Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Wolf’s Rain (open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Wolf’s Rain (open) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Wolf’s Rain (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Wolf’s Rain (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Wolf’s Rain (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Wolf’s Rain (open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:37 am

Crunch crunch crunch

The sounds of crunching filled the tiny office.  Between crunches the whirling of fan blades gave a soft gentle hum to the even softer back drop of lofi that came from the phone on the desk.  No less than 4 fans ran continuously to chase away the southern heat.  A glass of sweating sweet tea gently clinked as fresh ice cubes cracked before the heat.  Signing thank you to the elderly figure, Isaac say back in his chair.  Eyes watched the open door and windows ahead of him in the converted sunroom, and his ears caught the sound of the Haitian women re-entering her home.

He’d set up shop here just over a year ago now.  The deaf women had given him a great deal on a room upstairs, and for a nominal added cost he’d been able to convert her sunroom into an office space for his private investigation business.  Granny had been good to him, and her pastimes made his business all the more easy.  He suspected he wasn’t the only one getting something from the relationship, as she was always eager to pass on her craft.  The relics of this craft lay littered across the rooms.  Various symbology and trinkets, the room could be mistaken for a voodoo pawnshop, sans the sales.

Taking a sip from the tea his head gave an involuntary shake.  How the woman lived to be as old as she was drinking sugar like that he’d never know.  Standing up he moved some papers across the desk into various folders.  “Shit” he’d say shaking the condensation from the tea from the now water stained papers and photos.

Isaac stood just a bit under 6 foot, and was undeniably about half a pound of muscle above “gangly”.  At present he stood shirtless, a light sweat over his body in the afternoon heat.  Dark purple shorts that rested much shorter than modern fashion dictated where his only attire as he walked barefoot around the tiny room attempting to straighten up.  Hair matted down from his morning run, with lack of a shower due to the lateness of the night before.  He swore he’d get one in before his client arrived, though he was playing a dangerous game with time.  

A loud squawk caused him to grab a pellet off the desk and toss it, only to be caught by a brilliantly plumed macaw.  A gentle clinking from his necklace as he made the movement.  The silver chain bouncing against its varied charms.  Opening a desk drawer he’d throw the bag of dried chickpeas inside, only to reside with a variety of other half eaten snacks of varying types.  Hands on hips, and back to the door he would look around the room.  It was neat enough.  At least his clientele clean enough.  Reaching up he’d scratch underneath the throat of the large stuffed crocodile that hung from the ceiling.  “Another day another dollar aye Louise?”
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 11:50 am

Wolf’s Rain (open) 352272,xcitefun-kajol-lofficiel-mag-3_052914023124_0

She had no idea why she was here, but at this point in her life, she knew better than to question it.

Not two days ago, Clara Kent was hidden away in Wrightwood California where the heat was different. It was a dry sort of heat that, after more than three decades in the state, the Seer had more or less gotten used to. The heat down south was something else entirely. Muggy, cloying and claustrophobic, it reminded Clara of being locked in a heating vent a very long time ago.

Yet here she was, in the not so scenic part of New Orleans, trying to track down a ramshackle building she had only seen once. The only thing to guide her a Macau Parrot and a vision of some unsightly facial hair. When the woman had first informed her housemate that she had to go chase down a vision, he had known better than to doubt her, instead simply telling her to take care.

He had learned over the years that Clara was a flight risk, specially if it partaken to certain maters. And this was definitely one of them.

Dressed in her usual style of a pair of jeans and a tie dyed blue and green blouse, the witch didn't stand out nearly as much here as she would have in a posh, white neighborhood. Regardless, there were a few stares here and there. On her part, Clara merely smiled when she caught someone looking, resulting in them hastily averting their gaze. Perhaps it was the large star and moon earrings she wore one on each ear respectively) or the half a dozen bangles and bracelets that adorned her left wrist. Perhaps it was the fact that her mid length dark brown hair were currently up in a high ponytail which was further poohed back by a bright yellow bandanna that clashed horribly with the red ensemble. Whatever it was, people tended to give her a wide birth until they understood what she did.

Then it was difficult bating them of even with a stick.

Finlay, the Seer located what may have been a match fort he building in ehr vision, walking tentatively up tot eh door and trying to will herself to have the same vision again.

Sadly, that would require her gift to be helpful, something it was famous for almost never being.

"Hello," she called out, waiting patiently as an old woman made her way to the door and opened it a crack. She said something unintelligible which Clara did not take as discouraging.

"This may sound strange, but is there a Macau Parrot anywhere on this premise?"

