Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Empty
PostSubject: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Daniel Jameson
University Student
Hopelessly in Love

It had been only a few days since Daniel had met Cassie's parents and he couldn't help feeling that he was on a path that nothing could knock him from. Nothing, Daniel believed, could change the way he felt for anything in that moment.

The summer night was growing darker, and Daniel was stretched out on his bed, waiting for Cassie to come over, or for his eyes to grow too heavy that he had to give in to sleep. He wasn't sure which would come first, if he was honest, but he knew that if his girlfriend came home first, sleep would be forgotten for a few more hours.

Girlfriend.

Daniel smiled to himself, thinking about the fact Cassie was his girlfriend, even after all of these months he still felt stupidly happy at the thought of having such a beautiful girlfriend. If he'd have been able to see himself like this as the man he'd been before, he probably would have laughed at the idea of being so hopelessly in love with someone, but now...

It was perfect.

As the sound of the doorbell rang through his apartment, Daniel pushed himself groggily from his bed, pulling his shirt back on and heading towards the door, rubbing his eyes. As he reached the hallway, Daniel noted the small alarm he'd custom made with some ruins showed it was Cassie and he flicked his wand towards the door. "Come in! I'll just get you a drink!" Daniel called, moving in to the kitchenette and collecting Cassie's favourite drink. When the habit had taken place, he didn't know, but he didn't think about it as he retrieved a beer from the fridge for himself.

"You're late this evening, everything okay?" Daniel asked, moving back in to the lounge that connect with the hallway, looking to his girlfriend with a hopeful look. It didn't take long to realise that everything wasn't okay, however.

Placing the drinks down on the glass coffee table, Daniel turned to his girlfriend, worry and caution written on his features as he took the witch before him in. "Cassie..." He murmured, taking a step closer to her, but not reaching for her because he wasn't quite sure what he was seeing before him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 am

The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Img-thing?
Cassana's Dinner attire:

Cassana Rose
Potioneer Major

In all nineteen years of her life, Cassana had never been so unsure of what to do. There was no where for her to turn, no other path for her to take; she was stuck. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place; what her parents wanted of her and what she wanted for herself. After the engagement dinner, her stomach barely counted as full, and her throat was full of tears she wanted to unleash. Every nerve in her body was singing for her to do what she wanted; screw what her parents wanted, she could elope couldn’t she? She could leave the Rose’s forever while she still had the last name. She checked the time.

It was 10:20PM when she left the Brennham’s estate. Now it was 11:00PM.

Family had to come first. Her family needed her. She was their last heiress, their sole living testament of their love, and their only child now. If she left, if she eloped, if she ran she would only be hurting her parents in a worse way than they’d experienced with Gabriella. When it came to Gabriella they knew the reasons why; they lied to her and never treated her with the same love, and so she left and they respected that. She got that; she didn’t like it per se, but she got it. She still loved Gabriella and if Gabriella were here now, to tell her what to do she’d do it.

For the past forty minutes she’d been walking around Muggle London, her hair wet and framing her face, her make up stuck on by a fortunate charm she’d casted, and her feet muddied. Rather than go straight to her apartment, or rather than go straight to her boyfriend’s place she chose to walk through a park. The sprinklers turned on but she didn’t care, she couldn’t. The feel of the rain on her face and the cold air together made her numb and weakened her resolve to run from the union with strength to break the confrontation that was up ahead.

She had to be brave.

With that in mind, she cleaned herself up and steeled her spine even as her heart was screaming at her. Everything felt wrong. Finally apparating to the apartment she’d spent so much of her summer and so much of the past eight months in, she looked around for the little remnants of her. Mentally she categorized every part that she’d left for her to pick up. Even as he called out after opening the door, she said nothing; her voice in her throat as she quietly started to grab at the books and manuals for Potioneering she’d scattered throughout his apartment table and bookshelves. Quietly but surely there was a good pile and where there were once pieces of her, were now compartmentalized into a pile. She looked around towards a chair where a sweater she’d haphazardly thrown was, and lifting her and from her purse, with a shaky hand that she willed to be still she transfigured it into a bag and pushed her books in to.

When he commented on how late she was, she still didn’t have the heart to look up from her hands that were clutching the bag of her times. She was trying her hardest to gather her strength as she bit her lower lip and took a deep breath as she lifted her head, her eyes full of sorry.

She took a step back from him, closer to the door.

“This isn’t- we’re not- you’re-me, I,” she winced at her stammer before she lifted her head even higher, the lie starting to come to her, “I’m okay,” she answered giving a small, apologetic smile, “I just have something I need to tell you and it’s this; I want to break up with you. I’m here to grab my things, and then be out of your life.” Forever, her brain added mentally as her heart shattered in her chest.

Last edited by Naomira Fujioka on Mon May 04, 2015 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:50 pm

It was only out of the corner of his eye that Daniel noticed things didn't look right. Things that had made themselves part of the room seemed to have gone in his short time from the room, and as he looked to his girlfriend and the bag she held, he could feel his chest grow tighter. His internal monologue told him not to panic, that this was okay.

But the stutter...

Daniel might have only known Cassie for eight months, but he knew her well enough to know that she didn't stutter. She spoke confidently and quickly and always knew exactly what she was talking about. And here she was. Falling over words as she stepped away from him.

“I just have something I need to tell you and it’s this; I want to break up with you. I’m here to grab my things, and then be out of your life.”

Daniel had never believed in the heart breaking. A heart couldn't break. It could stop, it could beat too quickly, it could slow down. But if couldn't break. But in that moment, feeling himself grow winded with the words that had just met his ears, Daniel paused, sucking in air and trying to stop the sensation that the room was spinning.

