions really.

"Oh yeah I guess window shopping can be fine too," she said with a small smile. She wasn't really very big shopper anyway. She went shopping only when she really needed something. She never went shopping just because she needed to spend some money of hers.

"Oh yeah Celements pay for my food costs and some other costs probably what will come in the way," she said with a small smile. She was kind of glad that she didn't have use her own money there now. "Yes, they have their own cook on the ship. Oh and their boat seems to be even more luxurious than these hotels here. So that's why they decided to stay on that boat not book a hotel room. Even if I tend to stay on the hotel more, just give them some privacy on that boat and also for me it's more comfortable to sleep in a hotel bed than some bed on a boat," she said and did explain some things kind of.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 10:39 pm

"You don't like sports, then?" Jake asked when Sierra admitted to not having played very many. He understood, of course, sports were not for everyone, but he did assume that most people had had their fair share of exposure to sports so that they could have tried some of them. "Apart from Quidditch, are there any sports you do like?" He added, just in case he'd missed something there.

Jake couldn't help the small chuckle that came from his lips when Sierra said she didn't drink very much either. Merlin, at this rate, he was going to have to ask what the witch did do, apart from work. But, of course, such a question was rude, and Jake would never ask it. "Well, I suppose that's a good thing, then. Being sober makes it easier to teach."

As Sierra explained how the Clements ship was better than the hotel, and that they had their own chefs on board, he had to admit he was slightly sceptical. Had they seen the hotel? But, then, Jake had seen the ship currently in port at the island. It was an impressive looking ship, but surely it couldn't be as luxurious as a hotel... could it?

"Well... that sounds quite the experience..." Jake managed after a few moments, finishing up his steak and placing his knife and fork down. "At least you had the sense to come on to land. It's much better, I would imagine." He said, waiting politely for the witch to finish her own food.

Once they were both done, Jake paid the bill, as he'd said he would, and the two got up from the diner. "Shall we?" The Auror offered, waiting for the witch to be ready before he guided her from the bar. When they were back in the heat of the street, Jake took out the map he'd been given earlier, and took in their position compared to the golf course.

"This way," He said, leading up the street, but not too quickly that Sierra wouldn't be able to keep up with him. "Did you want to do the golf, or just head up the beach until we get to the shipwreck? I don't mind if you don't want to play golf." Jake offered, making sure Sierra made the decision, because he didn't mind personally which they did. It would just be nice to have some fun with someone whilst he was here.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 am

"I do like them, well used to but now I don't have time for sport," she said there simply now. She didn't really have that much of the time. She used to like sports more but now she is more lady like most of her day. "Well I used to like running, well jogging at early mornings before classes but now I barely do it. Also, some muggle sports games are interesting to watch," she said there with a small smile.

Well, Sierra didn't drink because she will be drunk just after a few glasses and she will do things she might regret later. So she doesn't wanna do it. "Yeah it is probably easier to teach yes when you're sober," she agreed with that.

Well, Sierra didn't always understand everything Clements did but she didn't really judge them. She knew they had their own ways to live and she had come to terms with them.

"Well yeah I thought same at first," she said there and sighed. "Anyways it's just who they are I guess," she said there with a small smile. She didn't really wanna discuss Clements that much. "Oh yeah, well hotel seemed just so much better for me," she said with a small smile.

Sierra finished her steak soon after Jake. "We shall." Sierra followed there now Jake. She wasn't sure which way she should go now since Jake had the map now.

"Let's go to play golf and then to see that shipwreck," she replied to the question Jake had asked her there now. She decided to make at least this on the night in her life fun.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 7:23 pm

The list of sports that Sierra liked made Jake nod, not really having much to work with on that topic of conversation he decided to let it go, it was easier than trying to force the topic, after all.

When they'd established the plan of golf, and then heading to the shipwreck, Jake nodded, and showed the witch down the road. They continued down the road, with Jake pointing to some of the local hot spots (as per the map) and some of the quirky items in the window. There wasn't much time that passed in silence, and before long, they were at the crazy golf course.

Jake excused himself from Sierra for a moment to get them the equipment -- a pink ball for Sierra and a green one for Jake, and two putters -- and paid over the small fee for the game. They were given a card to keep score, and Jake moved back to Sierra with a smile on his lips. "Here you go, one ball for the lady, and your putter!" He said, handing over the two pieces of equipment.

