Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:11 pm

"I have you, that's all I need to be comfortable."

Aww. Mari grinned, that was almost cute enough to drop the pillow and cuddle with her boyfriend, spending the day napping and kiss peacefully. Almost. Instead the witch smirked as his eyes closed and he asked her what she wanted to do for the rest of the day.

"This!" was her only answer as she whacked him with the pillow, hopping over to straddle him as he reacted, trying to block his pillow and still get a few hits in herself, finding themselves jumping on the bed and soon armed with a pillow per hand, feathers flying as the battle was valiently fought, laughing until their sides hurt. Towards the end the couple was rolling all over the bed and the pillows lay forgotten as Mari, beneath Jake, brushed feathers out of his hair gently, still grinning, and pulled him in for a deeper kiss. In that moment overjoyed to the point of bliss.

Taking in the man above her Marilyn felt that she didn't at all mind that they were going to wait to get engaged, as long as she had this she was happy. Mari hadn't thought this would ever be possible, with anyone, much less that she'd be so lucky as to have this with Jake. She remembered realising her feelings, she remembered the first time he'd kissed her and in thought of the memory, pulled him close for a soft kiss much like that one. A thank you kiss. Except, unlike with that kiss, he didn't freak out or pull away, but instead looked at her with a (matching!) expression of love.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:02 pm

"This!"

"Oof!" Jake replied as the first blow struck. Now, that wasn't what he'd anticipated, and he was too relaxed to react too quickly, so Marilyn got a few more in before he managed to get a pillow in hand, shielding himself to start with and then managing to get a blow of his own in. None of it hurt, of course, and Jake was having way too much fun, tickling Marilyn when he could and then hitting her with a pillow in between.

Somewhere in between one of the pillows broke, and feathers were strewn across the bed, Jake just laughing softly as they continued to playfully fight one another with pillows until he'd 'won' capturing Marilyn's hands and pinning them above her head and kissing her softly. He was out of breath, but it was fun. When she stopped struggling, Jake let go, kissing her gently and holding his weight just off of her.

As they led together, sharing small, loving kisses, he could see Marilyn was thinking about something just before she reached up to kiss him once more, a small, fond smile on her lips as she took him in - he probably looked much the same, because he adored her, but he wanted to know... "What are you thinking about?" Jake asked softly, he'd gotten used to seeing her thoughts during their joint silence and it would have been useful right now.

But a knock on the window made Jake jump half a mile, rolling off of Marilyn and looking towards the window to see Jamie. "Coming in the pool?" He asked through the window, and Jake put his thumb up in response, waiting for the older man to walk away.

Turning his eyes back to Marilyn expectantly, Jake continued. "Don't comment on being jumpy, just tell me what you were thinking." Jake told her softly, not wanting to be teased.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:26 pm

"What are you thinking about?"

Marilyn, against her will, blushed slightly and bit her lip, catching herself being sentimental, not that that was a bad thing, it was just...a vulnerable thing. And vulnerable was usually quite scary, with everyone, except with Jake. Luckily, or so she thought, she was saved by Jamie, nodding to accompany Jake's thumbs up, ready to change subject with a quip that was just on the tip of her tongue as Jake caught her out.

"Don't comment on being jumpy, just tell me what you were thinking."

Sighing the witch averted her gaze, picking a point on the wall to look at as she softly replied, "I was thinking about how much I love this, you. How I'd once thought I'd never be able to have this with anyone, much less be lucky enough to have this with you..." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "And I was thinking about that time in your room when you kissed me for the first time. Which was nice. And your freakout afterwards, which was confusing and somewhat funny."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Jake didn't miss how she averted her gaze from him, feeling a little confused at the notion of her not wanting to look at him. But it wasn't for a negative reason, quite the contrary, Marilyn was just embarrassed. Jake smiled at her words, leaning down to kiss her cheek quite happily. "I'm the lucky one." He murmured softly, because really he'd been very lucky that Marilyn had been there for him, and that she was still here now today.

But as she reminded him of the time he'd first kissed her, Jake hid his face in the crook of her neck, laughing softly. "That... was probably the most confusing day ever." He admitted softly, before moving to face her. "Funny now, but that was so, so horribly confusing that day. But, I wouldn't ever regret kissing you that day. Or any of the kisses we've shared since." He told her, placing another soft kiss on her lips.

