Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Keeper tryouts (one shot) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Keeper tryouts (one shot) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Keeper tryouts (one shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Keeper tryouts (one shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Keeper tryouts (one shot) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Keeper tryouts (one shot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Keeper tryouts (one shot) Empty
PostSubject: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 7:59 pm

She could do this. Elena knew she could do this. She has been working her ass off to become apart of the Slytherin Quidditch team. Her parents would have been proud. She had made an audition with the captain but she had been grieving her parents and siblings death so she had it canceled. But now she has moved in with the Greene's who are in the process of adopting her and even though she should be happy, she will always want her biological family. Elena had this tryout in the bag. She was not going to leave the field until she showed the captain what she was made of.

Elena had her father's broomstick and she was going to have good luck with it. She could feel it in her bones. Elena walked to the Quiddith pitch with her head held high. The captain could intimidate her all they want but this was Elenas chance to kick some ass and prove she was strong and level headed. The blonde reached the Quidditch Pitch and instantly saw the captain. "Elena Bliss ready for keeper tryouts for Slytherin house" Elena stood tall and refused to show any signs of weakness or fear.

"Good, get on your broomstick and show me what you got" Elena nodded and mounted her broomstick and flew into the air. She got to the keeper post on the left side of the Quidditch pitch. She was confident and ready. This tryout was for her family and she would be damned if she let them down in anyway possible. "I'm going to throw Quaffles your way, I wanna see speed and agility " she nodded to the captain. Her green eyes were focused and she was ready to go. He threw the first quaffle and she blocked it. A few seconds later another and the process continued.

"Good, now they're going to come quicker and faster, get ready" Elena was ready. The first one was thrown along with the second. She blocked the first one and hurried and flew towards the second one, but by the time she got to the middle hoop, the Quaffle went through it. She missed it. She didn't worry, she hurried and got back into focus. Three more were thrown her way and she was like a ninja and blocked them all but two. She didn't mind though, in her mind she was doing great and that's all she could've asked for.. She was good on a broomstick and good at Quidditch, she was also determined and competitive, she didn't like to lose and she was not losing today or any game.

Elena had Quidditch playing in her blood, her father was great at Quidditch and was a keeper as well. He never lost a match in three years before he quit becaouse of his grades going down. Elena continued her routine and after what seemed like forever which was only a half hour, her tryout was complete. Her and the captain got back to the ground and she got off her broom. She waited to see what criticism she'd get.

"Very good Ms. Bliss, you're definitely someone Slytherin should have on the team. So on that note, you're the new Slytherin keeper. Good work" he then left and Elena squealed with happiness and looked up. "This is for you."
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 9:46 pm

After their last defeat at the hands of Ravenclaw, Mimosa was fuming. It wasn't enough that they had lost in front of the entire school, in front of Mercy and Nerisei and Charles and everyone Mimosa wanted to show how great she was.

It was that they had lost in front of her Jacques... And not for the first time.

Mimosa had had it. Last year she hadn't been allowed to play all season and now that she was finally allowed in the skies, they were making her play with Ozzy who was a great story teller but a lousy player, anyone could see that. Squid Boy was stuck on the reserve team just as she had been her first year and the stupid boy wasn't even badgering the Captain to promote him to the actual team. Almost as if he liked being on the team more than playing for it. That would be silly though.

"Hey, I know that girl," the little witch pointed out from the bleachers where she sat with Squid Boy who had agreed to accompany her to watch the tryouts but seemed to be watching something else entirely on a sheet of parchment open beside him. "I dueled with her in DADA, she said she would teach me the spell that makes your wand fly."

As the tryouts continued, Squid Boy only contributing a tiny bit to the young witch's commentary about who looked promising and who should be sent back home, the numbers thinned until the blonde, her name was Elena if Mimosa recalled correctly, and two others remained.

"GOOOO ELENA!" Mimosa cheered as the girl came up to bat, or save. The older Slytheirn managed to save the first few but when Mimosa yelled, the blonde missed, clearly distracted. "Oops, sorry," the brunette waved sheepishly before growing quiet. Eventually, Elena was still the best among the people trying out and got the spot.

"Come on, let's go congratulate her," Mimosa insisted, grabbing Squid Boy's hand and hauling him up from his seat. His precious paper chased behind them as the boy desperately tried to hold on to it as Mimosa flew down the stands.

"Hi Elena!!! Well, done, you were great out there! Oh, this is Squid Boy, he's a reserve Beater."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 am

Elena heard Mimosa and she smiled at the young girl who was a friend of hers and it caused her to miss. Elena didn't care, she knew that she could continue. The blonde continued her tryout until it was over. She flew back to the ground and went over to Mimosa. "Hey Mimosa... and squid boy" Elena felt a little weird about calling him that but if that was a name he didn't care to be called then she'd do it.

Elena was glad to know that she had a supporter out there since her family was not around. "Thanks, I'm on the reserved team which kind of sucks but hey, I'll get to the real team eventually just have to work harder I guess" Elena shrugged. "So when did you want to do the practice with the spells that you want to learn" the blonde asked .
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 11:36 pm

The jubilant grin slipped from Mimosa's elfin features when she heard the word "reserve team". Mimosa had never had much cause to get angry before, the girl always got what she wanted, but this Captain was testing her patience - quite a feat as the little witch had none to begin with. "Reserve team? But you were great out there!"

