Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Empty
PostSubject: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 4:49 pm

You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Ava-Kolker-Height-Weight-Measurements
Lilac Rhea Capulet

There had only ever been one benefit to Elenore Lissette Clement being a Hufflepuff, Lilac reflected as she sat on the floor of the Room of Requirements, the pure silk material spilling from her lap as she examined it closely. The second year Slytherin had initially started out on one of the elaborate sewing stations the room had provided when she had asked for a place to modify a dress. Sadly, she had not thought to include a caveat stating she was only twelve and her legs couldn't reach the peddles to operate the machines. Skilled in the art of sewing and embroidery since childhood, Lilac had picked up all the lessons the then new Clement ward had discarded, learning all she could as discretely as she could because even then, Lilac Rhea had known it would be helpful.

The badger affiliation at least introduced some color into Lady Elenore's wardrobe. It was also easier to spot in a sea of black and white. Though Lilac would be the first to admit white had its advantageous. it was the easiest color to dye through a quick charm and provided the young witch with a variety of fine clothes that no one ever saw for whom they really belonged to. But the which attributed that to her own talent rather than anything else.

Like how, at the moment, she had taken to task transforming a wide cut, floor length golden gown made for a delicate sixteen year old into a short, yellow frock more suited to her own still somewhat chubby frame of twelve. The key was to take out the fine black threading that gave the garment away. Lilac doubted any wand or machine in the word could pull apart the kind of embroidery sewn onto the hem of the dress, so the witch had resigned herself to doing it by hand, one needle stroke at a time. It had been three hours now and she was still only halfway through.

But her vision kept her going. A vision of her being invited to the Slytherin Christmas dinner in Hogsmeade before the school let out for the holidays. A vision in which she stood out as a radiance of gold against the group draped in bright to drab green. Officially, there was no invitation. Any Slytherin could attend as a gesture of goodwill from Professor Harrington and Professor Blackwood. Unofficially, if Mimosa Clement didn't want you at a party, no one else wanted you there either.

Still, Mimosa was stupid and easily distracted, especially lately with the Headmaster's son flapping around her. She would probably not notice if Lilac showed up... if Lilac maybe stayed in the background...

Though the material in her hands would not shape a "background" dress, and deep down, Lilac knew she was never meant to be a "background" witch. So despite the possibility that she may not be allowed to go, the girl bent her head over her needlepoint, continuing her work to make the dress stand out.

To make herself stand out.

Like she deserved.

Back to top Go down
Jurian Taggart
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Jurian Taggart

Birthday : 2014-08-11

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 pm

"Bob!" Jurian called for his ornery ginger cat. He knew it wasn't a very imaginative name, but the boy didn't care nor had the cat when it was dubbed with the name. As a ten year old presented with a fiesty kitten he'd blurted the first thing that had come to mind. That it's behavior reminded him of his ginger haired cousin Roberta in America. His family found his comparison amusing; Roberta not so much when she found out. In fact, she made it a habit to slug him in the arm because of it. Being the onstinate thing it was, after Jasper had referred to the cat as "Bob" it stuck.

"I'll ask the house elves for a huge basket of yarn okay?"

Sighing, the Ravenclaw wasn't feeling particularly clever at the moment. He'd been searching for the cat for weeks! Sure, last year Bob had gone off exploring same as him, but never longer than a few days, four at most. Jurian thought maybe his cat got himself a girlfriend. That thought had morphed to worry about if an owl had carted his cat off for a meal. The thought wouldn't leave his head so he'd traipses through the castle in search of his elusive pet.

It was on his third pass, wondering if yarn or any kind of string would be a big enough bribe when he stopped and stared. There was a door that hadn't been there before. Looking around quickly, he glanced up at the ceiling. "You bored and in a playful mood again, or you want to show me something?" He curiously asked the castle alreadt knowing he was going to open the door.

Reaching out he grasped one iron ring in his hands and pulled with a grunt. He nearly tumbled backwards as the door opened with ease. "That...was easier than I thouht it would be. Thanks!" He cheerfully told the castle as he wiped his hands on his denims.