"We best get moving, before Jamie drags us to the pool." He murmured against her lips, pressing another soft kiss to her lips before sitting up and heading to the cupboard to find his swimming trunks. Turning back to Marilyn, Jake realised something. "Please tell me your grandparents, Cassandra and Jamie don't go naked here, and... that you're going to wear a bikini now?" Jake asked, grimacing at the thought of seeing her grandparents naked.

Nope, definitely didn't need to see that. At. All.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:04 pm

"Funny now, but that was so, so horribly confusing that day. But, I wouldn't ever regret kissing you that day. Or any of the kisses we've shared since."

Mari chuckled, kissing him back, "Yeah, you wouldn't stop glancing at me during the movie, I felt like we were on the most awkward not-first-date-first-date ever. I think it was shortly after that that I started to see you as more." She confided softly, kissing him again before they both got up and she walked to her closet.

"Please tell me your grandparents, Cassandra and Jamie don't go naked here, and... that you're going to wear a bikini now?"

"Well, Gwen always says she could, she's quite fit for her age, so is Evan, and we are in France..." She laughed at the horrified expression, "Sorry, Sorry, I'm kidding." and then, to make up up to him she pulled him close and murmured, "You can help me pick a bikini, but I might have to model them first..."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:36 pm

The confided secret of how she'd found out she liked him after that awkward first... time together. Smiling warmly at that information, Jake pressed another light kiss to her cheek. It didn't occur to Jake just how soon that was that she'd developed feelings for him, though in honesty he couldn't put his finger on when his own feelings had truly began. It... well, that had been something of a confusing time.

The joke about Gwen and Evan still being capable of going naked made Jake grimace slightly at the thought of them... well, naked. But, her apology as she pulled him closer made it better, especially when he was told that she would be modelling them for him in a moment. Jake's smiled turned in to something of a grin, nodding his head enthusiastically. "I can do that!" He told her, quite sure he was capable.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in and around the pool, with Jake and Jamie messing around in the pool, and splashing their girlfriend/fiancé respectively. Or on one occasion, lifting them up and jumping in to the pool with the girls in their arms.

The holiday really moved in much the carefree manner, with Gwen and Evan joining the younger couples as and when they felt like it.

It was on the third evening of being at the house that Jake had padded through the house - relatively late - to get Marilyn and him a drink. He'd walked past the lounge to see the oldest couple dancing slowly together, with eyes for only one another and sharing light kisses. Jake had smiled slightly, though been slightly uncomfortable, before he hurried through to the kitchen to get drinks. He also picked up some grapes that were left there, borrowing a tray to take everything back to his and Marilyn's room. On his way back, Jake could see Gwen and Evan sat down, talking in a very low whisper and cuddled up in one another's arms. In reality, Gwen and Evan weren't as scary as they first came across. Jake simply hope that one day he would look as happy as the couple in the lounge did.

He hadn't mentioned it to Marilyn, that was her grandparents' moment and it should be left that way.

The holiday continued, with lunches, and fun, exploring the beaches, watching the stars, going souvenir shopping, and everything else you did as a tourist. It was the night before they were due to leave, the Caldwell's had gone out for dinner in the town, and Jake and Marilyn had stayed back. Mostly because Evan and Gwen wanted to run through the whole notion of the press bombarding them the next day. After a light dinner, Marilyn had gone for a shower, and Jake had planned on going to sit out on by the pool, to watch the sun go down and wait for his girlfriend.

But on the way, he'd become side tracked by the unusually silent piano. Taking a seat before the instrument, Jake had run his fingers over the keys, not making a sound, just looking. Pressing down a key softly, a book of music appeared before him - much too advanced for Jake, but ready to start.

Looking around, Jake checked nobody else was around, before pressing another key. He'd never taken lessons, but after spending so much time around the soft melody of the piano, Jake had come to realise it was vastly relaxing and that he wished he knew how to play. He couldn't though, so he was left to tapping keys randomly, getting a feel for the sound they made and wondering how people could play such an instrument so beautifully...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Mari enjoyed the time with Jake and her family, it made her happier than she could possibley say and whilst they explored France and each other Marilyn explored herself. Not in a physical way, Jake took care of that. But in her capabilities, she pushed her comfort zone. Singing, for one, something that generally caused her a great deal of anxiety and thus was usually avoided. But that was before the operation, before she regained a healthy, pretty even, voice. So slowly, and only when alone, she started softly trying again. And only when Jagger was near if she had a panic attack. But, especially now in France, she'd been growing more confident in her capability to not sing like a dying animal. It was nothing special, just a pleasant voice.

