Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Veronika was slightly nervous now.

The lesson planned for today could prove to very well be dangerous had she not spent months trying to hone in this ability for this lecture. So she spent the morning fiddling with her fingers after waking up too early lying in bed next to her boyfriend, sleeping (thankfully) before getting up and making herself tea to calm herself down. She had to be self-assured when she did this, and since her third and fourth year class was usually quite small, she never had to worry about the lesson not getting through the entirety of them. She felt rather awful because this was supposed to be Lesson Two, but she couldn't very well teach a lesson while she was in France now could she?

You couldn't have unless you did it through the floo, her brain teased and put her a little more at ease. With that in mind she pulled on professional work clothes, ate a hearty breakfast and made one for Jake too putting it on the bedside for him, had a third cup of tea and then Floo'd to Hogwarts with the intent to do great and do right by her students.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:37 pm

He didn't mind Transfiguration at all. In fact he enjoyed it. Maybe that was why he had wanted to arrive there so early. Aaron had decided that he wanted a job with a lot of Transfiguration once he was out of Hogwarts. Slowing his pace as he neared the classroom, he entered and sat down in one of the front rows.

"Good Morning, Professor. Are we doing something challenging today?" he asked. He didn't expect an answer but he thought he would give it a shot. He suppressed a smirk at the thought that he was the first one in the class room. but he hid it well, like he normally hid his emotions. That sparked another idea. Professor Newbury was an auror and he had forgotten to ask about his brother. He resisted the urge to small his mand down on the table and curse quite profoundly, but nonetheless it was forgotten and he took to pulling out his books.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 pm

The lesson in which Finley got removed from his best friend was not one that he liked. Yes, perhaps it was childish of him to not like a class as much because he was taken out of his comfort zone, but Finley did anyway. Not that it showed outwardly, he just grew a little more nervous than usual without his best friend.

Slipping in to the classroom, Finley eyed his fellow Ravenclaw for a moment before moving to the front of the room, to the professor. Handing the witch a note, Finley waited for her to read it, hoping she would hand it back. It stated that Professor Ellingston had, hopefully, found a reason as to why Finley's magic wasn't as strong as it should be for his age. Professor Ellingston had noted that Finley was trying very hard in the non-verbal branch of magic, and that other professors should allow him to do the work in this manner.

Any issues should be raised with Professor Ellingston, it stated.

"I h-hope this is o-okay..." Finley asked, though he didn't think Professor Hollands would have an issue with it. And, he also hoped that she wouldn't bring attention to the matter, because Finley didn't want the whole school to know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Sumire woke up that morning feeling energized. Her letters with Felix had gotten more and more laced with sentiment; ones about how much he missed her, how badly he wished she was with him, and so forth. It made her flush when she read them and if she focused on the feeling too much it would probably make her flush again, so instead she pocketed it away (the emotion would be useful in an upcoming theater show back in New York) to use for later and did her morning stretches to get her body eased. After getting dressed for breakfast and ensuring her homework was all done she gave her thanks to the elves and her small prayers of gratitude as she did before every meal. For breakfast she ate a muffin with blueberries and had a cup of coffee, mostly creamer and sugar, but caffeine nonetheless to ensure she'd the get maximum she could get done achieved today.

Once in her Transfiguration classroom she searched for Finley and smiled. She settled for a front row seat and looked at him hopefully as if to ask that he sit by her, fluttering her long lashes as she was feeling the bursts of energy seep into her system.

"Good morning Professor Hollands," she greeted the Professor too with a nod.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Veronika smiled at the students that arrived.

"'m afraid so," she answered Mr. Tate, giving him a nod towards the desks and a smile. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and gave wan smiles to all the students that piled in.

"It's perfectly acceptable, I'm excited for you to begin that sort of learning," she replied excitedly to Mr. Allen giving him a nod towards his desk after a grin too.

"Today's lesson will focus on the Transfiguration into animals, for my third years I'm about to begin on a lecture an Animagi for you all, and for my fourth year I've a different spell for you to practice." She explained before taking a deep breath.

"The Transfiguration of human to animal is something we will be divulging on much more thoroughly in later years here at Hogwarts." She started. "An Animagus is a registered wizard or witch who elects to turn into an animal. Natural Animagi wizards and witches are called Metamorphagus, such as the late Nymphadora Tonks-Lupin from the Second Wizarding War. Turning into an animal is something that must be learned, not too many chose to learn it however for the training proves to be a tedious affair.

