Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

ICWW Summit: Day 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Administrator

The Administrator

ICWW Summit: Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am

Day 3

ICWW Summit: Day 3 Rsz_fi10

The third and final day of the summit loomed clear again, another bad omen. Yesterday's debates still hung in the conference hall, palpable. The delegates seem to cut through it like fog this morning, ready to make their final decisions. The secretary wondered if any of them actually cared about their constituents or if the decisions rested merely on self profit. Some delegates were easier to read than others, and it was the harder to gauge ones that worried Ng Yu Soh the most.

Today, the final vote would be cast. the numbers once again glowered behind her as she stood to deliver her final address. The most dangerous numbers in the world, she thought as she spoke in vain to the people who seemed bent on the destruction of the world. Would those numbers change today? Would a proper solution be reached in time?

The secretary took her seat once more, this time waiting more anxiously than she had before though little of that anxiety showed on her professional, painted mask. Today was the day for the final yays and Nays. All each representative had to do was stand, and vote.

And watch the world crumble if enough of them voted wrong.

List of countries being represented:

1. Algeria
  2. Azerbaijan
  3. Belgium
  4. Canada
  5. China
  6. Denmark
  7. Dominican Republic
  8. El Salvador
  9. Fiji
  10. Finland
  11. France
  12. Georgia
  13. Germany
  14. Greece
  15. India
  16. Japan
  17. Jordan
  18. Kuwait
  19. Serbia
  20. Somalia
  21. Spain
  22. Sri Lanka
  23. United Arab Emirates
  24. United Kingdom
  25. United States of America
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 8:12 pm

The mood in the room was palpably tense, for many reasons, perhaps the least of which being the vote itself. A somber air rested over the delegates gathered there, and Lucien...Lucien did not think it was right to be there at all. Not after the tragedy of the previous evening.

Politics were unfeeling, but people didn't have to be. A man had died--a good man, from what little Lucien had known of him. A man with a family halfway across the world who could do nothing now but grieve. And here they were, carrying on with proceedings as if nothing had ever happened. No, it didn't seem right at all.

Yet here they were. And though the decision now seemed to pale in comparison to the monstrous event that sat fresh in all of their minds, it was no less important now than it had been yesterday.

When it came down to it, Lucien, like any sane person, had a couple second thoughts. He was, after all, deciding to change the world. A simple yay or nay could determine the fate of, not just wizardkind, but all humanity. It was ridiculously stressful. Did he really want to do this?

Well, yes, of course he did. He'd been thinking about it for months, arguing for it, debating over it. His position on the issue was clear. And yet...what if it didn't go the way he expected it to? What if he was wrong? What if now really wasn't the right time?

He couldn't honestly say that the opposing side's arguments hadn't affected him at all. He was well aware of why many countries wished to retain the Statute, at least for now. He understood them, and he understood how terrifying this vote must be for those who wanted things to remain the way they were. They had much more cause to fear him than he had to fear them. If the decision didn't pass, so what? Nothing would change, they'd try again in a decade or so. If the decision did pass, the world would never be the same--for better or for worse.

The safest option, undoubtedly, was to vote nay.

But progress was never achieved by playing things safe. And fear...fear was never a good reason to do anything. Decisions based on fear were the cause of many of the world's greatest mistakes--including the witch trials that had prompted the Statute in the first place. No, fear would not hold him back from seizing the future. Not this time.

And then of course, there was the Minister. Do us proud, he'd said, before Lucien had boarded the plane. The Minister had agreed with him at every step, and was trusting him to stick to his plan. No matter what other terrible incidents wore on his mind today, Lucien would not return home with his tail between his legs. Not when his friend was counting on him. This decision was not about him. It was for the people back home. It was for the greater good.

He stood from his seat when it came to his turn. In a loud clear voice, he spoke nine words that could possibly change the world forever: "Canada votes yay, for abolishing the Statute of Secrecy."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 am

If she was perfectly honest, she did not know when her heart sank further: when people abstained from even debating, or when people just brought forth insecurity into the thoughts that had plagued her at night.

