Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Rewriting the Future (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rewriting the Future (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:20 pm

Naomi took a few deep breaths in the hallway outside Jake's classroom and office. She'd never told an adult about her Seeing before. In fact, she'd never told anyone but Finley before, and she'd told him because she had been panicking about a vision she'd had.

A vision about Jake.

Naomi knew she had to do this, no matter whether or not Jake believed her. Even the suggestion of danger could put him on his guard, and he was a professional Auror. It might be enough to save him.

With one more deep breath, Naomi knocked on the open doorframe. "Professor Newb- uh, Jake? Can I talk to you please?" she asked, sticking her head in the doorway. "It's kind of important." Well. That was a vast understatement, but she couldn't exactly blurt out 'I think you're going to be beaten up on an important mission and possibly die but I don't really know.'
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Jake was late that evening, not late for something in particular, but staying late at work. Of course, late for a teacher was much different to late for an Auror, but teaching was much more hard work for Jake than his Auror duties. Most of the time his Auror duties revolved around errands for his bosses - as befitted a newly qualified Auror - or small low key work outside the office that wasn't going to get him in to too much of a sweat.

All of this was good though, a quiet Auror office meant things were safer.

Jake had been marking a few essays some of the older students had turned in on the Unforgivables that they'd been studying recently, and to Jake's relief, his usual high marks were continuing this year. Though, of course, this was all down to the kids being amazing rather than him.

He was halfway through a very well written essay when there came a knock at the door, looking up from his work, Jake smiled as he noted the witch in the door. "Naomi, hi!" Jake greeted the witch easily, she was a great student, and Jake had no problem making time for the witch. "Talk?" Jake asked, nodding his head and motioning her in as he took out his wand and flicked it towards the cupboard. A table made its way carefully across the room and to the other side of the desk.

"A small luxury, you get a chair in my classroom!" Jake joked, motioning for the witch to take a seat. Reaching in to his drawer, Jake pulled out a chocolate frog, placing it on Naomi's side of the desk. "I don't get many opportunities to give these away, but I was told having a stash of candy makes these situations better..." Jake explained, clearly not sure if this was true as he shrugged to the witch.

"So... what can I do you for? You seem to be doing fine in Defence..."

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Rewriting the Future (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Naomi had to crack a smile at Jake's joke. It was true, they rarely got to sit down in Jake's class, as they were usually practicing spells or doing hands on lessons. She took the seat gingerly, her smile returning when Jake slid her a chocolate frog. "Thank you," she said, picking it up, although she just kind of fiddled with the package instead of opening it.

"Oh, no, it's not about Defence or Flying. It's not about class. Ummm..." Naomi trailed off, staring at the corner of Jake's desk and trying to think about how to phrase what she wanted to say. There didn't really seem to be a good way to put it, so she just decided to start talking and see how that played out.

"So, uh, you probably don't know this, because no one really knows this, well except for Finley, but that's beside the point-" She stopped herself before she got too off-track, taking a deep breath and looking Jake in the eye. "I'm a Seer and last week, I had a dream, a vision. About you. You were on some sort of mission, protecting something- someone - but something went wrong. You were attacked, there were a lot of them and you- you went down." Naomi took a moment to control her emotions, still fiddling with the chocolate frog. "I didn't- I couldn't see what happened to you after that, but I don't think it was good. I know it sounds insane and I know you have no reason to believe me, but that's the first vision I've ever had clear enough to see someone's face, so it has to be important, right? I just- you have to believe me, professor."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:39 pm

When Naomi said it wasn't about lessons, Jake was a little relieved, but he was also more worried. Lesson troubles he knew how to respond to, he could offer extra lessons to help Naomi and then that would raise her to a higher standard. But if this wasn't lesson orientated...

Jake did, for a moment, worry that she'd come to him about something he most certainly wasn't qualified or comfortable with dealing with, but he shook himself. Surely a girl wouldn't come to him about that, would they?

But his train of thought stopped when Naomi started talking, and he listened with genuine interest. There was no show of him not believing her, he didn't react to the information, because he couldn't worry the witch in respect of what she'd told him. Jake needed her to know this was a place where she was safe to tell him anything she needed to.

But internally, he was worrying. A lot.

There was a small moment of hesitation from Jake, as he carefully tried to select the right words for the information he'd been given. "I have never dealt with a Seers visions before." Jake told Naomi, slowly and as honestly as he could. "And, I'm not sure how much people would usually listen to such things, however, I'm not going to take this information lightly. Thank you, for telling me."

There was a pause, because Jake was still collecting himself. "But, you do realise the job I do is very dangerous, and I am very likely to get hurt when I go out on any kind of mission." Jake told the witch, his tone keeping at a level he might discuss this with adults because he wasn't about to patronise Naomi. "Do... Do you have any specifics?" Jake asked, because he was concerned for not only his own safety but the squad he was working in too. "Anything you can remember might be very important, faces, scenes..." He tried to prompt, though he didn't know how this whole Seeing worked.]

Probably should have listened more in class.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 4:33 am

Jake didn't have much of a visible reaction, which Naomi couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. At the very least, he didn't seem to be rejecting her out of hand.

Naomi listened carefully to what Jake told her. She wasn't surprised he didn't have much experience with Seers. They weren't a very common occurrence, even in the Wizarding world. She nodded when he thanked her. "You're welcome. Thank you for believing me."

