Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:47 pm

The question about... electricity threw Jake off for a moment. "Well, of course they do..." He told the witch, the confusion showing on his features. "All Muggles use it, and they're making it more compatible with magic as we go. My parents house is full of Muggle stuff, as is mine." He replied, completely unsure as to how that had become a question, but then, it was a good way of keeping on your toes.

In regards to what he played, Jake assumed this witch wasn't overly keen on the wider world, seeing as he was quite well established in his field when he played. "I used to play Quidditch for the Moose Jaw Meteorites and the US." Jake replied with a warm smile. "Played for three years, won the league for three years straight, missed the World Cup though, that was this summer." He added with a small shrug. "America did well, second I think." Jake continued, not knowing if she followed at all. Jake was oblivious to the witch checking him out, honestly he was quite bad at noticing recently.

"Believe me, to have a body like this, even looking at such food makes you lose muscle definition!" Jake joked. "And I most certainly like the food, I just know what's better for the diet." The barking from Snitch made Jake chuckle, nodding slightly at her words showing he agreed.

When she motioned for him to lean in for the secret, Jake followed suit, it was a bit of fun, after all. The 'secret' however, made Jake chuckle softly. "I'll look in to it, though... I don't really have time for a dog." He explained. Sure, Marilyn had Jagger, but Jagger was a lot different to other dogs so he didn't know whether that counted. "The gym works quite well for me though." Jake replied to the notion of a dog, because really it did, he enjoyed going to the gym.

"No harm in trying." Jake agreed with a nod. "Will you be staying the route of Auror, or branching off to another department of Magical Law Enforcement?" Jake asked, because he knew some people did branch off once they were graduated.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:03 pm

"Their old stuff is amazing too. So fascinating! All these little knobs and those spiky things they call cogs . So hard to source, but really rewarding." Zoya loved fixing up these old machines she kept buying at old muggle junkyards and her appreciation reflected in her tone. "Houses are okay I guess, but I live here. In the dorms." She replied pointing towards the general direction of her housing, pausing in her rapid progress through the pile of food.

"My bad, I thought with the whole American football fiasco you guys had come up with some weird ass variation of Quidditch too." She couldn't help the snickering that accompanied the words even though it was completely in earnest and meant as no insult. Even with her recent re-education she was aware of the importance and basic rules of Quidditch in the wizarding world and alternatively football in the muggle one. "Wait, you played nationals?" She broke in suddenly, whistling as she pured out her coffee. 'Wow. Then you mmust have been one of the greats. So tell me, oh-great-Quidditch-fitness-freak-player, does coffee also come on your list of 'banned' substances?" She asked cheerfully, "Come on, you won't make a pretty girl such as me drink alone now, would you?"

"I find gymming so mechanical. It seems like such a bleak prospect to go in a rom and excersice yourself artificially. It all seems so much less of a drag if there is open air to accompany it. Really feels like you are doing something." Other than the walks she was forced to take Snitch on, Zoya spent her time rollerblading around campus or even just cycling. It had been a comical few weeks for the residents to see her attempts at learning either of the skills. She had tried running too, but had given up when she found out that she was hopeless at pacing herself.

"I haven't planned that much yet, but I am guessing Auror is what I will stick to." The statement was in complete accordance of her usual sow of unconcern, further reaffirmed by her pushing her chair off its front two legs to balance on the rear ones. "Seems kinda pointless to suffer through this 2 year combat course if I cannot beat up someone when I get out. At the very least." She joked, looking around the cafeteria mock speculatively as if choosing her victims.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Jake listened to the talk of cogs and again furrowed his brow, wondering why she was quite so interested in Muggles. "Are you from a Muggle background?" Jake asked, trying to work out if that was it, though it didn't really seem logical in all honesty. "Well, I say house, I have an apartment in London. Not quite a house, but very spacious." Jake amended, though it was pretty close in honesty.

The notion of some weird experimentation with Quidditch made Jake laugh and shake his head. "Thankfully we didn't mess with that, Quidditch is much too amazing for Americans to mess up, thankfully!" Jake joked with the witch, quite glad that she enjoyed (or at least knew) something about sports. "And yeah, I got to international level, so I guess I was quite good." Jake replied, quite modest in his achievements. To him it had been easy, he just played like he always did and doors opened for him. "Coffee isn't a banned concoction, no, but I don't like the stuff. I drink tea, or water. Unless I'm on a night out." He explained with a playful wink. "But, you're right, I can't leave you to drink alone, give me a moment." Jake replied, quickly getting up and getting himself a fresh cup of tea before coming back to the table.

