Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Potions [Dimitri]  Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Potions [Dimitri]  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Potions [Dimitri]  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Potions [Dimitri]  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Potions [Dimitri]  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Potions [Dimitri]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:21 am

February 2024

Time flew faster than the witch expected. It felt like yesterday that school had started, yet, here they were. The first day of February had rolled in, and Nerisei was simply trying to survive it. After the talk she had had with Dimitri, both parties seemed to be in lighter moods. Of course, there were times when Neri couldn’t really keep herself from feeling kind of sad, but overall, they were doing great.

To be honest, Neri thought that the more time they spent together, the harder it would be for her to handle her feelings, yet, it had been surprisingly easier. Not because her feelings were slowly slipping away, but because she was coming to grips with them. Nerisei was in love with Dimitri, that hadn’t changed. But his company was enough for her. And she had that as his friend. She was careful not to overstep the boundaries of the friendship, since she didn’t want to make Dimitri uncomfortable for a second time. But all in all, it was okay.

But then, February came, and the whole castle had been going on about that bloody day. The 14th of February, best known as ‘Valentine’s Day’. The Ravenclaw witch simply didn’t want to remember that bloody day, for multiple reasons. First of all, she was not going to celebrate it. No one would ask to be her Valentine, so she would -once again- spend that day hiding away, hoping to not walk in on someone doing the dirty. And then, the second reason was, she didn’t know what Dimitri was going to do, and she simply didn’t want to ask, because that would look like she cared. Which, she did, but she promised to herself she wouldn’t make any romantic moves. So, that was out of the question. Plus, what if he told her he had asked someone? The witch wouldn’t be able to hide her hurt at that moment.
The better choice would be to keep silent and just avoid him that day. Yes, that was the wise thing to do.

Focusing on the task ahead, Nerisei pushed past the crowd of witches that were going on about what they would wear and where they would go and who had asked them out, and towards the Study Area. The place was practically empty, and that is why Nerisei had told Dimitri to meet her there. Dimitri had kindly asked her for help with his Potions assignment, and Nerisei didn’t even have to think to accept. She loved Potions. She wanted to become a Potions Mistress, in fact.

Walking inside, she smiled as she spotted Dimitri already waiting for her. Moving to the desk he had occupied, Nerisei placed her things aside and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“Hey! Sorry, I am late. There was a horde downstairs. It was a nightmare,” she whispered to him before taking out her notes. “So, what seems to be the confusing part?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:21 am

After the talk with Nerisei, things had settled considerably between the two of them. Nerisei -- he could tell -- was still struggling at times, and whenever he felt like she felt bad, he would move the subject away from the current one, or change what they were doing so that she didn’t have to be pushed in to dealing with things. They spent more time together, be it studying, practicing together, dancing, or just chilling in the common room, and it was nice.

Of course, Dimitri hadn’t given up his other friends, so they were normally joined with a small crowd in the common room, or Dimitri had to excuse himself to go and spend time with the other boys.

But, it seemed to be working out for the two of them.

Dimitri was settled with the idea of friends, truthfully, but sometimes he caught himself thinking of what it might be like to be dating Nerisei. But, what could he offer her? He always asked himself, and in that moment, the thoughts were pushed back to the recesses of his mind, to ensure he didn’t think on the matter too long.

The boys had, of course, probed him on what was going on with Nerisei, but Dimitri had replied with what he and Nerisei had agreed.

‘We are just friends’.

Dimitri’s mind had been wandering again as he waited for Nerisei. Valentine’s Day was coming up, and he didn’t know if he should acknowledge the day -- as her friend -- or whether he should completely ignore it to save her feelings. To ask anyone for help on this question, though, was not something Dimitri considered appropriate, so he would have to think about this himself.

However, just as he was getting somewhere on that matter, a kiss was placed to his cheek, followed by the vastly familiar smell of Nerisei’s perfume which he knew oh so well. A smile touched his features as he came back to the hear and now to find Nerisei taking up the seat beside him.

