Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Supply Run (open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Supply Run (open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Supply Run (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Supply Run (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Supply Run (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Supply Run (open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 1:37 am

The beginning of summer brings a welcome opportunity. The opportunity to sit down and write. Then write some more, and finally write a bit more until the first draft of her book is done. At that point, she will read it and then likely write some more, and all that writing is gonna need something to go on. She also was going to need some stuff to write with apparently because it seemed like all the writing stuff in the house is missing, or otherwise preoccupied.

This predicament, therefore, brought Janet to one of her favorite shops, Scribbulus Writing Instruments! She grinned as she entered the shop, beelining for the quills and browsing the different types before simply grabbing a couple of the higher quality ones. This way she can figure out which she likes better. Next stop, Ink! She grins and quickly moves to gave at the ink brands, head tilted slightly. What was the difference?!
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 pm

The Palace of Versailles was a place that, despite it's size, could become very claustrophobic for short periods of time. These times were, quite unfortunately, highly linked with the arrival of one Mimosa Harrington. The Clement Ward was doted upon by everyone in the family, and Elenore was, in short, nothing less than jealous of the witch.

Or, perhaps more fitting, afraid of being replaced by the witch.

It had been the reason Elenore had opted to come to Diagon Alley for herself instead of sending one of many of the Palace's staff to do her shopping for her. And, seeing as her parents were out of the country, it had only been Jacques she had to answer to. Her brother, though looking very confused with the notion of going to Diagon Alley to do your own shopping, had agreed with little and less argument, simply making Elenore promise to stay out of Knockturn Alley, and to make sure she was back before the workers came out of the Ministry and in to the Leaky Cauldron.

Though Elenore knew Jacques had done much, much worse in his own exploring of the street, Elenore had agreed. She simply needed to get away and if it only took a small promise to Jacques, Elenore could do that.

Most of her list had already been bought -- the Palace staff were nothing short of efficient in that manner. So, Elenore was left with the more personal items. A new quill would be necessary, with the ink with gold flakes she loved to write to her Grandmere with. The parchment would need to be of the highest quality, and, of course, Elenore would need to see to a present for Mimosa.

Jacques was starting the preparations for the young Clement ward's tenth birthday, but Elenore had not looked twice at the plans he'd made, knowing they were never going to hear the end of this.

Moving along the aisle, Elenore paused before the inks, scanning the bottles with little and less enthusiasm, she knew the brand which she would be purchasing, but she always looked over them for different ideas. Though, today, with a small smile on her features, the young witch denoted that an ink had been made with the scent of Fleur de Lis infused within it.

Interesting, the youngest Clement though, reaching out to take the bottle from the shelf, and bring it closer for inspection. The Fleur de Lis was so very French, it was highly out of place in a British shop. But the Fleur de Lis... it was a scent the young Clement witch used most often.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Supply Run (open) Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Janet looked up at the other girl in the aisle, watching as she picked up one of the fancier looking bottles. It was on one of the shelves that had various scented inks and Janet frowned slightly before turning back to her own shopping. There was no use in writing her book in a frilly ink like that. The scent liekly wore off after a while and this was only the rough draft anyways.

That of course didn't stop her from gazing over at them again in curiousity. They would be good for letters. Surely the scent would hold long enough that Owlivia could get it where it was going before the scent wore off. Janet glanced at the ather witch, looking ot be about her age, though seeming to be better off than her. Not in any particular way, other than she simply looked like she didn't quite belong in the little shop.

Janet studied her face for a split moment before turning back to the shelf she stood in front of. The girl seemed familliar like Janet had seen her around before but nonetheless she wouldn't stare. It was rude.

She knelt to look at a lower shelf, narrowing her eyes some as she read the labels. This particular section of the aisle looked to be all the generic, boring inks, but that was fine. They were cheaper and generally of better quality than some of the other inks. She grabbed a dark purple colored one and stood, reading the label carefully and checking the price. This seemed like a good choice and she grabbed three more, moving down the aisle some to look at the more interesting inks. It was always fun to see what new ideas were being created by... whoever made ink.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 am

It was, in Elenore's opinion, always very easy for an individual to know when they were being watched. When one was brought up in the Palace where every move you made was inspected, criticised and duly noted, one knew when eyes were upon you. Elenore's posture straightened only slightly in that moment, always impeccable in that manner, but habitually just correcting the slightest of imperfections.