The lady murmured something that may have meant "one of those folks" but she opened the door just enough for Clara to come in. Though conversation stopped right after that as the woman pointed her to a room. Figuring she was on her own, the witch walked towards the room in question and raised her un-bangled wrist to knock, the two tattooed hourglasses on her knuckles clearly visible.  

"Hello, anyone home?"

To no one's surprise, the first thing she saw upon the door opening was the parrot from her vision, making the woman sigh in relief. At least she had made it to the right place.

Though her vision had not factored in the almost naked man in front of her.

Clara rolled her eyes at her gift. Thanks universe.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 5:26 am

Releasing the alligator, Isaac would scratch the back of his neck. Feeling wetness, he’d resign himself to that shower before the paying customers arrived. Turning his back from the doorway to the alley he’d start for the one that would enter into the old southern home. He’d taken two steps before a voice unfamiliar broke his thoughts. Head cocked he’d look just stopping himself from running into the women posing as a door in the doorway.

“Umm hello?” He’d say, taking a half step back. Unable to help it a confused look breaking out across his face. The client he was waiting for was a guy he’d thought, though he’d been wrong before. Especially during Mardi Gras. Looking her up and down as one with poor manners does he out of habit stuck out a hand, “Isaac Hellsinger, private eye. Are you……..Ben?” His voice still carried a confusion and lack of much social grace. He could navigate and interrogate with a level of charisma, but usually after a good shower, and perhaps a stake out before hand.

A loud cawing came from behind him as though Harlequin was deciding to have a laugh. He’d roll his eyes and turn from the woman, though keeping her in some line of sight to indicate he was listening to her. He’d make a couple quick moves, tossing another treat to the bird, throwing on a slightly damp tank top to at least be decent, and hitting the pause button on his phone to stop the lofi jazz music that had filled the humid room.

Presuming the woman would in fact deny that she was Ben, he’d gesture to a chair across from the desk. He’d take a sip from the tea, and ask simply “so what can I help you with ma’am?”
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 9:37 am

As taken aback as she was by where her visions had lead her, Clara almost missed the fact that the stranger standing in front of her would have been just as surprised at her appearance.

“Isaac Hellsinger, private eye. Are you……..Ben?”

A PI? Why had ehr visions wanted ehr to meet a PI? The witch shook ehr head to indicate that she was indeed, not Ben.

"Ben will be late," she guessed as much as told him. "I'm Clara... Weber, no relation." The Seer had not intended to give a false surname upon entering, it had just slipped out. Any any rate if he decided to google her, the name Weber was far less likely turn up anything compared to her actual name. Being associated with it and at one time the elite Fortune Teller for Hollywood schmooze had its shortcomings

"I'm from California," she added as she sank into the chair while the man made himself a little more presentable. "And honestly, I'm not entirely sure why I'm here." As she spoke, the woman's dark eyes roamed the room, not missing the paraphernalia lying around. If he wasn't magical, then he wasn't a nomag either.

"Would you think me crazy if I say I see... things, Mr. Hellsinger?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 10:15 am

“Well that’s good. I wasn’t really ready for on time clients.” He’d say shrugging as he was throwing on the tank top. At her introduction he’d simply smile and say “no relation to who?” An odd thing to say, but not really out of the ordinary. The pause led him to think she was probably giving a fake name of some sort. Likely the last based off the timing of the pause. In the business of looking into things and not being with the police, this was not an uncommon occurrence. Still, it was a touch unusual to have people come into the office from the back door.

“I tell myself that every day.” He’d say with a light chuckle and smirk at her comment of not knowing why she was there. That….was halfway true. “Does anyone know exactly where they are supposed to be? Seems a rather boring way to live if you ask me.” He’d take the pitcher of tea, ice still cracking away under the heat and pour it into an empty glass. “Granny’s special…tea”. He’d say with a wink at the pun. See, totally can navigate social discourse when he was ready for it.

He’d watch her, and take her in as she looked about the room. The many bracelets, her clothes, the look of someone who didn’t seem entirely pleased to be in the hot southern sun room. He’d see her eyes move over the many voodoo instruments that lined the windowsills and any unoccupied surface. That part wasn’t unusual, but he thought he noticed a spark of difference from a typical person. A sort of unfamiliarity look of curiosity typically was associated with it. That’s not what he felt he saw, instead someone who had their own craft, Looking at the craft of another. He couldn’t be sure, but it didn’t hurt noticing things, and while jumping to conclusions can be dangerous, it can also keep you ahead of the danger.