“Hey!” Dimitri replied, taking in her apology before waving it away. “Don’t worry, you’re not late. Horde of?” He asked, wondering what was going on outside that would have instigated a horde to have appeared.

And then, they were straight in to the Potions work.

“Professor Holmes’ homework, it’s set on the… Burn Healing paste and other healing potions. I… guess I just wasn’t completely listening, and wondered if you could remind me what we actually have to do so that I don’t hand in a scroll full of rubbish for him to mark.” Dimitri admitted sheepishly in that moment. Potions wasn’t his favourite subject, and Professor Holmes was so dry it was difficult to stay focused, but he knew Nerisei loved the subject, and probably had an extensive list of information he could use.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:22 am

As Dimitri asked about the horde she had mentioned, Nerisei let out a giggle and shook her head. This was not what she wanted him to focus on, but since he had asked… “A horde of crazy, love-sick girls. Believe me, you don’t want to know!”

The things the witch had heard, while she was trying to walk past them were… intense, someone could say. It certainly would make anyone blush.

Though they were soon focused on the Potions homework that he seemed to be needing help with, and Nerisei paid attention as he explained everything. Indeed, Professor Holmes was… not the best Professor they could have. He was gloomy, cold, and simply, not the best for her tastes. But she didn’t care about him. She cared about the subject. And she was really good at Potions. If only he could make the lesson more pleasurable.

Thankfully for Dimitri, Nerisei had, of course written down her notes. But, not feeling like working right away, Neri decided to tease him just a bit.

“I got your back, Mitri. But, tell me. What had you so lost that you couldn’t pay attention?”

Nerisei gave the other Ravenclaw a small, playful smirk, before reaching into her back to pull out some more notes and a few book she had borrowed from the Library the other day. If she was going to help him get better at Potions, she was going to do it right.

But first, the wizard had a question to answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:23 am

The mention of a horde of crazy, love sick girls, made Dimitri leave that topic well alone. Letting out a small laugh, and shaking his head slightly, the Moreau heir pulled his notebook toward him, turning to a clean page so that he could make notes, though, if anyone were to look, there would be a multitude of random drawings.

Some were for inventions -- ones that hadn’t materialised fully in to something of worth, others of people -- specifically females -- in every day situations. And other pages contained small compositions he’d started and never finished. It was a mess, truthfully, much like Dimitri’s mind at times. So much going on, so much to explore, and only short amounts of time to truly concentrate upon them.

The question of what had had him distracted in potions the previous lesson brought a smile to Dimitri’s lips, and he turned the page back. Upon the page were a number of notes, set out across the lined paper.

“I was trying to compose something in my head head whilst Professor Holmes was explaining things in his monotonous voice.” Dimitri explained, showing Nerisei this page. Not because he was proving to her that he had been doing it, but because he knew the witch would appreciate the work because she was of musical background too.

“It’s not finished, yet, and I haven’t played it… it’s a work in progress…” Dimitri explained, because it only went down half the page before stopping abruptly where Professor Holmes had dismissed them and Dimitri had cursed himself in his head for missing the topic.

Looking to Nerisei with a small smile, the boy turned back to the blank page, waiting for Nerisei to pick up the conversation from there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:23 am

As Dimitri explained the cause of his lost mind, Nerisei couldn’t help but stare at him in awe. Of course she knew he could write music, they were both excellent musicians, Neri never doubted that. She, too, had tried to write some music of her own, but she always got stuck and gave up. She always blamed it on lack of motivation. But as the Ravenclaw male showed her his notebook, Nerisei paid extra attention to the composition, humming the notes as they went. It wasn’t finished, as Dimitri had informed her, but it already sounded beautiful.

“Wow.. it’s beautiful..,” the witch admitted, just as Dimitri took his notebook away, flipping the page. She had to get him to play it for her, sometime.

Then, Neri pulled herself together and focused on her notes. Looking between her papers, Neri grabbed one of the borrowed books and opened it where the bookmark was.
Reading over a few lines, she nodded to herself before turning to Dimitri with a smile.
“Well, as you know, the Professor didn’t have the time to say much, since the Ministry asked for him. But, firstly, you should say what the Burn-healing paste is. As you know, it is not a potion. On the contrary, it’s a thick paste, that’s orange coloured and -obviously- heals burns.”

