Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Empty
PostSubject: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Usually the first on most dance floors, Azalea Harrington opted to stay out of the slow, waltz type thing pretending to be music that permeated the air as couples danced in exaggerated, slow movements on the sparkling floor. Most of the occupants seem to be distinguished gentlemen dancing with elderly ladies and Azalea wasn't sure if that was just opening tradition or the just the way things worked in British upper class social events. At any rate, the girl decided to stay out of it unless completely necessary. No point showing her "American-ness" as it had been called a few times in public.

The witch smirked to herself as she imagined the music picking up and Angelo managing an appearance. both were wishful thinking, but should it have happened, she and the Demangel could have taught these prissy people a thing or two about dancing.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

Birthday : 1996-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Of all the things Josh knew of the Debutante Ball, the thing he knew most is that he hated it. How many times did his parents think that it was going to be okay to get together "for the good of society" and pretend to be civilised for the night? Josh knew the answer was simply one to many times. He hated them for it, and he could see the whole situation was fake from a mile away. But Eleanor and Leyton Murray had something to prove to society, and that was that they could still make a show of being a family.

The youngest of the Murrays had managed to get away from the small talk of his mother's and the pressing questions from his father's social circles and was milling through the guests in search of one person.

Azalea Harrington.

The boy had known she was coming, very little of what she did around the school was left unnoticed, and even Professor Aulis didn't keep very much secret. No, Josh was well aware that Azalea would be here, representing Hogwarts teachers on the whole. It was unnerving, really, that the Headmaster had decided to send a girl in who in her own right should be among the debutantes, not overseeing them, but Josh didn't pass that comment on.

After what seemed like hours of waiting, Josh finally found Azalea stood watching the first dance and casually made his way to her side, but not before he stole two glasses of something from some younger students that he sent running with a quick glare.

"You haven't been at school since before Christmas." Josh stated as he came to a stop beside the Herbology substitute. The comment was meant to be light hearted as the pair looked across the dance floor at the many people dancing, but unfortunately it came out more of an accusation, or a 'tell me where you've been' possessive boyfriend moment.

Taking his eyes off the dancing momentarily, Josh took a moment to take in the girl's attire the black dress hugging all the right features and making him have to raise his glass to his lips to stop the smirk. The girl that was his, by every single right, looked amazing. Every boy in the room would be awed by his Azalea, he knew that.

He liked that, too.

~ Profile ~
Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Signat10
Signature by the amazing Jess! <3
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 pm

One thing last Christmas had managed to accomplish was put Azalea's life in perspective. Before last Christmas, the girl had gotten annoyed easily at the antics of the Slytherin that now made his way to her. But now, she simply found herself nodding in his direction. She even managed a smile, even if one that faltered slightly as she tried to place why she wasn't supposed to be smiling at him. Yeah, the kid acted up in class.

But this wasn't class, no point bringing up work here.

Instead of a greeting, Josh got straight tot he point which made the girl's smile a little more steady. It was good to know some things never changed.

"Evening Josh, its nice to see you too," she said lightly before addressing his question. "I had a family emergency back home, I thought someone might have informed you guys during my absence," she said honestly. One hand involuntarily went up to her armband, the pink cloth tied to her forearm as a continual sign of Victoria. The witch dropped her hand to her side once more upon realizing her action.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

"Evening Josh, its nice to see you too," she said lightly before addressing his question. "I had a family emergency back home, I thought someone might have informed you guys during my absence,"

If there was one thing Josh had mastered in the fourteen years of his life it was that being aware of even the slightest of gestures was crucial. One false move gave your whole game away, just as Azalea did when she touched the small pink band on her arm. Josh was aware of what a black band meant, but the colour of pink he wasn't quite sure. Taking a mouthful of whatever the liquid in the glass he was holding, Josh contemplated his reply momentarily.

"We were told that you wouldn't be making class for a while. No timings were given, no details of why." He told her flatly, trying to sound less stung than what he was by the lack of teaching on her part. "Isn't the band supposed to be black?" Josh asked, not really aware of how indelicate the question was even after it left his lips.

A moment passed before the boy added his next words. "Would you like to explain in a dance?" The Murray heir asked, holding out his hand as if she'd already accepted. She had no reason not to, after all.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

"We were told that you wouldn't be making class for a while. No timings were given, no details of why."

The bit of information took her by surprise. She knew the Headmaster valued her privacy but to not even give them a reason for why she was absent. But then again, the brunette wouldn't have thought she would be missed, by Josh Murray of all people at that. But before she could think on that some more, his next comment threw her off, making her flinch.

"Isn't the band supposed to be black?"

"I don't really know," she managed, taking his proffered arm even as something in her periphery noted that he hadn't actually asked her to dance. Just expected it. Even in her heels, Azalea only came up a few scant inches taller than him, something she suspected would be remedied in the next few months.

"The person its for liked pink," she added in lieu of explanation as the two made their way to the dance floor, Azalea pleasantly surprised at the grace with which the boy moved. But then again, Josh Murray practically stank of old money, as Grace would have put it. She guessed these balls must be a regular thing for him.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Josh led the girl to the dance floor, pulling her back close to him as he took her in to the necessary hold for their dance. These balls were so common for the Murray's, Josh didn't even have to think about what he was doing as he settled in to the dance with her in his arms.