"I..." The Jameson heir started, looking to Cassie with a look of utmost confusion. "Cassie, what's happened? Is everything okay? Your parents?" He asked, trying to work out if she was trying to distance herself from him for some reason that he couldn't even begin to fathom. "We're good, Cassana..." He managed, though his voice was not his own, the sound of his own voice shaking was alien to him.

The pounding of his heart filled his ears, but he wasn't listening to it. "You don't need to leave, Cassie. We can talk this through. Sort out whatever is wrong..." Daniel tried to insist, but the sentence said everything, 'whatever is wrong' he probably wouldn't fathom.

"Please..." Daniel added, not caring that he was pleading with her. So long as she stayed, he would do anything.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:51 am

Cassana felt her mind pulling at every string, at every thread, at every possible reason for her to hate Daniel. In truth how could she? He'd given her so much happiness, given her so much love, it was impossible to hate him. Even if she hadn't felt the same multitude of love the same way that he might have for her, she most certainly loved him. And he wasn't hurting her the same way Thomas had. No, this may have been much worse because this time she was doing the hurting. She didn't want to but this was the way things had to be.

She couldn't see herself betraying her family, breaking the hearts of her family and friends as opposed to just Daniel's.

Cassie met his eyes with a cold look in her own before manuevering herself past him with a defiant walk. Once she was in his room she started grasping at all her stray clothes hastily shoving them in her bag even past it's full point, she even cleared out the extra toiletries. All of this she did while talking to him over her shoulder.

"I'm perfectly fine if you couldn't tell, the truth is I just can't be with someone who doesn't share the same life goals or friendships as me." She declared firmly as she turned around, her back against the bathroom door she met his eyes with a sad smile. "We're not from the same worlds you and I and I can't keep living this fantasy that we're more than we really are to each other."

She swallowed her fears and started to cut the last tie that kept her close to Daniel as she walked past him back into the living room, talking to him again over her shoulder.

"I need to leave, I don't want to talk this through, nothing's wrong," she insisted and then turned around to meet his eyes again, still cold, still lying through her teeth but playing it off as calmly as possible and doing it with efficency. "Nothing's wrong with you Daniel, but there has to be something wrong with me because I'm afraid I've fallen out of love you and I'm sure there's no other way to make me fall back in love. Is there anything else you need?" She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against the door that led outside, that she'd take home, in a few minutes she'd be twenty and oh what a wonderful way to start the day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

The coldness in Cassana's eyes made Daniel take half a step back from his girlfriend, hurt pouring in to him through every pore of his skin. He didn't understand what was happening right in that moment, but his throat had constricted so much from the look that he didn't think he could even tell Cassana that in that moment.

The words that came from Cassana made Daniel's hurt increase as he followed he to the next room, moving out of her way when she went to the bathroom. Life goals? They hadn't talked... Daniel hadn't ever said he didn't want Cassana, he'd never given an indication that they couldn't work together. So... where was this coming from? And friend groups... he spoke to Brooke, and he was still working on the others, but did that really matter?

"Fantasy?" Daniel managed, shaking his head. "This isn't a fantasy, Cassana. I meant it, every time I said I love you, I meant it. This isn't a game!" Daniel insisted, as she walked past him once more.

The young man paused as she said that she didn't want to talk this through, he could feel his grip on the situation slipping with every moment that passed. Helplessness was sinking in as her name left Daniel's lips as softly as a prayer.

For the last time.

It was only a moment, an icy cold moment, that Daniel's heart shattered. Hearing Cassana say that she no longer loved him, that she would never love him again. It felt like the wind had been kicked from him, and the room went cold around him. His mouth had started to say something, but it had died on his lips as Daniel stared back at the witch.

"Is there anything else you need?"

No reply came to those words, Daniel simply looked back at the witch he'd thought he'd known, whom he loved, eyes begging her not to leave. It felt like hours to Daniel, just wanting her to come back to him, to tell him she hadn't meant it. But the figure of the witch had left, whether she'd said anything, Daniel didn't know.

The door closed, and with the final tremor around the room, Daniel felt himself sink to the floor, sink from the life he thought he had. The tears began to run down his cheeks then, as he violently gasped for air. His body went in to shock faster than he could have anticipated, and for the rest of the evening, Daniel didn't move, clutching his stomach and chest in the hope to drive away the pain...

It was two days before someone came looking for Daniel. Owls had arrived and left when he refused to move from the sofa that he hadn't moved from except to go to the bathroom. His eyes were red raw, and dark circles formed around his eyes.

His mother.

She'd come after hearing the new of his 'girlfriend' marrying the Brennham heir. Asking him if it was true, as if his current state didn't already show that. Daniel hadn't spoken a word as his body closed down once again, lighting up the pain once more. She'd gotten the house elves to cook him something and stayed until he'd eaten, but that was as far as the Jameson love went.

Silence had consumed him once more, and days started to go by once more. Alcohol bottle were lining up in the lounge, his medicine to help him through the rough times. And he ignored the world around him again.

Slowly drinking himself away, because Daniel didn't know how else to deal with this. Except to lose himself.

But he'd been wrong with even that.

Because at the end of the line, there had been Naomira, and she'd pulled him back to something that roughly resembled himself, over many weeks.

But the pain had remained for years, just below the surface, ready to take over at a moment's notice...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)   The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Good Bye That Never Ended Well (Cassie & Daniel)
Page 1 of 1