"Oh." It was said slightly in disappointment. So the school wanted to play with him today. Shrugging, he walked further into the room thinking he'd find something more than sewing... Or maybe it was for him to tempt out Bob wherever he was?

Picking up a bolt of cloth, his eyes widened. "Heavy!" Dropping it quickly, he called out, "Hello? Any ghosts in here?"

♮ Larch & Unicorn Tail ♮♮  PROFILE ♮♮ Directionally Challenged ♮
You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Jurian1
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 pm

It was slow going but Lilac was nothing if not determined. Another hour in and she had almost removed all the black threading. After that, it was a mere ruching and shortening of the hem and removing of the sleeves. The fitting would come after. Lilac already knew how she was going to accessorize the frock that this would become. While ehr own father could not afford to give ehr any jewelry, that didn't mean Lilac couldn't get her hands on some.

It had been a genius idea to borrow and repurpose a button from one of the Lady Clement's older dresses, one that did not go to some fancy museum to be displayed. It would come as no surprise to anyone that every button, string or other embellishment used in a Clement's tire was of the finest quality, her borrowed shimmering gold gem no exception. Lilac had first relieved the button off its original home, then extracted the gem from its casing. The gem now rested on a gold chain her father had manage to gift her.

Yes, Lilac was very pleased with herself, imagining what the finished product would look like. Until someone broke her reverie.

"Hello? Any ghosts in here?"

The young Slytherin's first reactor as to hide the dress in her lap. Her second was to hide herself. Lilac was good at hiding under short notice, it was a coping mechanism developed to deal with Mimosa Clement.

But the voice was male, even if not var manly. And... not of someone she knew. Plus they were inquiring if the room ahd any ghosts which it certainly did not. If Lilac told him so, would he go away.

"Non," she called out hesitantly, her french accent laboring over the word. Adding "No one's here," in English as an afterthought before realizing that she had just been stupid. "Actually, there are ghosts here, big and scary ones," she backtracked, hoping to shoo the intruder away.

Back to top Go down
Jurian Taggart
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Jurian Taggart

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:17 am

Blinking when he got a reply from the room, he tilted his head in confusion at the young sounding voice. Well, he'd always thought the castle had to be a girl, but he didn't think it would talk like one. If anything he would have assumed she would talk with a Scottish accent rather than a...was that French?! Shrugging since he supposed the castle could talk however she liked, the boy thought perhaps he would get bored talking the same way too if he was ancient. Maybe she was in a phase? It would be interesting to hear what other voices she decided to speak in and was she always a girl?

"Oooookaaaay?" he drawled out the word after the castle seemed to change it's mind and told him there were ghosts there. Or was Hogwarts informing him that there were ghosts of that caliber in the castle but not int he room? As she had first stated there there wasn't anyone rather than saying the word ghosts.Nodding, he knew that there were some scary ghostly specters at the castle. While he wasn't that scared of the ghosts there were some he'd rather avoid; one such ghost was the Bloody Baron. He shuddered remembering how the ghost had showed Jurian exactly how much he didn't like the Ravenclaw boy last year. And while Nearly Headless Nick was okay, it kind of grossed him out to see the details of what a botched beheading looked like.

"The Bloody Baron isn't around here is he?" He asked hoping the answer would be the one he wanted as he glanced around just to be sure. "And how come you decided to talk like a French person? How many other accents have you done? Or do you only know the languages of the students that go through your halls?"

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 11:25 am

"Oooookaaaay?"

The witch let out a sigh of relief. Whoever it was, they should be easily deterred by now. The ghosts in this castle weren't actually scary but Lilac wasn't about to point that out, especially when she needed the room to herself. Putting aside her own needlework carefully, the young Slytherin got to her feet, trying to hear receding footsteps though this place was too large not and nearly as echoe-y for that effect. Still, a few seconds passed and there was no sound, meaning she had to have succeeded.

"The Bloody Baron isn't around here is he?"