"I'll go first, so you can see, and then I'll help you." Jake explained, showing Sierra to the first hole before setting down his own ball. The first hole was just a simple zig zag where, if you just kept the ball straight, you would be able to get a relatively easy hole in one. That, of course, was not always the easiest thing in the world.

Lining up the shot, Jake stroked the ball firmly, though slightly off centre, which meant his ball hit the back, behind the hole, and ricocheted sideways away from the hole. Grimacing slightly at the lack of result, Jake turned his attention back to Sierra, smiling at her as he motioned for her to come to him.

"Your go!" Jake insisted, waiting for her to come to him, and then denoting she should drop the ball on the carpet. Jake then showed her how to hold the putter, hands a good distance apart, but not too far. He then showed her where to hit the ball with the putter, and took a step back.

"When you're ready... Keep your eye on the ball." Jake told her softly, hoping he'd explained himself well enough.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Sierra was kind of glad that she didn't really ask no more questions about her lack of sports interests really. She knew she wasn't so interested in it as she was when she was younger.

Sierra listened what Jake introduced there to her when they walked by the stuff. It was more interesting than being in the silence for sure even if that happened at the end but she was glad that did reach to the crazy golf area.

Sierra waited a bit further where you buy golf things. There was no point going them to go do it the same time. Anyways she was kind of glad that Jake once again paid for her too there. She took the ball and putter from Jake. "Thanks," she said with a small smile. Then she followed Jake again towards the first hole.

When they were there then Jake showed how it's played by himself and Sierra just watched how he did it. She saw he didn't really do that well if she was right but she could be easily wrong she didn't really know much about the game.

It was her turn now. So she listened what Jake said her to do now and she did. She placed the ball down. She soon was holding the putter right there and even every distance seemed to be right. So the girl did take a deep breath and a few seconds later she did hit the ball but it didn't end up going very far really. Her hit probably wasn't really a strong enough there now. The ball just ended rolling middle of the zigzag or so.

It wasn't really that near of the hole. "I guess yeah not beginners luck there," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Watching Sierra step up to take her turn, Jake hoped the witch would do well. Her stance was good, her grip seemed right, and her direction was almost perfect, all that was lacking was a bit of pace behind the shot.

The comment from Sierra brought a soft laugh from Jake's lips, as he motioned for her to follow him down to the ball. "It was a good first attempt, though!" Jake encouraged the witch with a warm smile. "Perhaps try again, maybe the same pace, and you'll get down towards the hole. In fact, try a little bit harder, but, of course, don't over hit it, otherwise it could end up anywhere!"

The instructions were meant to help, but Jake was sure Sierra would be able to make her own decisions on that one. Deciding not to interfere so soon, Jake waited off by the side for Sierra to take her next shot, hoping she would get it in on her second go, because that would be a very good. Though, of course, if she didn't make it on her second shot, Jake would still encourage her on.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Well, it was time to try again and so that's what she planned to do anyway. She hoped this time it will really work out for her. She did listen what Jake said there now. She looked towards the hole and took a deep breath again. She knew it's not that hard actually, there will be even harder once later on. She looked at the hole and then back at the ball.

She knew Jake tried t help there but yes she would have come to that conclusion herself there too. "Thanks for the help and suggestions," she said there with a small smile on her face. She really was thankful. She at least tried to be there so nice as she could.

She took the same position as before and looked at the ball. She did hit the ball now a bit harder and this time it somehow even ended up going towards the hole. And a few seconds later it did end up going to hole. "Nice, I made it," she said there happily.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

As Sierra took the shot, Jake watched as the ball went in on the second stroke and couldn't help but smile. "Hole in two! Good first go!" Jake encouraged, pulling out the score card and noting it with the pencil in his left hand with a small, and not very neat '2'. Moving on, Jake easily knocked down his own ball with little and less bravado before noting down his score as well.

"Next one!" Jake said, motioning Sierra on to the start of the next hole.

The first few holes were just funny shapes, nothing of great difficulty, in truth, and the pair worked through them methodically, neither one of them getting ahead on the scoring as they carried on. By hole ten, though, the challenges had become increasingly more difficult.

The hole was one that made Jake step back and look, trying to work out his tactics on how to tackle this one. You'd need both pace and direction, which was often difficult in this sport, especially with quite a small hole to target. "Would you like to go first?" Jake asked Sierra, motioning for her to go if she wished.

Though, secretly, ever so secretly, Jake was hoping she wouldn't get through the first couple of goes, so that he could help.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploring the Islands (Jake)   Exploring the Islands (Jake) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring the Islands (Jake)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next