However, Elenore was not greeted with a conversation, so when the feeling subsided, she looked across to try to find the culprit of the look. Her eyes fell upon a witch her own age, one Janet Shinings, if Elenore was correct. A Slytherin witch in her year, but not a girl Elenore had ever made time to get to know.

Slytherins, in Elenore's opinion, were likely to be in her brother's pocket, and Elenore did not trust anyone who might know Jacques. Merlin knew what they might report back to him, and Elenore was not one to wait to find out. Turning her attention back to the ink in her hand, Elenore decided that she would purchase this one, and her usual gold leaf ink which she would get from behind the counter.

Glacing across once more, Elenore took in the witch who'd been looking at her, and noted how she was looking at the plain inks. Unfortunate, Elenore thought to herself. Writing, in her opinion, had always been on of the more interesting outlooks in life.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySat Dec 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Janet picked up a glittery ink that had a slight floral scent to it and shrugged, looking at the label with narrowed eyes. She tilted her head and murmured to herself. "Infused with the flowers of the brightest hills? I suppose this would work for letters to family members." Most of which lived father than it was worth to travel unless you planned to stay for a week or more.

Janet glanced up once she grabbed the frillier ink and smiled at her, holding the ink up with one raised eyebrow. "Do you know if this is a good brand? I usually go for the more basic inks for my book but I'm considering this for various letters and such."

Janet bit her lip, going over her lip in her head quickly, checking the small pile of items cradled in one arm. She still needed to grab some parchment before she went home. But that shouldn't take long surely, she would be writing in no time, and a good thing too considering her newfound Ravenclaw friend had helped her come up with many new ideas and concepts to incorporate.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 4:38 pm

As Elenore moved to walk past the Slytherin witch, the other girl had the audacity to speak to Elenore as if she were some kind of staff member of the shop. Did she look like the kind of person who knew which ink was the best ink to purchase in a variety of inks available? Of course she didn't, she was a Clement!

However, Elenore Clement was very capable of hiding those kinds of thoughts, and instead focusing on keeping her features trained in a manner that did not suggest such a question was beneath her. Instead, the youngest Clement schooled her features in to a small smile to the Slytherin witch instead, and contemplated the question with which she'd been presented.

Looking at the brand, Elenore began to nod before noting the infusion it had been given. A small look of amusement touched her features in that moment. "The brand is fine, in my opinion, not the best, but it is durable enough for letter writing. However, your choice of scent that has been infused with the ink leaves a lot to be desired. I would suggest picking something a little more... specific than that of 'flowers of the brightest hills'. Such a comment is lacking in any kind of inspiration."

The comments might have seemed a little off, but Elenore was a believer in scents being specific, and matching as much as possible. "I would, perhaps, suggest a scent that matches your perfumes, or something similar. Then, whomever you're writing to will be able to relate -- consciously, or not -- that is coming from you." Elenore suggested, though whether the witch before her coordinated so particularly all her scents to have her 'own' scent be known to others, Elenore could not be sure.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Janet grinned as the other girl looked at the ink she held out. She listened to her comment carefully and tilted her head slightly by the end of it. Something that matched her perfume? Janet nodded slowly, though she didn't often wear perfume.

"Thank you so much. I just don't usually use scented ink, but I decided I'd try it and you seemed like you knew exactly what you wanted." She smiled sheepishly. "I usually stick to plainer stuff." She held up one of the purple inks before placing the scented one back where it went.

She then turned back to the other witch and shifted her stuff into one arm, holding out her free hand for the other girl to shake. "I'm Janet by the way. I absolutely love that dress. I doubt I could ever pull it off. That color always seems to look bad on me but it looks great on you!" She gave the girl a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 pm

The comment of knowing what she wanted was one that Elenore gave a small, brief smile towards. There was nothing more to say on that point, she'd simply managed to look like a know-it-all, apparently, when it came to inks, at least.