Gym was perhaps something they weren't going to agree on, Jake found a moment later as he stirred a small amount of milk in to his tea. "Well, I guess there is that. I run outdoors too but the gym has more equipment. Team sports I don't have time for, but the gym is good enough." He explained with a small shrug. "Perhaps when I finish university I'll look in to joining a local team, or something." He added, because he did miss playing, but he would rather be an Auror than a Quidditch star.

"The combat will be taught in moderation. Like, when to use force, and stuff, so I don't think Professor Clement will want you attacking innocents!" Jake replied, shaking his head in amusement as she looked around for a 'target'.

"So anyway, I've talked a lot about myself, and believe me I'm not normally so self centred. Tell me about you." Jake insisted in a friendly manner, sipping his tea. She did seem a little quirky, but Jake didn't really know enough to really confirm that.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:13 pm

"Muggle? No, no. I am not muggle born. Didn't spend a lot of my childhood in proximity to them either." I guess. Zoya had to add hat mentally, because she couldn't be hundred percent sure. Judging by her family though, it wasn't that hard to guess that muggle interactions would have been low. "Oh no. Its a recent hobby. I find it feels great to really build something up from scratch." Taking a bite and looking up sheepishly, she added softly "I have been following the strict anti magic guidelines too, after the warning from the Ministry." Muggle 'realm' was an escape for her, where reminders of how much she still had to earn were few and awkward run ins even fewer. Thankfully, this one hadn't managed to turn so and she thanked her former self for not crossing paths with Jake before. "You should see my place. I bet I can get you to upgrade your apartment to calling it a mansion!"

"That's better than good mate, chill a little now." She insisted, rolling her eyes at the modesty which was an emotion beyond her spectrum. "How do you survive and how can you ever justify that your life is worth living?" Her questions were enhanced by her action of scooping up the last of the cake slice and swallowing it with an dramatically blissful expression. "There is only a few things this place makes right and you missed out on some knockout scores. On the bright side, at least you aren't averse to drinking. That at the very least, we can do together."

"I guess that makes sense." She mused, sipping her coffee. "If you find any in need of a beater, look me up. I bet I am horribly out of shape and I am pretty sure I will suck, but I did play for the school team so I cannot be all that bad either." She suggested excitedly, letting the chair drop and wondering briefly whether muscle memory counted.

"Hey, I am just working with what I got." She countered defensively, smirking all the while. "Okay okay Captain Ethics. I shall use this immense power only for the good and never let its use be above that required or against the good. May it forever be a tool to destroy evvvvvill!" Dragging the last word out and injecting a healthy dose of sarcasm, she finished the picture with some excessive hand movements to accompany the words. "About me? Um......what about me?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Jake hadn't meant offence by asking her if she was Muggleborn, to him, it didn't matter what your background was so long as you were a good person, but it didn't look like she'd gotten upset. The information about Muggle things made Jake nod slightly. "I mess around with that too, well, I did mess around. I got a motorbike for my seventeenth birthday, I didn't want a car, and I used to spend hours on the thing. Now, it's a mixture of magical and Muggle capabilities. Very fast. I haven't been out on it in a while actually. The last time it was used..." Jake paused, smiling at the notion of his birthday present. "The last time it was used, my girlfriend was using it for a photo shoot." Jake finished.

"You should see my place. I bet I can get you to upgrade your apartment to calling it a mansion!"

Jake couldn't help the soft chuckle in regards to that. "Are you staying on Campus? I heard some of the rooms aren't... that great." He commented, though he didn't take her up on the offer of seeing it.

"You get used to the diet, and honestly it's not that bad. You can have treats from time to time, but you have to be careful to get the right balance. I've always been quite strict on it, so you get used to it very quickly." Jake explained, because he'd found it really easy, several of his teammates had complained, but he didn't really understand why when it was part of their job. "We could do that, yes." Jake agreed to getting a drink with the witch. It couldn't hurt, after all.

"You played Beater?" Jake asked, taking the witch in and looking quite impressed. The Beater role was normally for bigger people than the witch before him, but it was impressive no less. "Which school did you attend? Hogwarts? Which house were you in?" Jake asked, not bothering to apologise for the rush of questions. "But I'll let you know, if I find anything." He assured her with a genuine smile.

