Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 pm

"...and this is where your Charms classroom is," Apollonia looked at the first years that had pretty much gathered around her as she led her housemates to their classroom, having a free period gave her the chance to show the firsties where their lesson began for the day. "Now, remember, the staircases move around a lot and there are some trick doors but all of your classrooms are in the same place and those never move unless a Professor sends a note through with a house-elf or you are told the lesson before. Off you go now, don't want to keep your Professor waiting, do you?"

"Thank you, Nia!" The handful of First year's chorused with a giggle as they rushed off together into the class, Apollonia shaking her head at their antics as she turned and headed down the corridor once more, her heels clicking on the stone floor even though she had tried to walk softer as to not disturb the other classes with her shoes.

"I never remembered being so lost..." Apollonia mused as she twirled a lock of her hair around a finger, soft brown eyes watching out for any trick stones that could trip her up - she didn't wish to chance an injury this early in year. "...then again Big Sister did give me a rough map of where everything was..." She conceded after a few silent moments, a laugh bubbling out of her throat as she remembered watching her sister sketching out something so many years ago before Apollonia had started her first year only for that something to turn out to be a rough map of Hogwarts that Ariande had given her just before she boarded the train.

"Hah..." The ginger-haired female shook her head as she turned around the corner only to blink her eyes and grimace - she knew she should've been paying attention but she was quite sure that this was not the way to the Library.

Huffing in exasperation, Apollonia turned and started her trek again; she wasn't in any hurry as the only reason she was going was so that she could take out some more History books so she didn't bother rushing. It's not like she had any lessons for the next two hours at least.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

It was only her second week back at Hogwarts yet Azalea found... if not her actual memories returning than at least her physical ones making something of a resurgence. Where the brunette had been worried she would have to familiarize herself with the entire school once more, that had not been the case. Bar the most casual of tours Grayson had given her in the first few days, Azalea's feet seem to know where to go. The path from her quarters to the Slytherin Common Room was one beaten many times over, mostly to deliver messages from Professor Blackwood to the students and sometimes purely to catch a glimpse of a certain young witch on her way to or from the area.

Azalea usually avoided the third floor.

After the awkward meeting with Jake and the even more awkward sitting with him through the feast trying to make small talk and then just giving up, the American witch had made sure to avoid the DADA teacher. And the fact that it had been well over a week and she hand't run into him either told her he was probably doing the same.

It was a pity really, Azalea had wanted to ask of Ivan and Adrienne. Thankfully Victoria had her covered on that front. Every time the Potions Assistant texted her best friend expressing how much she missed the children, Victoria was prompt to reply with half a dozen pictures. The kids had started going to school, Ivan looking ridiculously proud in his combed hair and straight tie while Adrienne looked put out with her pinafore and pig tails.

All would have gone well and she would have kept avoiding the third floor if the Quidditch season hand't begun in earnest. Apparently the Trophy had to be removed from the Ravenclaw's case to be placed in a neutral spot until it was won by another or the same team this year again. The brunette neither cared nor understood why this was important but as an on hand staff, had been entasked with the duty of moving the trophy, requiring her to make the journey into the unknown.

She had been careful, picking a time when she knew Jake would be in class. Still, she had deployed all her Nightshade skill to make her way from the third floor corridor to the trophy room, only daring to breathe properly once she was in and among all the glittering awards. To one side, a glass fronted cork board showed a record of the past decade's Head Boys and Girls, drawing her gaze and compelling her to find Katherine Zanderson and Cyr Harrison.

Next she moved to the giant Quidditch trophy, carefully removing it from it's blue showcase and placing it in the middle of the room once more, beside the House Cup that had recently been removed from the Slytherin's showcase. Having made sure her task was completed, the brunette moved on to the Slytherins' Quidditch records. Would Mimosa be on it? Or was she too young?