The answer to his question about the need to be black came with an answer he wasn't sure how to reply to. The Slytherin decided to ignore the unease and moved on to the next question on his mind. "You'll be back in class soon, I take it?" Josh asked as the hand on he'd back sunk that tiny bit down her back.

It was the first time Josh had had the girl in his arms and not something he wished go change anytime soon. Photos could only give him so much, and now he had the girl pressed up against him.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

"You'll be back in class soon, I take it?"

As they moved in to the boring music permeating the air, Azalea's heels clicking softly on the marble as the young Slytherin led her with admittedly more grace than she would have expected into the dance, the brunette nodded. "I'll have to, the world doesn't stop turning just because we want it to, does it?" She gave him a wry smile as he spun her around in a polite, slow circle, making her wish the beat was faster, her dress with a slit in the side, her dance partner different.

Or wish the beat was even slower, her dance partner a certain Belladonna against whom she could lean to make the world magically go away. "Would it be terribly insulting to insinuate that this event is rather drab," she ventured with a half smile at the thought of Jake here. As they danced, she could see a few girls eyeing them oddly, it took a few minutes to realize those ladies were more interested in Josh than herself.

"I think some of your friends might want to dance with you too," she said, nodding politely at a redhead in particular who seemed to have her eyes trained on Josh.

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:23 pm

"I'll have to, the world doesn't stop turning just because we want it to, does it?"

Josh's lips twitched in to something that might have been called a smile, in another dimension where the boy understood the whole notion as something less sinister than his usual smirk. But, before it was probably even acknowledged, it was gone, because Josh Murray didn't smile. He didn't know how to.

"I don't think time waits for anyone." Josh ventured in reply as his hands settled back in to place after she'd completed the spin.

"Would it be terribly insulting to insinuate that this event is rather drab,"

"First time?" The Slytherin asked, noting her looking around though his eyes never left her. "They're what's expected of us, my fourteenth time." He explained, babies could be found in and around the dance floor, mothers already trying to arrange marriages with new born children. It was normal.

"I think some of your friends might want to dance with you too,"

Josh frowned slightly at that, his grip on Azalea tightening that bit more. When the American nodded in the direction of someone else, he ignored it, there were more important tasks at hand. "Are you engaged yet, Azalea?" He asked, she wore no rings that would signify that she was, but times were changing and not everything was what it seemed to be.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:24 pm

"First time?" The Slytherin asked, noting her looking around though his eyes never left her. "They're what's expected of us, my fourteenth time."

"No wonder you seem right at home," the brunette noted, a tentative smile on her lips. Perhaps it was a good thing she was here. At least she got the chance to see Josh as something other than the errant troublemaker he was in her class. What she couldn't understand was why he chose to do so when - as tonight was proving to show her - he was quite capable of behaving himself.

Or had been until now. Was it her imagination or did he pull her a little closer? Before she could think on it though, his next question sent her brain scrambling again.

"Are you engaged yet, Azalea?"

"Granny Weatherwax," the girl hissed under her breath before looking up at him confused. "I don't know if that's a genuine inquiry or you telling me I look older than I am," she said with a slight laugh, trying not to acknowledge the goosebumps that had made an appearance due to the intense stare the Slytherin had directed her way.

"I don't know if its a an American or just a not pureblood thing but we don't do engagements and marriages until we're in our late twenties or even early thirties. In fact, my dad still isn't married," the girl tried in lieu of an explanation. "Nor does he feel the need to be so likely he isn't going to be concerned about me in that sense either."

Back to top Go down
Joshua Murray
Adult
Adult
Joshua Murray

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:25 pm

"No wonder you seem right at home,"

Josh conceded the point with a small nod, knowing it was easier than trying to deny that this whole thing did make him feel at home. So long as his parents were as far away as he could get them, he quite enjoyed the whole event. "It's kind of a second home, I guess." Josh replied as he once again span Azalea around before pulling her back in to him.

"I don't know if that's a genuine inquiry or you telling me I look older than I am,"

The smile that had threatened earlier, once again tried to make itself known on Josh's features, only to find it disappearing once more. Smiles were not Josh in any manner. "It was an inquiry, I believe two idiots got engaged in the Atrium at the start of the night, I don't think they were much older than you." The boy pointed out, knowing she'd probably seen the spectacle. "But, I don't think you are, seeing as the only jewellery you seem to wear is the anklet and bracelet you normally wear, as well as the earrings you have on right now."

The boy couldn't register just how detrimental those words were to any relationship. The way in which he'd noticed the anklet when Azalea walked around the classroom was something no normal person would have mentioned to the other, but here he was confessing he'd noticed anyway.

"I don't know if its a an American or just a not pureblood thing but we don't do engagements and marriages until we're in our late twenties or even early thirties. In fact, my dad still isn't married,"

Josh tutted, shaking his head at the girl before him. "Miss Harrington, you surely know your father is among some of the most famed Purebloods in the country? They're from the Royce family, actually." Josh nodded towards the far corner. "They're what remains of the Royce family now, not as big as they used to be." He explained, hoping she understood what he was saying about her family.

"Also, for Purebloods, such as ourselves, it's not uncommon to be engaged, or even married, at your age. There was one Royce... a couple of generations back, she marred in to the Murray line at the age of seventeen, so yeah, you may think it's weird, but it's quite normal." Josh explained to her, reciting facts that always came easy to him.

~ Profile ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor   Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor Empty

Back to top Go down

Pureblood Debutante Ball - Dance Floor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next