Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Awakening (One Shot) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Awakening (One Shot) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Awakening (One Shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Awakening (One Shot) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Awakening (One Shot) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Awakening (One Shot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

The Awakening (One Shot) Empty
PostSubject: The Awakening (One Shot)   The Awakening (One Shot) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 3:27 pm

She remembered pain.

So much pain, that after a while, she was certain that was all there was to it.

Logically speaking, there must have been a time before the pain. But logic doesn't present itself so easily when every fiber of your being is screaming in agony. The sounds of anguish screeched their way out of her body from every pore, every cell.

Just not her throat.

And the silence somehow made it worse.

She had no idea where she was, who she was, it didn't matter.

All that mattered was her faith. She had to keep believing.

That.

He.

Would.

Always.

Find.

Her.

As shockingly as it had begun, it stopped.

One moment, it felt like the pain would never stop and the next, it was gone completely, leaving her dissented and with a hollowness inside her that could be felt now that she was no longer hurting.

It was dark, but not just the obscene of light dark. She couldn't see anything, anyone. She couldn't feel anything, anyone. She couldn't be anything, anyone.

Except his.

the darkness parted somewhere to her right, but nothing made sense. She was still nowhere and no one, but now there was a bench there too. A simple, worn out steel and wood structure she had once seen in a picture book.

Moving towards it made her realize she could move. Did she have legs? Or was she simply floating in the darkness? Or was the bench moving close to her on its own? the answer didn't seem important as the two objects each other and she sank down on the surprisingly warm surface. Perhaps the bench had been out in the sun before it had found its way here?

She took her first breath as she sat down, realizing she could breath now. The air was crisp and fresh on her nose and lungs, smelling and testing of nothing.

And her head swam, it wouldn't be long now.

It was only a matter of waiting.

Until he came for her.

As she knew he would.

More time passed, the darkness began to fade, voices began to permeate the empty vacuum surrounding her and the bench. But they came through a thick veil of uncertainty. She hadn't made up her mind yet if she wanted to hear them. In a way, it was peaceful here.

She wasn't in pain, she was lonely but she wasn't alone.

And sometimes she heard him speak, reassuring her he was there.

It was only when he spoke that she tried to listen the hardest, putting any effort into trying to connect with the outside world.  Fear kept her bound in place though. The outside world hurt, it had hurt her badly the last time. If she returned to it now, would it cause her pain again?

Probably, but the alternative was too stay here. Which, honestly, wasn't too bad. She could get used to the far away din of voices.

But could she get used to never seeing him again? To only be content at hearing his voice from a thousand miles away?

Could she continue to exist without ever feeling his hand on hers?

He would stay by her side like this forever if she chose to remain here, in her dark, semi quiet, not quite prison. Of this she was sure.

He had left her once and the guilt was enough to ensure that if she chose to return, he would never leave her side again. He wouldn't leave her even if she didn't return.

But could she do that to him? Could she confine him to a very real prison not of his own choosing by simply opting to remain in her own? Would she be able to exist even in this vacuum knowing she has chained him to her side for all eternity?

No.

But the outside world hurt, it hurt so badly. And she knew the moment she made her chose, it would start hurting again. There was no way towards him save one through a blazing path of fire and pain.

In the end, it was no choice at all really.

He had always been worth the pain.

"Doctor Desai, the patient seems to be gaining consciousness."

"I'm on my way, I want all vitals before I get in the room."

"All vitals being sent to you directly, Ma'am."

"Mon chouchou, it's okay, I'm here, you're okay, I'm here."

The patient inhaled deeply at the words, for once hearing them through her ears and not her mind. They gave her courage as her eyes fluttered, still closed but struggling.

"Din the lights," someone instructed, blocking out the voice that felt softly upon her, encouraging her to return to the world.

Tactile sensation returned slowly. there was something itchy underneath her, and most of her body was covered in something starchy. She could feel his hand though, one finger stroking the back of her hand lovingly as she teetered on the brink of consciousness.

"You can do it, mon chochou," he spoke again, his voice laced with desperation. "I'm right here, I always will be."

And those were the words she held on to as she took the plunge, launching herself out of the darkness and into jarring, bright light.

Mimosa Harrington Clement opened her jet black eyes to the world for the first time.

Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

The Awakening (One Shot) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakening (One Shot)   The Awakening (One Shot) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 4:17 pm

The Awakening (One Shot) Rsz_on10
Back to top Go down

The Awakening (One Shot)
Page 1 of 1