Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 3:56 am

Dominique was going through some things. With the fact that her parents divorced over the summer. She couldn’t believe what her dad did. It shocked her best he was her hero. So it seemed like
everything that she knew was a lie now. Now it was just her and her mother. But she knew the one thing that would cheer her up. She was going to go to the greenhouse. Dia knew that she could start growing again. She had no idea if her iris was still there. As she was sure that they might be dead. But that was something that she wouldn’t bother her. As she knew that she could always grown more.

This was her way to ground herself. And it was her time where she could be sad. Dia knew that she had to be strong for her mother. So she then walked into the greenhouse. Looking around she noticed that she wasn’t alone. Someone else was there that is when she noticed that it was a professor. But it was the one who was teaching potions. Dia was trying to remember who it was. As there was times when she was bad with names. But she was glad when it did come to her. “ Professor Harrington I had no idea that you was going to be here?”

Dominique knew that she shouldn’t be all surprised. As the professors could go anywhere in the school. She was just hoping that she was by herself. But maybe it would be bad to talk to someone about her problems. Maybe the professor could tell her what she should do.

Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Azalea had been meaning to check out the Greenhouses earlier than today. But thanks to Professor Blackwood's wholly unpredictable moods and schedule changes, the witch had been stuck playing catch p all week. then Friday had arrived and with it, the chance to see Josh and Ethan. So Azalea had made her way to Hogsmeade where the father son duo had picked her up and headed towards Wales. Both Clara and Kit were back in the States and Mimosa was safe at Hogwarts so there seemed little point in returning to Furze Croft.

Ethan had begun sounding out words comprising of multiple syllables by now and so spent the entire ride comfortably in Azalea's lap giving her the full range of his vocabulary while Josh pretended to focus on the road. Azalea had seen his small, sideways smile though, and knew he was just as proud of the boy as she was. Except she was going to openly hug and kiss Ethan for each word he spoke.

It had been difficult to tear herself away from them come Sunday, and she had told Josh as much as when they'd laid awake in the middle of the night, watching the stars in the observatory. The blonde was pointing out constellations and their names, proving once again that he knew a lot more than he let on. When Azalea had expressed the wish to never leave, he had simply turned to her and said "then don't." He had almost looked completely serious.

But he'd driven her back promptly on Monday morning (this time sans Ethan who would need his sleep) and Azalea had felt like a teenager again, sneaking into the castle under the cloak of dawn. Try as she might to reassure herself that this time no teacher would catch her and that she was well within her rights to enter and exit as she pleased, the witch still couldn't help treading lightly back to her dungeon quarters where - of course - a bouquet of bright flowers awaited. There was one every single morning from Josh, without fail.

With not enough time to sleep, the witch had simply changed into a more professional attire for the day and gone over her timetable. An early breakfast with only four other students  and one Grayson Hughes later, the brunette found she still had a lot of time before she was slated to take the fourth years at eleven.

So the witch had finally decided to make her way to the Greenhouses. One, Two and Three, the structures were now more modern than she remembered, cavalry they had been exquisitely maintained by the school. They even bore a familiar name, making the witch look anywhere but at the commemorative plaques on the buildings. Dad really must have gone insane without her.

“ Professor Harrington I had no idea that you was going to be here?”

"Oh, hello Ms. Greene," The educator greeted kindly, only now realizing that someone must have woken up even earlier than her to make it down at this time. "Yes, i saw a few hours free in my schedule and decided to check this place out. What are you doing here though? Did you manage to get any breakfast this morning?"

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 10:24 am

Dominique smiled as Professor Harrington was talking to her. “ Yes I got some breakfast but I made sure that I ate fast. As I wanted to come down to the greenhouse.” She really loved being around the plants. And she knew that it had something to do with her mother. As she always had a love for flowers and such. But she really didn’t have any idea why. “ I just love coming down here and being around the plants.” She knew that she would be going to classes later. And soon she would be trying out for the Quidditch team. It was something that she was going to have to write Victoria about. The divorce was hard on her. And the fact that her father was in prison made it worse.

