Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Valentine's Day (Jari) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Valentine's Day (Jari) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Valentine's Day (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Valentine's Day (Jari) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Valentine's Day (Jari)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Valentine's Day (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Since the argument with Marilyn that had happened in October, Jake had been secretly learning Spanish for her. It was difficult for him, because Jake had never been brought up with another language, so getting the sounds right was very difficult. However, the longer he stuck at it, the easier it seemed to be becoming.

When they'd gone to Mexico Jake had picked up words here and there, but it was nothing of note. But after convincing himself that he was doing the right thing, Jake had pulled Felipe to one side and asked him for advice. Whether he was doing the right thing, how to do it to a high enough level, anything that would help. Felipe had been highly helpful in that moment, encouraging and giving pointers but ultimately agreeing to keep the secret Jake had taken up.

Mexico had once again been a great holiday - this time staying somewhere else and making the most of the time they had off to go and sight see.

As November drew to a close, Marilyn's birthday came around, and Jake hadn't known what to get the witch. She had beautiful jewelry and clothes in abundance. He didn't have a clue what she wanted. So instead, he'd gone for a keepsake - albeit rather late, but he'd had they're flat key pressed in to clay with the words 'a memory of our first home' around it. It was simple, and relatively inexpensive, but Jake hadn't known what else to get for Marilyn.

Of course, soon after Marilyn's birthday came Christmas, which meant Jake was pressed with the same problem once more. So, he'd taken something of an easy route out and presented her with a home-made voucher which could redeem her a day out (or weekend) doing whatever she wanted, for just the two of them. Christmas had been low key, with the couple staying in on their own and having dinner and relaxing by themselves. Their first Christmas together, perfect in every manner, in Jake's opinion.

The next day had been more the Christmas Jake was used to, busy, exhausting but filled with fun and family. His mom had pulled out all the stops, and he'd enjoyed the day with Victoria and his parents, as well as Marilyn before they collapsed in to the bed in his old room for the night, too tired for anything more than a quick goodnight.

December moved in to January with a party once more with Jake's friends (he'd checked with Marilyn if she minded and she said she didn't). Jake hadn't remembered much the next morning, but his head was thumping enough to tell him that he'd enjoyed himself.

But it was as February rolled in to town that Jake grew more nervous. They'd agreed that they were both ready for the future, both wanted it. Which had settled the indecision Gavin had caused. And so, Jake had done what he believed to be the right thing.

Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday, and Jake had slipped out the house early that morning to go and collect the fresh flowers he'd ordered for Marilyn for the day. The card was on her bedside already, with a small notion of how much he appreciated her and everything she did. In English.

The jewelers shop wasn't too hard to find, in honesty, though Jake had picked out a very high end jewelers in the hope Marilyn would like the jewelry as she liked every other piece she owned. He could afford it, quite easily, but as he walked in and an assistant moved towards him asking of which metal he would like, which gem stones Marilyn would prefer, the size, if it would need engraving, Jake could feel his head swimming.

Honestly, he hadn't thought of that, he didn't think he'd needed to worry about that... But now he was looking, the variety of styles was much larger than he could have imagined. It was an hour and a half later that Jake had left the store, his bank account healthily lighter, and a small box tucked in to his jacket. He felt a little relieved, having gotten that part. However, the next stage - despite knowing Marilyn wanted this, was still rather terrifying.

The flowers were the ones Marilyn loved, so that, Jake knew wouldn't be going wrong today. He was nervous, after the events of the year before he was a little bit scared that it would happen again, but then... so much had changed... He needed to relax. Stepping back in to the house, Jake made a quick detour to feed Jagger before moving back to the bedroom where he was quite sure Marilyn would still be. He wasn't wrong, either, and moving to put the flowers on the bed beside her before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Feliz dìa de San Valentìn, Mari!" Jake whispered softly, waiting to see if he had done this right. His heart was beating a little louder because he was terrified he had gotten it wrong.

"Feliz dìa de San Valentìn, Mari!" - "Happy Valentine's Day, Mari!"