"Umm.. yes 'e 'ees eendeed," the witch replied, trying to make her voice gruff and ghost like even though the Bloody Baron had taken an oath of silence a thousand years ago. Naught could be done for her prominent accent though. "Ve are 'aving tee and bon bons." There, that should dissuade the boy from exploring any further.

Or at least it would have had he been a normal boy.

"And how come you decided to talk like a French person? How many other accents have you done? Or do you only know the languages of the students that go through your halls?"

Unsure what he meant, Lilac pondered the question. Was he making fun of her English? Did he think he could get away with insulting a ghost. Deciding he meant offense because she hadn't noticed otherwise, the child bristled.

"I speak both English and French perfectly thank you very much, how dare you insult a Clement. My family will see you exiled for this!" In her fervor, the witch didn't realize she was getting louder than anticipated, and not nearly as inconspicuous as she would have preferred to remain. Rounding a corner, she found herself straight in the eyeline of her impromptu guest.

Back to top Go down
Jurian Taggart
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Jurian Taggart

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Hearing that the ghost was around had Jurian yank his hands close to his body as he stared around wide eyed but wondered what was up with Hogwarts' voice. Could a castle catch a cold? Perking up at the thought of having tea and bon bons, he moved a bit further into the room hoping that he'd be able to see a ghost eat, or try and eat and what happened to the food and drink. Although he didn't think the house elves nor the caretaker would appreciate having to clean up if the ghost couldn't eat or drink. The castle didn't direct him though, so he stayed put looking to see if he could post a path he was supposed to tread.

Taken aback at being yelled at, the boy was confused and shocked by the words. He mouthed the name Clement knowing it was supposed to mean something. When he saw the girl, he blurted the obvious, "You're a girl!" That was a bit disappointing. He had thought the castle was finally talking to him! Instead it had been a girl. And did she say she was going to exile him?! Perplexed he wanted to know, "You're going to expel me because I thought Hogwarts was talking to me, but it was you? That's not very nice or fair."

She had been the one impersonating the castle and leading him on! But then, maybe she hadn't known he thought she was Hogwarts? But how was he to know she was supposed to be someone important? He was beginning to understand how the Doctor and Rose felt when they got knighted and banished on the same day. Alas, he didn't even get to have the fun of being knighted first. Then as he recalled seeing her in his classes he stared knowing that she wasn't a Clement but couldn't think of what her last name was, other than the professor didn't use that surname.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:27 pm

"And you are... Monsieur Taggart," she ventured a guess now that the owner of the disembodied voice was in full view. He was a Ravenclaw, of that she was sure. She had seen him around in those blue robes and scarves. He might even have been in her own year or a year above. "The boy who's late to everyzink?" The last sentence didn't sound like a rebuke though, it sounded like a genuine question. How he gong way with it was of great interest to Lilac.

"You're going to expel me because I thought Hogwarts was talking to me, but it was you? That's not very nice or fair."

"You think the castle talks?" she asked, genuinely curious now, her offense all but forgotten. "Like the walls and the windows and the stairs?" Against ehr wishes, the child let out a small laugh, her blue grey eyes alight with amusement. This was the first time she had heard that particular wild claim. "What does it sound like? An old Scottish wizard?"

If her own palace could talk, Lilac imagined it would sound like the Lady Clement. Quiet, graceful and musical. Every time the mechanic's daughter had heard the Queen of France speak, she had tried to emulate the tone and accent, never quite getting it right and getting frustrated in the process.

"An you don't have to worry about being expelled, I will write to my family and tell them you meant no harm," she added as an afterthought. "But then you will owe me a favor." Yes, that sounded about right. Hopefully this boy wouldn't put together that she was in no position to punish him before she the witch had a chance to reclaim that favor.

"How did you find this place, I was certain not many people knew about it."

Back to top Go down
Jurian Taggart
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Jurian Taggart

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Cheeks pinking as he felt his face heat up from her reminding him of his being late to class, he denied, "That only happened once..." The 'so far' didn't really need to be said as he was sure that it wouldn't be the last time he was side tracked and would end up late to class because he'd fallen through a wall.

