Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Lunch time on campus had come around quite quickly. Jake was starving, and in her usual manner, Marilyn had stayed to talk with Louis and mentioned something about getting lunch with him instead. Jake had simply told her he couldn't wait for them to finish talking and had hurried off towards the coffee shop. They did quite good snack food there, and he figured they did salad too, which would tide him over.

Jake wasn't far wrong in that assumption either, so after picking out a healthy lunch and a pot of tea, Jake had moved to the pay point and then towards a table in the busy restaurant. He'd been sat quietly, simply watching people passing by, and sat with their friends. Honestly he wasn't overly fussed with being with too many people recently, Marilyn had become something of a focus point. Which wasn't healthy.

Shaking his head, Jake continued to push his salad around his plate a little more, taking a few mouthfuls every now and then to tide his hunger. Pouring himself some tea, Jake sipped at the cup lightly, still scanning the area for Marilyn, although it was silly, he knew the witch wouldn't be out for ages. With a soft sigh, Jake pulled out his textbook on the do's and don'ts in the Auror field and began to scan through it.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 7:39 pm

The Auror training class was draining and her dorm depressing, basically, Zoya was famished and desperate to get out. She had half a mind to change her accommodation but she liked the fact that it was the cheapest thing around, meant she spent even less of her family's money and that fact always cheered her up. "Snitch! Oh bloody dog, behave!" She snapped, pulling back the overexcited dog from the scared passerby. She flashed an apologizing smile but didn't voice it, not having the time as she was half-dragged by her excited golden retriever.

Thankfully the canine had enough appetite to zero in on the smell of food and she didn't have to steer him much, his destination the same as hers - the Coffee Shop. Zoya couldn't cook for her life and she basically lived on the cafeteria food. It was a busy day and she had to tug and apologize many times trying to keep her pet under control. "Snitch, please stop it or I will tie you outside!" The treat managed to quiet the hyperactiveness for a while as Snitch tried his best puppy dog look on her. Ignoring him entirely, she focused instead on ordering her usual huge pile of food and a giant mug of coffee. A small yip and she rolled her eyes and added gravy to her order. "Happy?' She asked, bending down to the bane of her existence and scratching his ears. She loved him, even if she didn't remember him much.

It took a while for her order to get ready and she spent it scanning the little, homely cafeteria noting the rush. Lunch time is the worst time to be in here. Snapping out of her thoughts at the call of her order, she picked up the tray piled with an assortment of food, mostly unhealthy and struggled for a while to balance it and maintain a firm grip on Snitch. He proved to her undoing as always, excited by the smell of the gravy, he began to jump up and try and reach for the tray disturbing Zoya's already precarious balance and causing the tray of food to slip out of her grip and land on some poor fellows table while she fell down most ungracefully. "WHAT THE HELL?!"! She exploded, glaring at the culprit ho resorted back to his usual defense: the puppy dog eyes. "Won't help you, she muttered, pushing herself off the floor.

"I am so so so so so sorry!" She exclaimed to the other victim, wincing as she noticed the small audience she had gathered. This was so embarrassing. "Are you hurt or anything?" She asked the guy, he looked familiar but she couldn't place him. "I am really sorry."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Minding your own business was usually something that got you away from attention, apparently today was not going to be the case in that manner. It was an unfortunate circumstance that Jake had been sat directly in the line of the projectile that was a tray of someone else in the coffee shop. Which ruined not only his food, and knocked over his drink (thankfully away from him) but also covered him in some rather disgusting looking food, and a lot of gravy.

Barely believing what had happened, Jake looked down at his clothes, and ruined book with a soft sigh before noting a young woman falling on the floor. Instantly the American was on his feet, helping her up and not worrying about himself.

"Are you hurt or anything?"

"No, I'm fine, no harm done. Are you okay?" Jake asked, worry quite evident on his features because it was quite the tumble. However, his attention was taken when he felt the constant nudging of someone, or perhaps something at his legs. Looking down, Jake saw a golden retriever and chuckled at his antics. "Hello, boy." Jake greeted, patting the dogs head, but not shoeing him away. With Jagger around the house, Jake had become used to dogs quite quickly and he didn't mind too much.

