Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Flat (Nerisei) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Flat (Nerisei) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Flat (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Flat (Nerisei) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Flat (Nerisei) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Flat (Nerisei)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 pm

This. Wasn't. Fair.

As January began its slow descent into February, the Slytherin Quidditch team too began getting serious about practice. They had won their last match and Mimosa didn't like to brag but it really was thanks to her. She had made the epic silver serpent banner with her friends and sat in the stands supporting the team (all the while secretly hoping Mercy would win too). And it had worked, Slytherin had won and Mercy had played superbly. Mimosa had even forgiven her House Team for not thanking her at the after party.

But then Ravenclaw had come along and won even more. And suddenly her Captain was screaming numbers and points and days of the week they needed to have practice. At first she'd found it annoying because no one liked getting up early in the morning to go for practices but then no one had came for her so the child had reasonably deduced that they had given up on the silly idea of morning practice. Until one day she had overheard two of the team members saying some very not nice things about their Captain. The greatest takeaway from that conversation was that practices had been going on, she just hadn't been invited to them.

So angry was the little witch at the news that she had started ranting at the closest available person, Squid Boy. She even forgot she was supposed to be mad at him, instead going on and on about how she was responsible for the team's victory and it wsa rude of them to not even ask her to come to practice. Squid Boy wasn't doing anything important anyway, he was only surrounded by books and scrolls and what looked an like an underwater map of the lake. None of it was important she was sure.

"If it bothers you so much, why don't you just tell them," the lanky boy pointed out exasperatedly, directing a longing gaze to his map which went completely unnoticed to Mimosa. "In fact, why don't you go now. I hear there's a practice going on this very moment."

He had a point so the child had nodded enthusiastically, ran off to the sliding wall panel and was dashing out of the dungeons a few minutes later. It took her a while to retrieve her broom and then head to the Pitch but when she did, everyone there didn't even say sorry. When she asked why she wasn't required at practice, the Captain simply said all players were in good form and no reserves were needed for the coming game.

"How would you know?" the little brunette had shot back, equal parts flying chocolate locks and unbridled fury. "You're supposed to train the reserves in case they're needed. What if Brunswick breaks his leg, you'll need me to fill in." Brunswick had let out a laugh at her comment, making her even more livid.

"Look kiddo, you wanted to make the team and you did," the Captain explained patiently. "But you're an untrained firstie. We can't let you play on the merits of your broom alone, have you tried hiring a Bludger - ever?"

"I would if you'd let me," the child screeched back. In truth, she had never even held a Beater's bat, but how hard could it be if Brunswick could do it?

"Look kid, the upcoming game with the Ravenclaws is a big one. We can't take any chances. If we win this, you can play in the finals okay?"

"So I'm not playing in the February game?"

That was the last bit of conversation she remembered before storming off towards a random direction, not caring where she went as long as her broom and her indignation remained by her side. What was the point of being on the team if she couldn't play? She was an official member of the Slytherin Team. She should be trained and treated as one.

This. Just. Wasn't. Fair.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm

For Nerisei it was yet another boring day. And that was mostly because she was not with Dimitri. Last year, she was fortunate enough to spend some time with him only once. But this year, she didn't know if Merlin himself had arranged this, she had been spending way more time with Dimitri, to the point where her attraction to him had become really hard to manage. Mostly because the temptations were simply everywhere!

So, finding this as an opening to clear her head, Nerisei had decided it would be better for her to take a long walk to calm herself and clear her thoughts. She knew that she wouldn't stumble upon Dimitri this time since he was studying, and so she felt a lot more relaxed. That boy kept her on edge without even trying, and it was so unfair! But this was how life was and Nerisei seemed to learn the hard way. But she had been learning nonetheless.

As she was walking outside, she allowed her feet to lead her in the most unexpected of places, the Herbology Greenhouses. It had been a while since she had last been it this place, and Nerisei scrunched up her nose in slight distaste. She was not a fan of the subject, but she couldn't deny that the plants were beautiful.... some of them.