This whole summit proved to be fruitless. Either people were concerned only for their own magical people, their money or their power. She had wished that they could have debated more in the public. Perhaps it was foolish of her to pour her heart and soul when others simply stayed mum. That was when she realized that there was little hope for this to properly be instated.

So as the countries moved forward and the dread grew more and more, she knew that perhaps it wasn't the time to move forward for her hopes and dreams. There would be people out there that would actually bring fear into certain communities and she could not have the guilt ise within her. She had been silly in thinking that they could have instated something that would create a proper flow.

When Dominican Republic changed their own view, she knew that it was over. Getting up, she bit back the waver in her tone as her breathing echoed through the microphone.

"Counsels, I now see that perhaps we are not ready to properly remove the statute without a foundation. Throughout this time it is clear that none of us actually discussed plans, or a time frame to properly promise the safety of both societies. Perhaps an amendment could occur and down the line, but none of us have been properly pushed to create a change. I wish to abstain my vote until I hear the others. I apologize for this inconvenience. But I have more to think about."

Back to top Go down
Louis Clement
Adult
Adult
Louis Clement

Birthday : 1973-05-29

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 8:52 pm

The final day had come around with much of a headache. As if watching someone die had not been worrying enough for the Lord Clement as he held his wife close to him, not letting her go since the shots that had been fired, the world had not thought that enough. As they had spoken in soft words of their native tongue -- Louis explaining what was going on to Vanessa without the gorier details, and Vanessa soothing his worries, calming him from making rash decisions that would invoke suspicion, as well as reading those around them and explaining what she saw to her husband, neither one of them could have fathomed what they would find when finally Louis was able to apparate them away from the hotel.

When they'd landed on the beach not a moment later, Louis' eyes had travelled back to the hotel, trying to work out how in Merlin's name someone had gotten away with murdering the British Minister, when he felt Vanessa's body go tense. By instinct, the Frenchman had pulled her back, away from what was causing her stress as he turned to see the body of a young woman led on the jetty that allowed them to board their ship.

Much too late, Vanessa had seen more than Louis would have liked for her to be submitted to, and he turned them both away as his Patronus rushed off for the staff.

It was the early hours of the morning before either of them were able to be alone once more, and Louis' eyes were full of concern for his wife. Vanessa had never been a weak woman, she'd never been someone he deemed 'delicate' on the matter of death. But, he would never, ever, pretend that the death of anyone was easy to deal with. Trying to deal with the deaths of two people in one day, therefore, was not going to be an easy task, for either of them.

Louis had stayed awake the whole night, simply watching Vanessa sleep in his arms. She'd berated him once... twice, when she'd woken, insisting he get some sleep. Louis had simply waved away her worry, pressing a light kiss to her forehead as he insisted he would sleep when they were safely away from the island.

That, however, had left Vanessa awake in his arms from that moment, leaving the peacefulness of slumber to simply sit quietly with Louis until the sun rose the next day. Then, and only then, had the two readied themselves for the final day of battle. Dressing in the French finery of the Clement house -- in perfectly complimenting outfits -- Louis in black, and Vanessa in a beautiful white dress -- Louis had returned to Vanessa's room before they were to leave and dismissed the staff. A necklace box in hand, he'd laid it upon her dresser for her to inspect.

The diamonds were sparkling from a fresh polish, and whilst not over the top, the expense of the piece was quite clear, but that was not Louis' reason for helping Vanessa place the piece around her throat with very careful hands.

"Un sort de protection, ma chérie." Louis had explained softly when Vanessa had raised a silently questioning eyebrow at him. The Lord Clement was not a coward, he would not be bullied in to anything he didn't wish to do. However, he could risk his own reputation, even in front of Vanessa, so long as he had reassurance that she would not be harmed. Because it went without saying they'd spent too long apart, and he would not, for a single moment, put that possibility before them.

And, as if ready for the question that would not leave Vanessa's lips, but that was clear in her eyes as she looked up at him in the mirror, Louis' right hand moved to his left ring finger, gently motioning to his wedding band to tell her she need not worry for his safety either.

The ten delegates that had proceeded France in the vote had given a mixture of votes. Louis was glad to see everyone was conforming to the expectations he and Vanessa had set for their vote -- well, except for the delegate from El Savador, apparently the witch wished to wait until the end, as if her vote mattered more than anyone else's. Louis' features had remained neutral as he took in the room, wondering how everyone was taking the fact proceedings were continuing despite what had happened last night.