She looked at her flowers that she has been raising from bulbs. “ I like to come down here as my parents divorce was hard.” It was something that she hasn’t really spoken about. Because she wasn’t sure who she could even talk to. Dominique knew that it was horrible for her mother. Dominique knew that she was going to have to talk about it soon. Or it was something that was going to eat her alive. Maybe it was best if she talked to Professor Harrington. As she didn’t think she would know who her parents were.

But then again it wouldn’t be all that hard. As she was the heir for Fox Network. It was something that she didn’t like to go around and brag about it. “ And I love to come down here to talk to my flowers.” Dominique knew that she could talk to her friends. But she didn’t want to bother them with her problems.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Glad at the very least that the child had possessed the foresight to have breakfast, Azalea smiled. The Gryffindor's affection for her flowers was clear as she spoke about needing to see them. The witch herself hadn't found flowers particularly interesting but, thanks to a certain blond, she was now open to seeing their merit. They certainly brightened up her underwater lair a fair bit.

“ I like to come down here as my parents divorce was hard.”

"I'm so sorry to hear that sweetie," Azalea responded, her natural protective instincts kicking in at seeing a child in pain. "I know how hard that can be, but you have to understand that your parents adore you, no matter what they're going through personally." The brunette knew this with a kind of certainty, because which parent would't adore a child they could hold and hug and kiss and play with any time they wanted to?

Excepts hers of course, though Azalea mentally shook her head at that one. Her parents were Kit and Clara, and she was lucky to have just about the best set of parents a girl could hope for.

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Dominique knew that it was important that she did get her breakfast. Because she knew if she would have told Professor Harrington that she had skipped. That was be something that would get her a scolding. As it was the most important meal of the day. And she didn’t want to write Victoria telling her that she had been skipping meals. She smiled when the professor was listening to her. As she knew what she was going through. “ I know my mom adores me. And so does my uncle Jackson.” She then started to pause. “ I know my dad is in prison and isn’t getting out any time soon.”

She really didn’t know the reason behind her parents divorce. It was something that she didn’t ask because she knew that it would make her mother sad. “ I think it is because my dad cheated. I didn’t really ask.” She knew that everything was different now. But at least she had her plants. And she was trying out for the Gryffindor team. And she was continuing to write to Victoria. Dominique was planning in her next letter to talk about Professor Harrington. As she thought that she was really nice.

Dominique was enjoying talking to the professor. “ Yeah I guess I have had a love of plants from a young age. My mom had a good friend who love herbology.”

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Unsure how to react to the news of the child's father being in prison, Azalea tried to steer the conversation into a different topic. Divorce was difficult for children to talk about, especially someone who was either close to being a teenager or already was. If the Gryffindor wanted to speak of it, the adult would listen. And if she did not, Azalea would never probe.

"I used to know a Jackson once upon a time," she ventured, hoping to steer the talk into safer waters. "Well, I technically still know him, but I haven't met him in a long time. He's an America and I hear he does a very important job." Azalea doubted the Jackson she remembered was still a reality. The photographs Victoria had shown spoke nothing of the little lost boy with a flask on his hip that shouldn't have been there at such a young age.

"Plants can indeed be very interesting," the brunette agreed. "Which ones are your favorites? Maybe I can help you look after them, I used to be very good at Herbology when I was your age."

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 2:11 pm

_____
Dominique wasn’t sure if she wanted to talk about the divorce. But she did know that some time she would have to try and work it out. And she knew that she could always talk to her mother or her uncle Jackson. Or she could even talk to Victoria about it. “ I know my mom said that he was cheating on her with some blond. But I doubt you go to prison for that. So there has to be something she isn’t telling me. And uncle Jackson hasn’t really said anything to me.” Right now she was confused about everything. But now she was a teenager so she knew that this was the beginning.