Not paying much attention around her, Nerisei didn't hear another person enter the room, until a mass fell into her. The witch barely managed to keep her balance as she caught the other person, ready to yell at whoever had dared to fall into her, but instead, she came face to face with... a child. The Ravenclaw raised an eyebrow at the petite girl, who was obviously a furious First year, and tried to keep in her laughter.

"What's gotten into you, little one?"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 am

So distracted was the child in her fury that she didn't notice a potted plant right in her path until she was tripping over it. This incident might have taught the child to look around more carefully while walking if she had fallen down and hurt herself. Fortunately for Mimosa Harrington, that day was not today as soft arms reached out to help her get steady before she hit the unforgiving ground.

Of course it didn't occur to her that had her unexpected savior hadn't helped her, she too would be on the ground. All Mimosa knew was that a ind person had saved her from falling. "Oh thank you," the child exclaimed, looking warily at the hand ground she had almost gotten up close and far too personal with. "It's all those stupid boys' fault," she added, giving the potted plant that had tripped her a dark look. Everyone save this pretty girl deserved Mimosa's ire today.

"What's gotten into you, little one?"

The young brunette stared up blankly at the older witch for a moment before understanding the question."Oh," she managed before evening out her surprised features into one of indignation again. "My Quidditch team is being really really unfair. I'm part of their team and they won't let me play even though we have a really, really important match coming up in a few weeks and they need my help." She said this with the blind, illogical confidence only an ten year old could muster.

"I'm Mimosa by the way," she introduced herself, as usual without a surname because she was certain everyone already knew her. "I haven't seen you around before. I know because I always remember really beautiful people so if I saw you, i would remember seeing you." Well, she also remembered seeing really un-good looking people, but this girl was certainly not one of those so Mimosa figured that part didn't need explaining.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 am

The witch had certainly not expected to have company, and certainly not a little child. Nerisei didn't have a problem with children. On the contrary, she'd always had a soft spot for them, and loved to spend time with younger ones. Back in Sweden, she was working as a babysitter sometimes. It was easy money, and she was having immense fun.
So when the little girl thanked her for saving her from an unwanted fall, Nerisei smiled widely. Okay, she was simply adorable. But her next words were what made Nerisei giggle.

"It's all those stupid boys' fault,"

"Oh, sweetie. Isn't it, always?" But the Ravenclaw witch didn't comment further on that. Instead, after she had made sure both of them were safe, Neri sat back and listened carefully to what the girl wanted to say. Because obviously, there was something bothering her, and if the older Ravenclaw could help, she certainly would!

"My Quidditch team is being really really unfair. I'm part of their team and they won't let me play even though we have a really, really important match coming up in a few weeks and they need my help."

Nerisei had to blink a couple of times, because what she had just heard could not possibly by the truth. But the more she looked at the girl, the Ravenclaw witch understood that this was indeed the case. She also understood that the girl was pretty peeved with the situation, so instead of asking how in God's name she had managed to join the Quidditch Team when she was just in her First Year, she decided to approach this somewhat differently.

"Well, I am sure you are amazing," Neri said carefully, then continued. "But maybe there is a reason why won't allow you to play? Perhaps, they want to keep you for a tougher match?" The witch offered, hoping that it would, at least, calm the little girl down a bit.

The girl then introduced herself as Mimosa, and Nerisei gave her a big smile. "I am Nerisei, Mimosa. It's lovely to meet you!" And it truly was. The girl was so sweet, and Nerisei didn't mind having her as company. For a First Year, she was incredibly fun.

"I haven't seen you around before. I know because I always remember really beautiful people so if I saw you, i would remember seeing you."

Another giggle escaped the witch. "That's probably because I prefer quiet time. But, I think that the beautiful lady here, is you. I'd love to do your hair sometime, if you don't mind. That's... if you want to hung out with me every now and then." It had been a while since Nerisei had helped a younger student, and she actually missed that. Mimosa seemed quite smart, and that was something Nerisei liked.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am

Mimosa instantly liked this girl, she knew what was what. She knew boys were the reason everything wrong happened in the world! The whole world would be so much better if it was just all girls. Except Grandpa, he couldn't b a girl. And Grandpere. And Jacques was perfect he way he was. Okay maybe some boys were okay but other than them, the world should definitely be all girls.