The boy's embarrassment grew as she laughed at him for thinking the school talked. "What does it sound like? An old Scottish wizard?" Was it that predictable to think a castle in Scotland would sound like a native? "Witch," was softly stated as he was sure his face was on fire. It was honest mistake he was sure to think a castle that like to play jokes could talk. "It's alive," he murmured sure of himself.

"Thank you?" His voice rose as a question rather than a statement as he was unsure quite what to say when she told him that he wouldn't be kicked out of school. Blinking he tilted his head in bemusement, "What kind of favor?"

Looking around seeing all the cloth, thread and such, the boy was genuinely puzzled. "They don't know about a sewing room? I was looking for my cat Bob, and Hogwarts showed me the door here. I think she wanted me to use the string or something to help lure him out."

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm

"It's not alive, its just magic," Lilac explained. Perhaps the boy wasn't really in Ravenclaw, she reasoned, eyeing his blue and bronze tie suspiciously. Or perhaps the hat made a mistake? It had belonged to a Gryffindor once so that was a likely scenario. After all, it had made a huge mistake putting Mimosa in Slytherin, she was clearly a Hufflepuff. "When you enchant something, it doesn't come to life, it just borrows some of yours," she explained, not altogether unkindly. Hadn't his Maman and Papa taught him that?

"They don't know about a sewing room? I was looking for my cat Bob, and Hogwarts showed me the door here. I think she wanted me to use the string or something to help lure him out."

"This isn't the sewing room," Lilac informed the boy, her initial haughtiness giving way to actual excitement at the prospect of telling someone what this room did. It wouldn't matter now anyway right, he was already in. "This is the Room of Requirements, I read about in Hogwarts An Amended History. This room becomes whatever you want it to be if you ask nicely." Standing back, she gestured to the area they stood in now where every manner of fabric and clothes related accessories existed.

"I wanted to have a place to work on my Christmas gown, so it become this." Then, with more genuine excitement at having someone to show off to, she added. "Do you want to see?"

Back to top Go down
Jurian Taggart
Ravenclaw Third Year
Ravenclaw Third Year
Jurian Taggart

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Screwing his face up in concentration and thought, the boy wanted to rebuttal her comments that she took as fact but chewed on his lip instead. People were entitled to their own opinion but she was wrong! He knew for a fact the castle was alive. And didn't that sort of make it alive even if it borrowed some of your life force? Doesn't that still make it alive? And the castle doesn't ever die or return what it takes, so wouldn't that mean that it was alive still? Just thinking about it made the twelve year old's head hurt so he left it alone and was thankful she wasn't saying it as if he was stupid or anything.

"It's not?" He wondered when told it wasn't a sewing room. It looked like it. He blinked as he looked around before turning his body back to the girl when she told him what it was called. His eyes widened before he opened his mouth then snapped it shut with a bemused expression. So, it wasn't alive but would become what he wanted if he asked? Going up to one of the bolts of cloth he fingered it again in wonder. If felt real. He had just assumed this sewing room was perhaps where they castle kept all the stuff it needed to alter their clothing after they were sorted. And where all the house colored scarves and such came from as well as the end of the year pendants.

"You make your own clothes?" He wondered never having known anyone who had done such a thing, not personally. He's seen people on the internet and on tv that did it. In his manga and in the anime he could watch online. Normal boys he was sure would want to run in the opposite direction, but Jurian was curious so he nodded with a smile. "Sure."

It would be polite to agree, but he really wanted to. Maybe she could show him how to make something? Then he could make his own costumes for Halloween or even do like people in his stories did. He was a wizard after all and they had some interesting clothes in stories. Not that he didn't like some of the robes and such he found at the stores in Diagon Alley but it wasn't really in his taste. Besides, maybe he could make something for his mom? A thank you for all the years of patching up his and Jasper's clothes. With admiration he stated, "You must be really skilled!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)    You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)  Empty

Back to top Go down

You look like, my next mistake (Jurian)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next