"Can I get you some new food?" Jake asked, offering the witch the seat on the other side to where he'd been sat. Taking out his wand, Jake cleaned up the whole mess, and then himself, much to the disappointment of the dog.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:06 pm

"Used to worse." Zoya answered easily, distracted slightly by the handsomeness of her 'victim'. His chuckle blinked her out of it and she groaned at Snitch's antics. "Man, get away from him." She admonished him half-heartedly. "He doesn't deserve pats." She remarked sulkily, shooting glares down at the unfortunate canine. "No more gravy for you Snitch. How do you like the sound of that?" Triumphant at her idea for punishment, which she knew she could never bring herself to act upon, but it was a great threat anyway. Like any mention of punishment, it caused her over-dramatic pet to launch off into sulk mode, sinking down with his nose on his paws he looked at her with an accused and hurtful gaze. "Would you look at him?! He behaves like I am the villain and he is like a Disney Princess." She said to the guy, gesturing to Snitch. "Not working, bro." She said with a note of finality, shifting her attention from the dog to human life.

Her preoccupation with 'disciplining' Snitch made the now clean surfaces a surprise for her and she blinked in confusion for a second before remembering that magic made that possible. She still had to get used to using magic to deal with situations, the muggle reactions came far more easily. It took her a few moments more to realize she had been addressed with a question and cursing her inattentiveness, she answered, "Oh no! Definitely not. I cannot inconvenience you further. In fact, I should be the one buying stuff for you. It's not like your food survived much." She answered, pointing to the now bare table. "Your accent? It sounds different. Not from around here?" She couldn't stop her curiosity, but noticed the impoliteness in not introducing herself before. Holding out ehr hand, she rectified her mistake. "I am sorry, I am Zoya. You?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Jake simply smiled as the witch admonished the dog. Honestly Jake couldn't hold it against the poor thing, though it was probably more the dog's fault than the witch's truth be told. The comment on the dog being quite the Disney Princess made Jake laugh softly at that. "He does indeed seem to be quite the drama queen." Jake agreed in regards to the dog, who was trying ever so hard to look like he'd been done hard done by.

When the witch said no, Jake simply shook his head, motioning to the lady behind the counter to make up the order again so that he could see that the witch had her food. "Honestly, it's no problem, and I was done with my food anyway, no harm done." Jake insisted, despite it not being wholly accurate.

"Your accent? It sounds different. Not from around here?"

In a very odd manner, it was so very, very nice not to be recognised in public. With a smile, Jake shook his head. "No, I'm not. I'm American, from Minnesota originally. Moved here in April." He explained as the witch introduced herself. "Jake, Jake Newbury. It's nice to meet you." Jake told the witch as the reordered food came to the table. Jake gave the server a couple of galleons more than necessary for the trouble before sitting back down.

"We're in the same Auror class, I believe?" Jake added, recognising the witch from the lecture earlier that day. "Your first year?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:31 pm

"All the same, you must share some with me. I feel really bad." Zoya insisted, the courteousness putting her on an edge slightly. This was probably not the way she would have reacted and such a stark difference made her curious and she noticed the guys actions more carefully, confused by the seemingly genuine niceness. She didn't like being around people whose motivations she couldn't figure out, it made her uncomfortable but she stuck around and not just for the food. She was intrigued by the guy.

"American? Isn't that a bit of a distance?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow slightly. She hadn't yet reached the Geography phase in her re-education of the world so she didn't know much but she was quite sure America was on a different continent entirely. "Nice to meet you too." She replied automatically, noting that he tipped the waitress slightly more. This guy was weird. "Thank you." She said genuinely, meaning it. Weird or not, the guy was nice that was sure. Rolling her eyes at the insistent prodding just above her ankles, she took the gravy and placed it in front of Snitch, "Now do me a favor and act dead for a while, please?"

"I guess." She answered with a shrug, sliding the Chocolate cake slice she had ordered to Jake's side of the table. "Oh yea, I am in the first year course.What about you? But before that, some chocolate cake? Who doesn't like chocolate cake?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:50 pm

The notion of having to share some of the food made Jake nod slightly. If it would make the witch feel better for him to eat something, he was quite sure he could do that for her. Even if her food didn't look overly appetising to him. Jake, of course, didn't say that though, because it would be rude.

The notion of it being quite a distance made Jake nod once. "It is. But I've found the job prospects are much better this side of the water." Jake told her, because that was one of the major contributing factors of his move. The others were a little more personal and he didn't wish to bore the witch.

"Oh yea, I am in the first year course.What about you? But before that, some chocolate cake? Who doesn't like chocolate cake?"