Not entirely sure how this was ranked, the witch's brown eyes roved over the shields. Eventually she worked out the bigger and shinier the medal, the more significant the contribution of the player. Judging by that the huge shield at the top must have been a good player. Azalea's eyes flicked up to the shield, noting the beater's title and the na-

Footsteps outside made her head swivel, the trophy forgotten as her breathing quickened. No, Jake was in class. And anyone else was not a threat to her sanity. Still, making her way to the edge of the door, Azalea peeked out, only to see the back of one of her upperclassmen disappearing around a corner.

"Miss. Leandros, can I help you?" she called out to the redhead, her voice carrying easily enough down the stone hallway.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 11:48 am

She didn't expect anyone to be around, at all. It was class time after all and most of the Professors were either busy teaching or, in the case of those who had a free period now, marking homework or adjust their lesson plans. And the students, those who were in lessons should be and those who weren't in class were busy studying for their next one or studying for their exams.

When that somewhat familiar voice echoed around the corridor, Apollonia had been quick to pull her wand out and spin around to face whoever it was that was behind her only for her wand disappear back into its holster just as quickly, her lips parting as she let out a sigh of obvious relief at seeing none other but their Assistant Potions Professor, Azalea Harrington.

"Miss Harrington." The Slytherin pretty much bowed in apology. "My apologies, you startled me and I automatically reacted." Thankfully, she hadn't shot off any spell and had it been any other place but Hogwarts, Apollonia's reaction would've been quite severe to getting startled by someone. It wouldn't have ended pretty that's for sure.

"I seem to have gotten a bit lost." The fifteen-year-old laughed softly, brushing a stray lock of her hair behind her ear. "I was showing some of the Slytherin first years on how to get to their class and then after I left them I got lost in thought on my way to the Library." She blinked her eyes. "I've never seen this part of the Third Floor so I'm quite stumped as to where I'm really supposed to go."
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

"Miss Harrington." The Slytherin pretty much bowed in apology. "My apologies, you startled me and I automatically reacted."

"That's quite alright, Miss Leandros, though I can't imagine any kind of surprise that would have you reaching for your wand within the walls of the school," she replied, allowing the girl time to put the wand away. Azalea's own magical conduit remained barely used, mostly forgotten in a pocket of a dress hanging in her rooms. Old habits died hard.

Though the American hand't been in Hogwarts long, she liked to think she had an eye for troublemakers, and Apollonia Leandros didn't strike her as the type to skip classes or sneak out. The poor girl must have genuinely been lost then. "If it helps, we're by the trophy room. If you like, I can walk you to the library. Though I can't promise Professor Hughes will be there, he might be in class." Grayson had explained to her early on that he doubled as both librarian and Transfiguration Professor at the castle.

"That is of course if you still intend to head to the library. Walking together will also keep Peeves at bay, I hear he's been lurking around here trying to scare the first years."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 am

At that, Apollonia had to agree; there weren't many surprises that could lead people reaching for their wands but well, you could never really be too careful could you? She gave the older witch a smile. "You can't really be too careful Miss Harrington, it may be a school but a lot of things happen, no?"

For once, she was thankful that this was her free period as it meant she wouldn't get into trouble with any of the Professors - there was rarely a time where she got detention and she certainly didn't want to start her fifth year off with one. "Oh! No wonder this place looked different." She had never even stepped a foot anywhere near the trophy room before and when getting lost in thought you aren't really watching where you're heading. "I just want to confirm something on one of my assignments with the books there." She didn't need Professor Grayson to be at the library for that.

"I won't mind, some company is always nice when walking after all." She replied to that, her lips tilted in a smile.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 pm

The teaching assistant could understand Apollonia's confusion. Despite the whole room being dedicated to glories of former and present students, very few actual students visited the Trophy Room. "Don't worry, you aren't missing much," Azalea reassured the younger witch. "The room is just full of Quidditch accomplishment which honestly go over my head on a good day." Of course, once upon a time she had sat down and learned things about the game, but both the knowledge and the reason for acquiring said knowledge were long gone.

"I hope you're finding the start of term a relatively easy one," she continued as she walked with the girl towards the back stairway. The main stairs may have been more convenient but they were also far more visible. Besides, the back stairs would lead them directly into the path of rear entrance of the library. "Be careful, some of these slabs are uneven."