The comment of being Captain Ethics made Jake smile shyly. Honestly he didn't want to bore her with his life, because to him, he still felt like a normal guy who'd not really achieved very much in the world. The fact it wasn't true was besides the point. But her theatrics made him smile a little more, this witch was fun, he would give her that. "Oh, tell me anything. Where are you from? Anything really. We'll be working together in the future, so we might as well know more about one another, don't you think? What makes Zoya, well, Zoya?" He asked, not really sure how else to put the question.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

The part of the sentence that struck Zoya the most was 'part magical bike', quite unsurprisingly of course; no one had ever accused her of being a good listener. "Other than the going very fast bit, what else does your bike do?" She asked, propping her head up on an elbow and sipping her coffee. "Magical stuff, I mean. Invisibility? Wait, generic. Oh! Does it shrink? Sounds like a useful ability, considering the time muggles spent cribbing on traffic and parking space." She mused, remembering the one time she had tried to build a radio from mix and match parts and had gotten stuck at one station with a lot of static disturbance. Fascinating muggle problems, really.

Suddenly, another word filtered through her phase out, causing her to straighten up and blink in confusion. "Girlfriend? You have a girlfriend?" She was feeling another round of what she called the 'phantom feels'. They were basically feelings she felt she should be feeling as a reaction to the event. Feelings that the former her probably would feel. She hadn't yet figured out whether that actually was there or.....well, not. Realizing how weird she must be looking right now, first musing, suddenly saying a line and then going back to spaced out. Creepy Zoya, creepy. "Uh.....I mean, figures. Cool. Is she hot?" Now she was just spouting the first words that came up in her mind but thankfully, the question didn't sound like a whiny girlfriend going suspicious but rather like a friend congratulating another on a score. Sleazy, but works.

"That's one way to put it." Zoya answered, making a face, "The proximity helps though. I get to sleep more, so hah! But wait, I bet you are the morning kind. Wake up in he morning, hit the gym, go make healthy, sad food." She dismissed, only meaning it in a teasing way and in no way insulting. "Really man, I cannot imagine mornings without doughnuts. Or waffles. Or pancakes. Or chocolate shake."

"Don't go on the skinny looks mister! I pack quite a punch." She admonished, wagging her finger at the wizard and flexing her muscles. Sometimes, she really let the drama go. "Yeah, Hogwarts. Its the wee school us barmy Brits go to, milad." She couldn't hold onto the overplayed accent long and collapsed into a fit of giggles, forced to take a pause before she answered the next question. "Gryffindor, and proud."

"No fair bro. I began with easy questions and you just pop a philosophical one back at me?" Zoya had to calculate a bit before she continued, wondering how much exactly she wanted Jake to know about her. The answer to that, as always, was as little as possible. So she stuck to the easiest answer. "Not figured out much really. Getting obliviated a few months back really does put a question on your whole identity thing."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:13 pm

"What else does it do? Nothing really, it just breaks the two hundred mile an hour mark quite quickly." Jake told her with a grin. "It makes travelling across the country quite fun. I didn't go for the invisibility or anything. There's way too much mechanics in there to be messing around with too much." He explained, not mentioning that he wasn't too good at the whole fiddling with machinery. "It's probably a little too boring for your standards." Jake added as a joke.

"Girlfriend? You have a girlfriend?"

Jake was a little thrown of by that comment. Did he not look like the kind of guy that could get a girlfriend? He tried not to think on that too much. "I do, yes." Jake replied with a small smile. But the question of whether Marilyn was hot made Jake smile warmly, nodding quite enthusiastically as he reached for his wallet. Inside was a small picture of the two of them that they'd taken a short while ago. He hadn't yet told Marilyn he'd put it there, but he liked it. "This is Marilyn." He told the witch, passing the picture over. "She's in Auror training with us." He explained, waiting for the witch to finish and pass the picture back so he could put it away safely.

Jake listened to the notion of being closer, and he shrugged, before laughing as she got him spot on. "Yeah, I'm a morning person. Got me right there. A run before work most mornings, yup." He agreed. "And a good breakfast after that to keep me going for the day." He agreed. "I have the good stuff occasionally though, well, what you call the good stuff, anyway, so it's not all sad food." Jake insisted.

"Oh no, I learnt the hard way that looks are deceiving. Marilyn, for example, can bench press me, but that's a completely different story and not mine to tell." Jake explained, shaking his head once more at the fact his girlfriend was capable of such feats. "But I know Hogwarts, I teach there actually. Defence Against the Dark Arts." He explained, smiling to himself because teaching made him feel good about himself.