When France was called to the podium, Louis and Vanessa moved up together, fluidly, confidently, and ready to deliver their unchanging vote.

"Thank you. France will not be bullied by the events of last night, and push forth in to the change that is needed for all. France votes Yay, for abolishing the Statute of Secrecy." Louis explained, looking out across the room with a neutral expression. Someone in this room had committed a crime in the last twenty four hours to try to waver the votes, and Louis was not going to change their plan.

With that said, Louis and Vanessa returned to their table together, Louis picking up their notes once more, and denoting the current stance from the machines behind the podium that were counting the votes for and against.

Un sort de protection, ma chérie -- A protection spell, my darling

~ Lord Clement ~ Profile ~ 55 ~
ICWW Summit: Day 3 Signat10
Thank you to the amazing Ruby for the signatures! <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm

If Aldric was being honest, the events from yesterday made no difference to how he was going to vote in this last day. It had been horrifying witnessing the murder of a fellow delegate but despite the fact that someone had been murdered, Aldric had been thankful that it wasn't him; he doubted that his beautiful Roxanne would've been able to survive without a father in her life.

Watching his fellows stand to the podium and waver in their decisions, Aldric waited for the French delegate to be finished before he made his way up and faced the males and females in the room.
One look around the place confirmed that many were going to be changing their decisions based on what happened.

"Germany is not changing their decision," Aldric replied calmly, his voice and face void of any emotion what so ever. "We are sticking with nay." No more words were said before he left the podium and went back to his seat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Airi had been terrified and horrified all at the same time from what happened the day before. The murder of the British Minister flashed through her mind and her night had been filled with nightmares that ended up with her in the position of a dead Minister. She wasn't above admitting that if it hadn't been for her mothers floo call that morning, she would've crumbled under pressure and went back to her vote of nay. Yet her mother proved to be a headstrong woman once more and when her face appeared in the fireplace in Airi's room, she had cried with relief and let out even more tears when her mother firmly told her to keep to her own ideals and not let anyone else pressure her into dropping them.

Watching the proceedings of the day, Airi took note of the delegates that changed their opinions while at the same time making note of the ones that kept to their word; those ones she made sure to note were to be contacted and hopefully form allies with.

When it was her time to take the stand, the young woman floated to the podium and only said four words. "Japan is voting yay." With that, she went back to her seat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 2:53 am

When Somalia’s turn to speak—and more importantly vote—came two men stood. The first of these two men was, of course, Yusuf, but the second appeared to be a man out of place in the political arena. Shorter than the Somalian strongman by a few inches, the second male wore wire-frame glasses and had a nervous look in his eyes, not unlike the one a mouse has right before it’s eviscerated by a hawk.

“We are selfish, aren’t we?” Yusuf asked in Somalian before pausing and placing a comforting hand on his companion’s shoulder.

Flinching ever so slightly, the bespectacled man translated his general’s words into English with a surprisingly deep voice.

“Witches and Wizards, I mean. Really, we are,” he paused here both for effect and for his translator. “Were I a Muggle I would not be standing before you today. My lifeless body would be on a plane bound for Somalia with a bullet through my heart. Yet, here I am. Earlier today my doctor was even able to disperse the considerable bruising to my chest with a wave of his wand, it’s amazing really.”

“You know, no less than 24-hours ago I had planned to vote against dissolving the statute of sorcery. I went so far as to disclose this to the late Minster Jennson and even now I hesitate to break my promise to him, but I must. I must because in feeling the cold steel of the reaper at my neck I realized what we have to offer to the world. Thousands, if not millions of Muggles die each and every year from mundane maladies that we in the Wizarding community would laugh at. For example, I could break my arm today and have it fully functional by tomorrow when it might take months for a Muggle’s arm to heal.”

“Will there be friction between the magical and non-magical world with the dissolution? Without a doubt, but ultimately, I believe the change will be for the better if not for us then for our children and our children’s children. So, along with my vote to dissolve the statute of sorcery, I would also like to put forth a proposal for the formation of an international bureau to supervise whatever the outcome of our vote here today may be.”