"Well, I for one am not overly fond of chocolate cake, but thank you." Jake replied with a small smile across the table. "I'm on my second year of training now, so only one more after this and then I'll be trusted on full time operations." Jake explained, his smile growing. Honestly, he couldn't wait to finally be out in the field with some kind of authority, but that was slowly building.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:53 pm

"What's wrong with the job prospects there?" Zoya couldn't help but ask, hoping that the answer wasn't something obvious or a topic of common knowledge. "How different is it?" Until this point she hadn't looked at places other than London so this conversation was doubly fascinating. "Do you miss it?"

She cocked an eyebrow at his reaction to the cake, wondering what was wrong. She had ordered most of the items based on there popularity and this dish had been near the top. "What's the matter with it? Is t too sweet or wait......" She trailed off as she tried to make sense of his general reactions to the food she had piled up. It was what went into the category of unhealthy food and that was pretty much all the connection she could find among them. "Oh. Are you health conscious or something? Totally against decent tasting food?" She teased, digging into the cake slice.

"Hmmm.....you just cannot wait to exercise authority, huh? Because that's all that matters." She couldn't help but tease, snickering as she licked the spoon clean. "For me there' still a year more, but even then I doubt they will let me go straight out."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:12 pm

The questions about America in somewhat quick succession made Jake chuckle softly, notching them up ready to reply. "There's nothing wrong with the one's there. There are just better ones here. There's a lot of corruption in the American force, and I'm not one to... well, I don't like that kind of thing." Jake explained, not really sure whether the topic of undoubted racism and police brutality was a good subject. But he wanted to get away from that. "America is just... everything is bigger." Jake tried to explain. "Food, houses, cars, everything is just bigger over there. And no, I don't miss it, England is... a lot more civilised. I miss my parents though, and some of my friends from time to time, but on the whole, I don't miss it."

The notion of what was wrong with the food made Jake shake his head. "There's nothing wrong with it, honestly." Until she was teasing him and Jake chuckled softly, before nodding in agreement. "I guess you could say that. I'm an ex-pro athlete, so... I watch what I eat to stay in shape." Jake explained, because he most certainly didn't want to lose the toned body he'd worked so very hard to achieve over the years of work. "Eating this means I'm going to have to hit the gym quite hard this evening." He added, his tone joking, but the notion completely serious.

"I can establish from all of this though, that you're not on a diet, and yet, if you don't mind me saying, you are quite skinny. It always amazes me how people like yourself do that." Jake continued, hoping she didn't think him rude, because that most certainly wasn't the angle he was going for. It was, he guessed, a compliment.

The continued teasing had Jake shaking his head, again laughing softly. "Oh no, it's not the authority. I just want to make people safer, that's all. The ranks don't bother me, I just wish to make sure that everyone, like my little sister, can be safe and happy." He explained, and it was the truth. "If you push hard though, and show your worth, our professor is allowing us to go out on missions now for the Ministry, more low key missions, to get us used to it. Not wanting us to go out fresh after graduating with no experience. But, obviously, you have to prove your worth to him first."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Zoya listened to the description and tried to come up with a virtual image to go with it. "Sounds nice. Have muggles there also made stuff out of elektercity?" She asked, wondering whether the muggles there were as advanced as the ones she had seen when she had wandered into the mugge areas. She had been fascinated by the technology they had innovated but whatever she had bought, after a very embarrassing time with the muggle money, it didn't work around here. She was still trying to research that particular effect. She doubted the muggles would be much help though.

"No way! What did you play?" She asked, looking up from her food to give her full attention to Jake, giving him a very unsubtle once-over. "Mate come on. With a body like that, you should treat yourself sometimes at least. Do you even remember what this tastes like?" Her incredulous questioning was broken by Snitch's excited barking, signifying that he was done with the gravy. "See? Even Snitch agrees."

"You wanna know my secret?" She went into drama queen mode, gesturing Jake to come closer and leaning across the table. Looking around the room in a very obvious check out, she whispered in an excessively low voice, "Get something like him." She finished with a very reassuring nod, pointing to her pet who was playing with the empty dish. "You will never gain an ounce, Morte guarantee."

Zoya doubted it would work, but there was no harm in trying She shrugged and replied, "I dunno, let's see what happens. I am not sure whether it would work but no harm in trying I guess?" She had a vague feeling that she would need more than just permission from the Professor to get back to her field acceptable state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next