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Valentine's Day (Jari) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm

The events of the year came and went and Marilyn went along with them. Her Birthday. Christmas together. Christmas with his family and hers, thank you time difference. New Years with his friends. And then before she knew it it was Valentines day. And Mari being Mari, she was sound asleep until Jake woke her up. Pushing her curls out of her face she heard him speak but the words didn't quite register consciously, instead she mumbled sleepily, "Qué está pasando? Jake-?" (What's happening?) She blinked and then froze when they hit.

"What did you just say?" she asked quizzically, sitting up slightly and smoothing down her pale, silk shorts, her fingertips lingering on her lips where he'd just kissed her, utterly thrown. It was hard, very hard, to even mildly confuse Marilyn Caldwell. And here she was wondering if she had hallucinated or accidently translated in her mind or if she had heard utterly wrong.

(Mari)
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:02 pm

For Jake, it was perhaps one of the best things in his life, watching Marilyn wake up. He didn't always do it, usually only having time of the weekend or one holidays that they shared. But the way Marilyn slept so peacefully was beautiful in itself and though he didn't like to wake her up and ruin the moment, he found that he liked the small smile that usually came when he kissed her awake.

However, today there wasn't a smile, but a look of confusion on the witch's features. Confusion that he'd caused. In any other situation he might have worried that he'd done something wrong, but he knew why she was confused and it took a lot not to laugh at the confusion on her features.

The Spanish took him a moment - what with never practicing with Marilyn he hadn't learnt how her accent worked with the words, but with a small pause, he caught what she'd said. His smile only grew in that moment, feeling quite proud of himself for being able to understand, but also because Marilyn had slipped in to a small comfort of speaking in her language and not his.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, Feliz dìa de San Valentìn, Mari!" Jake replied to the witch, giving her a moment before he held up a finger to ask her to wait for a moment. That moment was to check in his head that he was saying things correctly and to make sure he got the pronunciation perfect. Because Marilyn deserved perfect and nothing less.

"Aprendì un poco de español para ti. Lo siento que no te dije... dije más temprano... pero te amo y estoy intentando!" He whispered, taking a moment to go over it in his head before nodding his own confirmation that he'd done it right. Now, he just had to hope that Marilyn would like the surprise, because... well, it was all for her. Only her.

"Aprendì un poco de español para ti. Lo siento que no te dije... dije más temprano... pero te amo y estoy intentando!" - I learnt some Spanish for you, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner... but I love you, and I am trying.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 pm

"Aprendì un poco de español para ti. Lo siento que no te dije... dije más temprano... pero te amo y estoy intentando!"

Mari's eyebrows furrowed briefly before a bright smile spread across her face and she let out a small, high, happy noise, and using her enchanced strength she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close, kissing every inch of skin she could reach.

"I can't believe you, you're insane, you're wonderful, I love you!" She grinned, rolling them over so she was on top of him, kissing him over and over, all smiles. Best present ever, she thought as she cuddled up to him.

"Happy Valentines day, Jake." She kissed him one last time, slowly and sweetly, "Anything planned that requires me getting up soon, or can we cuddle for a bit?" The witch asked softly, smiling at her boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Waiting for Marilyn to catch up was both amusing and terrifying at the same time. The confusion was the verge of the next emotion and Jake felt like he was holding his breath until she smiled. A smile that made everything that he'd worried about for six months worth it because her happiness had been secured.

"I can't believe you, you're insane, you're wonderful, I love you!"

Jake couldn't help but grin as Marilyn's kisses touched his skin, pulling him down to her and then beneath her. "I'm not insane, I couldn't see you unhappy." Jake insisted,cupping her face with his hand and kissing her once more. "I love you, and I thought this was one of the best things I could do to prove it." Jake explained, though she hadn't asked him to prove it.

"I have nothing planned." Jake whispered against her lips, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. "Unless you want to do something." He added, stealing another kiss from Marilyn, steadily growing more relaxed.

"Just promise you'll tell me before you get upset next time, so that I can fix things." Jake finished, meeting the witch's eyes. She meant to much to him to lose over... well anything.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day (Jari)   Valentine's Day (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day (Jari)
Page 1 of 1