Opening the other book, Neri scanned her notes once again before turning back to Dimitri with a smile. “Also, as I am sure you know well, there is a variety of spells and potions that Healers use. These are a part of Medical Magic,” the witch explained. “As you can see here,” Neri started as she placed her notebook in front of him, “I have made a list of all Healing spells. I have a list of the healing Potions as well, but that is a long one. I suggest you pick out a few of them. Maybe the Skele-Gro?” The girl offered.

Then, Neri pulled back to look around, making sure no one was looking at them, before pulling another book from her bag. She gave Dimitri a look that meant ‘Don’t ask’, since she didn’t want to explain how she got the book, before showing him the pages.
“You could also mention.. Other ways of healing. “

Clearing her throat, Neri leaned a bit closer and whispered.

“Chocolate is known to have special properties. It’s commonly used as an antidote for the chilling effect that’s produced when you come in contact with a Dementor. But also, against really bad cases of Dark Magic. Then, there’s the Phoenix Tears. Amazing healing powers. They say, a person can be revived even if they are at the brink of death.

“Lastly, it’s the Unicorn’s Blood. It’s not particularly a healing substance, but it keeps someone alive. Immortality. Which means they are immune to sickness, in a sense. Of course, anyone who slains a Unicorn and drinks its blood, will have to live a cursed life.”

Closing the book, Neri put it back in her bag. “Anything else I can help with?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty

Listening to Nerisei hum the first few lines of the song brought a soft smile to Dimitri’s lips. It was far from finished, but she made it sound beautiful no less in that moment, depicting the subtle rises and falls in the music with ease. He would, he reflected, have to finish it now, just to hear Nerisei play it, if nothing else.

“Thank you,” Dimitri replied softly to the praise that was given by the witch in that moment. “I’ve just got to find time to finish it.” He said softly, before pushing that subject to the side.

Their attention moved to the potions work, though, and Dimitri listened carefully as Nerisei explained what he’d not listened to in the class. How they had to write up their notes on the burn paste, and then make similar notes on other healing potions, remedies, etc. It was, perhaps, to try to inspire people on towards a Healing career, Dimitri supposed, as Nerisei brought out a book that had alternate methods of healing.

The chocolate and Dementor thing Dimitri knew from Defence Against the Dark Arts, Professor Newbury -- or Jake, as he preferred -- was much better at keeping his attention, though that was probably because he kept the class dynamic, interactive, and he couldn’t have his notebook out in front of him.

Dimitri’s pen didn’t leave the page, though, writing up everything Nerisei said in shorthand that he could rewrite later in full. The Ravenclaw nodded in the right places, making sure she knew he was listening and taking note of everything she was saying to him as he worked. It took them a short while, but eventually Dimitri had written it all down, making notes of the books Nerisei had brought with her in case he needed to look them up in the library for more information.

All in all, though, Dimitri knew he would be able to do it from what Nerisei had given him, he just had to find the enthusiasm to write it up in a coherent manner.

“Anything else I can help with?”

Dimitri finished the last note, and gently put a full stop after the last word, before looking up at Nerisei with the final question. You could ask, his mind supplied, and Dimitri considered the witch for a moment. Could there be any harm in asking? He countered, considering that point for a moment longer, before gently going in to the subject.

“Actually… I was wondering if you could help me with something.” Dimitri said gently, pausing once more because he was uncertain. Then, he decided for a slightly alternate approach to asking Nerisei what he was thinking. “I have a friend, who’s struggling with this problem of his. He wants to ask a girl to Hogsmeade this weekend -- for Valentine’s Day -- but he wants to go as friends. He knows it’s a little bit confusing, spending the one day of the year that is dedicated to romance with someone who is just a friend, but he… I guess he just wants to make sure the girl has a nice day…

“He asked me how he should go about that. Or, you know, whether he should just ignore the whole situation, so that nobody gets the wrong idea. I don’t know what to tell him, because… well, it’s a sensitive issue…”

There, Dimitri had inadvertently asked her for advice, using a friend as cover. It was glaringly obvious, he knew that, but at least if Nerisei told him not to do this thing, he would know that she didn’t want to go down that route.