“I guess context is important when identifying crazy. For example, there is an alligator above your head. I see it, that doesn’t make me crazy. Now in some other settings it most certainly would. So I guess my natural first question would be, what kind of things do you see?” He’d ask leaning back in his chair. Crossing his leg so his ankle rested on his knee. Hands holding his bare leg, eyes looking directly into Claras’. Call it habit, but he was looking for tells. This wasn’t work….yet anyway. Still practice makes perfect.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyThu Jul 22, 2021 4:33 pm

As the psychic assessed him, he repaid the favor in kind. Not that Clara blamed him of course, he was well within his rights to be curious. She had been through much worse. At least he wasn't calling nine one one.

At his own admission that he too wondered why he was here, the witch found herself emitting a short laugh, a non too gentle sound that seemed as tough it may be accompanied by a snort but not quite. Not now anyway. Thirty years into being around fancy people and Clara too had grudgingly learned decorum.

“I guess context is important when identifying crazy. For example, there is an alligator above your head. I see it, that doesn’t make me crazy. Now in some other settings it most certainly would. So I guess my natural first question would be, what kind of things do you see?”

"Fair," the dark eyed woman nodded, returning her gaze to the man sitting across form her. She may have given him a false name but there was no hiding who they were. He was a PI and she wasn't inconspicuous.

"Visions of the future, of things that might or might not happen." she explained, studying his face for any kind of reaction. "Though "seeing" is not a good word, I more "sense" the future then I see it." If he thought she was nutso, he was doing a remarkably good job of hiding it.

"For example, I saw myself coming here and here I am." Granted it wasn't the best explanation, but it was the only one she had. "Normally the Sight isn't so random though, so there must be a purpose. And given your line of work.... Do you think you might be in danger?"

The witch neglected to point out that even if he was, there was little Clara could do to fix it. Nor did she understand why she was responsible for fixing it.

"Though, now that I'm here, maybe I could inquire about the kind of services you provide." Almost defensively, she added "I can pay."

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 6:54 am

He’d listen to her explanations of the future and visions etc. To some that may seem out of the ordinary and he’d give a whistle to show he was impressed. No-maj he might be, but he’d learned enough about the magical world to match and normal magical folk. Maybe even more, given he had to fight a bit harder for the knowledge. Seers weren’t too common, and good ones where even fewer and far between. At her words of danger he’d lean back and look out the window in contemplation. His mind ran through a couple different jobs and clients, and while it was potentially an outcome…..he failed to come up with any real suspects.

“Give me on sec.”. He’d say shooting out of the chair and walking out of the room. Navigating the house and allowing Clara to have unsupervised access of his office he’d make his way upstairs to grab his laptop before returning. The whole endeavor probably only took about three minutes. “Sorry about that.” He’d say booting up the laptop and loading a website. “Well, looks like we might know more tomorrow.” He’d say with a shrug while turning the laptop for Clara to see. On the screen was a website with an icon showing a delivery date of the next day, and a caption of “thank you for your purchase of one for glass”

At her question of what he did he gestured around the room at a variety of novelty objects. “Private investigating mostly. Standard cheaters and rich folks pay the majority of my bills. Though sometimes I go on some gigs with the coppers. Forensics mostly. Give Um a push in the right direction and all that ya know? Are you needing anything? Don’t want to take your money for nothing.” He’d say smiling a pleasant smile. “Are you missing anyone? Having a jealous lover problem? Need to communicate with the recently deceased to find the location of a missing will? Or just want a reading?” With each phrase he’d pull out a different object. The final leading to a no-maj card trick moving a deck from one hand to the other and then flipping several cards out.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 10:28 pm

Clara watched as he tried and failed to come up with anything dangerous even in his line of work. It either meant he wasn't in the big leagues or not especially good at what he did. In her experience, if you were good, you made some notable enemies along the way.

Or it could mean he was very good at what he did, her cautious side supplied as he listed the things he did. Internally, the witch couldn't help but be amused. Some of his work seem to coincide with hers. As he rattled off the list of cheaters, jealous lovers and whatnot, Clara could almost match him word for word on what people wanted to know from her when she used to do her readings, up to and including talking to the dead. Clara had told people multiple times she did not do the latter, but that had never stopped people from asking.

"Are you missing anyone? Having a jealous lover problem? Need to communicate with the recently deceased to find the location of a missing will? Or just want a reading?”

The Seer took a minute to think over his offers. Jealous suitors, or suitors period, were far from her personal sphere as they could be. Nor was she interested in wills and fortunes, nor communicating with the dead. Now if he had a way to communicate with the living...

"Actually, I am missing someone," she began as the idea formed in her head. "But it depends, do you think you'd be up to a trip to New York?"