"Thank you, I am amazing!" Mimosa reassured the girl with a big grin. If she needed further evidence of this girl being smart, here it was. She already knew Mimosa was amazing at Quidditch. "I'm the reason they won the last game. You see, I made a biiiig silver banner that looked like a giant serpent. And I waved it really hard from the stands when we played Gryffindor. And we won!" She said it as if that concluded the matter, they had won because of her decorating skills and that was that.

When Nerisei suggested however that they might be keeping Mimosa for a tougher game, the child fell silent, never having considered this idea before. But it did make a lot of sense now that she thought about it. Why would they waste an excellent player only only a slightly harder match when they could save her for a really, really tough one?

"Do you really think so?" she asked, all her anger melting away in an instant as a bright grin flashed across her elfin features. "I never thought of it that way but now... I think you're right." Reaching over, Mimosa gave the older witch a warm hug for explaining it to her.

"Oh I would love for you to do my hair!" she squealed when Nerisei offered to help her. "I can't do braids and I don't like the way the older Slytherin girls do it. I don't like weird spiky hairdos. I like your hair, can you make mine like that too?" The first year pointing out her own high brown ponytail which she had managed this morning. Its best quality as that it stayed out of her face but not much else.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 am

As the younger witch insisted that she was amazing, Nerisei couldn't help but laugh at her confidence. Not in a mocking way, no. She was admiring the girl's confidence. For a ten year old, Mimosa was pretty sure of herself, something that most kids should, but didn't have. And it was nice to know that there was, at least, one child out there that could hold her own ground. Especially a girl. It made her think of herself as a child. But, then again, nothing much had changed. Except the fact that she had a cleavage.

Besides that, it was obvious that there had been a few changes in her character. Nerisei had been through a lot. She was more mature, more closed of, yet more prepared for what life was going to throw her way. She had promised herself that she wouldn't fall. She would achieve her dreams, and no one, no man or woman, would stop her from doing so. Especially people that believe in blood purity.

"I'm the reason they won the last game. You see, I made a biiiig silver banner that looked like a giant serpent. And I waved it really hard from the stands when we played Gryffindor. And we won!"

She talks too much for a Snake, Nerisei thought, but didn't voice it. She liked to see that not all of the Slytherins fit the stereotype of the jerk. Look who's judging now, a voice in her head said, and Nerisei had to keep herself from rolling her eyes at herself. She wasn't judging... much.
"I am sure, that was the reason they won. You know, when we cheer on our team, the players gain more confidence in themselves. They believe they can do it, and they actually do it! Tricking their minds is the key." The Ravenclaw witch gave Mimosa a small wink.

The hug she received was a surprise, but Nerisei didn't waste time. Her arms wrapped around the smaller girl, squeezing her softly before releasing. Nerisei loved hugs. Especially genuine hugs, like the one Mimosa had just given her. It was nice to know you have made someone's day.
"I am positive they will ask you to play pretty soon!" But she left the discussion at that, because Neri would never make promises she couldn't keep.

But then, Mimosa agreed to let her do her hair, and even asked her to make her hair look similar to hers. Nerisei laughed and nodded at the girl. "But I have to warn you, if I give you curls like mine, you are not going to look like me." The witch gave Mimosa a big smile then continued. "You are going to look ten times more beautiful than I will ever be."
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 8:28 pm

When Nerisei affirmed the child's own belief that she was very good at Quidditch and the team would ask ehr to play soon, the little brunette nodded enthusiastically. "That's why I keep practicing even if they won't train me," she told the older witch with an air of someone telling a secret. "I take my broom out when I can and I fly, just so that when I play, they can see what they were missing out on."