Not giving Elena a chance to respond, the second year strode over to the Captain who was now packing away the equipment. "Excuse me, why is Elena on the reserve team?" The girl demanded without preamble.

"Policy,' the Captain replied, not really looking at her. "She needs to learn the game by sitting a few out at first."

"Well, that's a rubbish policy," Mimosa countered, her annoyance clearly showing as she stood up to the taller boy who - bound by his duties - couldn't do much but tried to explain. Even he knew who he was up against.

"Look kid, everyone does it. I did it when I first joined the team.You did it all last year, Nikolai is doing it too, and so is Elena."

"That doesn't make it right, and who is Nikolai?" Had he taken on someone else and she didn't know about it? Or did he mean Nicholas, the kid trying out for Seeker against Dia later in the year?

"He's right th- You know what, I make the decisions on the team, Harrington. Not you. Elena is benched until I say so."

"And look where that got us?" the witch shot back, real fury and anguish in her voice now. They were going to lose, and just because he wasn't listening to someone who clearly knew better than him. "And by the way, My Jacques will be here for the next match. Just like he is for all our matches. Despite us not being good enough all year."

This gave the older boy pause, as if it had been on his mind too. The Clements had been supporting their House Team with both morale and cold hard gold, it was the reason this little pipsqueak was on the team. And now...

"Tell you what, if Elena can block ten goals out of ten, right now, I'll replace the current Keeper with her for next game."

The eleven year old bristled, ten out of ten was impossible. But at least they were getting somewhere.

"Seven out of ten."

"Eight's my final offer, take it or lave it."

So naturally, without consulting with anyone, Mimosa agreed. "Hey Elena, there's still a little bit more of the tryout to go. Think you can block another few goals?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 am

Elena watched as Mimosa stormed over to the captain and she was very shocked that the young girl was going to try to get the decision reversed. Elena just really hoped that the young girl didn't make things worse for Elena. When Mimosa asked if she had more in her Elena was shocked but nodded. "Yes! I'm ready to go" Elena got on her broom and flew up to the keeper area.

The captain sighed and after looking at the young girl Mimosa who threatened him. He sighed and got back on his broom to redue the tryout. He didn't want to disappoint the Clements but he was also annoyed he had to redue this. He threw the first quaffle towards the young Slytherin who was trying out for the keeper position.

Elena didn't want to screw this second chance up, but she was going to succeed this time. She was doing this for her family who had spent so much time training her for this exact moment and she was not going to screw this up, no matter what. Elena watched the quaffle zig zag through the air and Elena green eyes followed the quaffle and she zooms to the left and successfully blocks.

Elena watches the captain throw two quaffle her way basically to try and trip her up. One was quicker then the other and heading towards where she already was and she blocked before zooming to the right and blocking her third quaffle. Three more were thrown and this is where it tripped Elena up the last time. She knew that when it came to the real game only one quaffle was used then you had to watch out for other dangers as well. There was no saying that no matter what anyone said the keepers were the real targets since they have to block.

Elena caught the one and threw it towards one quaffle that was heading towards the middle hoop. She didn't know what else to do since this happened to her earlier in her tryout before it was rematched. It was successful in taking out the quaffle that almost went through but was now heading towards the ground. Elena zoomed to the left and blocked but by the time turned around another quaffle went through the hoop. Now Elena was pissed because the captain did that to her on purpose.

When the captain threw two more she blocked them both and when it came to the last one Elena twisted her broom so the back hit the quaffle and it went zooming towards the captain and hit his shin. "Whoops!" Elena was so not sorry, she did that on purpose but she didn't care. She flew down next to Mimosa and hugged her. The captain flew down and looked at Elena. "Well?"
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 pm

Mimosa watched as once again, Elena took to the skies. This time, the girl knew what was coming and had a lot more purpose to her flight. The Captain in turn was intent on playing dirty - something that made the young Slytherin grit her teeth. He was purposefully trying to prove that Elena was no good when she was doing much better than their current keeper.

Maybe he shouldn't be the Captain anymore?

All in all, the blonde saved nine, though Mimosa had began to cheer (quietly this time so as not to distract her friend). By the Captain's own rules, she was in the team. When the older witch landed, Mimosa didn't even wait for the Captain to speak up. She simply rushed over to hug the witch.

"Well?"

"Fine, fine," The Captain admitted, resigned to his fate. "You play in the next game, and if you do well you keep playing." The words were delivered with a heavy heart but then he yelled out to the current Keeper. "Hey Connington, you get to fuck about in the sidelines next game, watch the little girl do her thing and learn something okay?"

Mimosa didn't hear the rest as she skipped off with Elena. It was donw, her friend was finally on the team.

Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Keeper tryouts (one shot) Slythe10

Welcome to the Slytherin Quidditch Team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeper tryouts (one shot)   Keeper tryouts (one shot) Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeper tryouts (one shot)
Page 1 of 1