Should the PI indicate for her to go on, Clara would try to frame the assignment as best she could, at the same time trying to reveal as little as possible. "There's a man, goes by Kit Harrington." The witch would supplement the information by gesturing to his open laptop. "That will tell you all about him, quite a big wig in the world of photography and art. He's been in New York for some three years now..."

The woman paused, unsure how to frame her request without sounding like the jealous lover herself. She and Kit hadn't made any promises, he was entitled to do what he wanted with his time.

But the lack of communication with his daughter and granddaughter had really started to bother Clara. It called to mind the Kit of old who had no idea how to be a parent and she was sure they were well past that bridge by now.

"I need to know what he's up to. Just in general, what's been keeping him busy. What's he working on, who is he working with? Just paint me a picture of his usual day about."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:26 am

To his delight, Clara seemed interested in what he had to say. Perhaps even intrigued. He was in sales mode half the time, and if there was one person who enjoyed Isaac Hellsinger, it was Isaac Hellsinger. As he finished, she even began to mention a job. Score.

Though when she mentioned New York, his face fell a bit. “Mmmm it’s not that I’m not interested…….and it’s possible………but we are a long way from New York ma’am. Let’s look at the calendar.” He’d tap on the computer opening up the application. He’d give a couple more taps that really were to anything, but sounded busy. He’d give a whistle, “well let’s hear it at least….maybe I can make it work, for the right gig.” His eyes reviewed the almost empty calendar, but he was in sales mode after all.

At the mention of the name he typed it in and scrolled through the top couple hits, mark any social media presence, and begin making a profile in his head subconsciously. Wouldn’t be that hard he’d reckon. His jobs with anyone famous mostly was around government officials and businessman, but despite having the money to pay for security they were typically easier to find. You always had an idea where they where, follow the crowd.

“Fairly vague, but I mean I could do that. It helps if you want something more specific. Or if you have any hunches, but we can discuss that if I decide to take the job.” He’d tap on the desk a couple times, mulling it over. He might not have much coming up, but there was always a chance, and he wasn’t made of money to just fly that far up the coast. Leaning back close to falling he’d snatch a deck of cards off the counter behind him. Giving it a shuffle he’d place two cards. Flipping them he’d see the ace of pentacles and the devil. “Mmmm quite the duality of a draw.” This was the sixth time in a row a random drawing at a random moment had shown the devil. A bit of bad luck he’d say, though he wasn’t convinced it was for him. Though denial had long standing been a close companion.

“I guess the real question, is what’s it worth to you, and how much do you want to know really?” He’d say, a smile that had the ability to look genuine, though undoubtedly hid something behind it.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Clara waited out of politeness more than anything else as the man tapped keys on his laptop, checking is calendar and figuring out her deal was he did so. The witch didn't blame him, when it came to clientele, she was probably in the "unusual" category.

“Fairly vague, but I mean I could do that. It helps if you want something more specific. Or if you have any hunches, but we can discuss that if I decide to take the job.”

the woman nodded, this part she could understand. Reaching into her purse, the Seer pulled out ehr wallet, withdrawing from within its many folds a card that looked identical to the good ol' America Express everyone knew and loved.

"Worked with one of these before?" she asked, placing it on the table between them. To his credit, he man didn not reach to grab it. Clara knew many who wouldn't have hesitated.

"It has twenty grand on it, more than enough to cover your flight and expenses in New York, and if needed I can top up another twenty when the first batch runs out." In addition to that, the card was exchangeable for magical currency at any bank at a stable exchange rate should the detective need it but if he was any good, he would know that. Clara herself had no use for magical currency and until today, she had never had any use for this card either. The Seer only kept it on principal of the American dream, money on hand for a fast getaway.

Isaac Hellsinger would also know these debit card types were both untraceable and easily blocked should funds go amiss without accountability.

“I guess the real question, is what’s it worth to you, and how much do you want to know really?”

"Everything I guess," she answered after a moment's thought. "I wan to know what he does in a day, the people  he sees, what he puts in his sandwich if you can get that info. I'm looking... to paint an overall portrait of his time in New York." The wry smile on her lips couldn't be helped. Who would have though Kit would make an artist of her one day.

"And just to be clear, your fee isn't dependent on him doing anything interesting. I just... want to know what he's up to." And why he hasn't bothered spending two days with his family in just as many years. "And don't worry, I never meant him no harm and I'm not going to start now," she added just in case he was concerns about being used as an accessory to a crime.

"You could say we're old friends who've just... lost touch."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf’s Rain (open)   Wolf’s Rain (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf’s Rain (open)
Page 1 of 1