Sneaking out and flying on her own (or sometimes with Mercy) made perfect sense to the first year, it didn't help that no one had the knowledge or the heart to stop her. Squid Boy knew but he waned to go along with her rather than tell her of for it. "I sometimes go with my bestest friend. Shes in Gryffindor and she's amazing!" Mimosa divulged, sure that everyone in the world needed to know how incredible Mercy was.

"Do you have a best friend, Nerisei?" the child asked curiously, head cocked to one side as she gazed up at the beautiful witch. Mimosa was sure her new friend had lots of good friends, she was super friendly and really smart. but did she have a best friend she could go on secret broom rides with? It was an important question in Mimosa's mind and needed answering almost immediately.

When the other witch told her she would look much prettier with waves in ehr hair, Mimosa found it within herself to finally blush, a soft pink lighting up ehr checks both from modesty and delight. How Nerisei could think Mimosa would look prettier than her was beyond the tiny witch but she appreciated it nonetheless.

"Do you think..." she began hesitantly, her cheeks reddening still. "Do you think I'll look pretty enough for someone to... umm..." Embarrassment getting the best of her, the young Slytherin stopped herself. "Never mind, I'm sure that's not important."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

Nerisei listened carefully to the girl as she explained how much she was practicing, just in case they asked her to play. She was a smart little girl, Neri could see that for sure. And as she grew older, she would turn into a very beautiful and talented young lady. Though, guidance, was a must during your early stages. Nerisei wished the older students, when she was younger, had treated her the same way she was treating the First and Seconds years right now. No matter what, Nerisei would always help someone younger. Especially adorable children like Mimosa.

The Ravenclaw witch had always been good with children. She wasn't sure if it was the way she spoke, or treated them, or if it was simply her face and aura that made them feel safe and just... open up to her. Nerisei didn't want to admit it, and she rarely ever talked about it, but she really wanted a big family. Children to love and care for. Even the thought of having her own baby in her arms made her sigh happily.

But Mimosa wasn't simply intelligent, she was also very loving and kind. Anyone could see that, just by the way she was talking about her best friend. Most people never truly formed real friendships, and it was sad. Everyone needed a true friend in their lives, to support and love them. To help them through the tough times that life would surely have. And Mimosa seemed like she had found her friend. A Gryffindor girl, proving just how much Mimosa didn't care about prejudices. She wouldn't discriminate. She would just... accept. And that made a single tear of happiness roll down the Ravenclaw's cheek.

"Do you have a best friend, Nerisei?"

The question hit Nerisei like a bucket full of cold water. She did have a best friend. Two, actually. But now they were gone, leaving Nerisei alone. Almost, alone. She had Dimitri, who was her friend, even though she wanted him to be much, much more. But she couldn't. It was impossible.
"I... I did have a best friend. I had two best friends, actually. But they are not here anymore." The older witch admitted, giving Mimosa a small, sad smile. This was not something she wanted to discuss. It was, still, too soon for her.

"Do you think I'll look pretty enough for someone to... umm..."

Nerisei raised an eyebrow, waiting for the little girl to finish her question, but as she noted that it wasn't important, a giggle left Nerisei's lips. Mimosa's cheeks were bright red, and Nerisei knew that what she was truly asking, is whether she would be beautiful enough to get someone's attention. She was beyond shocked, but the witch couldn't deny how adorable this was.
"I am positive that, you will be beautiful. More than enough, for sure. And if he can't see that already, then you shouldn't even bother trying to impress him. He doesn't deserve your beauty and talents." Nerisei commented, leaning down to give the younger witch a hug. She liked Mimosa, she liked her very much.

Last edited by Nerisei Gerber on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 5:17 pm

When Nerisei replied that she had two best friends but that they weren't there anymore, Mimosa canted her head to one side, examining the girl carefully. The older witch looked like she could have hundreds of friends, but why were they not here? Did they graduate and go away? For a moment, a small spark of alarm rushed through her. Would Nerisei also graduate soon and go away before she had a chance to do Mimosa's hair? No, that couldn't be right, good people never went back on promises.