Janet's comment of always picking the plainer inks made Elenore let out a small laugh, not in a mean manner, but to show she understood the sentiment. "It's okay, the plain inks do exactly as you need them to, after all." Though, Elenore rarely used such boring inks, she knew other people thought them practical. As if gold leafed inks were any less practical?

Noting Janet put the scented ink back, Elenore deduced the witch was not quite sold with the idea of matching it to a perfume. Shame, the French witch thought to herself, but decided not to push the subject any further in that moment.

The proffered hand of Janet's with the introduction made Elenore consider the witch for a moment. She did not know who Elenore was, it seemed, and yet Elenore knew who she was. After a moment, Elenore took her hand, and shook it gently. "Elenore." The witch replied, deciding upon leaving out her surname because it would likely not do to throw Clement around here too much.

Janet went on to compliment Elenore's attire, and the witch looked down at the dress she had borrowed from her Maman's wardrobe that morning. Not that Elenore would ever admit to such a feat, of course, she smiled at the witch in that moment. "Thank you, Janet. I'm sure you would look great in it, and, if not, you can always transfigure the colours. My seamstress is very good with such spells." Elenore explained.

"Your outfit is quite wonderful, too." Elenore added in the moment, though as with most of the Hogwarts students' attire, Elenore would never be seen wearing the same outfit herself.

"Are you in Diagon Alley for the day?" The Hufflepuff asked, knowing it was much too soon to try to shake off the witch before her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Janet blinked in slight surprise as the other girl laughed. She hadn't really realized that was funny but she smiled along at her next comment. "That's true. I personally just don't see the point in using a fancier ink for the purpose I'm putting this towards. I'm currently writing the first draft of a book I'm working on and will likely cross out words, and write between lines and end up throwing this copy away. Therefore I feel I should stick to a plainer ink for better legibility and to spend less money." Janet lifted a shoulder in a half shrug.

She knew she had somewhat repeated herself at some point. She wasn't even really sure why she was explaining herself in the first place. She could choose whatever ink she felt like. Though she showed no hostile feeling towards the girl and gave her a small smile, for it didn't seem like she was judging her, Janet just felt defensive at the moment she supposed.

Janet grinned and inclined her head slightly as the other girl spoke her name. She had, of course, heard of the Clements but hadn't ever put Elenore's face to her name.

Her nose wrinkled slightly as Elenore commented that she would look great in at as well but nodded in agreement as she mentioned a spell to change the color. She glanced down at her own outfit as the other girl made a comment on it and chuckled. "Well, I suppose. Not my fanciest, however. I may have worn something nicer if I'd known I was meeting a Clement." She looked back up at the girl with a smile.

"Yes, I decided I would pick up some school supplies and various other things today since it seems we're completely out back at the house. I was going to grab some lunch after this and then head home." She grinned and tilted her head. "And you? Are you here for the day?"
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 pm

The explanation for the simple ink was one Elenore merely nodded at. She was not fond of those who wrote books. Writers were, in the words of one author, a bunch of people who did not really side with those of a sound mind. Not to mention if she so much as showed an interest, she would likely get a full blown explanation of a book that would unlikely be of interest to her.

The classics, after all, could not be replaced.

Instead, Elenore gave a small smile in respect of the explanation, and instead turned to Janet's later comments. It seemed the witch was clever enough to place Elenore despite the Hufflepuff only giving her first name. Whilst not unsurprising, Elenore could only be amused at the idea Janet would make an effort to dress nicer for a Clement. "You need not worry, we're not anywhere official where such actions would be necessary." Elenore assured her. They were in Diagon Alley, after all, it was hardly like Elenore had invited the Slytherin to a Ritz-Carlton for a Gala Dinner!

The idea of being 'completely' out of things was an alien concept to Elenore. The Palace was always stocked beyond necessary with the items she and her family might need. Running out of things would mean someone, somewhere, was not doing their job correctly, and that simply didn't have.

"Just passing time by picking up a few things myself rather than getting the staff to do it." Elenore explained. "Though, I'm hoping to stay as long as possible in order that I can..." Elenore trailed off. "Just in order to stay busy." She rectified with a small smile. She would not think of the small child who was currently driving her up the wall, nope, that child was not of importance.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Supply Run (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supply Run (open)   Supply Run (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Supply Run (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next