And, in Dimitri’s mind, that was fine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:24 am

Nerisei watched as Dimitri wrote down everything she was telling him, but the lack of enthusiasm was obvious. He didn’t like potions, and it was written all over his face, but Dimitri like to know things, and he was an excellent student. So he kept trying, pushing himself to do the best he could manage, and in Nerisei’s eyes, this was the best, and the rightest thing to do.

But then, once that was done, Nerisei didn’t know what else to say. Maybe it was the fact that Valentine’s Day was only a week away, and she was scared of saying something she shouldn’t.

“Actually… I was wondering if you could help me with something.”

At that, Nerisei perked up, turning her full attention on Dimitri. Of course she would help him with anything he needed, as long as it was within the boundaries of her capabilities.
Hopefully, the wizard wouldn’t ask for something crazy. But knowing Dimitri, he would never ask for something like that.

“I have a friend, who’s struggling with this problem of his. He wants to ask a girl to Hogsmeade this weekend -- for Valentine’s Day -- but he wants to go as friends. He knows it’s a little bit confusing, spending the one day of the year that is dedicated to romance with someone who is just a friend, but he… I guess he just wants to make sure the girl has a nice day…

“He asked me how he should go about that. Or, you know, whether he should just ignore the whole situation, so that nobody gets the wrong idea. I don’t know what to tell him, because… well, it’s a sensitive issue…”

Neri had to blink a couple of times. When she had asked Dimitri whether there was something she could help him with, she meant homework. She never expected that what he would ask of her was advice. Especially advice on whether a friend of his, should ask a girl to go to Hogsmeade for Valentine’s Day. But as friends.

Nerisei wasn’t dumb. Of course, she didn’t know all of his friends, but she knew the people he hung out the most. Which were Ravenclaw boys. And she knew that those Ravenclaw boys would never had a problem like that.They would casually ask a girl out, the girl would say yes because, let’s be honest, most of them were good looking. And they would go to Hogsmeade with no problem. And she doubted a friend that didn’t hung out with him that much would ask for advice on such a sensitive matter.

So that left only one explanation.

He was talking about them.

He was going to ask her out but as friends? On Valentine’s? Was he serious?

Nerisei took a deep breath, swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat. What was she going to say? She wanted to spend Valentine’s Day with him. Badly. But going as friends? On the day that’s dedicated to romance and love? Could she bring herself to do that?
Well, would you prefer if he went with someone else?, the voice in her head inquired, and for the slightest of seconds, Neri’s eyes were wide. Oh no. No, no, no.

“Well,” the witch started, but she didn’t know what to say. Biting her lip nervously, Nerisei decided that she should give him an answer. But she should give him advice as a friend. Not as a girl that desperately wanted him.

“I think, and that’s just my personal opinion, that if he wants to go with her, he should just ask her. He could be like ‘Hey, we’re friends, but I’d just love to spend that day with you’. Or something like that.”

Clearing her throat, Neri brushed some hair out of her face and gave him a small smile.
“People will always talk. Whether you go out with a friend, a girlfriend, a boyfriend… anything. This is how it works. So, unless they both care so much about it, they should go. As friends. And have fun. It doesn’t matter what the world says. As long as they are okay with each other, and that arrangement, no one can stop them from having fun. It’s up to them. Their choices define them.

“That’s what I think.”

Giving him a bigger smile, Nerisei started gathering some of her things. She was proud of herself. Because she had made the right choice. She was being a good friend, even if it was hard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:24 am

Dimitri watched the witch before him process the information he had given her. Nerisei was not stupid, he knew that much, and he knew almost instantly that she knew that he wasn’t talking about a friend, but about them. In his head, it made it less awkward if she told him it was a stupid idea. They could pretend Dimitri was going to give this advice to his friend, and they would never talk about it again.