The brunette helped her pupil down the fee steps before taking a sharp right. "I was going over your previous academic record and you seem to be gifted in almost every subject. Have you decided which ones you'd like to opt for come NEWT levels?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Apollonia had never had a Professor who was as kind to her as Azalea Harrington seemed to be - every other Professor just seemed to be awfully polite and quite stifling and it led to Apollonia having a hard time talking to them even if she wanted to. "Ah..." That actually told the girl more than she would've suspected; Quidditch wasn't something that she enjoyed, she'd much rather play the muggle sport of Football it was a much safer equivalent to anything else.  

"Relatively easy..." Apollonia agreed with the Professor, a soft laugh escaping her lips as she walked by the Professor, curiously wondering where she was being led but trusting the woman. Had it not been for Azalea's help, Apollonia had no doubt that she would've, more than likely, tripped and broken a bone or two with these steps. "Thank you."

Stumbling slightly, Apollonia straightened herself and flushed a pale pink at the praise from the woman. "Defence Against the Dark Arts and Potions for sure... I was also thinking of taking Ancient Runes." She replied to the question. It wasn't a sure thing that she would take those subject for her NEWTs but it was something that she had been thinking on for a while.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm

The first two subjects Apollonia mentioned were a standard foundation for a career in Aurarship. Ancient Runes however was an outlier, suggesting the girl was at the very least interested in some sort of research. Azalea considered it for a moment, silently commending her student for not going towards easier options to tide her over the NEWTs papers.

"Well, I find it helpful to plan out what those subjects would be used for after you graduate. That turns a good decision into a great one." Azalea herself had always known she wanted to be a Herbologist before her life had been so cruelly stolen from her. She had also known she didn't want to go to college. Oh if only her teen-aged self could see her now, working at a school to put herself through university.

"Are you thinking about university after Hogwarts or would you want to jump straight into the fray of working adults? Alternatively you could choose a completely different path that's more suited to you." Azalea was well aware girls from prominent families also saw marriage as a viable option straight after graduation. Though she wasn't sure if the young Slytherin quite fit that mold.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 8:12 pm

"I... don't really know what I want to do with my future." Apollonia replied in embarrassment, her cheeks flushing darkly as she looked down at the ground. When she had been young, she had always dreamed of following in her elder brother footsteps of becoming a Lawyer but after so many years of being a sister to one, Apollonia didn't think she'd want to be one.

"I think I'd like to head off to University after Hogwarts." She replied in thought, having not even a clue of what she could do. There were so many things and even more paths that she could take then she could think off. She'd probably have to take some time to think about it. "Maybe give myself a chance to do something spontaneous really... The subjects I'm thinking of taking in NEWTs are mainly the ones I am the strongest in..."

If there's one thing that Apollonia was quite glad about it was the fact that her family was not pureblooded or prominent - she didn't think she'd be able to survive a marriage so soon after graduation after all. Not to mention, settling down so early was definitely not for her.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Apollonia's predicament was not unique to students as far as Azalea was aware. In her personal opinion, seventeen as too young to decide what one wanted to be for the rest of their life. And the pressure to decided usually never lead anywhere good. At Apollonia's age, Azalea herself had only known that she liked plants, and that she didn't want to go to college. Her research with plant tissue replacing human tissue had begun to take shape much later, after she had settled into what must have been a very comfortable life in Candace.

"While I can't tell you what to do,' she began carefully as they turned into another corridor this time, winding their way through the castle to the side entrance of the library. "I would definitely advise taking as long as you need to figure it out. There is absolutely no rush when it comes to dedicating your life to something, and an exam has never been a good reason to hurry."

Of course, as her teacher, the brunette should not be dispensing such advice, but Azalea had never been a conventional teacher. "And if you decide that studying or working isn't really your thing, that's perfectly fine too." As she spoke, the corridor opened into larger hallway, revealing the double doors leading to the library.

"Looks like we made it," she grinned at the redhead. "And in one piece too."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)   Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Lost in This Place is Easy (Open)
Page 1 of 1