"Once training is over, well then the wizard or witch can turn into an animal at will without a wand. The animal that they turn into is not by choice, rather based off of their personality. A full-bodied Patronus can sometimes also reveal what the form would be. You may stay in the form of an Animagus for as long as possible too." She paused to let it sink in.

"Each Animagus has a mark on their animal that is caused by physical traits on their human form, allow me to demonstrate.
" She took a step back and took a deep breath calming herself before Transfiguring herself into her animagus; a white fox.

She prowled around the classroom making sure there was space between her tracks and the desks of the students so to not scare any of them too much, but most importantly opened her eyes wide to allow each of her students to see that unlike the usual hue of foxes eyes; hers were a bright green. It was a sole identifier of her personality. She loved the feel of her fox self; so comfortable and at ease. She yipped as a joke before transforming back.

"As you can see, I didn't use my wand for that. Therein lies the most important difference between Transfiguration and Animagi; I don't need my wand or an incantation to change into my animal." She smiled at each of her students warmly.

"For today's lesson, third years," she retrieved a small cage of salamanders from underneath her desk, "I want you all to practice the Lapifors spell on these, it's a simple incantation and should turn your target into a rabbit if done correctly."

Veronika then turned towards her fourth years.

"For my fourth years I want you all practicing on turning the Guinea fowl into a guinea pig," she explained producing another cage for the fourth years and preparing herself to open it up for each student that was to grasp for one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:55 pm

"It's perfectly acceptable, I'm excited for you to begin that sort of learning,"

Letting out a soft sigh of relief, Finley returned the smile before turning back towards the desks. Noting Sumire, Finley moved to the seat beside her, giving her a warm smile. "H-hey!" Finley greeted the witch, definitely happy to see her in class with him. Though he hadn't missed the fluttering of her eyelashes, which did mean his cheeks were a little warmer than usual. Sumire was pretty, he couldn't deny that, but she was his friend, and his thoughts never went past that thought on the witch.

The professor pulled Finley's attention back to the front, and in an instant he was taking notes from what she was saying. Becoming an Animagus sounded like a lot of fun, however, Finley had absolutely no idea if he would be able to manage it. His interest was peaked though, when the professor said it didn't require a wand or an incantation... That, in Finley's mind made it manageable, and almost instantly became much more interested than before. How cool would that be?

But nothing, Finley would argue, would come close to being as cool as seeing your professor turn herself in to a white fox. With eyes wide, Finley watched her pad around for a moment before grinning at the witch. Finley had so many questions in that moment, but he decided against asking, because he needed to think this through.

Instead, he listened to the instructions and looked sideways at Sumire. "Would you like to work together?" The boy asked, motioning to the cage. He wasn't sure how he'd do, but he was going to give it a try, for sure!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 am

Veronika adored teaching. It probably all began when she was younger, when she used to do tutoring. She was a fourth year, she was extremely good at Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration already. She didn’t mind helping her peers and eventually she even started asking her professors for older student work so she could get familiarized with it. Her DAtDA professor wasn’t okay with it, but her Transfiguration found time for her to do it. Soon enough she was a fourth year tutoring fifth years in Transfiguration. Her professor was extremely proud of her. In the beginning she had definitely screwed up big time. Especially with the Dracifors spell… The dragon was roaming Hogwarts for hours before they finally caught it. The dragon she created hadn’t even been entirely a dragon. It was had big wings and bigger body but tiny appendages. It was really funny looking but Veronika felt so torn that she’d hurt a lizard like that.

That was when her professor told her that the animals didn’t feel the change exactly. They went into the sort of state a wizard or witch goes into during a ‘Confundo’. They went into a dazed state and didn’t remember any of the changes.

Excellent lesson today everyone! Stay in school and make good choices,” she said cheerily before dismissing the lot of them.

Gryffindor:
N/A
Hufflepuff:
Sumire Sidhir: +10 Attendance
Ravenclaw:
Aaron Tate: +10 Attendance
Finley Allen: +10 Attendance

Slytherin:
N/A
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)    Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)   Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Lesson Three (Third & Fourth Years)
Page 1 of 1