Nerisei didn’t tell him that it was stupid, though, merely pointing out that people would talk about the hypothetical friend’s situation, and possibly think there was something going on that wasn’t. But if he knew and Nerisei knew, that they were just going as friends, and they were both sure of that position, then he didn’t think it would be a problem…

When Nerisei finished her explanation of thinking that it was a good idea, Dimitri smiled a little bit, watching her pack up her things in that moment. She was avoiding his eyes. Perhaps he’d pushed her too far?

“And… if I asked to spend Valentine’s Day with you, as friends, would you be happy to do that? I mean, unless someone else has asked you, in which case, please go with them, and have fun, but, if you haven’t arranged anything…” Dimitri trailed off, because now he felt a little bit awkward in asking.

“It doesn’t have to be Hogsmeade, if you don’t want to go. We can do something in the castle, or the grounds, if you’d prefer.” Dimitri quickly added, making it clear that this would be all up to her.

“But, if what I’m asking would be… in anyway, difficult, or something that makes you feel anything other than comfortable, then I will understand if you tell me no.” Dimitri explained, giving her a small hopeful smile that said he meant that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty

As Nerisei was gathering her things, a million thoughts were running through her head. Yes, she had done the right thing, and the advice she gave to Dimitri was simple but the right one. Yet, even if a part knew, or more like hoped, he was talking about them, there was the small chance of him actually talking about his friend. And that meant that his plans for Valentine’s Day were either nonexistent yet, or he had arranged something and he was keeping it from her. Because he didn’t want to hurt her.

And yes, she was avoiding his eyes, because there was a trace of hope there. Hope that, even if they went as friend, he was going to ask her to accompany him, instead of some Pureblood. Even though he should be doing exactly that.

“And… if I asked to spend Valentine’s Day with you, as friends, would you be happy to do that? I mean, unless someone else has asked you, in which case, please go with them, and have fun, but, if you haven’t arranged anything…”

Nerisei inhaled sharply and turned her face away even more, in an attempt to hide the enormous smile that had touched her lips. Her heart was beating faster and louder than ever, and even a few happy tears were stinging her eyes. Oh my God.., she thought. He had actually asked her to be his date, or well, his friend-date, on Valentine’s Day.

His explanation that it didn’t even have to be Hogsmeade and that if she preferred to do something else with him it was fine, made her melt even more. He was so sweet, so caring...

“But, if what I’m asking would be… in anyway, difficult, or something that makes you feel anything other than comfortable, then I will understand if you tell me no.”

Neri’s eyes found his at that moment, the bright smile still on her lips. Her eye were shining as the tears that hadn’t yet fallen were gathering. She couldn’t believe this…
“If…” The witch had to stop and take a deep breath at that, trying to calm her beating heart before it jumped out of her chest. “If you asked me, I would say yes, Mitri. I would be honoured.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 10:25 am

It took a few moments, a few long, agonising moments, for Nerisei to turn back towards him, and when she did, the witch had tears in her eyes. Dimitri’s eyes widened slightly, worry touching his features because he had not meant to make her cry. But, after a moment, he noticed the smile on Nerisei’s lips, the smile that showed the tears in her eyes were not from sorrow, but from happiness.

Relax, Dimitri told himself as a small smile touched his lips in response to her evident happiness.

The comment of if he asked her, she would say yes made Dimitri’s smile grow bigger in that moment, and he gently cleared her throat.

“Well then, Miss Volkova, would you do me the honour of spending Valentine’s Day with me, in Hogsmeade, or any other place of your choosing, as friends. I promise that I’ll pay for everything we do, and anything you want on the day, so long as it makes you happy.” Dimitri asked, the proposal of the day being quite sincere.

“And, please don’t cry, I’m trying to make you happy.” He added in a whisper, eying the tears in her eyes with mild worry.

Whether this was the right thing, Dimitri would never know, but he’d asked now, and he would have to deal with any and all consequences that arose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potions [Dimitri]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions [Dimitri]    Potions [Dimitri]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions [Dimitri]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next