When Jake brought up the (very valid) point abut how dangerous his job was, Naomi nodded again, and staring at the floor. "I know," she said quietly. "And I know that what I have isn't much help." She shook her head when he asked for details. "I'm sorry, I don't have much. My... power, it's still developing. I'd never even seen someone's face before now. All I know is that you were protecting someone. That- I think it was your mission. I couldn't see where you were or who attacked you. I- I'm sorry I can't really be of much help, but just..." She paused, unsure it was an appropriate thing to say to one of her professors, but she threw caution to the wind because this was Jake and she was scared. Naomi looked him in the eye. "Please be careful?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Being new to the Auror world, Jake wasn't overly sure how his colleagues would take the advice of a Seer. Should he take this information to his boss at the Ministry? If he did... would the older man simply laugh at him for believing a twelve year old girl?

But Jake did believe the witch.

The fear in her face as she explained it was something Jake was quite sure Naomi wouldn't or even couldn't pretend to be feeling in that moment. But, he couldn't be sure. All he could do was work with the information he had.

Which, as the Ravenclaw confirmed a moment later, wasn't much. "As far as I'm aware..." Jake started, wondering if he should be telling the young witch this, but he saw no harm in the information. "There isn't such a mission assigned to me any time soon." Jake told Naomi, hoping that it would help to settle the witch, if only for the moment.

Naomi's last words though made Jake's chest tighten with some kind of feeling he wasn't sure he could place. "I promise I will go careful. I can't promise that the situation will be avoided, but I promise I will go careful." He told her, forcing a smile on to his lips despite the internal battle to keep calm in that moment.

"And who knows, maybe one day you'll have a vision where I get really old, and have really grey hair." Jake added, hoping to make the witch relax. "With a walking stick or something." Okay, now he was babbling, Jake made himself fall quiet, thinking for a moment.

"Would you like me to talk to anyone about your... gift?" Jake asked, because he didn't know if Naomi wanted some expert support on this, or whether... well, he didn't know if she was coping, but he didn't want her to deal on her own.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Naomi breathed a small sigh of relief at the news that Jake didn't know of any mission that fit the vague description she'd given him. Very, very small, however, because that didn't mean that the mission wasn't still going to happen, and the longer it went between her vision and its reality, the less urgent her warning would seem.

When Jake assured her that he would be careful, Naomi relaxed a little bit more. "Thank you. It's all I can really ask." She smiled as he went on about himself getting old and grey. "Maybe. It'd be nice to have a calm one for once."

At the mention of telling someone else, Naomi's eyes went wide. "No, no, that's ok," she hurried to reassure him. "I can handle it on my own. If something else import an comes up, I'll come tell you, but... I don't want to tell anyone else," she admitted quietly. It had been hard enough just telling Finley and Jake. Telling anyone else seemed impossible after hiding it for so many years.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Noting the witch relax a little, Jake let out a small breath that he had been holding. He didn't want Naomi to worry about him, because... well, that wasn't her job, but he could only begin to imagine how horrible it must have been for the young witch to see such things.

The manner in which he'd tried to perk the witch up didn't seem to have been that great a move, but the small smile made it worth it. "It'll get better." Jake tried to assure the witch, but his words fell flat because he really wasn't sure that things would get better. But he would hope they did, for her sake.

When Naomi assured him that she didn't want to talk to anyone else, Jake nodded. "This can be between just the two of us." Jake assured her, though he hoped it went without saying that if she Saw something that could save... a lot of people, then they would have to go to someone with higher authority than Jake. "And, Mr Allen." He added, remembering that she'd mentioned Finley earlier. Reaching in to his drawer, Jake took out another chocolate frog and put it on the table.

"Perhaps you two can have one each this evening, or something." Jake explained the second frog, a little uncertain, but he was quite sure Naomi and Finley were good friends. "If there's nothing else..?" Jake prompted, not wanting to get rid of the witch, but equally not wanting to hold her up either.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:43 pm

"I hope it does," Naomi said quietly in response to Jake's attempt at reassurance. She didn't want to make him feel bad, and she knew he was just trying to help, but he'd already admitted to having no real experience with Seers, so it fell a little flat. She couldn't fault him for trying, but she didn't want to latch onto empty hope either. Maybe it would get better. Maybe it wouldn't. Ironically enough, she didn't know.

Naomi breathed a small sigh of relief when Jake assured her that it could remain between the two of them. "Thank you," she told him sincerely. She already had enough trouble with Seeing as it was; she didn't need people asking questions on top of that, trying to understand something that she could barely grasp herself.

A little bemused at the seemingly endless supply of chocolate frogs, Naomi reached out and took the extra chocolate anyway. It was probably Jake's way of comforting people, if she had to guess. "Thank you Jake." At the not impolite (but not so subtle) hint, Naomi hopped off her chair. "No, that's it. Thank you for listening, Jake." She made her way out of his office, feeling a little bit lighter and munching on one of the chocolate frog, half melted from her hands.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Jake had smiled throughout the encounter, hoping that he had, in some small way, helped Naomi with the problem. Honestly, though, Jake knew he hadn't been much help. There was so much more he could have done, but he didn't know how to even begin to help with this situation.

His internal monologue wasn't much of a help either, as he tried to contain the panic he felt for the sake of the younger Ravenclaw. But, thankfully, she didn't have anything else to add to the conversation - had it been any other day, he probably would have been happy to talk with one of his best students, but that wasn't today.

"See you in class, Naomi." Jake replied to her as she left, waiting for the door to close before his head fell in to his hands and a large sigh left him. She had to be wrong... right? She was twelve for Merlin's sake, how could he trust what she'd said?

But he did, and he was panicking.

Running his fingers through his hair, Jake sat back up, tidying up his paperwork and pulling on his coat. He needed to get away, to a bar, or something, and just collect himself.

It wasn't long before he got to the bar either. But one drink turned in to more than too many, trying to numb the anxiety that had built from the discussion with the Ravenclaw witch, and silence his head so that he could sleep.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rewriting the Future (Jake)   Rewriting the Future (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rewriting the Future (Jake)
Page 1 of 1