She then listened as professor Harrington as she said she knew her uncle. “ Yup he really important job as he is running for senator.” Dominique knew that he has been so busy that he hasn’t be able to write her. But at least he was there for her birthday this year. And she knew that Victoria would always write to her. “ Uncle Jackson is actually getting married next year to my friend Sasha.”

Dominique smiled as the professor said that she could help her look after them. “ Right now I am working on taking care of my Iris. But at home I was able to grow some herbs. My mom says that I remind her of her friend.” As she had a love for plants and she knew that it was going to grow. “ I am excited about trying to grow some Azalea. I know if I start working on growing some flowers. Then I can start selling them.” It seemed like she was putting together herself a small business. Money was something that she would never have to worry about. As she was the heir of Fox.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:32 pm

The news of the child's father cheating with a blonde, and an Uncle Jackson running for the American senate.... It didn't take to put two and two together. Victoria had been as elusive as she could have been while still remaining her friendly self but the pictures of MizMagikMoniez and Jackson's prolonged stay with someone in LA....

"Well Miss. Greene, I think we may be talking of the same Jackson. Tell me, does he hang around a very pretty girl named Victoria?" The addition of Jackson marrying a Sasha confirmed it. What a small world they lived in.

"Oh, I didn't realize his fiance was your friend, she must be a whole lot older than you," the witch remarked casually. Jackson wouldn't be marrying someone the Gryffindor's age after all. As talk turned to flowers and the child showed off her irises, Azalea merely nodded. Though the wish to grow an azalea caught her off guard.

"Oh trust me, you don't want to plant azaleas, they aren't good for much. I would suggest planting herbs you can actually use."

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Dominique smiled when it seemed like they were talking about the same person. “ I know Victoria writes me letters. And she sent me a welcome back to school basket. I know I have invited her to come to the Greene mansion.” Now they had something else that they could talk about. Even though Dominique knew that she could learn more about plants from the professor. She nodded her head when she said that she knew her uncle Jackson fiance. “I was in my first year and I think she was in her fifth year when we became friends. She was one of the people who would supply me with chocolate.”

Dominique listened as professor as the professor said was talking about azaleas. “Well I am sure the can be used for something. If I grow different kinds of flowers then I could sell them at Valentine Day.” She couldn’t believe that she hadn’t thought about that earlier. It seemed like she found a way that she could make some money while she was at school. “I have an herb garden back home. But also have a small garden.” Dominique was proud of herself.

“But why would you say that azalea wouldn’t be good for much?” She was smiling as she was looking at the professor. “I think that they are pretty and they come in different colors.” She was feeling relaxed and was forgetting that she was just a student and well this was a professor. It was actually a nice change. And she couldn’t wait to write Victoria and tell her everything. “ Maybe you could come visit me this summer? I am sure that my mother would be fine with it” Dominique was hoping that she would think about it. “ You don’t have to say yes right now. Just think about it.”

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 pm

When the child indeed indeed confirmed they were talking about the same man, Azalea's expression softened even more. But then again, mention of Victoria would always have that affect on the brunette. It also didn't surprise her at all that Victoria kept in touch with the child and sent her things just like she did with her niece in Slytherin.

"That's right. And you're friends with Mimosa too, aren't you? I saw you guys siting together at the feast," the TA segued into the next topic as smoothly as she could. "With the short haired little girl, Ms. Williams I believe? You're all friends?" The witch was hoping to get more information on how their little group came to be, and perhaps Ms. Green was the perfect person to provide said information.

“But why would you say that azalea wouldn’t be good for much?” She was smiling as she was looking at the professor. “I think that they are pretty and they come in different colors.”

"I suppose they would do if aesthetics are your goal, though there are prettier flowers for that reason." Azalea merely left it at that. After all the aim here wasn't to turn the student off azaleas, just to steer her towards something a little bit more useful. And more important than the lesson was to respect the Gryffindor's decision in what she chose to do with her free time.

"Be sure to make a bunch for your mom, I'm sure she'll love reeving flowers you personally grew."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)   Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea) Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I borrow your ear ( Azalea)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next