Jake simply chuckled when she accused him of giving her a hard question to start with. It wasn't hard, it simply encompassed everything about her that she wished to divulge. Her answer made him sober up quite quickly though, smile fading as his eyes surveyed her for the joke (even if it wasn't a very nice thing to joke about). Nothing showed she was joking though, and Jake didn't know what to say to that. "I... I'm so very sorry to hear that." Jake managed after a moment. That... that surely had to be one of the worst things to ever experience, and Jake didn't know what to say after that.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 pm

"Well, honestly I wouldn't now much. At the moment gutted tellys are all I seem to be able to acquire." Zoya confessed, "And radios, and car batteries." She added, counting off the items on her finger. She glanced down at the picture, surprising herself by immediately recognizing the girl in the picture. "Yeah, yeah! I know her. I mean, I have seen her around. She always looks like she is straight out of some advert." That was what her first association was with the witch. "Quite a catch, eh?" She teased, smirking at Jake as she handed the picture back.

"Sure sure." She mock agreed, rolling her eyes as she continued, "Not that bad? What did you have for breakfast today? Better yet, when was your last 'good stuff' and what was it?" She did have to give it to him, restraints like these were beyond her capability. She was very weak willed when it came to the topic of food. "I bet, it was a different brand of cereal or something." Zoya added, sticking out her tongue childishly, accompanied by the sound of Snitch's excited barking. It seemed that he had spotted another dog passing by and was busy trying to gain its attention.

"You can bear teaching? Nice. The thought doesn't sound very appealing honestly, I am sure I will end up as one those sour, irritable teachers who keep docking off points randomly if I even do get into this field." She didn't have enough patience to stick through with the kids and that was one of the most important traits of a teacher. so she knew she would be plain bad at it. "How are the students?"

"Oh don't be." Zoya answered, waving a hand dismissively. 'Not much help, is it? Feel'n sorry." She said it like a matter of fact statement, because that was how she took it. "It's not that bad really, just that my whole being was sort of....well, for lack a better term, wiped out and now I gt to choose a new personality. Well, almost."Her voice still remained easy, like it was no big deal which after so many explanations, it had ceased to be. "The sad part is that I had to re-learn everything, from writing to tying knots." On cue, Snitch gave one strong tug and Zoya's knot for the leash unraveled leaving Snitch free. Giving a joyful bark, he wasted no time and shot off into the direction of where that dog had gone.

"Which apparently, I have yet to master." Zoya groaned, jumping up from her seat and rushing through her pockets to get some money. Whatever she got she kept it on the table and without looking up, began explaining, "I think that should cover it. Will you help?" She rushed out, barely giving him a chance to answer before she took off after the extremely fast golden retriever. "GET BACK HERE YOU.....YOU......MUTT!!!"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 pm

The comment about looking straight from an advert made Jake smile as he tucked Marilyn's picture away. "She does, but I wouldn't have it any other way." Jake agreed, but not in a mean tone, it was one of the many things that made Marilyn. "She's definitely the catch... I got lucky." Jake mused, with a small shrug.

"Today... I had porridge. Plain porridge, no sugar, but I mixed a banana in to it. Was tasty." Jake explained, but her next question was a good one... When had he last... "My birthday, and the day before, we had a lot of cake. So August. Thirteenth." Jake explained. "Honestly, a stricter diet won't kill you. I'm fine."

"I have the patience of a saint, I guess." Jake replied in regards to teaching. "The kids are good, I enjoy it, and I really wouldn't say anything bad about the whole thing. It keeps me busy."

The notion of having to start your whole life again was something Jake kind of knew about, Marilyn's rehabilitation process had been a difficult journey, as did his new start after his ex-girlfriend left. No where near as severe, of course, but there was a small understanding on Jake's behalf.

But everything was interrupted in that moment when Snitch decided to bolt. There was a scramble for money that Jake ignored, deciding to leave it for the woman behind the counter, and he was off through the door not a moment later after Zoya. Catching up with Zoya was the easy part, and after a moment of seeing the retriever, Jake span on the spot, appearing a moment later next to the dog and grabbing his collar. "Got him!" Jake called back to the witch, patting the dogs head. "Not quite got the knack of getting away from magic, eh?" Jake asked the creature, kneeling down to pet the dog with a smile on his face.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)   Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Future Colleagues (Zoya & Jake)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2