"Well you can share all my friends," the young Slytheirn finally offered, nodding her head firmly as if she had come to a great decision. "Mercy is my bestest friend ever and then there's Dia and Gaspard and Ji Hyun though he's a boy and sometimes gross. Oh and my Elenore, she is also my best friend, you should meet her." Of course non of the names were accompanied by surnames of identifying features, Mimosa simply expected everyone to know who everyone in her own personal world was - especially now that Nerisei was also a part of it.

When Nerisei explained how Mimosa was too beautiful to even try to get anyone's attention, the child blushed a deep scarlet once more. Luckily, the other witch took that moment to lean down and hug her and the Slytherin was able to hide ehr face in Nerisei's uniform to keep it from showing. She liked that line of thinking, it confirmed her world view that there was nothing wrong with her and that she was not the one that needed changing.

"You know Constance... she's always braiding her hair every morning, she says it makes boys look at her more. And... If it does..." Mimosa had no idea how to do the complicated braids Constance could, nor would she ever swallow her pride enough to ask the other First Year. Suddenly the child's eyes lit up with an idea.

"Nerisei, which House are you in? Are you a Slytheirn or Gryffindor, because then I can easily get to your dorm room? The only place I haven't been yet is Huflepuff..." at that, the child trailed off, not wanting to discuss why she had somehow made the badger common room off limits to herself. She knew plenty of people who would sneak her in, but she couldn't be sure if the game was still going on.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 pm

"Well you can share all my friends,"

Nerisei couldn't hide the grin that spread across her face as Mimosa spoke up. The young witch was, obviously, an exceptional child. It had been quite clear from the beginning, but the more Nerisei spoke to her, the more she understood that Mimosa was simply amazing. She wasn't just smart, but she was also sweet and kind hearted, something that was very rare to find nowadays. Especially in older people. It made Nerisei hope that Mimosa would never turn out to be anything else other than what she was right now. Happy and impossibly amazing.

The Slytherin witch started talking about her friends, but Nerisei had to admit that she wasn't sure about who she was talking about. Mercy, Dia, Gaspard, Ji Hyun... These were names Nerisei didn't have the fortune (or misfortune) to meet, but then, there was the mention of Elenore. Elenore Clement? This was the Elenore Mimosa was talking about? The Ravenclaw witch didn't know much about the Clement Princess, but she had met her briefly, once. She didn't seem all too bad, for a Pureblood. And since Mimosa found her amazing, there had to be some truth to that!

"I would love to meet all of your friends, sometime!" Nerisei said to the younger witch, offering her a big smile. This little girl was something else!

"You know Constance... she's always braiding her hair every morning, she says it makes boys look at her more. And... If it does..."

Nerisei's grin turned huge. Even though she had missed the blush that had tainted the younger girl's cheeks, due to her leaning down to hug Mimosa, Nerisei could see that Mimosa was interested in getting someone's attention. A boy's attention, of course, and the young witch was simply looking for validation, in a way. Same thing every girl did. She wanted to feel pretty, and she wanted to be told how beautiful she was. Mimosa wanted to be noticed, especially by that boy who's name Nerisei hadn't managed to learn yet.

"I bet Constance isn't half as beautiful as you are! And braids won't make you look more beautiful. You give meaning to every outfit or hairstyle. If you feel beautiful, other will see the same thing." Nerisei explained, even though it was hard sometimes. Women all over the world struggled with their self esteem, even if they were top models. And it was unfair. The pressure placed upon women was preposterous and they shouldn't have to follow specific ideals to 'be beautiful', but the older witch was sure that this was not something Mimosa would be interested in right now.

"Nerisei, which House are you in? Are you a Slytheirn or Gryffindor, because then I can easily get to your dorm room? The only place I haven't been yet is Huflepuff..."

"I am a Ravenclaw. Nerisei said proudly, giving Nerisei another smile. The Ravenclaw witch didn't hold a grudge against any house. Prejudice was not something that Nerisei wanted to have. She knew that it was possible to have amazing friends from every house. "If you ever need me, you can always come find me. Or I can find you. We will find a way, I am sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flat (Nerisei) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat (Nerisei)   Flat (Nerisei) Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat (Nerisei)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next