Certainly nothing to brag about, but she could definitely sing without killing anyones ears. And she felt comfortable, to an extent. So she was singing in the shower before going down to meet Jake, padding along barefooted, in her black leggings and loose, white blouse, a simple necklace dangling from her delicate neck. Her curls were up messily, with a few stray curls framing her face and brushing her neck. On her way to the pool she heard unfamiliar climpering on the piano, random notes that had her scrunching her features in confusion until she saw Jake sat at the instrument.

Smiling to herself she padded up behind him, kissing his neck softly and gently laying her fingers over his and guiding them to play a simple melody he would recognize from the many times she'd listened to it. She guided his fingers under hers and shyly started singing along, soft at first but then loud enough to sing clearly, guiding him through half of the song before pulling back with a smile, cheeks warm, taking up the seat on the bench beside him and facing him with a small smile.

(Song: Breathe- Anna Nalick)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Jake had been quite happy with his method of playing the piano - admittedly it was awful, but he hadn't intended on being Mozart. So when the soft kiss touched his neck, Jake began to move away from the instrument, somewhat embarrassed. But Marilyn's hands moved his back to the keys, playing a soft melody that he soon recognised.

The young man sat watching their hands, concentrating on the movement that was bringing such a soft, melodic sound to the room.

But what really caught Jake's attention was the fact that Marilyn was... singing. Beautifully singing, in fact. A voice that was growing stronger with each note. But before he could begin to remember the words, Marilyn had stopped and taken the seat beside him, smiling up at him.

He was stunned, and it showed, but in a good way. Leaning down only slightly, Jake pressed a light kiss to hers lips. "You sing beautifully, and... I didn't know you could play." He told her softly. "I don't know how to play... obviously."

Jake pressed another key lightly, smiling slightly at the lack of capability he had. "Do you think we could get a smaller piano for the flat?" He asked, looking sideways at Marilyn, hope in his eyes. "Then I could learn to play?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm

"You sing beautifully, and... I didn't know you could play." He told her softly. "I don't know how to play... obviously."

"Pfft, hardly." Marilyn blushed and shook her head after the kiss, "I don't kill ears, that's pretty much it. I'm trying, anyway. I love it when you sing and i thought, maybe with some practice, I could give it a go," She bit her lip, cheeks burning, "And I learned when I was a kid, Caldwell tradition." The woman conceded with a soft smile. She didn't believe his words regarding her singing they were still flattering and her eyes crinkled from the smile all the same.

"Sure, we can get one, no problem." She kissed his cheek, "I'd be happy to teach you," Mari pressed a sweet kiss to his lips and moved to sit between his legs, her back flush to his chest so he could still see around her, her hands picking up his and guiding them across the keys again.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:09 pm

The light blush on Marilyn's cheeks made Jake smile slightly, pressing his lips gently to her cheek. "No, you really do sound great." Jake told her softly when she tried to pretend otherwise. "And I don't really sing, I just... say the words softly." Jake told her with a small shrug of his shoulders. To him it wasn't really singing, just copying the artist in something of the right timing and rhythm.

But being told that he would be taught how to play made Jake smile happily to himself, looking sideways at Marilyn to check she meant it, but there was no reason she wouldn't. Jake murmured a soft thank you against her lips when she said she would help him, before she moved to sit between his legs.

Their hands moved back to the keys, Marilyn's hands covering his as he looked over her shoulder. They began to play something a little simpler, with Marilyn showing him the chords, and basic pieces that you could memorise. The spent some time just playing chopsticks until Jake got it almost perfect.

They only moved from the piano when the rest of Marilyn's family came home, explaining that he wanted to learn to play the piano to her grandparents before they all retired to their bedrooms. For the older Caldwell's tomorrow would mean going home, but for Jake and Marilyn, it meant the start of their next adventure, and the moment where they would collect their second postcard from the holiday.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)   St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

St. Tropez (Jari) (Pt. 2)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2