“After all,” he gestured to the board displaying the number of votes. “One way or another we will either need to keep countries in line with a reaffirmed statute or help those same countries with an orderly transition out from the shadow of segregation.”

“Thank you and now I would like to have a moment of silence for our comrade from the British Isles.”

With that Yusuf bowed his head, waited about half a minute and then sat down along with his translator. He did not expect any such bureau to be formed, no sane government allowed another to guide its hand in state matters. Though, as any good politician knows it isn’t about what you do, but what you say. And floating the idea of cooperation? Well, that was just good business.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 am

One letter, three packs of cigarettes, and two shots of tequila had been the only thing to calm Mycroft's nerves. This time around he was not a simple viewer when it came to the summit. He was not there to take notes and learn more about international law. No. This time around he was forced to take the place of his mentor and speak on behalf of Britain.

He knew in his hearts of hearts that Kamren would be disappointed in the way he was acting. He knew that his friend would have fought tooth and nail against the statute and would allow him to properly defend their people, but there was one thing that kept him from simply following his direction: a letter. The morning after the assassination of Kamren, he found a letter under his door. It warmed him that the most important thing in his life was in danger should he not do as they say.

His hands had not stopped shaking since then. His sister was his world and he would take a stab in his chest over anything bad to occur to her. So as he took the steps to the podium he took a deep breath. This was probably the end of his political career and he knew it.

"I...should start by introducing myself. For those that do not know me, my name is Mycroft Holmes, and I am-was...I was the mentee of the late great Kamren Jenssen. Many of you fail to even mention him as you move forward with your vote. I understand, but...I cannot simply ignore what events occurred last night. The leader of the UK has perished in an act so cowardly I dare not mention it." the grip on the podium tightened as he bit back the anger. "So in his honor..."he closed his eyes and knew he was selling his soul. "I know he would want me to say this. While the implementation of a proper transition is vital for us to move forward, the United Kingdom votes yay on the removal of the statute. The night before only shows that muggle harm can come into our worlds whether we want it or not, so all I ask is this: may be come with a realistic solution before the statute is repealed. I thank you for your time, and ask for a moment of silence for a fallen comrade. Thank you"

As he took a step back and walked towards his seat, he ignored the nervousness and shame coursing through him. For his eyes were cold, his hands were sweaty, but his back was straight and he failed to properly act as he was told to do. 'I am sorry my friend'

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Not having slept a wink that night, Jackson still found himself shuddering at odd moments, imagining someone with a rifle ready to take him out. Assassinations were such an abstract concept, they were fun to joke about, interesting to read in history books and definitely a hoot to jokingly bet on. And now... it as no longer funny. no once you' sen a man bleed to death in front of you and all magic and muggle powers couldn't stop it.

Sasha had been in shock, but she had recovered with more grace than he had. The redhead had fallen into an uneasy sleep around six a.m. and Jackson had left her there, not daring to wake her from her slumber. She would need ehr rest after what happens last night.

And what did happen only proved his own convictions - and that of the United Sates - even more. Intolerance was what had gotten the Englishman killed. By Muggle technology no less. And this was just the beginning. If the Statute holding back the floodgates of hatred, intolerance and revulsion were to open, there would be many more Kamren Jensens before the year was over.

Walking to the podium, the young man shakily took the mike, for once not caring how young and inexperienced he obviously looked in the wake of last night's tragedy. They could all stand here and give their cold moments of silence and salutes but none would change their vote to respect his final wishes.

"The U.S maintains its vote, Nay for abolishing the Statute of Secrecy, and hereby informs the chair and counsel that due to its position at the Confederation, no law created within this faction could be legally binding for America."

With that, Jackson stepped off the dais and returned to his seat, awaiting the finishing address. The words were a blur but his quill automatically noted them down for another time, a better state of mind.

When the doors opened, he was one of the first ones out, wanting nothing more than to get back to Sasha and curl up with her until he no longer felt as numb as the dead Minister being kept in the morgue.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Day 3   ICWW Summit: Day 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ICWW Summit: Day 3
Page 1 of 1